Roaming Secrets in Alpine BL

in WvW

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

There are some tricks and “secret” things in Alpine BL you should known/learn for roaming. And also some not so secret things like lol Moa cast animation.

Goal of Video was to add at least one thing any roamer can take away from it whether new/average/experienced.

is short at ~3min

https://youtu.be/RUMRw8CBQf0

Post any “secret” things you would like to share please. Yes we all know about the south hill entrance to swc ;-)

in WvW

Posted by: Famine.7915

Famine.7915

No kitten room ambush!? ABSURD!!! THE APPLE TREE NEEDS FERTILIZER!!!

Vee/Volk
Maguuma – Predatory Instinct [HUNT]
Necromancer

in WvW

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

A couple for EBG, in order of the spots:

Placing siege near the vista in green keep. It won’t get refreshed but it’s difficult to spot and difficult to kill if your keep is being attacked from this gate.

The opening to the off the map cave in the Dredge tunnels.
Inside the opening and waving at my pet.
Looking down in to the river that goes no where.
You used to be able to get on top of a cliff in this place and build siege but you can’t anymore.

And the last one, looking down at the portal from the top floor of SMC. If you jump just right, you can avoid taking any fall damage by landing on the portal.

All things I’m sure most people know. There are a number of other secrets I know of but some of them require owning structures we didn’t currently own when I was taking these pictures. And I was just plain too lazy to do the jumping puzzle to get to the top of that crumbling tower across from Quentin Lake, plus a lot of people know you can climb it anyway.

Maybe I’ll take more pictures tonight and add them.

Anyway nice video, I learned a couple things!

Attachments:

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

I didn’t know about the falling into portals = no fall damage. That’s fairly big thing to know.

in WvW

Posted by: Joshhh.2076

Joshhh.2076

It’s also really embarrassing when you miss the portal.

Gandaran.

in WvW

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

I didn’t know about the falling into portals = no fall damage. That’s fairly big thing to know.

It can save your life if you’re being chased to the top floor while a zerg is attacking the lord. Can confirm this after having done it a number of times, lol. They’ll just stay at the top floor staring down like “YOU WIN THIS ROUND.”

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma