Roaming Mastery?

Roaming Mastery?

in WvW

Posted by: roamzero.9486

roamzero.9486

If anet came up with such a thing how would you like to see it implemented? I think something like this would be good:

5pt: Players you down have 10% less downed HP
15pt: +10% movement speed out of combat
30pt: Players you down have a further 15% less downed HP (25% total)
50pt: +15% movement speed out of combat (25% total)
75pt: If enemies outnumber allies in a 600 radius, gain 1s stability and 3s quickness when stomping(5s cooldown)

Roaming Mastery?

in WvW

Posted by: Gathslan.1870

Gathslan.1870

No.

NO.

No.

NONONO.

How about no.
Pretty kitten Op buffs there, what you get for wvw xp should not buff you against other players, the ones that already do were a mistake. I am fine with your siege weapons and such getting better with wvw xp but not your stats or more tools to create gaps between players and make fair fights impossible.

So once again no.

Roaming Mastery?

in WvW

Posted by: dank.3680

dank.3680

I like the idea really.. The suggested buffs don’t look too strong to me, quality of life things for those who fight in the field. The 3s quickness part is a bit much though and would have to go imo. I don’t think these are anywhere near as strong as the Guard Stacks so seems pretty decent.

#MAGSWAG: All class player. XOXO

Roaming Mastery?

in WvW

Posted by: dreztina.4820

dreztina.4820

Considering anet hates roamers and everything they stand for, I don’t think there’s much point in coming up with ideas for how anet could encourage the playstyle.

Out of Attunement – D/D Ele
Maguuma

Roaming Mastery?

in WvW

Posted by: roamzero.9486

roamzero.9486

I like the idea really.. The suggested buffs don’t look too strong to me, quality of life things for those who fight in the field. The 3s quickness part is a bit much though and would have to go imo. I don’t think these are anywhere near as strong as the Guard Stacks so seems pretty decent.

I think it would be fine since I feel that if a players downs someone while outnumbered, they should be rewarded for it instead of punished when they guy they down gets rezzed faster then they could stomp. This wouldnt apply in even fights or fights where you do the outnumbering though.

Roaming Mastery?

in WvW

Posted by: Peetee.9406

Peetee.9406

This sounds like a perfect ANet solution.

The implementation will be botched making all pets, spirits, minions, and clones count as enemies. Effectively giving all thieves and warriors perma quickness when stomping.

The forums will be full of rage about the new changes, ANet will respond by nerfing ele mist form.

Kayku
[CDS] Caedas
Sanctum of Rall

Roaming Mastery?

in WvW

Posted by: Keiel.7489

Keiel.7489

All of those minus the 75pt would also be great for WvW zergs. A static 25% move speed buff would great help a zerg move together not to mention remove the need for some people to take up a trait slot or utility slot. The -HP when downed is also great in zergs as well (unless you are stomping for points) but ether way it would greatly help zerg kill downed players.

Lastly before more suggestions come up, I would like to point out the fact that a lot of people are complaining about power creep in WvW. I’m not sure about you but generally speaking power creep affects roamers/small man groups much more than ZvZ.

[DONE]

Roaming Mastery?

in WvW

Posted by: Daendur.2357

Daendur.2357

what you get for wvw xp should not buff you against other players

why ?
wvw is players vs players.
wvw buff should give more skill, passive bonus and strong buffs, not a stupid +1% dmg vs guards.

Black Thunders [BT] – Gandara

Roaming Mastery?

in WvW

Posted by: Phoenixfudge.5290

Phoenixfudge.5290

No need to buff roamers. A single good roamer can already lock down supply caravans or perma-contest enemy waypoints.

Roaming Mastery?

in WvW

Daendur.2357

A single good roamer can already lock down supply caravans

OMG ! really ?!?! what a big problem ! game breaking i’d say.

btw you don’t need a “good” roamer , just a person with 2 fingers.

Roaming Mastery?

in WvW

Gathslan.1870

why ?
wvw buff should give more skill, passive bonus and strong buffs, not a stupid +1% dmg vs guards.

