Welcome back Blacktide.

Lets all have fun this week.
~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~

Colourseliteuk [CEUK]

Ring of Fire ~ Whiteside Ridge ~ Blacktide

in WvW

Posted by: Talon Silverhawk.5964

Talon Silverhawk.5964

Is it me or do Blacktide have a lot more players then they use to have. That’s all I seen from reset and now today. Not see a lot of WSR and I know they got players.

Colourseliteuk [CEUK]

in WvW

Posted by: Gwalchgwn.1659

Gwalchgwn.1659

WSR was “zerging” around on their own borderland when I was playing
Zerging was between quotation marks because it was just a relatively big group compared to my 5-man party

Ring of Fire
GL – “The Afternoon’s Watch” [OATH]

in WvW

Posted by: kabeo.9638

kabeo.9638

It may look like there is a lot more of us, it is result of last week where we were dominating in lowest tier. I expect many of those people to leave wvwvw when things wont be that easy.
Still I hope that im wrong.

Certain Death – Thief / Storm Psyche – Elementalist / Xavi Na Shezbaernon ~ Necromancer
Leader and only member of Zero Abilities [zero] @Blacktide

in WvW

Posted by: Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

The lack of orange swords is going to make this a very different game from last week. I’m not really happy about paying for upgrades just to see them evaporate over night.

My posts are facts as I know them, or my own opinion, and do not represent any guild.

in WvW

Posted by: Krosan.2890

Krosan.2890

Pain Intended [PI] had an enjoyable reset last night fighting on both our own borderlands and WSR borders. Thanks for the fights, looks like this matchup will be one of the more balanced ones we had in months.

in WvW

Posted by: Wenissa.2967

Wenissa.2967

Gotta say, last night’s reset was the best in ages, so much so that when I decided to go to bed, I actually logged off 3 hours later!

Had blast on all the maps. Hope this keeps up all week.

in WvW

Posted by: Demonbox.4703

Demonbox.4703

Have to say nice balanced reset and saturday so far!
Also nice try on reset on our (RoF) garrison, i arrived to late at hills to stop your “sneaky” golem, but garrison was a different story, is Warp’s “property” ;P
All in all had lot of fun so that when i went to sleep was… 6am!

Hope the fights will stay like this, have fun everyone!

Lidia Stoneheim [Warp]
Ring of Fire

(edited by Demonbox.4703)

in WvW

Posted by: Warhorde.9138

Warhorde.9138

Thrilling and amazing fights happening all round, also have seen this reset very balanced. Keep up the good fight and have fun all.

in WvW

Posted by: Demonbox.4703

Demonbox.4703

Thanks WSR for the fights on your BL tonight!
You bumped us off your hills, and we managed to take your garrison, yes the sneaky way, but ehi we’r a small guild;

Keep the good fight flowing!

Lidia Stoneheim [Warp]
Ring of Fire

in WvW

Posted by: skwas.9873

skwas.9873

Nothing balanced about 520-155-20. All WSR can do is run after the facts, RoF everywhere to be found in huge numbers. The only way we are able to hold on to the remaining upgraded keeps is because we are expecting attacks from everywhere and are constantly chasing RoF around the map. We pull some reinforcements from EB or border where needed, but overall it’s the same odd 20 man WSR-group that is there to push you out.

Just fyi, I run one of the bigger wvw guilds on WSR, and we only had 10 people earlier on, and the past 2 hours I ran with 4 guild-mates…

Not to say I don’t enjoy the fights, it’s better then t9 and we get plenty of loot from you, but it would be alot better if the player numbers were on par.

skwas aka Corwann – Warrior/Guardian
[CC] Crimson Conspiracy
Gunnar’s Hold

(edited by skwas.9873)

in WvW

Posted by: Korsbaek.9803

Korsbaek.9803

to be honost i think that RoF has the highst number off players when we hit our prime time, tho outside prime time there are alot of good fights in my oppinion

