Ring of Fire vs Dzag vs Miller's

in WvW

Posted by: Krosan.2890

Krosan.2890

Well we just got blitzkrieged by both german servers having 30-40 people attacking our keeps, Miller’s didn’t even use siege to get in the gates they just spammed 1 and melted it anyway….

I hope they will actually be fighting eachother aswell, good luck to all servers.

in WvW

Posted by: Oceangrave.9657

Oceangrave.9657

Zerg of nearly 25 got killed completely in 2 seconds. everybody wondering what it was. 5 seconds later. Massive Miller zerg appears. Oh…..culling….lovely…atleast we had a good laugh out of it.

in WvW

Posted by: Wenissa.2967

Wenissa.2967

Fun times on rof bl this evening
Awesome job whichever team of ours stole Stonemist for so long.
And nice work by our ROF border defense to help propel us into second place.
Hope we can hold onto it!

in WvW

Krosan.2890

It was indeed a nice reset, we were expecting an invasion on our borderlands but the initial miller’s zerg was more then we expected. We managed to push both servers out of our map and had some really nice fights while doing so.

in WvW

Posted by: Demonbox.4703

Demonbox.4703

I hope they will actually be fighting eachother aswell, good luck to all servers.

Looks like they r, btw yes nice reset everyone!
Let’s just hope is an indication of how the whole week might go, have fun!

Lidia Stoneheim [Warp]
Ring of Fire

in WvW

Posted by: Darkstorn.5423

Darkstorn.5423

Yea i don’t see any reason in using the forums this week guys. There isn’t a single german on the english forums anyways. We are simply talking to ourselves.

in WvW

Posted by: Jathres.7236

Jathres.7236

Don’t fear :p

There are enough of us here. Also there is no Thread in the german forum so we are not talking there either.

From past experiance this will develop into a nice thread this week, just give it time.

Back to topic:
Was funny that we both were our first fights this week larva ^^ I’m hoping we will get nice small scale this week.

Jathres BNF
http://www.youtube.com/user/Jathres
Piken Square

in WvW

Posted by: Iavra.8510

Iavra.8510

Was quite depressing for a first fight, yeah ^^ But you had 1 add so i can blame him/her for my defeat :P

Had quite a fun time defending south camp on our homelands against both Dzagonur and RoF players. [TaG] from RoF seemed really good to me. Couldn’t kill each other (2 of them against me + camp guards) so they retreated but i’m looking forward towards more fights against you guys.

in WvW

Posted by: judge.8754

judge.8754

Was quite depressing for a first fight, yeah ^^ But you had 1 add so i can blame him/her for my defeat :P

Had quite a fun time defending south camp on our homelands against both Dzagonur and RoF players. [TaG] from RoF seemed really good to me. Couldn’t kill each other (2 of them against me + camp guards) so they retreated but i’m looking forward towards more fights against you guys.

That sounds familiair!

I recall we were being at Hero’s lodge. Me with my Mesmer and a guildy with his Guardian. Originally we were checking the place out, campflipping way.

Arrived at Hero’s Lodge where we had that fight. Took a bit long, saw some hostiles arround as well as feeling some alarm bells triggered., so we decided to leave it at that. :P

Fun fights so far.

Mesmers Are Evil / Miss Judge WvW junky
Playing A Game [TaG]
Gunnars Hold

in WvW

Iavra.8510

Also kudos to the [FR] thief i fought against between RoF spawn and south camp on our homelands. Almost managed to down you (must had like 500 hp left) but in the end agreed on a draw.

We are pretty much dominating right now but that also leaves a lot of room for good duells and smallscale fights. Really loving this matchup so far.

in WvW

Posted by: uhindo.4731

uhindo.4731

Seeing the UW zerg from last campaign replaced by an even larger Millerzeg makes me sad already after 1 day … :-/ This sucks big time.

