Ridiculously long queue's

in WvW

Posted by: raoul.4218

raoul.4218

Since the reset on Friday I have not been able to enter EB despite various attempts throughout the weekend. I’ve tried at different times, requeued every 15-20mins, different toons, but nothing worked. I would generally log out after 90-120 min waits, when I would run out of things to do while waiting. I fail to understand why after buying a product you are unable to actually use it. Is anyone else as frustrated with this issue as I am. And please refrain from providing the usual mindless answer of “change servers”. After being on this server for close to a year now I would rather avoid leaving my guild and friends for something that shouldn’t be such a problem. What are we going to experience once the leagues begin??? I’ve begun to notice that more and more toons are left in EB afk but running in place to avoid having to queue again. This appears to be to only solution since Anet is unable to address this issue.
I really don’t expect any answers but had to vent my frustrations at being incapable of participating in the only aspect of this game I enjoy. I tried to get an answer directly from Anet but was told to post my problem in the forum. So I guess that if I run into a problem with my car I should avoid going to the dealer and simply try to get an answer on Facebook or Twitter.

Freyja Ernouf
lvl 80 Ranger
JQ

in WvW

Posted by: Aurust.8961

Aurust.8961

Since the reset on Friday I have not been able to enter EB despite various attempts throughout the weekend. I’ve tried at different times, requeued every 15-20mins, different toons, but nothing worked. I would generally log out after 90-120 min waits, when I would run out of things to do while waiting. I fail to understand why after buying a product you are unable to actually use it. Is anyone else as frustrated with this issue as I am. And please refrain from providing the usual mindless answer of “change servers”. After being on this server for close to a year now I would rather avoid leaving my guild and friends for something that shouldn’t be such a problem. What are we going to experience once the leagues begin??? I’ve begun to notice that more and more toons are left in EB afk but running in place to avoid having to queue again. This appears to be to only solution since Anet is unable to address this issue.
I really don’t expect any answers but had to vent my frustrations at being incapable of participating in the only aspect of this game I enjoy. I tried to get an answer directly from Anet but was told to post my problem in the forum. So I guess that if I run into a problem with my car I should avoid going to the dealer and simply try to get an answer on Facebook or Twitter.

What time zone do you usually play in… just curious?

Master- [DKLT] The Darkness and The Light
JQ WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

Its free trial week.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

in WvW

Posted by: Snafu.7412

Snafu.7412

I lol’d
/15chars

in WvW

Posted by: Ostra.3927

Ostra.3927

I started on JQ… had good friends there and all my guild.

Queues were bad. guild could not play with each other… small guild of PvP players broke up or moved. I moved to Kaineng because if I just sat there and complained about the Queues without doing anything about it… i would be hypocritical.

Move to a lower tier server… that is all you can do. Blame Anet for letting free transfers exist for so long… and blame players because they want to stack for easy wins.

Please get your priorities straight Anet.
Stat increase = gear grind.
Gear grind = no money from me ever again.

in WvW

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

you are on jq and your server has gotten a lot of transfers. probably thats why u are stuck in queue for so long.

Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: Ghoulina.2976

Ghoulina.2976

On JQ, the queue for EB right after reset was 30 mins, an hour later, it was two hours and then around 11pm EST it was 30 mins again.

I’m really not seeing that much of an issue with a queue on reset for EBG, hop into a BL then queue for EBG if you’re itching for some slaughter.

Mîs: Careful what you say. The moderators are watching, and ignorance is strength.
JQ-80: Mes/Eng/Ele/Thief/Guard/Rang/Nec/War

in WvW

Posted by: Refresh.4386

Refresh.4386

come to sea of sorrows we T2 with out queue in NA times you get the best of both worlds

(edited by Refresh.4386)

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

It’s only going to get worse with the WvW achievement meta coming. Pve players will be invading the maps to complete rewards.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

in WvW

Posted by: Seiya.8190

Seiya.8190

there will be no queue when we go back to fight BG or SOR, PvEr will go back where they belong.

in WvW

Jayne.9251

Not with the shiny achievement meta mandatory for getting the reward.

in WvW

Posted by: Niim.9260

Niim.9260

Maybe your server mates shouldn’t have spent all that gold bring more people to your already over populated server. I feel bad for you, tragic really.

~ AoN ~

in WvW

Posted by: Natronix.9827

Natronix.9827

What would anet so? Increase the map cap? Lol

While theres servers needing more people, theres servers like this, with people unable to play as they like because of queues. Transfer to low tiers, get your guild involved if the queues irritate you that bad. You’d be doing everyone a favor

Commander Nachonix

in WvW

Posted by: Requiem.8769

Requiem.8769

People have emigrated to “stacked” servers, of which JQ is one, for the WvW bonuses. Tough luck, mate.

in WvW

Posted by: Monsteratic.5487

Monsteratic.5487

It took me 4hrs to get into EB last night on JQ. Not sure why, never had to wait that long for anything in my life.

in WvW

Posted by: Tim.6810

Tim.6810

go for a lower tier server and the problem is solved. Everyone hops in for easy wins and lots of kills, but the wvw experience is much better without blobbing around on full maps.