Commander Korsbaek lvl 80 Guardian
Ayano Yagami lvl 80 ele

in WvW

Posted by: Darkstorn.5423

Darkstorn.5423

Main thing is that during prime time and right after that yes RoF has an obvious advantage in numbers and we push it to get some points. But for at least half the day (2:00 GMT to about 14:00 GMT) the fights are at best even, at worst whiteside has the number advantage.
For example i was stuck defending RoF Bay (today at 3:30 GMT) with a total of 5 people vs 15-17 of whiteside invaders in our borderland. It took us 2 hours of defending like crazy before those Whiteside mates decided to go on another map to try their luck there.
I am just happy you don’t seem to have not even 1 adequate commander during those hours so we can actually keep the top north part of our borderland.

in WvW

Darkstorn.5423

Same thing with Blacktide. Earlier tonight they had all of their border + south towers at Whiteside border + 2/3rds of EB (everything exept green part of the map + SM) and we could barely stop them from running and destroying our upgraded towers (wildcreek and klovan)
While RoF is strong during peak time those night teams the other 2 servers have are keeping the score from inflating.

in WvW

Posted by: Ventus.9483

Ventus.9483

it would be a lot better if the player numbers were on par.

I cordially disagree We need a bit of a number disadvantage to keep it interesting for us. 1.5-1 or 2-1 outnumbered seems fair given the previous weeks experiences. If its 1-1 its too easy in a straight fight!

The scores are definitely skewed, but that’s the nature of wvw. If we hadn’t lost four guilds with around 100 active wvw’rs before the free transfer closing we’d probably be plenty more competitive. Right now RoF need to lose about 2-3 active wvw guilds to come down to us and BT ;> any volunteers? haha

[TEO] Cloaa
Whiteside Ridge
I’m in your zerg, cleaving it hard

in WvW

skwas.9873

Shut up Cloaaa :p

[CC] Crimson Conspiracy
Gunnar’s Hold

in WvW

Posted by: Ripkord.7025

Ripkord.7025

Well Rof lose about 2-3 guilds before the transferring change. For our bad luck it came exactly after 4 weeks out-manned by Gunnars hold and a lot of people give up from Rof. And if u think that we are with a huge number – go to T7.
Anyway there are a lot of good BT and WsR players and I enjoy those weeks. Thanks to all RoF, BT and WsR for the fun and be nice it looks like we will be stuck together for many weeks

Zloby, a nice necro from Ring of Fire

in WvW

Posted by: Fror.2163

Fror.2163

Short answer: we don’t.

Long answer: we would be taking it for ourselves.

Frór (yes, with the accent!)

in WvW

Posted by: Divus.3175

Divus.3175

Just got tower taken by Ring of Fire server, on Ring of Fire, by mesmer’s portal + zerg.
That was guild with PI shortcut. Not cool.

[KING] Desolation – Pikan Parom (engineer), Grace Parom (ele)

(edited by Divus.3175)

in WvW

Krosan.2890

I don’t get your point Divus? We had a mesmer hiding and he portalled us in the tower, I can imagine your not happy about losing it but not sure what your trying to imply…

in WvW

Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

That’s how a mesmer is supposed to be played. Portals and Time Warp. Fun, fun, fun.

My posts are facts as I know them, or my own opinion, and do not represent any guild.

in WvW

Fror.2163

510-110-75.

Wow, it’s indeed balanced in the end of prime time. Oh yeah, we beat you and take 1 keep at 4AM while you have still 9. Yeah, “balanced”. :-)

Understand me well: I like fighting you; just don’t say it’s balanced

(edited by Fror.2163)

in WvW

Posted by: Zeal.1376

Zeal.1376

If our punk kitten dragon farmers would WvW in between dragons, than this tier would be super nice. Like Friday & Saturday were amazing. Then they all go afk farming dragon mode. Sad to tell you I have more lag at Behemoth than at SM Castle. But I guess that’s WSR. We have more people in Lions Arch waving their legendaries around then actual people in WvW.

We have the numbers, just not the presence of those numbers in WvW. Btw ICON, Ty for having so much cannon fodder <3

We Be Husslin/ Im A Husslah Baby/ El Husslar/ – We Be Chilling –

in WvW

Darkstorn.5423

Yea ICON has had a few new PvErs joining the guild and at some times i am just facepalming myself saying WHY DID YOU GO THERE??? (and got pwned by 5-10 people waiting for you) stay with your commander!!!
But it all works out as we took the time to make an event showing WvW aspects of the game to totally new players and it helped bringing a biiiiiit more in WvW. So it all will work out eventually

in WvW

Darkstorn.5423

And to prove my point about night teams.
Right now at 9:24 GMT the scores are:
RoF: +205
Whiteside: +145
Blacktide: +345
Blacktide has all of EB exept RoF keep and 2 towers

(edited by Darkstorn.5423)

in WvW

Ventus.9483

We’ve got a lot of people on WSR with that commanders tag, you just have to goto LA to see them all there’s no ‘progression’ in WvW (don’t ask me what that tiered ladder of servers is for guys, I think they mean there are less shiny lewts).

Echoing We Be Husslin, ICON are a walking swarm of loot bags. 2.5g an evening, 1000kills a night, 100 badges+. I’m in love with them. WvW has never been this profitable!

We had to give up almost everything yesterday to try defend the border. 2 huge groups of BT on both sides of the map, then a huge group of RoF which didn’t seem to go away, but I never have more fun than when I’m beating up 30 people with a 10man group continually for a whole evening

[TEO] Cloaa
Whiteside Ridge

in WvW

Posted by: Darkkist.5412

Darkkist.5412

“beating up 30 people with a 10 man group” hmm hiding behind siege weapons and how many arrow carts.. When we ran back to bridge before hills and you came down we very quickly pushed right through you. I am not knocking your spirit and desire to defend your borders but wasn’t a 10 v 30 fight :P

Don’t get me wrong TEO are a good outfit and I think wasted on WSR wish you guys fancied to make a bit of a go at things – ROF is close to going up a tier and well I for one would love to work alongside you rather then against

Darkkist – 80 Elementalist
Guild leader of Furious Rising
Ring of Fire

in WvW

Ventus.9483

Ahh Hills south gate was an experiment with some different tactics They don’t always work 100% at first With the safety net of the masses of siege defence we’d setup at Hills we could afford to experiment, make mistakes and overstretch. Yours wasn’t one of the ‘30 man’ groups we particularly laid waste to or that I was referring to, we were just stopping any attempts at hills there, and we had pugs with us too

There were a huge number of large zergs around though yesterday night. We walked through a few groups of BT and a few big RoF groups along the way, and we had a few funny wipes when not paying attention or taking on waaaaay too many (I blame the suicidal Guardian).

[TEO] Cloaa
Whiteside Ridge

in WvW

skwas.9873

South of hills was a different group iirc it was PI, with ICON stragglers and others, at least the first time. This is when we tried some different combo’s in our small push towards the bridge and it didn’t really work out that well.

The main ICON/TaG group as well as a big BT force did cause quite some trouble throughout the map and we had to constantly move to intercept. We can’t always win at 1:2 or 1:3 odds (just referring to our little TEO outfit, sometimes the fights were more balanced) so we wiped a few times ourselfs, but we got alot of practice and won more encounters then we lost. In the end we did lose alot of our upgrades, but glad we held at least two keeps until I logged.

Good times, keep the fights going.