With kind regards from DZ to the english speaking community :-)

in WvW

Iavra.8510

Well, you had about twice the players when you were attacking inner wall at bay on our homelands. I saw about 80% upscaled during that attack so it’s not entirely our fault when you are losing

in WvW

Posted by: Ripkord.7025

Ripkord.7025

There is a funny way to push back the enemy’s attack :P

Attachments:

Zloby, a nice necro from Ring of Fire

in WvW

Posted by: pejot.4806

pejot.4806

A lot of fun fights with Miller’s Sound in our BL today I don’t think that I’ve ever killed so many siegerazers in one day. Too bad that we didn’t manage to hold hills, and we lost upgrades there

Attachments:

Anya of the Mists
[TaG] guild/raid leader
Gunnar’s Hold

in WvW

Iavra.8510

In the same time, we had a lot of fun @ south camp on your homelands ^^ duels between Mya, TOD, Bots from Miller and BNF, Tier and AtR (? sorry, forgot how it’s spelled) from Dzagonur.

/edit: kitten filter…had to insert the @ instead of ‘at’ so it doesn’t look full of kitten.

(edited by Iavra.8510)

in WvW

pejot.4806

Nice fights in RoF borderland again today. [Bots] and [Mya], it was really hard to kick you from our bay ^^

And much thanks for help to RFC and all the RoF people who trusted in my treb ^^

Anya of the Mists
[TaG] guild/raid leader
Gunnar’s Hold

in WvW

Posted by: Demonbox.4703

Demonbox.4703

We had some fun on Miller’s BL, thanks for the fun guys, and making Warp’s event possible.
Sorry for the garri, but i was there this morning when u took ours so… ;P
have fun everyone.

p.s. xpecially sorry to the MS guy who was working at the Mystic Forge when we broke in;

Lidia Stoneheim [Warp]
Ring of Fire

in WvW

Posted by: richardsmith.3104

richardsmith.3104

Good fight, Ricole/Frostbane/Arwyn Tohvel here. It was funny how we pwned them 2 times at the bay and Redlake xD. They are great in numbers but short in brains.

in WvW

Iavra.8510

Sorry for the garri, but i was there this morning when u took ours so… ;P

I was online at that time. Nobody said a word about you taking it other than “oh look, our garrison is red”. Should have witnessed the kittenstorm afterwards.

I encourage you to take more of our keeps and towers like this. Maybe we will wake up afterwards and finally start paying attention to what’s going on or even build some defensive weapons…

[Code] will most likely protect our borderlands from now on at least during primetime so i guess it will be a bit harder for you as they got some really good players.

But hey, at least we stopped you at bay and destroyed your golems

Also thanks to the permastealth Charr thief who entertained us at Dzagonur spawn tower around that time and for the fun duel we had afterwards ^^

They are great in numbers but short in brains.

Hurts a bit to read that but i have to admit you are right most of the time. I really like lower tiers (MS has been up in T3 once). Battles are much better here and personal playing skill makes more of a difference.

(edited by Iavra.8510)

in WvW

Krosan.2890

These joint attacks at exactly the same time on our borderlands are getting a bit old tbh

in WvW

Posted by: judge.8754

judge.8754

They are great in numbers but short in brains.

I’m pretty sure all servers got their good and bad. Best is to not underestimate the opponents. Once you underestimate zergs / teams, it could be time to respawn.

The fights so far are pretty nice. Sometimes It’s just like a marathon, running like crazy to places!

Mesmers Are Evil / Miss Judge WvW junky
Playing A Game [TaG]
Gunnars Hold

in WvW

Posted by: Chris goes Frontline.1853

Chris goes Frontline.1853

Busy day on rof border again, enjoying this matchup so far. Would love to know how cliffside got flipped though without any contest markers and without any siege being used during the evening.

Stewardess
Playing a Game [TaG]

in WvW

Iavra.8510

Nice rush at our keep on eternals yesterday. You created orange swords though, otherwise there would be no way for us to defend it.

in WvW

Posted by: Gwalchgwn.1659

Gwalchgwn.1659

Also thanks to the permastealth Charr thief who entertained us at Dzagonur spawn tower around that time and for the fun duel we had afterwards ^^

Are you a guardian? ‘Cause if so, that’s me..
Had to wait a while before I got you somewhere, where I could fight you without much interference. Never been good in fighting guardians

Ring of Fire
GL – “The Afternoon’s Watch” [OATH]

in WvW

Jathres.7236

See i told you there are talkactive folks here ^^

To duelling Guardians mostly a waste of time for myself. I should get an offensive set for them i guess :p

Jathres BNF
Piken Square

in WvW

Jathres.7236

Also we would gladly hold an 5v5 3v3 1v1 etc Event Friday evening!

