Ring of Fire ~ Whiteside Ridge ~ Blacktide

in WvW

Posted by: Ventus.9483

Ventus.9483

Really quiet night on WSR last night I even got to spend most of the evening on my lolalts and crafting (by crafting I mean throwing my vast fortune accrued killing RoF players into the mystic toilet).

Had some good fights with a BT guild we hadn’t seen before (SHN or something like that) more mesmers than you can shake a stick at, and awesome portalbombing. Took some stern helmsmanship from De heer Skwas to stop us surrendering badges like a loot pinata But we got them a few times when the team did what he said.

WSR always did have a way of ruffling RoF’s feathers, and I didn’t insist TEO were the best, or didn’t have failures, you just assumed we were, so thanks for the great praise of our little outfit guys, it makes us proud. We know we’re well beaten in second place in the matchup, so don’t worry too much

[TEO] Cloaa
Whiteside Ridge
I’m in your zerg, cleaving it hard

in WvW

Posted by: Talon Silverhawk.5964

Talon Silverhawk.5964

Looking at how it stands come reset. Both whiteside and blacktide will be facing Ruins of Surmia.
Ruins of Surmia have a lot more players then Ring of fire by about 50% or more and they where able to cover times that ring of fire where not on.
This could mean your have a lot of good battles or playing cards in Lion Arch as there wont be a lot you can do to save the map.
They will sure own all EB and there own BL.

Don’t worry as we at Ring of fire will have a lot of work to do in the tier above you. Will be fighting Dzagonur and Abaddon’s Mouth.

Dzagonur the server who use to only fight Ring of fire and not worry about what the own. As for Abaddon’s Mouth they drop 2 ranks and I dont know much about them other then they did lose a lot of guilds at some point.

That is if all above stay as it is but that can easy change.

Colourseliteuk [CEUK]

in WvW

Posted by: Okaishi.8320

Okaishi.8320

I think RoF has more numbers now than RoS actually, as a few major guilds have left them. So tier 8 might become fairly balanced, but only time will tell.

Member of TUP on Gandara

in WvW

Ventus.9483

You don’t tank points that hard in a bracket for no reason. I have fond memories of RoS from the early days of GW2 when we were grouped up with them and shiverpeaks.

I’m sure they’ll be stronger than both Blacktide and ourselves, and indeed if they’ve had a few weeks of descending they’ll have a few more PvE players come back to WvW on a tier drop, and the sing when they’re winning crowd always return

The numbers of WSRs active WvWrs shouldn’t change much with RoS coming into t8, we’re on bare bones already in this tier. The dragonslayers got bored of hammering t9, but got bored of t8s competition so went back to beating up scripted events designed to be beaten en masse.

[TEO] Cloaa
Whiteside Ridge

in WvW

Posted by: Krosan.2890

Krosan.2890

Ros seems to have lost the guilds that wanted to make a pure WvW server since they ended up losing to UW. Guilds like XT and such jumped ship and I’ve been reading some Ros claiming their WvW population is almost back to what it was pre-bandwagon so they might be the same size or smaller than Whiteside and Blacktide.
I guess we will know by next week

in WvW

Posted by: Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

If XT and the “blacktide alliance” have left Surmia then they are doomed to fall back to the bottom tier. The people who are left there have no clue how to play defense. In these days of 24 player ninja teams constant zerging isn’t going to build a good server score.

My posts are facts as I know them, or my own opinion, and do not represent any guild.

in WvW

Posted by: pejot.4806

pejot.4806

I don’t know if whole alliance did it, but both XT and WIC left RoS for Piken Square

Anya of the Mists
[TaG] guild/raid leader
Gunnar’s Hold

in WvW

Posted by: Ripkord.7025

Ripkord.7025

Nah, one or two hard weeks and those “hardcore” players run like rabbits. I honestly don’t like such a deportment. It is so easy to go at place where everything is built and they don’t have to toil to much. I know it is a game and everyone can go wherever he wants but cheer and all guilds and players who haven’t left their servers in bad moments!

Zloby, a nice necro from Ring of Fire

in WvW

Posted by: Runty Choir.4893

Runty Choir.4893

Yea RoS are back to their normal size as their alliance guilds have split. I imagine they will be a good match for WsR now.

@Talon Silverhawk 1st off love the name Raymond Feist is a great author.
2nd Abbadons Mouth have a tier 4 weekend force. On reset night you wont know what the hell just rolled over you. Dont let this demoralize you though as their weekday force is pretty standard. They are very defensive always keeping a zerg in their border and keeping their corner of EB.
The main thing though (as we found with Drakkar this week) do not go on the German weekend force as they are insane in comparison to the rest of the week.

Hope this helps.

Alpha
Victrixx [xVx]

in WvW

Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

As far as next week goes I think we in RoF simply have to build Fortress RoF on our own borderland. The way the Glicko scoring systems works and because our server score is well below both Abbadon’s and the Dzag’s we could pick up points if we can hold our own borderland. We’re doing exactly that this week with a fairly small force. Imagine what we could do if all of our WvW players came out and played defense for a change.

I know playing defense isn’t popular among our players, and we wont win the week doing that, but we’re going to have to try some new ideas against higher tiered servers.

My posts are facts as I know them, or my own opinion, and do not represent any guild.

in WvW

Posted by: jameshenderson.6701

jameshenderson.6701

I worry that our relatively low numbers will hurt us, but I’m confident that we can keep on pace with Blacktide for the rest of the week. Been really enjoying this last week or 2 since we got promoted, despite being killed more often than not. I only started playing WvW when we were in the doldrums of T9, so my playstyle’s not exactly refined or up to scratch, but it’s a welcome change having to actually look over my shoulder from time to time because there’s no telling where a group’s gonna pop out of hiding and gank you.

in WvW

Krosan.2890

[PI] had a fun day out today, thanks for the fights on mainly BT borders and some on Rof borders. Was fun running into TEO and wiping them a few times after having read all the crap Ventus was posting. Seems like he does most of his fighting on the forums.

in WvW

Posted by: Fror.2163

Fror.2163

If you say that, you clearly haven’t seen us tonight. Sorry, but given all we did tonight (no wvw, but inside wvw), you would have seem some strange pattern, which you obviously didn’t since you don’t mention anything about it. So long

Frór (yes, with the accent!)

in WvW

Ventus.9483

teeeheeee you ran into the TEO ‘guild event’ Wish you’d ran into the second part too haha 20 people dressed all in pink slow walking through RoF borders to ASSAULT THE GARRISON with a few completely bemused pugs seeing a brand new commander telling everyone to “HURRY UP GUYS!” as we got into a giant flying V formation.

Our guild leader scrabbled together another 100g to buy a commander tag for his lvl 30 warr. I had to do the mesmer job, BADLY haha “Can I have veil down Cloa?”… Ummmmm wait eummm kitten, we’re all dead! GUYS I put a portal down, stack the other side of the bridge… “OK we’re stacked portal now”. Sorry guys, its on CD now

I don’t think I’ve heard more raucous laughter in a voice communication than last night When we arrived at garrison 20mins after setting off for it, put down two rams, and walked away from the pugs saying “BRB need to get supps GUSY!”. The gate was down by the time we got halfway to the camp, and it was 80% repaired by the time we arrived back with supplies to do a slow walk up the ramp into the canons (which obliterated us cos we couldn’t retreat away fast enough) hahahha.

Essentially we had a troll evening with naff all seriousness and judging by the 15 or so points WSR was ticking over because of it, I think it says a lot :// We needed a bit of light hearted entertainment after boring constant defending though

[TEO] Cloaa
Whiteside Ridge

in WvW

Krosan.2890

Actually when we wiped you about 10 times it was on BT borderland around 8PM gmt when you tried to take our tower multiple times. BT and Whiteside were still ticking 160+. no idea what your talking about with the garrison. We stopped playing WvW after almost everything was green since we prefer playing when its a bit more balanced.