[CC] Crimson Conspiracy
Gunnar’s Hold

in WvW

Posted by: Darkkist.5412

Darkkist.5412

We hit hills at 7pm GMT Skwas – ICON dont start till much later so you probably missed some of the action at hills earlier in the night

Darkkist – 80 Elementalist
Guild leader of Furious Rising
Ring of Fire

in WvW

Krosan.2890

Its quite amusing to see this level of arrogance coming from a tier 8 server, Whiteside. Quite surprised we still have people with a huge god complex coming on here talking about loot bags and acting cool, I was hoping we lost most of them to the higher tiers.

in WvW

Ventus.9483

Oooh I was at Bay on a big fat Norn engie from 6-7 too so I think I missed that action

[TEO] Cloaa
Whiteside Ridge

in WvW

Posted by: ikiturso.4026

ikiturso.4026

Been amazing fight so far. RoF is too much for WSR but we hanging on 2nd spot. WSR seems slowly get some new players (i mean new to gw2). So alot to practise still.. Anyone else having problems to connect to servers? ROF blockin connections :P ?

in WvW

Fror.2163

@Krosan: … says the guy who said the matches will be balanced this week.

And about that, when we were in T9, TEO took the time to train and optimize several moves and strategies. We used some of those on you and it worked while being outnumbered 2:1. So can’t we state that without being said that we “have a huge god complex”?

It looks to me that you’re getting a bitter taste in your victory by seeing us being happy at what we do. I most certainly hope I’m wrong.

in WvW

Krosan.2890

I said one of the more balanced matches in the last months and it actually is…

All the credit to you guys for working on your server and on your guild, but seeing guys coming on here saying they got 1000+ kills and how easy it all was bragging about imaginary huge amounts of loot you got and acting all superior makes me wonder.
Don’t really get the bitter taste remark, if your going to claim targetting specific guilds saying how easy loot they are etc as “being happy with the tactics” then I guess your right.

in WvW

Posted by: Evonet.1632

Evonet.1632

It looks to me that you’re getting a bitter taste in your victory by seeing us being happy at what we do. I most certainly hope I’m wrong.

Actually, it’s your boy who’s making feeble troll attempts, going all “ah! we loosin but you give us loots”.
Quite honestly, getting loots when all I see is you guys sitting inside your own BL keeps isn’t that hard. I also pretty much broke my loot record this week from you guys, but bragging about it is silly, since the goal of WvW isn’t to get loots, otherwise, we’d all be running d/d’s, shatter mesmers and glass canon thieves, and being horrible at anything that isn’t killing an opponent.
As for those great 2:1 tactics… still to be seen. Let us know when you start using them so we can learn a bit as well.

in WvW

Posted by: ikiturso.4026

ikiturso.4026

Heat is on! Let me in Anet!! FIIGHT!!

in WvW

Ventus.9483

Its quite amusing to see this level of arrogance coming from a tier 8 server, Whiteside. Quite surprised we still have people with a huge god complex coming on here talking about loot bags and acting cool, I was hoping we lost most of them to the higher tiers.

As Fror said, we did a lot of work in tier9 as a guild, and by no means are anywhere near a finished article, we always hold our hands up and accept our mistakes and learn from them mostly… Lots of learning the hard way at times, and we usually have a good laugh about the real bloopers

I was simply sharing with you my quite remarkable gaming experience from the past two weeks I’ve been literally showered with loot bags, without trying to sound ‘cool’. I’m not sure how cool a bag containing 3mithril ore and 4leather is tbh, but it has been very cool dismantling these far larger groups of players with a relatively small team, with no arrogance intended of course, hard work achieving spectacular results is its own reward

Just because you’re in tier 8 doesn’t mean you have an excuse to play poorly

[TEO] Cloaa
Whiteside Ridge

in WvW

Krosan.2890

Not sure what matchup you have been playing but its not like we haven’t whiped TEO on daily basis. What I try to point out by this is that its not like your guild doesn’t get whiped, the difference is when we wipe a guild we will be happy with it but we don’t feel the need to come on here talking about how good we are because we wiped a guild a couple of times. But I’m looking forward to seeing these superior 2v1 tactics in action because all I was seeing yesterday was your entire server defending hills with 30 arrow carts because you had lost everything else.
And the reason your getting more loot is because that was updated two weeks ago, has very little to do with your playstyle as everyone is getting more bags these days…

(edited by Krosan.2890)

in WvW

Fror.2163

Yes, 1000 is a lot, but if you knew how Ventus (Cloaaa) plays and how the death attribution mechanism works, you’d understand that it is feasible on a night basis (not in 1-2h).

