Rifle Warrior a bit to much?

in WvW

Posted by: Carmela.8756

Carmela.8756

Is it just me or does this guys a bit to much dmg? I got crit of 20K + from one. Then they have invis and due GS good mobility.

in WvW

Posted by: Nuzt.7894

Nuzt.7894

That rifle ability has the largest telegraph and takes like 30 minutes to fire, it’s fine, dodge it.

in WvW

Posted by: Eleazar.9478

Eleazar.9478

Even better reflect it. It’s not broken look for the tells

[Snky] FC don’t worry I’m just a scrub until I’m OP

in WvW

Posted by: Taobella.6597

Taobella.6597

if it was kill shot it put a cross hair on your feet

in WvW

Posted by: Killdozer.5731

Killdozer.5731

I agree though warrior invis is over the top.

in WvW

Posted by: Fat Disgrace.4275

Fat Disgrace.4275

Yeah nerf warrior blast finisher.

Fat Disgrace (banned) Man Flu Survivor – war/The Cabbage -Thief (gunners hold / [TaG])

gw1 – healing signet/frenzy/charge

in WvW

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

yeah gunflame and killshot will hurt alot but the warrior will loose alot as well for the skill to be that deadly it it migh be to much on a bzerker with ffree adrenaline bzerkers needs a fre adjustments IMO, and killshot animation is warrior kneeling and rifles charging up, i think its a good TOP damage skill that will make player think, it has counters, on the other and Anet made rev hammer CoR just a 4sec CD, faster than the dodge recharge bar, and a aoe skill fore the skillest players.

The issue migh be that bzerker is a panzer improvement on top of another panzer :], i think the skill is ok, and is the class that should be looked at (the base values).

Still there are more nooby carring classes like hammer ReV.

CoR needs to be nerfed to single target and similiar CD to killshot, than Killshot needs a nerf.
Blocked CoR will improve damage due trait
Its a AoE high damage skills on 4sec CD and was 2sec at beggining.
Only way to avoid it is by dodging.
Each dodge needs 5 seconds to recharge.

Sorry if my english is hard to understand:}.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

(edited by Aeolus.3615)

in WvW

Posted by: Silverbolt.2301

Silverbolt.2301

That rifle ability has the largest telegraph and takes like 30 minutes to fire, it’s fine, dodge it.

0.3753s cast-time with quickness, which is readily accessible the instant you enter Berserk.

Your ‘30 minutes’ and ‘largest telegraph’ is nothing but one of the WORST exaggerations I’ve ever seen in this game.

in WvW

Posted by: Fat Disgrace.4275

Fat Disgrace.4275

Well, once in berserker mode, kill shot becomes gun flame… so yeah the cast time is reduced even before the quickness. Kill shot even with quickness still does have a telegraphed action but not 30 mins lol

Fat Disgrace (banned) Man Flu Survivor – war/The Cabbage -Thief (gunners hold / [TaG])

gw1 – healing signet/frenzy/charge

in WvW

Posted by: Miko.4158

Miko.4158

its no worse than executioner’s scythe or daredevil vault. Alot of skills are op, gunflame needs adrenaline build up and telegraphs. gunflames already been double nerfed by reducing damage and adding cast time.

in WvW

Posted by: Grebcol.5984

Grebcol.5984

With legendary gun it can be hard to see because of particle effects.

Fact: Thief backstab got heavy nervs in the past. Because dmg was so high that people got one shotted. Rifle Warrior can be crazy strong when it is accompanied be mesmer/thief due stealth or DH where he can stand into the traps. But i hate condi war much more…. xD

(edited by Grebcol.5984)

in WvW

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

People tell dodge skill that cast time is 0.3 sec, but they can’t dodge epidemic that cast time is 1 sec.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

in WvW

Posted by: Baldrick.8967

Baldrick.8967

It’s with some of these top end damage skills (and CoR, that is still a very OP brainless skill) that you realise the armor effect is broken as it doesn’t cap or mitigate damage enough and you may as well be wearing a bikini instead of 3000+ armor rating for all the good it does you.