To have some fun fights and duels to end this week.

Would be nice if a lot of folks from all three Servers would show up ^^

Time would be 20.00 (UTC+1), place most likly south of the south Supply camp on one Borderland that still has to be decided.

Contact me here or ingame if your interested

Jathres BNF
Piken Square

in WvW

Krosan.2890

[PI] had a good day out yesterday defending Rof and then taking Miller’s borders along with [WD], [ICON] and [FR].
Have to say though, out of all the servers we have faced Miller’s has been the guild relying most on their numbers. Everytime you manage to take a keep in our borders is because you just outnumber us and zerg all over the place. Makes me wonder if thats the case for all higher tier servers as there aren’t really any tactics involved. Basically build siege and sit on it with 5 people, meh.
Just now you try to take cliff with siege, we manage to hold you off so you just end up banging on the door with your numbers…

Anyway apart from all the zerging this matchup has been fun and is a good test for us.

in WvW

Iavra.8510

Well we wiped your mainzerg multiple times today on your own borderlands with about even numbers. We even hold against ~5 waves of respawn at NW supply camp until you finally overwhelmed us The only time i got downed (and killed on top of it) in 4 hours of raid on your bl today

We had to place a black lion merchant in our bay because we were out of inventory space ^^

(edited by Iavra.8510)

in WvW

pejot.4806

Well, yes, even numbers. Only thing was, your zerg was consisting mainly of 2 guilds (with most of ppl on TS/Mumble/whatever, I assume), we had PUG zerg, where half of ppl even don’t bother to watch the chat. So, the outcome wasn’t hard to predict… Tbh, I was happy when we managed to wipe you at Arah at least once

And it definitely wasn’t 5 waves

Anya of the Mists
[TaG] guild/raid leader
Gunnar’s Hold

(edited by pejot.4806)

in WvW

Jathres.7236

Got some nice fight today.

And an nice evening with tod.

Jathres BNF
Piken Square

in WvW

Krosan.2890

I honestly hope we will get a matchup with just one DE server in the future as allot of the time its just Millers and Dzag vs Rof for some reason. I don’t think I have ever seen Dzag on miller’s borders with more then 5 people.

in WvW

Jathres.7236

We are. That Miller has enough Power to handle all that is another thing completly ^^
Dunno if our Zergs really attacking Miller BL, but that would be silly anyway cause we hardly got the Manpower to hold Stuff on our BL or Eternal :p

And that Paranoia about Servers from one Nation working together against the third is old and false. May look like it from your Point of View but i can garantie you folks from Ring of Fire that it isn’t in generall (can’t vouch for all individuals obivously ^^).

Jathres BNF
Piken Square

in WvW

Krosan.2890

I’m not saying its an alliance or anything, I think this matchup proves thats not true. Just allot of the times we seem to be invaded by both at around the same time while you leave eachothers bl and eb parts allone.

in WvW

Posted by: Ilesyt.7084

Ilesyt.7084

I honestly hope we will get a matchup with just one DE server in the future as allot of the time its just Millers and Dzag vs Rof for some reason. I don’t think I have ever seen Dzag on miller’s borders with more then 5 people.

Krosan this is what you posted about me in the thread where I said I was sick of Dzagonur going only after RoS and called them to be dirty and cheap.
And them making various posts.

Illyest, everyone has consistently called you out on your various whining, crying and complaining about literally everything everytime your server is losing. On top of that you have proven multiple times to be a sore winner aswell. Are you living in denial or something? When are you going to realise all you do on these forums is complaining everytime something isn’t going your way.
Good thing we get to exchange places with Ros next week so we don’t have to be confronted with your posts for an entire week. I already feel sorry for Whiteside and Blacktide.

Now here you are complaining about two server bunching up on you because they’re both germans. You’re not only totally oblivious to the facts but are also a big kitten hypocrite.

Now, this is the story all about how
My server got flipped-turned upside down
And I’d like to take a minute
Just sit right there
I’ll tell you how we lost to a server called dzagonur.