I know how Cloaaa plays. I could play the same (maybe not as well as he does, though), but personal tastes come in and I prefer the way I play while still knowing I’ll get much less rewards out of it and I face death much more often.

Read the higher tiers where guys steamroll and gain 150+ badges in 1-2 hours. It’s clearly feasible to take those numbers and extrapolate to T8 by reducing the amount of badges and increasing the number of hours.

in WvW

Ventus.9483

but seeing guys coming on here saying they got 1000+ kills and how easy it all was bragging about imaginary huge amounts of loot you got

The actual figure since we went upto tier8 again for me personally, is 4,200 kills I had 6000 at the end of our tier 9 stint 10,200 currently. I do WvW quite actively though.

Huge amounts of loot is typically 10 loot bags per zerg if we’re successful in dismantling it. I make around 2.5g a night after repairs, which I plum back into the trade post. As a gold indicator, I have gone from around 10g to 41g since we went upto tier8, and spent around 10g on jewellery crafted in that time too

I also spend 800 badges on 2 invaders weapons, completed my gift of battle at 500 badges, and I am currently making around 100 badges per evening.

I’m not pulling random figures out of thin air for you so I look cool o.O We literally are having a boon period right now

[TEO] Cloaa
Whiteside Ridge

in WvW

Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

I’ve broken my loot record this week too, and it’s only Tuesday. Ok, the new drop rate is a big part of that but the sudden treb/cata raid on SM yesterday made me badge rich. I got more badges back in that one push than I usually spend on a week’s worth of siege, and don’t get me started on the RoF take back on EB this morning. That was just plain fun!

As one guy said in map chat later, “oh my poor F key…”.

We need to start recruiting though. The RoF matchup for next week is looking like a long hard match. Surmia is obviously bagging their match this week because they don’t like “being picked on”.

(edited by Herr der Friedhoefe.2490)

in WvW

Ventus.9483

We need to start recruiting though. The RoF matchup for next week is looking like a long hard match. Surmia is obviously bagging their match this week because they don’t like “being picked on”.

No doubt t7 will stretch your resources defensively more than tier8 ever will Just have to really engage the PvE population and be more controlled. Surmia have tanked for a few weeks now, so you’ve got every chance of cementing a position in tier7 with enough work

[TEO] Cloaa
Whiteside Ridge

in WvW

skwas.9873

We hit hills at 7pm GMT Skwas – ICON dont start till much later so you probably missed some of the action at hills earlier in the night

My bad, I was there, I just remembered seeing PI in the area too, but yeah FR :p

Anyways, I don’t think it was fair for some (of my) people to specifically aim at specific guilds with regards to the loot bag statements, but the reality is it ‘did’ happen and so they are a bit overexcited ;] The explanation was already given as well, if a server wins, alot of PvE’rs hop on, and so when we ran into bigger groups of said guilds, we did faceroll them in a few cases. I also remember a few nights ago bumping into a more organized (and smaller) ICON group at Stargrove and they nailed us hard :p (kitten thief scout that saw us)

RoF has quite a few more organized and bigger guilds roaming all of the borders/EB compared to WSR, I wish we had a few more active 10-20 man guilds. The scores simply reflect the difference in strength and wvw population, and TEO definately also contributed to filling your bags up with loot in some cases :p