WvW player. Doing another world completion for my next Legendary. Hater of mini-games.

in WvW

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

Duel an asura warrior and say that again.

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

in WvW

Posted by: Cerby.1069

Cerby.1069

invisi = invisibility…warriors don’t have this on their own, and the ones that do have it are using the wrong runes.

0.3753s cast-time with quickness, which is readily accessible the instant you enter Berserk.

Your ‘30 minutes’ and ‘largest telegraph’ is nothing but one of the WORST exaggerations I’ve ever seen in this game.

Its actually not much of an exaggeration. Rifle is an extremely slow windup weapon that does horrid base damage. Getting the 20k hits is a case of investing every little point possible into power and damage. Its all projectile skills as well……in wvsw i cannot tell you how many times the rifle willl fail to fire, put itself on cd, get blocked by invisible terrain, get blocked by slightly uneven terrain, fire in all manner of crazy directions etc. Its target based too….no target, no hits.

You can have 0 skill and still double dodge when you see them light up red…..dodging the killshot (90% of the time the warrior opens with it). The quickness is only 3 seconds duration, when all warriors light up from berserker mode its always a good idea to dodge regardless of the weapon.

If you just apply the: dodge when they light up red, and dodge when you see them casting….its really quite dodge-able (whetehr through evade/block/invulnerability/whatever) compared to everything else in the game.
Just go practice against a warrrior in pvp or soemthing. Once you see the tricks…..its easy to fight them.

They are nothing compared to zerker mesmer bombs lulz…..and those guys can plant those out of nowhere from stealth.

true, the tradeoff is they to jump alot of the time to avoid losing their shots to the terrain. and you cant cast while in the air….so you have to proc ur attacks and THEn jump……it can lead to alot of missed shots/casts.

And you don’t duel with gunflame….lol, ur doing it wrong if you are.

I kill you in one gunflame, or I kill you in two.
The Tiny Yuno Sniper of Ebay [EBAY]

(edited by Cerby.1069)

in WvW

Posted by: indiesicky.2874

indiesicky.2874

Agreed, KS is more like a day cast time. People just can’t describe accurately anymore…

in WvW

Posted by: Suljo.6310

Suljo.6310

Wait, what? How did the warrior get invisible again?

[BAKA]

in WvW

Posted by: Eval.2371

Eval.2371

Quickness is only applied for gunflame usually. Which I agree it makes gunflame near instant. Quickness on kill shot is still very noticeable and easily counter able.

This is a problem/complaint with asura’s in general. Every other race has noticeable animations. Due to the scale of most asura its very hard to pick up on what they are doing. If you want to do something about it submit bug reports until they give wvw standard enemy models.

[Cya] TC Roamer/Scout
I Play WvW to have fun. I don’t find it fun anymore. Therefore I don’t play.

in WvW

Posted by: Spartacus.3192

Spartacus.3192

Is it just me or does this guys a bit to much dmg? I got crit of 20K + from one. Then they have invis and due GS good mobility.

Ive played warrior since launch and Im pretty certain they don’t have invis via traits or weapons.

Your typical average gamer -
“Buff my main class, nerf everything else. "

in WvW

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

20k+ ? Yeah thats not happening unless you run naked and the warri has every possible shared boon ingame with 25+ might ontop of it and all the damage modifiers possible,then still it won’t happen.Theres no way you will get randomly hit for a 20k+ gunflame,those days are gone.So either screenshot…Or stop exaggerating.

We also do not have invisi….

(edited by Caedmon.6798)

in WvW

Posted by: Spartacus.3192

Spartacus.3192

20k+ ? Yeah thats not happening unless you run naked and the warri has every possible shared boon ingame with 25+ might ontop of it and all the damage modifiers possible,then still it won’t happen.Theres no way you will get randomly hit for a 20k+ gunflame,those days are gone.So either screenshot…Or stop exaggerating.

Well you know rule number one for QQ posts. Exaggerate to the point of ridiculousness.