Are you serious?
Do you want stats to win you fights or your skill to win you fights?
I know which one it is for me, i want when i kill someone that it is because i played better not because of some stupid buffs you get by running around with zergs (roamer mastery yeah sure when you get it by zerging)

There is already TOO MUCH power creep in WvW with the guard buffs and bloodlust why would you want more?!

The kitten is happening to the players in this game?

Roaming Mastery?

in WvW

Posted by: sminkiottone.6972

sminkiottone.6972

why ?

Are you serious?
I know which one it is for me, i want when i kill someone that it is because i played better not because of some stupid buffs you get by running around with zergs (roamer mastery yeah sure when you get it by zerging)

There is already TOO MUCH power creep in WvW with the guard buffs and bloodlust why would you want more?!

The problem is Pve..

Roaming Mastery?

in WvW

Gathslan.1870

Just one last thing, the last point for example is not the worst idea ever as it would only work when you are outnumbered, but ways for outnumbered servers to fight back need to be added in a way you do not need to farm for it. They need to improve the outnumbered buff and support outnumbered servers in general with mechanics in the game.

Farming in order to get a buff like that is just stupid.

Roaming Mastery?

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

Roamers are the ones who probably want this types of masteries the least.

Besides, there’s already roaming mastery: Guard Leech and Applied Fortitude.

Roaming Mastery?

in WvW

Posted by: kingcragus.6810

kingcragus.6810

No.

NO.

No.

NONONO.

How about no.
Pretty kitten Op buffs there, what you get for wvw xp should not buff you against other players, the ones that already do were a mistake. I am fine with your siege weapons and such getting better with wvw xp but not your stats or more tools to create gaps between players and make fair fights impossible.

So once again no.

Please explain how you see players getting a buff through siege is acceptable and stat buffs are not? Please consider in yur response the fact that roamers will be fighting 1v2 at least whilst probably getting shot by siege. Please leave your AC and play the game.

Roaming Mastery?

in WvW

Lord Kuru.3685

No.

NO.

No.

NONONO.

How about no.

So once again no.

Please explain how you see players getting a buff through siege is acceptable and stat buffs are not? Please consider in yur response the fact that roamers will be fighting 1v2 at least whilst probably getting shot by siege. Please leave your AC and play the game.

Siege vs players or vs doors is already an extremely asymmetric fight, so it doesn’t matter as much. (Though I believe flame ram mastery is totally broken.)

For player vs player, balance matters a lot — in terms of gameplay as well as psychologically.

Roaming Mastery?

in WvW

Gathslan.1870

No.

NO.

No.

NONONO.

How about no.

So once again no.

Siege vs players or vs doors is already an extremely asymmetric fight, so it doesn’t matter as much. (Though I believe flame ram mastery is totally broken.)

For player vs player, balance matters a lot — in terms of gameplay as well as psychologically.

+1

And leave my Ac? To this day i do not even know how many abilities an AC has :P
99.99% of my time spent in WvW i run alone or with 1-2 friends xD

Roaming Mastery?

in WvW

Daendur.2357

so what’s the point in world levels ? if not for imba skillz , for what ? +5 supply ? looool

Roaming Mastery?

in WvW

Gathslan.1870

so what’s the point in world levels ? if not for imba skillz , for what ? +5 supply ? looool

That is what they should be for yeah, thank you for understanding.

Roaming Mastery?

in WvW

Daendur.2357

wow ! that’s a great progress. really something to aim for…

Roaming Mastery?

in WvW

Gathslan.1870

Holy! We now understand eachother so well!

There are tons of games out there that give stats and more stats and make stats the decisive point in PvP, Gw2 could be the first one to take a different step so yes, it would be progress and something to aim for instead of falling down the path of every other MMO pvp and why the PvP in those games sucks

If you want stats to carry you instead of your own ability to play pick up any MMO on the market right now and BAM you got it.