[CC] Crimson Conspiracy
Gunnar’s Hold

(edited by skwas.9873)

in WvW

Posted by: Hule.8794

Hule.8794

Is underwater combat for warrior somehow bugged?
Today on WSR we fight some warrior from WAR guild, we managed to down him for 4 or 5 times. But he just ressed by mobs there. But if I remember correctly, ressing from down will give you yellow penalty, second time you get red penalty and third time you are dead and not going to down.
So how he managed to ress from 4-5 times down? Only one time he rallied, i was looking on his buff bar.
When we got finally get him out of water, he was down almost instantly. Second time he was down too because there were no mobs he can ress at.
Is ressing through mobs not giving penalty?

And of course nice fights today. I loved that BT zerg comming to hills on our BL just to find we took it in that minute. And we wiped them.
Very good fights.
WSR – why cant you leave us greenbriar on your BL? And why you took 30 zerg onm our 10 man strike unit? You wiped us instantly.

in WvW

Darkstorn.5423

Haha guess who was the thief scout that saw you skwas. And yes you are right we had a lot of PvE players joining in WvW while many of our PvPers are taking a break all together (and i am like why on the same time guys?) So we are a bit easier to kill, it’s true, but I am happy we are getting new players in WvW as the hardcore ones will come back eventually
And seriously Ventus, when i am leading a 10-20 man team of our experienced guildies we were smashing you in most fights but you didn’t see anyone coming on forums and saying “Omg lolol TEO is a moving bag farm”
That just doesn’t promote good playing.

(edited by Darkstorn.5423)

in WvW

Posted by: MonkeyBullet.8715

MonkeyBullet.8715

Echoing what Darkstorn said, ICON + TEO have wiped each other several times, resulting in a lot of loot for both sides, but we haven’t broadcasted it on forums. But hey, never mind.

But all in all, the only 3 WSR guilds I’ve seen making an impact were TEO, WAR and NE. And some good fights have been seen with said guilds. I think we’ll be saying goodbye only for short while unless we’re lucky enough to keep our heads above the surface in T7. We’ll see, keep it up!

Hawkeii – Guild Leader + Commander of I C O N I C [ICON]
Once a Roffy, always a Roffy

in WvW

Posted by: Ripkord.7025

Ripkord.7025

Well let TEO build their sand castles thinking they are the best. To be honest I have seen a guild with the same number of players playing x10 better than TEO. For example XT from RoS and you will have the chance to meat them next week maybe. Anyway it is cool you have so much fun guys. By the way Blacktide almost got you rating and maybe until the end of the week you will be 3rd. But it is not important of course you have your bags of loot and your server get ….. not so many bonuses :P .
And yes, Darkstone is right, I haven’t seen some of our great commanders (and soldiers) from 2 weeks, maybe they play with an alt or have some break
It looks like I’m speaking too much, so again have fun and be nice – it is a game.

Zloby, a nice necro from Ring of Fire

in WvW

skwas.9873

Calm down already lol, noone says we are teh uber guild. I already explained why some of them are a bit overexcited. TEO still has alot to learn, we have started becoming more WvW oriented only in the past 6-7 weeks of which half of the time we have been in bottom tier (not much to learn there, mostly practice vs wolfs and deers). The reason some of my crew are a bit excited is well, loot increased since the patch in itself, and we did manage some successes against guilds that in our book are strong (a compliment to them), and we do try. This tells us we are on the right track, but we are not claiming to own you all every time. Saying we got nice loot from you should be read more in general in that sense I guess…, no enemies, no loot. Tonight, a strong BT group rolled over us a good few times as well (can’t remember guild).

[CC] Crimson Conspiracy
Gunnar’s Hold

in WvW

skwas.9873

Haha guess who was the thief scout that saw you skwas.

There was that split descision moment, do we go in head on, or run around… I chose wrong (and messed up veil) :p

‘runs around corner, arf crap there they are…’

[CC] Crimson Conspiracy
Gunnar’s Hold