Your typical average gamer -
“Buff my main class, nerf everything else. "

in WvW

Posted by: Reh.5986

Reh.5986

It’s a bit annoying in larger fights where a zerker can run full glass + max might + unblockable and then hit 5 targets at 1500 range for 18k. Personally I love blowing people up with gun flame but it’s another example of max dmg at max range + spammable + cleave that’s kind of turning fights into a joke.

in WvW

Posted by: Grebcol.5984

Grebcol.5984

18k or 20k doesn’t bother me. Like Reh says it is again some anet logic that a heavy armor class can go full range and have invul (think that was meant carmela not invis) and shot 18k into the mowl of people.

in WvW

Posted by: Pinko.2076

Pinko.2076

Warrior is strong, but they’re one of the few that can actually run glass which I think is a good thing.

I’ve played a lot of Asura gs/rifle war, and people that say it’s an easy tell are being loose with the term “easy”. I kept rifle stowed until I zerk, weapon swap to rifle. Your 3/4 second cast is now 50% faster with quickness, and you’re a short character with ideally a very ambiguous rifle skin. Also, they probably spent 1 or 2 dodgerolls just now dodging your zerk setup with your opener set, so it can be rough.

in WvW

Nuzt.7894

Well ya I suppose it is if you’re one of those bottom of the barrel players, it’s been whined about since release and always dismissed because of how easy it is to dodge. Pay attention to your opponent, if you get hit with it, then you deserve it.

For the amount of Rifle warriors running around out there … it’s really not that bad, if it was so extremely OP everyone would be running it, which they are not. There are plenty of other classes that can easily rival a warrior in 1 v 1 or small grp play.

in WvW

Posted by: roamzero.9486

roamzero.9486

It’s less of a problem with Gunflame/Killshot than it is Warrior in general being an OP and cheesy class, no matter what weapon sets you use as long as you take a mobility weapon along.

in WvW

Posted by: Silverbolt.2301

Silverbolt.2301

its no worse than executioner’s scythe or daredevil vault. Alot of skills are op, gunflame needs adrenaline build up and telegraphs. gunflames already been double nerfed by reducing damage and adding cast time.

Vault has a MASSIVE telegraph, with a pretty significant after-cast and requires skillshot; it is also unaffected by quickness. Please don’t compare the two. It makes you look like don’t know what you’re talking about.

Its actually not much of an exaggeration. Rifle is an extremely slow windup weapon that does horrid base damage. Getting the 20k hits is a case of investing every little point possible into power and damage. Its all projectile skills as well……in wvsw i cannot tell you how many times the rifle willl fail to fire, put itself on cd, get blocked by invisible terrain, get blocked by slightly uneven terrain, fire in all manner of crazy directions etc. Its target based too….no target, no hits…

Rifle’s base damage, just from auto attack can hit upwards of 5-6k.

Warrior, a class having ample access to invulnerabilities, and damage mitigation can afford to go full “glass cannon” and remain tanky.

In my recent time of playing my warrior and abusing gun flame the past month, I’ve never had a single shot blocked randomly by a terrain…unless it was an obvious LoS (like a wall).

It’s target based…meaning, it’s skill-less. It does NOT require a set-up and it most certainly does not require to be skill shotted.

An unblockable attack CANNOT be blocked, nor reflected.

Using another skill-less build from another class to justify a similar one is one of the worst arguments one can use. It makes you look terrible.

You must main and LOVE your warrior A LOT, while being incapable of playing it properly, if you’re sitting there trying to defend a skill-less build this hard.

Character height plays NO ROLE in obstructions. The heights of characters is irrelevant in that aspect. It does however play a role in the opposition being able to tell your animation because of how much harder it is to spot on a smaller character.

Please…do not comment when you do not know what you’re talking about.

http://i.imgur.com/kE9V2AP.jpg

Notice the 18.5k gunflame on 2600, almost 2700 armour. While at it, also notice the 5.2k auto attack.

18k or 20k doesn’t bother me. Like Reh says it is again some anet logic that a heavy armor class can go full range and have invul (think that was meant carmela not invis) and shot 18k into the mowl of people.

It’s just that the balance team plays favouritism and isn’t nearly as good as some people like to pretend they are.