Anyway good to hear you guys had a good time after our encounters, I hope ros will bring a balance to this tier, looks like they will be around BT and WSR’s numbers so it should be good.

in WvW

pejot.4806

I think they were talking about their attempt on RoF garrison – we got called from Blacktide BL to defend it. When we came, outer water gate was broken, but there was jsut a few WSR randoms at inner, which we wiped. Just like Ventus mentioned, we repaired outer and gave TEO some cannon and arrowcart fire when they came back :P

Btw, I really enjoyed the small fight we had in Bluevale a bit later

Anya of the Mists
[TaG] guild/raid leader
Gunnar’s Hold

in WvW

Ventus.9483

Yeah we were lolling in EBG + WSR border at the start of the evening, but since BT was hammering hard at SM north gate, our poke at Ogre was a bit pointless, so we decided to have a guild alt fest in BT border and pulled everyone online to join in

When we got there, we didn’t realise it was swamped with RoF and a decent group of BT defending, so thought we’d go with the flow and have some laughs playing in different roles The number of times we got trapped between both BT and RoF groups, or stuck between the two RoF groups was hilarious Eventually it was decided we sucked hard on alts so set off for part two of the nights lolling and headed to RoF border for pink marathons, team ICON tactic training, and a steady walk up the map to see who would come join us

Anya, that fight was epic We saw the group going in and decided to use the lord buff to our advantage, I think I pretty much stayed alive the whole time at the back of the camp periodically popping out to drown you all in confusion, killing one or two then going defensive The rest kept running back from spawn to keep it contested between deaths haha

After the long slow walk, we went home to put the serious hats back on and recap our border (SKWAS NEED EXP).

[TEO] Cloaa
Whiteside Ridge

in WvW

pejot.4806

I knew exactly that lord had buff :P so I was holding everyone back from it until it expired ^^ ofc some didn’t listen – me and my guildees were waiting above the south camp entrance for the buff to expire.

And it was us doing the trapping in Blacktide BL as well :P. You were engaging PI couple times and while you were busy fighting them, we moved round you and portalled at your backs like 2 or 3 times

Also, to Blacktide [IX] guild – you did hit us hard couple of times yesterday, well played. Too bad that you disappeared after we came back to Blacktide BL when we sorted out RoF garri ninja attempt and your border got painted green… We finished our event then, it was no piont when we were ticking +515 :/

Anya of the Mists
[TaG] guild/raid leader
Gunnar’s Hold

(edited by pejot.4806)

in WvW

Posted by: skwas.9873

skwas.9873

Yes I died alot last night on my pink level 36 sylvari warrior in level 24 gear randomly mashing buttons :p

Hope Spud gets the video up soon :]

skwas aka Corwann – Warrior/Guardian
[CC] Crimson Conspiracy
Gunnar’s Hold

(edited by skwas.9873)

in WvW

Ventus.9483

Yep I was meant to be providing the exit strategy in BT border, buttttt neither null field, feedback, or decoy really helped everyone survive XD I did see the wipes coming a mile off though “Guys, portal inc back”, “Ok guys res and lets go again”. “Guys, flanked right”, “Ok guys res and lets go again”. Shambolic but fun. I can’t make my mind up about the glamour build.

Wish we’d pulled off the Garr takedown though the whole slow episode was on fraps, and it would have been comedy gold given the 20minute team re-supply

‘Humiliation’ pink were the TEO team colours last night by the way

[TEO] Cloaa
Whiteside Ridge

in WvW

Posted by: MonkeyBullet.8715

MonkeyBullet.8715

Apologies to the TEO commander/leader I tea bagged yesterday in white side keep on EB. I just spotted you were attacking it and managed to zerg you at keep lord just n time. saw u were low of guildies, mainly relying on randoms, but then again, so were we! Was more of a hello from ICON if anything :P

Was a good night night for us and we ended up claiming 95% of EB whilst upgrading our territory to the max.

Hawkeii – Guild Leader + Commander of I C O N I C [ICON]
Once a Roffy, always a Roffy

in WvW

skwas.9873

I don’t recall us being at valley keep lord at any point in time :x Might have been Karouim, a pug leader mostly. I’ll forward the apologies ;]

All in good fun and all with a wink guys ;]

[CC] Crimson Conspiracy
Gunnar’s Hold

in WvW

Posted by: DutchError.7039

DutchError.7039

Thanks for the fun evening in WSR BL to both RoF and Blacktide. Our small zerg did quite well defending Hills against RoF and later Garrison against Blacktide.

