Rework Siege Weapon Timers/Cap

in WvW

Posted by: Zero.3871

Zero.3871

I know many karmatrainers have another opinion. But Anet really have to rework Siege Weapon Timers and Siege Cap. Atm this things support only karmatrain.

I am kittening nerved that I build some ACs and in a big range around this ACs nothing more can be build. There is a big garrison and I cannot build the deffsiege the garrison need.

you should see that enemy have many options to inc an object, on walls, gate…with catas or trebs or ramms, golems… as a defender I have to prepared against all of this options BEFORE enemy attacks, because building up deff siege while for example enemy built 10 superior catas on a wall. wall goes open before I built just 1 ac. no chance for defender. and atm I cannot build the deff to be prepared against all of this incs, so its impossible to deff with small number of players against big enemy blobs.
and enemies have with shield generator soooooooo easy option to counter ALL deff.

in my opinion it should be deff > off. because karmatrain with 50+ people have nothing to do with wvw, thats PvE and should limited in wvw.

second point is, plz increase the siege weapon timer. 1 hour is to small, you have to tap this siege too often on a day, usually all 30 minutes that you have enough time, if you get inced suddenly and have to deff another object, to come back and reset timer. a siege timer with 3 or 4 hours would be really better. atm siege despawned too fast. you often defending 1 object against enemies for more than an hour so it can happen easily that deff despawned while you are defending other objects.

Plz anet, give the defenders a chance…stop karmatrain!

in WvW

Posted by: Trajan.4953

Trajan.4953

LOL… NO.

If anything they should lower the timer and drastically lower the amount of siege allowed.

You must be from YB.

CCCP….

in WvW

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

The siege cap needs to be lowered, not increased. But that also goes for the blobs attacking structures. No group should be able to drop 3+ sup flame rams at a gate and be through it in 30 seconds. Cap that kitten Anet, 2 rams per gate max. 2 golems per gate max, each wall section will only take damage from 2 cats+trebs at a time max (ie within an X minute interval, only 2 catapults or trebs can hurt the same wall section) etc…

Siege has a place, but the cap is way too high, both for blobs taking structure and for defending structures (something like 2AC per tower, 5 per keep, 10-15 for SM. They should have to be spread out somewhat, not stacked at the gates like they currently are)

in WvW

Posted by: Cerby.1069

Cerby.1069

Ya you must be from Yb.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
See? I used a colloquialism and pop reference from teh game to deliver a point that has no logical basis. But it sounds good and agreeable and right, and it was easy to post. So it tells everyone I’m a laidback person who can’t be a troll or a tryhard and i can’t be mad or anything like that. I mean who wouldn’t side with me over the OP.
It’s the epitomy of a good internet answer.

I kill you in one gunflame, or I kill you in two.
The Tiny Yuno Sniper of Ebay [EBAY]

in WvW

Posted by: Zero.3871

Zero.3871

The siege cap needs to be lowered, not increased. But that also goes for the blobs attacking structures. No group should be able to drop 3+ sup flame rams at a gate and be through it in 30 seconds. Cap that kitten Anet, 2 rams per gate max. 2 golems per gate max, each wall section will only take damage from 2 cats+trebs at a time max (ie within an X minute interval, only 2 catapults or trebs can hurt the same wall section) etc…

Siege has a place, but the cap is way too high, both for blobs taking structure and for defending structures (something like 2AC per tower, 5 per keep, 10-15 for SM. They should have to be spread out somewhat, not stacked at the gates like they currently are)

Okay, that could be another option, if attacking blobs has not so many options,the defenders dont need so much weapons. its true, attacking blobs can build 10+ catas for 1 wall but you can only through 3 or 4 acs before cap. so you can maybe attack half of the catas but not all if attackers place the catas on a great area.