Rework Downed State

Rework Downed State

in WvW

Posted by: kamedin.4698

kamedin.4698

Time to change this since its just ending up with the same thing. I hate the downed state is a lot of times useless in WvW, maybe do to a perma stealth thief or in huge zerg fights. maybe buff the skills up a little or change some of the mechanics of it i.e. “Finish Him!”

Lyscir – Main Engi
[????] – HoD

(edited by kamedin.4698)

Rework Downed State

in WvW

Posted by: CreativeAnarchy.6324

CreativeAnarchy.6324

I would not object to the removal of the downed state.

You should also note, if it was a class with stability, invulnerability or any other immunity, you would still be dead and your skill would still not work.

I speak for my self and no one else. Only fools believe they speak for a majority.

Rework Downed State

in WvW

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

This is a part of the larger problem: thieves in general.

There is unanimous consensus that they are massively over the top and require a lot of attention from Mr Peters and co.

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

(edited by Svarty.8019)

Rework Downed State

in WvW

CreativeAnarchy.6324

They require a lot of attention from Mr Peters and co.

Thieves are fine.

I speak for my self and no one else. Only fools believe they speak for a majority.

Rework Downed State

in WvW

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

Thieves are fine.

If by “fine” you mean “overpowered”, I agree.

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

Rework Downed State

in WvW

Posted by: Zacchary.6183

Zacchary.6183

Thieves are fine.

If by “overpowered” you mean “super effective against scrubs”, I agree.

Rework Downed State

in WvW

CreativeAnarchy.6324

Thieves are fine.

No, not overpowerd at all. They are fine. I have no issues dealing with them most of the time. Rest of the time, I wasn’t paying attention and don’t have my 1v1 weapon set ready.

Rework Downed State

in WvW

Posted by: Calae.1738

Calae.1738

Thieves are fine.

If by “overpowered” you mean “super effective against scrubs”, I agree.

You’re unlikely to find players above scrub level in GW2. This game is a heaven for the casual market.

Rework Downed State

in WvW

Posted by: DeadlySynz.3471

DeadlySynz.3471

There are a lot of things that need to be either removed or toned down in general in WvW.. in this case downed state should be removed, and stealth toned down drastically.

Other things that should be done: Stability, condition, and retaliation duration should be cut in half. Healing effects and retaliation damage should be cut in half.

Aside from that, just removing downed state alone would completely shake up the rankings in WvW.

Rework Downed State

in WvW

CreativeAnarchy.6324

There are a lot of things that need to be either removed or toned down in general in WvW.. in this case downed state should be removed, and stealth toned down drastically.

Other things that should be done: Stability, condition, and retaliation duration should be cut in half. Healing effects and retaliation damage should be cut in half.

Aside from that, just removing downed state alone would completely shake up the rankings in WvW.

Since we are going to just remove a bunch of stuff, we should all just be given a stick for a weapon that does only 2 points of damage, a diaper and binky for armor that only reduces damage by 1 point, .5 a point if you only have 1 of the 2, and everyone should be HP capped at 10 points.

Rework Downed State

in WvW

Posted by: LightningBlaze.4913

LightningBlaze.4913

Steath is not an issue, down state on the other hand doesn’t belong in any pvp setting imo.

Heidia- The elementalist is the #1 most OP profession in this game since beta!

Rework Downed State

in WvW

Posted by: TinkTinkPOOF.9201

TinkTinkPOOF.9201

Thieves are fine.

They are not OPed at all, just annoying and the ability to troll and reset fights whenever they like, if they stick in the fight and I 1vs1 them, it’s often an easy kill for me, though I have run into two very skilled thieves and funny enough they were not perm stealth builds, but still very slippery and high dps.

I also agree with removal of the downed state, I killed you and won, there is no reason that because your buddy stomped someone else you should get another go at me. It also gives the upper hand to larger groups as with enough players who keep getting up the downed you can almost never pick them off, sure, everyone can use the downed state, but the benefit starts getting lopsided when you get large teams.

Case in point, my team (12) trying to take garri, they had a mass of 30-40…We held them for about 15-20mins, they could never push us, however, because of sheer number they just keep getting up the downed, it makes having a smaller team of skilled players very useful even when confronting far larger numbers if they are not organized.