Too bad the [CRIO](?) guild from RoF came back for revenge with a bigger zerg with more randoms later. I tried to use the same tactic as before, but unfortunately we had less people defending than earlier, so you could just walk over us. :P

Fun times for my second time commanding and first time defending as commander.

Derp

in WvW

Posted by: MonkeyBullet.8715

MonkeyBullet.8715

Hmm well, it was an Asura from TEO with a commander tag :P

Hawkeii – Guild Leader + Commander of I C O N I C [ICON]
Once a Roffy, always a Roffy

in WvW

Posted by: Kodel.4871

Kodel.4871

Can someone check into a WSR level 80 ranger with FLKR guild tag that’s been botting/hacking on the quaggens in RoF BL next to hills for the past 4 hours please. I have about 5 minutes of fraps footage of me killing him with no retaliation having another 2 or 3 chars next to him ressing himself then me killing those also then all of them reappearing instantly back at the site to continue botting on the krait there.

Ceda Bloodeye – Ranger
Trullsengar – Elementalist
Arapay – Mesmer, Guild Leader RCG / Ring of Fire

in WvW

Posted by: Hule.8794

Hule.8794

Really nice fights this week. Thanks all for it. And I wish both BT and WSR best luck and send those RoS down.

in WvW

Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Can someone check into a WSR level 80 ranger with FLKR guild tag that’s been botting/hacking on the quaggens in RoF BL next to hills for the past 4 hours please. I have about 5 minutes of fraps footage of me killing him with no retaliation having another 2 or 3 chars next to him ressing himself then me killing those also then all of them reappearing instantly back at the site to continue botting on the krait there.

We spent a couple of hours killing (badge farming) those guys yesterday, and they were reported several times. They’re back again today. Oh well…

in WvW

Ventus.9483

Hmm well, it was an Asura from TEO with a commander tag :P

That’s Karouim Our petit ingénieur from Canada. He regularly braves leading the pugs against the odds. His char is almost like a kittenroach for its indestructibility, I have actually seen him survive a nuclear blast He probably deserved the tea bag

Loved the SM fight yesterday evening It was quite awesome

Good luck in tier 7 RoF!

[TEO] Cloaa
Whiteside Ridge

in WvW

skwas.9873

Unfamiliar with that guildtag. If it’s bots then nothing much more we can do either, except for reporting so Anet can sort them out.

Thanks for a fun week BT and RoF.

o7

[CC] Crimson Conspiracy
Gunnar’s Hold

in WvW

Posted by: Ray.2640

Ray.2640

I wish ROF the best of luck against millers and dzagonur next week. Dzagonur used the excuse of having lag in green and blue borderlands to only come into the red one, something with an IS kitten ue (i. s. p. i.s.s.u.e wtf anet?) in germany, and seeing you’ll be red next week and there are 2 german servers I hope you prepared enough defenses.

in WvW

Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Yeah, we’re looking forward to being the baloney in this sandwich, but we’re prepared for it. We’ve had a couple of good discussions between WvW guild leadership type and we have a plan. Let’s see if it survives contact with the enemy.

in WvW

Posted by: Demonbox.4703

Demonbox.4703

Well thanks WSR and BT for the fun week, and gl with the next match!

Lidia Stoneheim [Warp]
Ring of Fire

in WvW

Krosan.2890

Indeed it was a nice week overall and I’m happy both BT and WSR will be getting a more balanced match up. Unsure what our next match up will bring us but we will see.

in WvW

Posted by: ikiturso.4026

ikiturso.4026

WSR suffers again from gloryhunting.. (maybe all aservers same thing) When things go well main guilds get alot support but when not it’s basically same ol same WvW players trying to hold on. Rof was clear 1, BT took 2nd quite easy in the end and wsr ran out of gas in wednesday. I saw some new faces in WvW.. hopefully see them again. WSR really needs another TEO size guild + 2WAR sizes to competite tier 7…