For one, there shouldn’t even be a HP tier. Then, you get these classes with numerous access to high damage, while having numerous blocks, invulnerabilities, stabilities, and other forms of damage mitigation.

Warrior is strong, but they’re one of the few that can actually run glass which I think is a good thing….

A glass, that has countless access to damage mitigation, blocks, stabilities, invulnerabilities, and resistances isn’t a glass.

Well ya I suppose it is if you’re one of those bottom of the barrel players, it’s been whined about since release and always dismissed because of how easy it is to dodge. Pay attention to your opponent, if you get hit with it, then you deserve it…

This comment has confirmed my hunch about you. You have no idea what you’re talking about, and are one of the clowns that tries extremely hard to defend a class that you like.

It’s less of a problem with Gunflame/Killshot than it is Warrior in general being an OP and cheesy class, no matter what weapon sets you use as long as you take a mobility weapon along.

It was the same in GW1.

There’s something about certain classes that ANet’s balance team just has a massive kitten over.

If you do not play one of these classes, you should get used to poor balancing.

in WvW

Posted by: Chorazin.4107

Chorazin.4107

Yes Warrior is over the top in general, but this is in a game where Condi Chronos and bunker Druids exist. I think for WvW small scale engagements Anet doesnt particularly care how these classes perform in such a microcosm. It’s about how they perform overall.

Look at Condi Chrono, just as busted as kitten in 1v1’s as a Warrior but in the bigger scheme of WvW it’s not a big issue. He isnt going to drop some skill that will guarantee turn the tide in his zergs favour. And that is what WvW is about, large scale conflict(According to Anet).

Most changes will come from the Esports area, and Warriors are fine in sPvP. Condi Chrono’s and DH’s are the classes drawing a lot of complaints in that game mode.

Chorazin
[lion]~ riperonis
[tRex]

in WvW

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

As I’ve said, I don’t mind the damage. I mind:

- The fact that they can run triple invuln with no cast time.
- Multiple effective heals on very short cooldowns via AH.
- The fact such massive single-hit burst damage exists at long range.
- The fact this massive single-hit burst damage inflicts CC and is on a profession which allows for a sustained period of unblockable attacks.
- The fact the animation for the projectile on GF is based on character model size and has the same sprites as anyone with The Predator. A tiny Asura with a legendary skin shouldn’t have zero distinguishable tell on such massive damage.

in WvW

Posted by: Kovu.7560

Kovu.7560

I won’t be happy until I can afk, pour a cup of coffee and make a sandwich in the time it takes for a warrior to raise up their rifle. =<

~ Kovu

Charr Ranger, Necromancer, Thief
Fort Aspenwood. [CREW], [TLC], [ShW], [UNIV]

in WvW

Posted by: CrimsonNeonite.1048

CrimsonNeonite.1048

Gunflame damage got nerfed a while back, it was way more OP then, especially in zergs and gvg. It also used to hit more than once and pierce, it got nerfed at the same time as Trueshot iirc.

Scrubio
Plays completely opposite professions to his main Teef.

(edited by CrimsonNeonite.1048)

in WvW

Posted by: Cerby.1069

Cerby.1069

Rifle’s base damage, just from auto attack can hit upwards of 5-6k.

Warrior, a class having ample access to invulnerabilities, and damage mitigation can afford to go full “glass cannon” and remain tanky.

In my recent time of playing my warrior and abusing gun flame the past month, I’ve never had a single shot blocked randomly by a terrain…unless it was an obvious LoS (like a wall).

It’s target based…meaning, it’s skill-less. It does NOT require a set-up and it most certainly does not require to be skill shotted.

An unblockable attack CANNOT be blocked, nor reflected.

Using another skill-less build from another class to justify a similar one is one of the worst arguments one can use. It makes you look terrible.

You must main and LOVE your warrior A LOT, while being incapable of playing it properly, if you’re sitting there trying to defend a skill-less build this hard.

Character height plays NO ROLE in obstructions. The heights of characters is irrelevant in that aspect. It does however play a role in the opposition being able to tell your animation because of how much harder it is to spot on a smaller character.