Roaming Mastery?

in WvW

Daendur.2357

There are tons of games out there that give stats and more stats and make stats the decisive point in PvP, Gw2 could be the first one to take a different step so yes, it would be progress and something to aim for instead of falling down the path of every other MMO pvp and why the PvP in those games sucks

If you want stats to carry you instead of your own ability to play pick up any MMO on the market right now and BAM you got it.

except the fact that stats are already influencing the game and imbalance between professions creates a greater gap.
masteries are ludicrous and encourage a stupid play style of ppl sitting on arrow carts, cannons and other siege weapons built in open field.
we don’t even have skins to fight for…

Roaming Mastery?

in WvW

Gathslan.1870

except the fact that stats are already influencing the game and imbalance between professions creates a greater gap.
masteries are ludicrous and encourage a stupid play style of ppl sitting on arrow carts, cannons and other siege weapons built in open field.
we don’t even have skins to fight for…

Then support more skins and the removal of all the bonus stat stuff instead of asking for more of it.
Just because the game has taken a turn for the worse it does not mean you should advocate for more.

A step in the right direction is already planned by nerfing bloodlust stat :P

Roaming Mastery?

in WvW

Posted by: UnrepentantProcrastinator.7420

UnrepentantProcrastinator.7420

If you’re a true roamer, roaming mastery would be like:

10 Pts, no WvW passive buffs.
20 Pts, do not receive Orb buffs.

And… that’s it.

Roaming Mastery?

in WvW

Posted by: Mbelch.9028

Mbelch.9028

Only a swell idea if anet could control and confine it to 100% roamers like myself.

So the idea isn’t swell. Everybody would get those buffs. (It would also make signet of air for ele 100% useless as do traveler runes.)

So instead of real roamers getting buffs, you’ve got zergs with those buffs against roamers.

The real issue I as a roamer have with WvW masteries is I get so much less wxp than the karma trains. Do I play less than the commander running around in circles capping things with his buddy on a different server back capping him? Yes. But that should be the only difference in our wxp gains.

We contribute a lot in different ways and should — but won’t — be compensated for them.

-Nex, [FEAR] Elementalist
https://www.youtube.com/user/GW2FearGaming

Roaming Mastery?

in WvW

Posted by: sminkiottone.6972

sminkiottone.6972

If you’re a true roamer, roaming mastery would be like:

10 Pts, no WvW passive buffs.
20 Pts, do not receive Orb buffs.

And… that’s it.

I like this idea more

Roaming Mastery?

in WvW

Posted by: Knote.2904

Knote.2904

How about a bonus that makes it so you do a massive aoe knockback when attacked and there is multiple enemies nearby, and then stealths you.

Would be good for escaping zergs as a roamer, and also ruins the GvG thing more.

Roaming Mastery?

in WvW

Daendur.2357

ahahah you are awesome guys.

Roaming Mastery?

in WvW

Posted by: Vael Victus.2654

Vael Victus.2654

We can all agree this is silly. I would like to see Ruin Mastery of some sort.

• cap ruins a little faster
  • on cap, get a 15-second movement boost
  • ruin cannons cost 5 supply less to build

Stuff like that.

Roaming Mastery?

in WvW

Posted by: Niim.9260

Niim.9260

Are you serious?

While I think the OP’s mastery is over the top, specifically the movement speed. I think your reaction is equally over the top.

As a roamer, fair fights are rare in the first place. When I exclusively solo’d I was getting maybe 5 hard 1v1 fights in an entire week of gaming 3-6 hours a night, most of my fights I would have to take on multiple people for the challenge. I now play in a roaming group and it is the same thing. There is so few roamers, even fewer skilled roamers, so you end up spending 99% of your fights fighting against silly odds because that is where the challenge is. Power creep has no impact in those situations because 1) it wasn’t fair to start with and 2) the game coddles players so much in this game that no amount of power creep is going to help most of them anyways.

Are the WXP guard buffs too much, perhaps but I am willing to accept them as they are because there is nothing to spend your points on unless you want to use siege. More powerful siege is just as much power creep as extra stats.