The Saint – Lvl 80 mesmer
[LOVE] Love United Officer
Ring of Fire

in WvW

Posted by: Magnetron.5823

Magnetron.5823

I understand the OP, why should he wait 3 hours while he is in that server for over a year and helped building a community made friends, and now HE need to leave?

No Anet.. No no no.. That is just wrong, and I hope you guys see that too.

There must come a system that put loyal server players infront of a Queue and pushes transferred people a place behind.

The situation how it is now is just bad.

For example someone on Vabbi does play the game casual and likes to wvw a bit for time to time, but doesn’t care about the insane large fights.. And then suddently the server gets swarmed by a 500 man guild and other guilds gonna sit in that server too…

Now that player needs to wait 2-3 hours to play 30 minutes of casual WvW? That is not fair.

Also I rememberd a dev post from before launch of GW2 with something like: " You must pick your server wisely, because you can only choose it once " no idea who said that and you can correct me if im wrong.

Just put loyal server players infront of the Queue.

Born in the Desolation. Die for Desolation.

in WvW

Ghoulina.2976

There must come a system that put loyal server players infront of a Queue and pushes transferred people a place behind.

Or you could expand that elitism and just allow people in with high wvw ranks first, and work it’s way down.

I think it would just be better all around if there was an actual timer on the queues, that way people would know how long and be able to go and do other things in the meantime.

Like EBG Queue 1 hour, Red BL Queue 17 mins, Green BL Queue 28 mins.. etc.

Mîs: Careful what you say. The moderators are watching, and ignorance is strength.

in WvW

Posted by: Kimhyuna.1035

Kimhyuna.1035

lolJQ.

/notenoughchar

Minion

in WvW

Jayne.9251

The issue with timers is that it would be hard to give an accurate reading because you can’t predict when a player is going to log out and free up a space. I’d love to have something like that, but can’t see how they could accurately do it.

in WvW

Posted by: ThaOwner.7560

ThaOwner.7560

just showing how many people that are in front of you in the queue would be an improvement

Tybstra| Everything Purple [EP] | Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: Rhaegus.8924

Rhaegus.8924

Hi Raoul.

Currently JQ is facing severly underpopulated servers. Due to this, the only place we have a rare chance of seeing an enemy player in your timezone is EB, hence why everyone and their grandmother is queued up for that place. In the same time, the 3 borderlands don’t seem to be having troubles with long queues.
You said you requeue every 15 minutes, maybe you should try to wait a bit longer, since you’re basically giving up your spot in the queue every time.
After 30mins it usually pops and you can get EB map completion done.

I hope for you and all our sakes, that Anet get their heads out of their kitten and fix these matchups so T1 only faces T1 and occasionally TC.

in WvW

Posted by: SykkoB.9465

SykkoB.9465

SO because EB is qued you r gonna make a post crying ?? you do know you have 3 other maps right ?

just be happy your on a server that has a healthy wvw pop.

SykkoB[Twl]
SOR

in WvW

Posted by: junglizm.5843

junglizm.5843

loltransferoffjqproblemsolved

twitch.tv/junglizm
Accelerant [BURN] – Fort Aspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: Genesis Notch.1905

Genesis Notch.1905

Been in EB with no issue since Friday reset. You should try to queue from Asura Gate with party members that are already in. If you can’t get any party members that are already inside, communicate more as there are plenty of people in EB (obviously).

Or perhaps, Queue God just hates you.

I am in charge of gas tanks. Tink Tink.

in WvW

Posted by: Opc.4718

Opc.4718

Transfer to AR, where we’ve never seen a queue in…30 weeks?

Kehlirixx Q | Nixx Q | Classic Bunker

in WvW

Posted by: Konrad Curze.5130

Konrad Curze.5130

/joins stacked server
/complains about queues

keepin’ it classy

in WvW

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

Vessenia/Renelle
lvl 80 Warrior / lvl 80 Ranger
JQ(WvW)

i found your problem

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

in WvW

Posted by: Deli.1302

Deli.1302

Well be prepared. It’s about to get a lot worse.

in WvW

Posted by: Avatara.1042

Queue’s? Queue’s what? What does he/she/it possess?

in WvW

Posted by: Alacrity.4312

Alacrity.4312

do some crafting, play the TP while you wait and you won’t even notice any queue

in WvW

Posted by: Actinotus.6410

Actinotus.6410

Hi Raoul.

Currently JQ is facing severly underpopulated servers.