In Ruins of Surmia born and raised
On the Battlegounds was where I spent most of my days
Chillin’ out maxin’ relaxin’ all cool
And all shootin some fire-ball outside of my keep
When a couple of UW guys
Who were up to no good
Startin making trouble in my neighborhood
I got in one little fight and then Dzagonur also came
They started bullying us one by one and made us lose our game.
I took my friends and went into their borderlands.
I made a swift attack and their garrison turned hands.
So I went to defend Eternal battlegrounds,
because the hyleks were too big a force for both the hounds.

So I begged and pleaded with them day after day
But they kept coming and we kept sending them on their way
We gave them a kiss and a ticket to their spawn.
But then both of them came again so Mendons and Ogrewatch were gone.

AAANYWAY, Millers do whatever they want cause they’re first, It’s Dzagonur who play the dirty game and have ALWAYS played the dirty game. They’re cheap and dirty and quite the cowards.

Leader of Deus Ex Machina [DEX]
Ruins of Surmia

in WvW

pejot.4806

I think that both RoF and Dzag are mostly busy protecting their homelands and MS can play a bit of kingmaker depending on which BL they decide to invade. But, on the other hand we already saw 2-3 Dzag golem rushes on our garri while you had half of your BL green and aside from reset, I don’t think that I’ve seen a blue keep in MS BL. I know that you’re aiming for 2nd place, buuuut we don’t have to be happy with that ^^

Out of the topic – thing that makes me sad is that aside from few Dzag/MS here, most Germans seem to be talking on their forum, excluding RoF from discussion

Edit: Aaaand Illesyt ninja’d above my post :P

Anya of the Mists
[TaG] guild/raid leader
Gunnar’s Hold

(edited by pejot.4806)

in WvW

Jathres.7236

Half the thread is about the routing Problems many of us got since a Problem with a Mainrouting hub in Central germany. And then some of the usual flamming etc :p

I like this matchup, getting much small scale without searching to long for it and getting zerged only once in a while.

Jathres BNF
Piken Square

(edited by Jathres.7236)

in WvW

Krosan.2890

Not nice of them to exclude us. =(
Are the Miller’s numbers basically the norm in tier 6? As it seems Rof is in a position where we have to little numbers for tier 7 and to many for tier 8.

in WvW

Jathres.7236

Yes Millers numbers are the norm for Tier 6 i think. Wouldn’t say you got not enough for Tier 7 simply another Server missing with yours/our Numbers.

Jathres BNF
Piken Square

in WvW

pejot.4806

Yeah, that’s also what I think. T8 has pretty balanced matchup atm. The problem is, we seem to have 4 T6 servers, 2 T7, again 4 T8 and 2 T9

Anya of the Mists
[TaG] guild/raid leader
Gunnar’s Hold

in WvW

Posted by: Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Yeah, that’s also what I think. T8 has pretty balanced matchup atm. The problem is, we seem to have 4 T6 servers, 2 T7, again 4 T8 and 2 T9

I don’t mind that really. It should help to keep our matchups fresh. I mean, who really wants to be playing against the same two opponents week after week.

As for the German language thread, I didn’t post there at all this week because as Jathres said it was mostly about the routing/lag/disconnection problem that most German players have had to deal with this week. I’ve had several nights that I simply couldn’t play.

And as for the two language based servers “picking on the third”, I really don’t think that’s happening. The Dzags regularly lose a lot of their borderlands and EB space as Miller’s goes back and forth between the two of us. It’s only natural that both red and blue servers will invade each other regularly to make up for that, and there’s probably a lesson there for us for next week.

We’re going to meet the Dzag’s again next week. We’ll have to be just relentless on offense in their borderland, as we have been relentless on defense (until today of course) on our own borderland.

My posts are facts as I know them, or my own opinion, and do not represent any guild.

in WvW

Iavra.8510

Are the Miller’s numbers basically the norm in tier 6?