6700k@5GHz | 32GB RAM | 1TB 850 SSD | GTX980Ti | 27" 144Hz Gsync

Rework Downed State

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

There is UNANIMOUS consensus that they are massively over the top and require a lot of attention from Mr Peters and co.

Attachments:

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

Rework Downed State

in WvW

Posted by: Obscure One.4357

Obscure One.4357

Thieves are fine.

Thieves are a trash class that was overspecialized into doing one thing in the most game breaking and simple manner possible: press 2 a lot and have near permanent access to invisibility…!#$%ing infantile…

The class is otherwise totally worthless in WvW. You run in a zerg with a glass cannon thief and what happens is you go down, you die, and then half the enemy zerg rally’s off your stupid little thief !#$, and they proceed to straight up curb stomp your allies.

The Thief represents a total failure in core class design by being neither challenging to play, nor encouraging of build versatility, nor presenting options to fill other roles in a party, and makes itself infamous for the only thing it can do well: being a no-skill-required pain in the #$% amounting to little more than a bunch of petty trolls.

The entire class needs a MAJOR overhaul, primarily in changing the whole no-skill-required stealth and spam-2-till-it-dies mechanics of the class.

I’ll leave you kids with this

Circumventing profanity filters one kitten at a time.

Rework Downed State

in WvW

Zacchary.6183

Thieves are fine.

Thieves are a trash class that was overspecialized into doing one thing in the most game breaking and simple manner possible: press 2 a lot and have near permanent access to invisibility…!#$%ing infantile…

The class is otherwise totally worthless in WvW. You run in a zerg with a glass cannon thief and what happens is you go down, you die, and then half the enemy zerg rally’s off your stupid little thief !#$, and they proceed to straight up curb stomp your allies.

The Thief represents a total failure in core class design by being neither challenging to play, nor encouraging of build versatility, nor presenting options to fill other roles in a party, and makes itself infamous for the only thing it can do well: being a no-skill-required pain in the #$% amounting to little more than a bunch of petty trolls.

The entire class needs a MAJOR overhaul, primarily in changing the whole no-skill-required stealth and spam-2-till-it-dies mechanics of the class.

It isn’t challenging to play because 90% of the people who play GW2 are scrubs. Because there are so many of them, scrubby play is seen as “average”.

Rework Downed State

in WvW

Obscure One.4357

Thieves are fine.

It isn’t challenging to play because 90% of the people who play GW2 are scrubs. Because there are so many of them, scrubby play is seen as “average”.

New ANet Product Line: Scrub Wars 2: Thief Edition
Gives players access to only the thief class and comes with a specialized key-pad optimized for thief game play…which is actually just an extra #2 key with a USB connector to avoid permanent damage from constantly pressing the one built into your keyboard.

Rework Downed State

in WvW

Zacchary.6183

And they will still die like scrubs.

Rework Downed State

in WvW

Posted by: Chorazin.4107

Chorazin.4107

There are some things about thieves i dont like but they arnt really anything to do with perma stealth or dps output.

C’n’D off clones and ambients, if i can C’n’D off these why cant i gain stacks off them on my Guardian? Stealth is a powerful mechanic and can be triggered off these yet a kittenty 1 stack point cant? Remove C’n’D from Clones/ambients.

Chilled should affect thief init regen, it has an effect on my skill timers so why not init regen rate?

If i miss an attack on my thief due to a block or aegis i should get a revealed buff and drop out of stealth for being a scrub. And it makes sense, i did hit the target, it was just my scrub play for not checking animation/current buffs target has up.

I dont like the target constantly dropping as i feel like im wrestling with the UI as the thief pops in and out of stealth. In a duel this isnt really a problem but in massed combat getting a target back on that thief(that you already had targeted) is a pain in the kitten . And lets face it the targeting system is far from great in this game. But sure whilst im in stealth i should not be able to be targeted.

Rename Backstab to Organ Puncture, im tired of reading ‘He BACKSTABBED me from the SIDE!!1111’

Chorazin
[lion]~ riperonis
[tRex]

Rework Downed State

in WvW

Posted by: whiskyjack.7962

whiskyjack.7962

Thieves are fine.

hahaha that video, too good! how can you guys honestly state things like ‘thieves are fine’? now i’m not talking about overpowered, but the class design… i mean really…

Rework Downed State

in WvW

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

I’d rather see them get some other skills than stealth. It’s an annoying ability. Sure there are people that can take down a thief, but we(I) am not as good as some of you.