In my opinion the wxp needs an overhaul to make it more tree like so you are forced into making choices. Then make siege bunker a 115 point ability with 30% siege damage reduction and immunity to its CC/conditions. Make it only available to those who do not use any of the siege masteries. Then I am fine with stat buffs being removed.

~ AoN ~

Roaming Mastery?

in WvW

Posted by: Terrahero.9358

Terrahero.9358

why ?

Because players that already spend more time playing in order to unlock those extra stats and this suggest travesty should already be better players from that experience.

Adding a numerical advantage ontop of the advantage of experience is just stupid towards new players. You should already be a better player, and all those things added into the game that make it less accessible to new players are just as stupid.
A good way to kill a game or a gamemode is to make sure its very unfriendly to new players so it just slowly dies.

(edited by Terrahero.9358)

Roaming Mastery?

in WvW

Gathslan.1870

Are you serious?

While I think the OP’s mastery is over the top, specifically the movement speed. I think your reaction is equally over the top.

As a roamer, fair fights are rare in the first place. When I exclusively solo’d I was getting maybe 5 hard 1v1 fights in an entire week of gaming 3-6 hours a night, most of my fights I would have to take on multiple people for the challenge. I now play in a roaming group and it is the same thing. There is so few roamers, even fewer skilled roamers, so you end up spending 99% of your fights fighting against silly odds because that is where the challenge is. Power creep has no impact in those situations because 1) it wasn’t fair to start with and 2) the game coddles players so much in this game that no amount of power creep is going to help most of them anyways.

Are the WXP guard buffs too much, perhaps but I am willing to accept them as they are because there is nothing to spend your points on unless you want to use siege. More powerful siege is just as much power creep as extra stats.

In my opinion the wxp needs an overhaul to make it more tree like so you are forced into making choices. Then make siege bunker a 115 point ability with 30% siege damage reduction and immunity to its CC/conditions. Make it only available to those who do not use any of the siege masteries. Then I am fine with stat buffs being removed.

I will admit my reaction is over the top, i have a very low tolerance for things i find stupid haha.

And yes weather you find a good opponent or not is all on luck, but just because things are not fair to begin with and proper fights are not coming your way all the time it does not mean you should make them impossible. I do not understand the mentality of ‘’it is not perfect, so it is np to make it worse’’

You need to aim for perfection : P

Roaming Mastery?

in WvW

Posted by: IDarko.4709

IDarko.4709

We want to discourage blobbing, which isn’t going to happen with your version. That said, a mastery based on open field combat can work but it should give variety or encourage blobbers to play with less people. Maybe things like dealing extra damage against downed enemies or Increasing your chance to gain liquid WXP from enemies that got stomped.

Dius Vanguard [DiVa]
Gandara – WvW Warrior

Roaming Mastery?

in WvW

Posted by: Brando.1374

Brando.1374

If anet came up with such a thing how would you like to see it implemented? I think something like this would be good:

75pt: If enemies outnumber allies in a 600 radius, gain 1s stability and 3s quickness when stomping(5s cooldown)

I would take this just for the movement speed lol

Xxkakarot [GF] Good Fights
Dark Wizard Incar [GF] Good Fights
http://www.twitch.tv/xxkakarot

Roaming Mastery?

in WvW

Posted by: Brew Pinch.5731

Brew Pinch.5731

Obvious troll is obvious. 8/10, jimmies momentarily rustled.

Roaming Mastery?

in WvW

Lord Kuru.3685

why ?

Because players that already spend more time playing in order to unlock those extra stats and this suggest travesty should already be better players from that experience.

Adding a numerical advantage ontop of the advantage of experience is just stupid towards new players. You should already be a better player, and all those things added into the game that make it less accessible to new players are just as stupid.
A good way to kill a game or a gamemode is to make sure its very unfriendly to new players so it just slowly dies.

not to mention it hurts alts as well — leading to quicker burnout by veteran players.

