Rewards for Healing Considered?

in WvW

Posted by: Bombsaway.7198

Bombsaway.7198

While this is a damage centric game, has there been any consideration for rewards for healing?

What are the pros/cons?

On the pro side, it would open up more diversity in builds.

in WvW

Posted by: Realist.5812

Realist.5812

5 wxp per target you give a green number to.

Guardian all year round.

ALL IS VAIN.
PvP modes are the “endgame” in every MMO.
Stop failing at PvE, start fixing PvP/WvW. Thank you.

in WvW

Posted by: IncognitoP.1648

IncognitoP.1648

Downside is out of combat is the best healing in the game
Another downside is healing power doesn’t affect reviving ppl from downed states
Another downside is killing enemies faster keeps your teammates alive longer

in WvW

Posted by: Kraag Deadsoul.2789

Kraag Deadsoul.2789

Give X WXP per skill used or buff applied which heals an ally (including regen). This is on a per player, per skill activation/buff application, and per actual healing delivered basis.

In other words, a necro using Transfusion would only gain a single reward of WXP for providing healing to an ally; not a reward for each tick of healing during the entire Life Transfer chain.

Likewise, a guardian providing a regen buff to an ally gains the WXP reward when the buff is first applied to the ally; not a reward every second that the regen buff is active.

If no healing is delivered (i.e. the ally is already at max health), then no WXP is awarded.

Traits which heal may be a bit tricky as they’re constantly and passively being applied. I guess the function could check when a player enters the effective radius of a trait-based healing buff whether or not they’re below max health. If they are, then the player with the healing trait receives the WXP reward. They won’t receive another reward until the affected ally moves outside of the effective radius of the trait, loses the buff, reenters the radius, regains the buff, and actually receives healing/regen from it.

A combo field could also be problematic. Who do we give the WXP reward to; the player placing the field or the player(s) using finishers within the field? Both?

So many souls, so little time. ~ Kraag Deadsoul

in WvW

Posted by: imdannyboy.6071

imdannyboy.6071

I like this idea but the fact stands that people will probably abuse this. Taking fall damage just to heal yourself, or having a buddy do the same thing. If they were to separate fall damage, it could be more successful but at the moment it probably wouldn’t be possible.

[TORK] Esaric Faustus (Ranger)
[OPED] My Names Not Bobby (Guard)
Garnished Toast

in WvW

Posted by: arKRazor.8654

arKRazor.8654

Bomb-heal engi endorses the idea of receiving up to 25 wxp per auto-attack.

Halfpint Sapper – Poorly-traited Asuran Engineer/CatHound/Part-time Warbanner

Devona’s Rest [OHai][GloB]

in WvW

Posted by: Kraag Deadsoul.2789

Kraag Deadsoul.2789

I like this idea but the fact stands that people will probably abuse this. Taking fall damage just to heal yourself, or having a buddy do the same thing. If they were to separate fall damage, it could be more successful but at the moment it probably wouldn’t be possible.

The WXP reward would only apply to healing other players; never one’s self. But I see your point. Perhaps add the additional limitation that the WXP is only rewarded while in combat.

So many souls, so little time. ~ Kraag Deadsoul