Rework Downed State

in WvW

Posted by: Klawlyt.6507

Klawlyt.6507

Or… you could get a PVT set, manage your (admittedly generous) dodges well, and be a source of constant blast finishers benefiting the well-organized group you’re rolling with greatly. Stay on the pin and be ready to make it rain… quite literally. Add to that the fact you can be buffing allies with swiftness, fury, might, and vigor with greater than 50% uptime, and its almost like you’re playing a support class. If you spec for it, you can even get regen on allies via stealth (though I personally don’t spec for shadow arts. I think it makes tyria hate me a little less for playing a thief).

I could be wrong though. Maybe I was running d/d stealth zerker all that time.

The possibility of physical and mental collapse is now very real.
No sympathy for the Devil, keep that in mind.
Buy the ticket, take the ride.

Rework Downed State

in WvW

Posted by: mrmadhaze.8706

mrmadhaze.8706

Any pull/fear aka CCs skill wins against stealth. If you don’t have it/use it/you are too slow isn’t an anet problem
Same useless thread same knowledge issues.

If you roam you take your risks. Basically you are complaining about wvw in a game mode called wvw becouse of thieves and “huge zergz”. What do you pretend man? that any enemy player sends you some flowers if he/she watchs you running through the battlefield?

And reading the last threads about thieves complaining there is an “unanimous consensus” only from people who runs the wrong build in the wrong place pretending to be invincible. And this is !#$%ing infantile

Rework Downed State

in WvW

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

Any pull/fear aka CCs skill wins against stealth. If you don’t have it/use it/you are too slow isn’t an anet problem

If you roam you take your risks. Basically you are complaining about wvw in a game mode called wvw becouse of thieves and “huge zergz”. What do you pretend man? that any enemy player sends you some flowers if he/she watchs you running through the battlefield?

And reading the last threads about thieves complaining there is an “unanimous consensus” only from people who runs the wrong build in the wrong place pretending to be invincible. And this is !#$%ing infantile

The fact you are so pro thief and seeing your post history it’s obvious you do not want your profession nerfed.
It’s not about dealing with thiefs, it was a stupid concept to begin with, lets give a class the best spiking power + stealth. Briljant.

Rework Downed State

in WvW

Posted by: mrmadhaze.8706

mrmadhaze.8706

The fact you are so pro thief and seeing your post history it’s obvious you do not want your profession nerfed.
It’s not about dealing with thiefs, it was a stupid concept to begin with, lets give a class the best spiking power + stealth. Briljant.

I’m absolutely not a pro thief and is not my main.
I was just one of the many who complained without knowing a s*** about the class.
I made one, understood and agreed it (tl;dl with a lot less problems with my main against thieves ). Something that a lot of people should do instead of wasting the forum with QQ.
I’m the first who agree with fixes and balance but sorry man, most of this threads are pure junk.

Rework Downed State

in WvW

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

I dont mind when thiefs cloack n finish, problem is in that state AOE knockback from downed guardian do not affect them, sometimes even dont work on other professions that dont have stability boon on, buit that is a another guardian skill problem.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

Rework Downed State

in WvW

Posted by: Seigfried.5938

Seigfried.5938

I don’t know about anyone else, but I hate when I’m roaming around or trying to find our commander and all of a sudden, a perma stealth thief (needs tweaked as well) just downs me instantly or in about 5 seconds and then goes perma stealth to where my downed skills are useless. Why have downed state in WvW when you have little chance of actually success at rallying either at the hands of a Stealth thief or a huge Zerg? It just wastes my time.

Some one is either running MF or berserker’s. If you want to see large numbers, get ready to pay the price. A theif who can down you in 5 seconds has done the same.

I rally all the time in zergs, you have to hit as many people as you can before going down and hope someone kills any one of them.

Gandara → SoS → BG → Gandara → SFR

New bunker meta sux

Rework Downed State

in WvW

Posted by: Seigfried.5938

Seigfried.5938

I dont mind when thiefs cloack n finish, problem is in that state AOE knockback from downed guardian do not affect them, sometimes even dont work on other professions that dont have stability boon on, buit that is a another guardian skill problem.

The AoE knockback does affect theifs, I am willing to bet that theif has the blind on stealth trait on. People need to research completely a profession they want to complain about. And also keep in mind, the 5 AOE cap exists, so if you are getting stomped by 6 or more, the knockback won’t work.

Gandara → SoS → BG → Gandara → SFR

New bunker meta sux

Rework Downed State

in WvW

Posted by: Plainview.7029

Plainview.7029

In any other game, being “downed” meant you were dead. In other words, you lost the fight. I’ve always advocated for stealthless builds which is what I run. Oddly enough, most people just lay there and do nothing when I down them. Perhaps they are automatically assuming that I’m a perma-stealth meta thief. It’s as if you feel you have no chance.

Change the title of the this thread to “Remove Downed State” or something a little more objective because this predictably turned into another thief thread.

Rework Downed State

in WvW

Posted by: kamedin.4698

kamedin.4698

Really, i don’t care if its a thief, a guardian, or an undead chicken; i just want to be able to use my downed skills for what it was designed, to give me a 1 in a million chance to rally. if i don’t even get the chance, just let my char die and let me get back into battle. (Might just be because i’m a horrible player idk and idc)

Lyscir – Main Engi
[????] – HoD

Rework Downed State

in WvW

Posted by: dunnberry.2964

dunnberry.2964

Why the hell should retal conditions and stability be needed along with leaving? So your crappy dungeon zerker build can 2 shot people?

Borlis Pass
Asuran Engineer (Lost)

Rework Downed State

in WvW

Posted by: Azraelle.1683

Azraelle.1683

Thieves are fine.

No they are designed to punish bad players. Only bad players can’t learn how to counter thieves.

Thief/Guardian. Desolation [EU]

Rework Downed State

in WvW

Posted by: JeroenXP.5364

JeroenXP.5364

Thieves are fine.

No they are designed to punish bad players. Only bad players can’t learn how to counter thieves.

Because every thief use his ability right after the cooldown is down so you come up with your kittenty tips count to X and dodge. Coward class for people not wanting a challenge, it’s the reason I lvl that class as last to 80 in WvW. Make the 3rd skill of down state being used after 3 seconds instead of what it’s now and when you try to stomp a player you should be revealed.

Kemy Support ele – Kesia Berserker War – Miruto Wolfhowl Berserker ranger:
Sakurashi Tank Mesmer – Cutie Pewpie Grenadier Engineer – Neesa Misaki Support Guard:
[Underworld]

Rework Downed State

in WvW

Azraelle.1683

Thieves are fine.

Oh god, this rabbit is hilarious.

Rework Downed State

in WvW

Azraelle.1683

Ever heard about blind?

Rework Downed State

in WvW

Posted by: Johje Holan.4607

Johje Holan.4607

Lol, an anti-downed state thread turned into another anti-thief thread. Great stuff!

Rework Downed State

in WvW

Posted by: stof.9341

stof.9341

I was an anti-downed thread in title only, the very first sentence in the first post was an anti-thief rant.

Rework Downed State

in WvW

Posted by: Xsorus.2507

Xsorus.2507

Thieves are fine.

Rofl, haven’t seen that video in a while, That was before all the D/D ele’s appeared and Ele’s realized like most classes, you pretty have to go bunker so you don’t die to thieves

http://www.youtube.com/user/Xsorus/videos?view=0
Natures Ninja and Pain Inverter – Ranger PvP movies
http://www.twitch.tv/xsorovos

Rework Downed State

in WvW

Posted by: Dirac.1307

Dirac.1307

I am fine with how the downed state works. I also think thieves are fine. They are great for harassing roamers in WvW, work fairly well in a small balanced team (pretty much every class does), and are somewhat useless for zergs or defense. Like every other class, they have situations where they excel and situations where they are terrible. If you can’t handle a roaming thief, find a party to roam with.

HoD|The Dark Physics|The Dark Alchemy|King Moustache|[RAWR]

Rework Downed State

in WvW

Posted by: Geiir.7603

Geiir.7603

Thieves are fine.

You have a really wrong idea of the thief. Pressing #2 a lot. Well, if that work on anybody then it’s a serious l2p issue…. I have yet to die to a HS spamming thief.