Ohhhhhh dannnnnnnng. Its on now. You brought this on urself bro. I shall return ur forum etiquette to you ‘a la proper manner’:

1. Ummm no…..you didn’t read at all properly. A rifle’s AA, aka rifle 1, can hit upwards of 5-6k ofc if you build properly. A base warrior….. with base power values does crud damage with his rifle…..not 5-6k….(https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Fierce_Shot..i dont see no 5-6k in there do you?). The base values of the rifle itself before you factor in power and coefficients is crap….thats what I said and you tell me these values hit for 5-6k? anything will hit for 5-6k if i stack all damage values i can in the game, you are not even reading the thing you are responding too properly.

2. ample access to invulnerabilities, damage mitigation!??! What? did you not read earlier? a Gunflame getting 20k hits will have, at most, a single endure pain/berserker stance. An endure pain that lasts 4 seconds, a berserker stance that can be stripped per 3 second interval. Warrior don’t have any built-in damage mitigation. They have heals, they have invulnerabilities. They dont’ have access to protection or anything like that. You obviously no nothing about the class.

3. Well lucky you! Are you sure you were playing a warrior though? Coulda fooled me with this level of knowledge you are displaying.

4. targettting is skill-less? Sure, you try telling that to som1 fighting a zerg with a rifle. This is wvsw, not hello kitty kitten duels.

5. Yes an unblockable attack cannot be blocked or reflected……rangers have pets…..guardians can lay traps……mesmers can use portals……confusions causes more damage on skill use. Throwing in random facts isn’t gonna save ur argument.

6. “Using another skill-less build from another class to justify a similar one is one of the worst arguments one can use. It makes you look terrible.”
Are you new to HoT? By this logic, anyone using their elite is a total scrub. And I’m looking pretty darn good compared to you. OKay, thats an exaggeration: I’m looking AWESOME compared to you and ur argument so far…lets decorate this cake a bit more though…

7. “You must main and LOVE your warrior A LOT, while being incapable of playing it properly, if you’re sitting there trying to defend a skill-less build this hard.”

That hurts ma feeeelings
Why you gotta be like this? We were having a nice little discussion and you had to make it all dirty……
My skill level has nothing to do with my argument. Your skill level is apparently the cornerstone of your argument though. Your experience though has already been discredited by the number of false things you have said thus fair. So the only thing remaining is ur skill level…guess we’ll have to take ur word on that though.

I mean here I am…..offering the same face value skill level AND proper argument AND correct information and I’m the bad guy?
I mean I’m not scientist, but the salt levels of the earth where you reside must be pretty high.

I mean I’m sorry they are so problematic for you to kill. You said you spent time playing the class and yet you failed to recognize their counters. And now were here having a nice little discussion about the class, and you gotta bring ur own personal shortcomings into it…..
We don’t care about ur shortcomings! We care about logic, reason, argument. Don’t bring ur own insecurities into this, there is no need for us to see them. Stick to facts, not emotions. Emotions don’t make right bro.

I guess your just another person who can’t follow their own advice.

lulz, good talk

I kill you in one gunflame, or I kill you in two.
The Tiny Yuno Sniper of Ebay [EBAY]

(edited by Cerby.1069)

in WvW

Posted by: Zephyra.4709

Zephyra.4709

I think asking for a nerf to Gunflame is unnecessary, it’s already been nerfed in the past and taking such a weapon has it’s downsides as there are MANY reflects, invuls & dmg reduction options available in the game that reduces the load gunflame delivers. It’s a high risk option & an almost 1-trick-pony playstyle.

Not only that but extremely easy to see when a warrior enters berserk mode due to the highlighted reddish/fire aura surrounding them, you know that bullet is about to head your way. (Asura problems? Turn models all to standard/low settings, that should help).

FULL zerker stats in WvW on my gimmick gunflame warri, the only players I could literally “one shot” are people who are running squishy classes + stats like myself OR who are legit off with the fairies unaware of their surroundings in a pvp/wvw environment or got caught out/off-guard in general:

- most thieves
- most ele’s
- some mesmers
- uncommon yet other guardians (Might Signet = rip guardians)
- all defensive skills used up (no dodges left, blocks, invul skill on CD etc)

I have never been able to do upwards of 20k on players, most is probably 16k~ considering players are abundant in this meta of DMG reduction food/buffs/boons etc. The only times I’ve done 33k+ dmg are on the NPCs + group buffs from other allies.