FA and SoS (currently the #5 and #7 ranked servers) severely underpopulated?

I mean… really? What about Mag DB EB SBI Kn YB IoJ CD BP DH NSP FC AR ET HoD GoM DR and SF?

Sea of Sorrows

in WvW

Posted by: Swamurabi.7890

Swamurabi.7890

Good luck getting in when Anet drops map caps to 50 or so.

in WvW

Posted by: Meglobob.8620

Meglobob.8620

About a month or so ago I queued 8 hrs both on Saturday & Sunday, so 16 hrs+ total trying to get into EB. Neither day did I manage to get in…

I am on Seafarer’s Rest (EU), apparently some ‘clever’ folks had organised a GvG there for the weekend…some of the regular WvW players were fuming because they were not defending anything so we lost our T3 keep and all our T3 towers. Which if at least a few of the regular WvW players had been able to get in would not have happened…

in WvW

Posted by: Cinder.2056

Cinder.2056

Not anyone but Anet’s fault really, they decided on league and mass transfer happened. All the WvW match ups recently have been extremely unpleasant to play in. Population disparity is simply too huge. There are no more defense/strategy, its all a pvdoor/zergfest now.

in WvW

Posted by: Rhaegus.8924

Rhaegus.8924

Hi Raoul.

I’m sorry.

I did not realise you considered SoS to be on par population wise with JQ.
My apologies.

in WvW

Posted by: baseballguy.4865

baseballguy.4865

Good luck getting in when Anet drops map caps to 50 or so.

When is that happening?

in WvW

Posted by: Hexin.5603

Hexin.5603

Vessenia/Renelle
lvl 80 Warrior / lvl 80 Ranger
JQ(WvW)

i found your problem

+1 … lol. This man has gotten the first meta achievement.. “Know thy enemy, Know thyself”

Poor OP, you were so close too, on the tip of your tongue. You knew there was an issue, but couldn’t put your finger on it.

I think the new meta should be … minimalist the BL’s … make the super servers pay through queues.

Super server v normal server v normal server

50 get in (90 qq wtf) vs (50 on mumble with other 50… kekeke) new double teaming strategy. Death by boredom

Willing to pay for boxed expansion if you put legit GvG in the box $$

in WvW

Ghoulina.2976

Hi Raoul.

I’m sorry.

I did not realise you considered SoS to be on par population wise with JQ.
My apologies.

Someone might want to tell SoS that so they come out and play.

in WvW

Posted by: DAVYtm.7168

DAVYtm.7168

I can feel bad for players who have been on JQ for a while, but for those who transferred for the leagues; I hope your queue lasts 7 weeks.

in WvW

selan.8354

yeah jq just bought a pretty well known guild from us. so u wanna stack even more? then deal with the queues. hope anetreconsiders and puts those blob servers into 1 league so other servers can actually have fun!

[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: SleepingDragon.1596

SleepingDragon.1596

yeah jq just bought a pretty well known guild from us. so u wanna stack even more? then deal with the queues. hope anetreconsiders and puts those blob servers into 1 league so other servers can actually have fun!

Really? Which guild you referring to?

Also, the OP mentioned he retries to queue every 15-20 mins. I don’t think that helps. If anything, it makes it worst.

-S o S-

in WvW

selan.8354

Really? Which guild you referring to?

Also, the OP mentioned he retries to queue every 15-20 mins. I don’t think that helps. If anything, it makes it worst.

one of our big na guilds…dont wanna mention their name…..but this is getting out of hand.
also yeah requeueing is not a good idea as it can backfire and u are stuck for even longer

[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: Chris.3290

Chris.3290

I feel no sympathy for the bandwagoneers who are going to drool themselves to death waiting for queues to pop in Tier 1.

Everyone needs to stop going to Tier 1, this crap is out of hand and ANet is 100% complicit in creating this catastrophe.

in WvW

Posted by: styx.7294

styx.7294

I feel no sympathy for the bandwagoneers who are going to drool themselves to death waiting for queues to pop in Tier 1.

Everyone needs to stop going to Tier 1, this crap is out of hand and ANet is 100% complicit in creating this catastrophe.

well you would have a point if the OP just used his brain. Instead of him queing up for the other 3 bls that from what i been told were insta pop, he continued to QUe for EB and cried about the que.

In tier 1 you can be a noob at queuing.

Gate of Madness

in WvW

Posted by: Hexin.5603

Hexin.5603

Don’t forget … if you on voice comms and your friends who queue after you, and get in before (should laugh, but…) not my point. You may need to re log. We’ve had people queue, get blocked for a long time. Only to have others come and pop in in minutes.

Good thing TC has 0 queues in general, or a minimal 5 min wait for EBG

Willing to pay for boxed expansion if you put legit GvG in the box $$