Thieves have a really bad reputation (we are thieves after all, right?) on almost every single side of the game. People claim that we are useless in dungeons and that we just die all the time. They say we can’t contribute to any zerg or small groups in WvW and that we can’t do kitten in sPvP. Well guess what, you’re all wrong!

Dungeons/PvE: We can dish out crazy amounts of damage and at the same time stay alive. We can evade, blind, stealth and shadow step – a lot. On top of this we have access to all combo finishers in the game, AoE stealth and some crowd control. We can permanently lock down a boss with basilisk venom, steal (traited), head shot, infiltrator strike and pistol whip. We can completely lock down any ranged opponent while we’re blinding all melee opponents. We are masters of reviving and rallying our self – alone.

WvW: Again, every single combo finisher in the game! We can AoE damage, weaken, poison and bleed our enemy. We are masters of scouting, cutting off supply lines and reinforcements. We also have the ability to assassinate the enemy commander or any ranged damage dealers. We have the ability to mass stealth and revive our allies. A well coordinated group can lock down an enemy zerg with basilisk venom and venom sharing.

sPvP: We are not the strongest profession here, but we are far from useless. We are excellent far-point assaulters and roamers. We have the highest mobility and high survivability. This means that we can run alone and harass the enemy and quickly get back to our allies if they need assistance.

People say that we are useless and OP, yet I disagree on both points. The only thing that need a fix is revealed, not getting revealed on block, black powder + HS combo and the S/D evade build.. The most fun part is that thieves are not wanted for dungeons. People tend to be negative when they see my thief, until I later prove them wrong by saving their kitten later on in the dungeon and really use all my available traits and skills to the fullest. It’s fun to do, and we can do it in zerker gear

Melder – Thief

Rework Downed State

in WvW

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

Thieves are fine.

Do you actually play the game? It sure doesn’t seem like it. If so, don’t feel bad. Once you level up a bit you’ll actually be happy to see any thief that spams 2. They are easy to kill.

Rework Downed State

in WvW

Obscure One.4357

You have a really wrong idea of the thief. Pressing #2 a lot. Well, if that work on anybody then it’s a serious l2p issue…. I have yet to die to a HS spamming thief.

How about I guest over to your server, we jump in sPvP, and I can be your first? I promise to be gentle

Do you actually play the game? It sure doesn’t seem like it. If so, don’t feel bad. Once you level up a bit you’ll actually be happy to see any thief that spams 2. They are easy to kill.

Oh wise one your words of wisdom are truly overpowering, I’ll be sure to send you a thank you letter when I finish QQing. Obviously a 450 ranged leap finisher that deals more damage each time you spam it is something that is so easily countered by any and all builds, by any and all experienced players, at any and all times, that no thief would ever even consider doing that. I think you’ve turned my life around, inspired by your wise words. I’m suddenly overcome with respect and admiration for the class.

Now you’ll have to excuse me I have some excess skill and complex understanding of the game mechanics I need to flush down the toilet so I can enjoy my new found love of the Thief class.

Rework Downed State

in WvW

Posted by: Geiir.7603

Geiir.7603

How about I guest over to your server, we jump in sPvP, and I can be your first? I promise to be gentle

Oh wise one your words of wisdom are truly overpowering, I’ll be sure to send you a thank you letter when I finish QQing. Obviously a 450 ranged leap finisher that deals more damage each time you spam it is something that is so easily countered by any and all builds, by any and all experienced players, at any and all times, that no thief would ever even consider doing that. I think you’ve turned my life around, inspired by your wise words. I’m suddenly overcome with respect and admiration for the class.

Now you’ll have to excuse me I have some excess skill and complex understanding of the game mechanics I need to flush down the toilet so I can enjoy my new found love of the Thief class.

HS spamming thieves are a joy to fight, because they simply can’t win. Try spamming heartseeker on a warrior with 30k health, good luck with that. If you’re above 50% health, then HS will deal the same amount of damage as auto attack… What a powerful skill. We can spam this skill 3-4 times and that would leave you way over 50% hp if we ever did that. It’s meant as a finisher, since it will deal way more damage when you’re below 25% hp. Some use it as a gap closer, which is ok as it will only tickle you.

Melder – Thief