Also, invis? Where is warri invis? Sounds OP…

Yes, gunflame can be casted almost instantly with full adren thanks to “On My Mark” → “To the Limit” heal skill → “Gunflame” from approximately 1.2k range away OR if you are already in combat, 1.5k range. This in it’s own right is perhaps the ONLY gripe I have against the build as many players won’t expect you to swap to rifle once engaged. Good players will learn from that mistake and remember you for next time, if there is a next time & be prepared.

At the end of the day I may be able to down/kill a lot of players, but because of this very tunnel vision/pigeon holed build I also die a lot, and I die to better players than myself because they know how to counter gunflame warri & adjusted their own playstyle to counter mine.

I know these tips aren’t that amazing but from my experiences:

If no Might Signet:

- blinds, blocks, reflects, projectile absorb, dodge, evade skills, dmg to healing conversion (Glint Herald, Defiant Stance to name a few)

With Might Signet:

- bait out their hits (smart evades), know that most warri’s usually carry stances so immunity to condi dmg + physical dmg for short durations, use terrain to your advantage via LoS objects & hills, try and land your blinds appropriately and avoid getting too close as they may try to Taunt you to set up their Gunflame. Learn their skill animations – Kill Shot & Gunflame are practically the easiest telegraphed skills in the history of the game.

in WvW

Nuzt.7894

Well ya I suppose it is if you’re one of those bottom of the barrel players, it’s been whined about since release and always dismissed because of how easy it is to dodge. Pay attention to your opponent, if you get hit with it, then you deserve it…

This comment has confirmed my hunch about you. You have no idea what you’re talking about, and are one of the clowns that tries extremely hard to defend a class that you like..

I play Guardian, sure I have a warrior, I have one of every class and multiples of some. Who doesn’t have a Warrior?
Truth hurts I guess is what this comes down to, if you were any good you would interrupt or dodge the attack. This is just another case of a below average player dying and running here to cry about x class because you were incapable of using the skill set you are given effectively.

in WvW

Posted by: Turk.5460

Turk.5460

I guess your just another person who can’t follow their own advice.

lulz, good talk

None of your arguments even come close to being as coherent and agreeable as the other guy. In the game of “who looks like they know what they’re talking about” you are losing…hard. I want that minute of my life back I spent deciphering your post.

-Fort Aspenwood- [UNIV] [TLC] [ShW]
-Sorrow’s Furnace-

in WvW

Posted by: The Game Slayer.7632

The Game Slayer.7632

People tell dodge skill that cast time is 0.3 sec, but they can’t dodge epidemic that cast time is 1 sec.

Apples and oranges for sure. Epidemic is far less noticeable than a warrior in berserk mode shooting gunflame.

I am a teef
:)

in WvW

Posted by: JDjitsu.7895

JDjitsu.7895

Well you know rule number one for QQ posts. Exaggerate to the point of ridiculousness.

No doubt. It instantly makes me not take that person’s argument serious.

With Berserker Armor and Marauder weapons and Trinkets I can’t get anything remotely close to 20k from a Gun flame anymore. With Killshot I can get 12-15k, but those rarely land due to it being very telegraphed. That makes it dangerous to use against good players on certain professions. Imo rifle is more a gimmick to pull out once and a while. You have to give up WAY to much to give it real killing power. I might use it more if it pierced still.

Wiggin/LittleEnder/XeroCool/Filthydirtyrotten/MizDemeanor/EnderThaXenocide/ShadowOfWiggin-
Maguuma & A Few alts on other NA/EU servers

in WvW

Posted by: Pinko.2076

Pinko.2076

if you look at all warrior 1v1 matchups rifle might overall be worse, but in certain 1v1’s is far better

I think in group roaming tho, rifle is pretty sick. Honestly 99% of the Rifle or Not Rifle is if you’re kittened giving up shield, and having support makes the choice not as hard.