This is a PvP environment, we don’t need this leveling garbage in here.
Dev time should be spent on improving the PvP — balance, alternate BL/EB maps, etc.

Roaming Mastery?

in WvW

Posted by: Player Character.9467

Player Character.9467

That’s a hilariously OP buff to make a 19v20 even.

Roaming Mastery?

in WvW

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

no this would imbalance wvw greatly as every giant zerg would run it. so thoutnumbered wuld get stability but die in seconds and wouldnt even be able to contest a circle if a giant force rushes their keep and the help is still on its way.speedboost out of combat wouls give zergs even more bonus as now they actually dont need to equip and trait for speed anymore, making them even more powerful.

Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

Roaming Mastery?

in WvW

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

Obvious troll is obvious. 8/10, jimmies momentarily rustled.

Why do people even care so strongly what others suggest though?

There is no way this would be put in the game lol.

Attachments:

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

Roaming Mastery?

in WvW

Posted by: Upham.6137

Upham.6137

I know the idea may sound nice to you, but just think about it.
Every zerger gets masteries 100000x faster than any roamer out there, so zergs would be running this before anyone else.

And really, I’m freaking tired of all these stack buffs. It gets to the point when some people won’t get into a fight until they have their max bloodlust/corruption, guard leech and applied fortitude stacks. And when they do, they’ll instantly bail if they notice it’ll be a tough fight, cus hell, having a fun fight is not worth it when it means that you’ll have to spend 15 min farming mobs and sentries in order to get an advantage, right?

Well, that’s pure bullkitten to me. And as a roamer it’s bores me to death having to zerg to get those 2 masteries already, and what’s even more frustrating, rank it’s not account wise. So no, I’d hate anything like this if it was implemented.

Bläck Dähliä

Roaming Mastery?

in WvW

Posted by: Chaosky.5276

Chaosky.5276

-
Frankly, I’m against all WXP upgrades. WvW is PvP, not PvE.

Roaming Mastery?

in WvW

Posted by: kingcragus.6810

kingcragus.6810

-
Frankly, I’m against all WXP upgrades. WvW is PvP, not PvE.

WvW is a solid mix of both. Are you saying that you have never took a sentry/camp/tower/keep/castle in WvW? Hate to break it to you but it is pve.

Roaming Mastery?

in WvW

Posted by: Chaosky.5276

Chaosky.5276

WvW is a solid mix of both. Are you saying that you have never took a sentry/camp/tower/keep/castle in WvW? Hate to break it to you but it is pve.

NPCs really only serve as timers to prevent captures when Righteous Indignation is up, and I guess they prevent hiding thieves from capping Stonemist and stuff.
Guards are a joke – even a fully upgraded camp can be captured solo.

Roaming Mastery?

in WvW

Posted by: Omne.4603

Omne.4603

This is amazing.

I Cant Stop/ Ocularis
NSP | Os Guild Master
www.osguild.org | www.youtube.com/osthink

Roaming Mastery?

in WvW

Posted by: Neo Annubis.7429

Neo Annubis.7429

I disagree, roamers need this.

Fact.

Roaming Mastery?

in WvW

Omne.4603

I disagree, roamers need this.

Fact.

Double facted.

I Cant Stop/ Ocularis
NSP | Os Guild Master
www.osguild.org | www.youtube.com/osthink

Roaming Mastery?

in WvW

Posted by: NornBearPig.9814

NornBearPig.9814

Every zerg player would prioritize this mastery, not just the roamers.

Roaming Mastery?

in WvW

Posted by: Piedplat.3597

Piedplat.3597

look a thief trying to evolved to god.

/Piedplat Ranger80/Palissade Guardian80/Mystyphika Mesmer80/ ArmataTenebrae[AT] BG
http://www.armata.ca/

Roaming Mastery?

in WvW

Posted by: Sube Dai.8496

Sube Dai.8496

Worst idea ever.

John Snowman [GLTY]
Space Marine Z [GLTY]

Roaming Mastery?

in WvW

Omne.4603