Fort Ranik got 30-40 people on our borderland every day starting at about 9am tapping everything

By primetime, there were 2 zergs at about the same size so you could say we are pretty small compared to other servers up there ^^

in WvW

Posted by: Sho.4287

Sho.4287

For someone like me, who had doubts about numbers winning all in WvW this week is quite the disillusionment. I’m sure both opponent servers have at least the same if not more skill per player on the average (the ones who actually fight outnumbered usually are the ones who have the skill to do that ;D). Nonetheless you can not win if you don’t have the numbers to attack/defend as many objectives as the opponent. There is a small margin in which numbers can be counterbalanced by dedicated groups/guilds who pull allnighters and try to be everywhere at once, but typically more players = more points = more win…

Imo we have a generation shift on our server atm and many new unexperienced players on the field. As happy as I am to see new people trying out WvW as stupid it is to see these guys steamroll whole borderlands PvD.

So, all I can say is respect for the underdogs for fighting and this matchu kitten o unbalanced it’s stupid (coming from a member of the zergserver). Oh and as if the imbalance wasn’t stupid enough we also have to steamroll you guys as much as we can if we don’t want to descend further in ranking…
/rant

Millersund

in WvW

Iavra.8510

(the ones who actually fight outnumbered usually are the ones who have the skill to do that ;D)

When not raiding, i’m running solo on homelands and you won’t believe what kind of people ’m meeting there sometimes I fought and defeated the same opponent 10+ times in a row because he just keeps running straight out of his spawn.

But there are also nice fights everywhere. Few hours ago it was me and an engineer of [Soul] vs a D/D ele of [HON] in his camp. Was really stressful to deal with such a fast class while being CC’ed all over the place by the guards but also lot of fun ^^

Also nice action on Dzagonur borderlands just now. Broke the outer gate at bay with 5 golems, got stopped and decided to sneak the golems at garrison while keeping the defenders busy. Worked just as planned

in WvW

Posted by: Jikap.6547

Jikap.6547

Looking at the current rankings, I’d say RoF & Dzag are the tier 7 servers atm, with tier 8 now actually being balanced.

With RoF & Dzag being only two servers, it seems fairly likely that we’ll be fighting each-other + a tier 6 server for a while now, so we’ll have to get used to it…

On the other hand, if your routing/lagg issues in Germany is as bad as you made it sound, we’re gonna face some major difficulty whenever your network issues gets resolved. >_<;

Jikap
Elementalist
Ring of Fire

in WvW

Krosan.2890

Haha, I was kind of thinking the same as Jikap. :p

in WvW

Posted by: Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Haha, I was kind of thinking the same as Jikap. :p

We can beat the Dzags, but we’re going to have to forget EB.

Defense on our borderland, Offense on the Dzags borderland.

That’s how we can take 2nd place.

My posts are facts as I know them, or my own opinion, and do not represent any guild.

in WvW

Posted by: Ash Flamerazor.8243

Ash Flamerazor.8243

I’ve given up on playing this match, we had no hope of winning since the start, MS seems to go easy on Dzag , for example we had 1 tower in EB, blue had all of their section of the map ( 4 towers 1 keep ) , but MS was using 30 people to stop us from having mendons, while leaving all of the blue stuff untouched.

We can’t even hold a fully upgraded overlook at around midday, we can’t even hold fully upgraded bay in our own border at peak time, it was 15 of us vs 40 of them on sunday evening.

This week made me realize how unbalanced WvWvW is, and how we probably do the same to other lower tier servers nearly every week.

(edited by Ash Flamerazor.8243)

in WvW

Posted by: LunarNacht.8913

LunarNacht.8913

Okay, who pays for my new bags?

Sometimes, this matchup is better than Orr for farming.

in WvW

pejot.4806

+345
+320
+30

What happened to German dilligence? It looks like only RoF is at work.

And, LunarNacht, you chose really bad target for your comment, as PI is one of the few guilds in RoF that split from the main zerg and act on their own…

Anya of the Mists
[TaG] guild/raid leader
Gunnar’s Hold

(edited by pejot.4806)

in WvW

Posted by: Bratwa.6582

Bratwa.6582

@LunarNacht
Am Thema verfehlt, setzen sechs! After reading in german Forum, that Dzarg is aiming for second places only and to do so they will focus RoF. =(
In a general note: IF you aim for the second place only and make that macthup boring as hell, dont expect to see something so called “balanced” matchup, because by ignoring the first server u create inbalance !

[TaG][PunK][II]guildless