Roaming Tier List?

Roaming Tier List?

in WvW

Posted by: Potato.2567

Potato.2567

Hi frands!

I recently returned to the game and currently only play Thief cuz thats the only thing I remember how to play. However, when the PvP season ends, I’d like to get back into WvW roaming. However, Thief is too popular in WvW and I wanna be a hipster so I was wondering what classes are good for roaming besides thief.

Thanks frands

RIP Warrior

Roaming Tier List?

in WvW

Posted by: roamzero.9486

roamzero.9486

Besides Thief you have Mesmer/Warrior/Druid, and Dragonhunter is also pretty cheesy if you dont mind the mobility handicap.

Roaming Tier List?

in WvW

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

The more a character get access to mobility, more popular it become to roaming. That said, Necro is the lowest popular profession for roaming.

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

Roaming Tier List?

in WvW

Posted by: XxsdgxX.8109

XxsdgxX.8109

Thief, then thief and last but not least… thief.

Stella Truth Seeker

Roaming Tier List?

in WvW

Posted by: Electra.7530

Electra.7530

As a roaming guardian, (who is partnered with a necro) I would sell my right arm, left leg, right ear, and left eye for mobility.

But, then the beautiful thing happens, thief bursts on me when I’m standing in all my traps and, WHOOPS! Dead thief, right? Nah, seriously wounded thief already way beyond my bow range stealthed, clearing all my partner’s multiple conditions, returning to full health.

Sighs.

WE HATES THOSE THIEVES! WE HATES THOSE THIEVES! WE HATES THEM SO MUCH!

Roaming Tier List?

in WvW

Posted by: Nikkinella.8254

Nikkinella.8254

Every class is viable for roaming if you’re good enough with it. Though I do wish necro had more mobility. Instant cast flesh wurm would be nice.

Roaming Tier List?

in WvW

Posted by: Cygnus.6903

Cygnus.6903

As a roaming guardian, (who is partnered with a necro) I would sell my right arm, left leg, right ear, and left eye for mobility.

But, then the beautiful thing happens, thief bursts on me when I’m standing in all my traps and, WHOOPS! Dead thief, right? Nah, seriously wounded thief already way beyond my bow range stealthed, clearing all my partner’s multiple conditions, returning to full health.

Sighs.

WE HATES THOSE THIEVES! WE HATES THOSE THIEVES! WE HATES THEM SO MUCH!

Poor thing, your traps didn’t work? Where it took you such skill to set it up? Sad face.

In WvW, mobility is not the true king, it’s stealth. Mobility is a close second though. As thieves have a lot of both, they are still the most popular class for solo roamers I would say, although I don’t think they are the best.

So I’d say;

- Condi Chrono (absolutely destroys everything 1v1 except for maybe a Berserker, very easy and forgiving to play OKish, becomes insane when you’re decent. Second best escapability, and invulnerabilities for stomps. Continuum Split is funny.)
- Thief (pretty good vs most other classes, although tanky brawlers can give you a lot of problems, as does condi. You escape from everything if you have good reflexes)
- Chrono (hits harder then the condi version but gets hit very hard, and has a hard time vs good thieves. Oneshots all others, though)
- Berserker (counters a lot of popular classes. Great healing and very condi resilient if built for that. Berserk bursts hit incredibly hard, the GS one being absolutely overtuned. Still good mobility too)
- Scrapper (lots of defenses and does good damage while remaining tanky. Also good access to stealth)
- Drood (can be tanky and hit hard, with heals for days, and stealth access. Pets hit like a truck and they have good mobility and CC. Can kite effectively too)
- Everything else

The top three don’t die if they don’t want to, pretty much.

I only state my opinion unless stated otherwise.
Hulk Roaming Montages/Build Vids
I always rage but never quit.

Roaming Tier List?

in WvW

Posted by: beatthedown.2651

beatthedown.2651

There are so much scrub thieves lately. Problem is that I’m also a scrub power mesmer and dealing with them is a pain.

Been playing around with druid lately. It’s funny when the thief eats a knockback, uses his block, tries to stealth up – but guess what – I have a second knockback for you. Trying to disengage to save your 25 precious stacks? Too bad I got pew pew.

Druid is still strong and (while in combat) you can abuse quick draw for broken mobility, if you like this trait. Only against some warriors with defender runes and stunbreak heal you might struggle to take them down. Even with offensive gear they can outheal you. I got a hybrid build to counter that a bit, but it’s still annoying.

I can really recommend druid, but it’s not for everyone since it plays a bit slow and you need to kite a lot.

Roaming Tier List?

in WvW

Posted by: XTR.9604

XTR.9604

Warrior and condi necro are pretty good for roaming. Thief is garbage lol.. Only bad players play thief in WvW. They all just want to be able to run away from every fight they can’t win instead of actually fighting things out to the end. Nothing new, thieves in general are bad.

Asphyxia [XT] – Crystal Desert & Fort Aspenwood Roamer
Twitch Stream – AsphyxiaXT
My Builds at XtremeTheory.com

Roaming Tier List?

in WvW

Posted by: Cheeseball C.8395

Cheeseball C.8395

all classes are viable and many have builds that are secretly good that the general public doesn’t know about. its just that playing classes with stealth are really convenient for running away from uneven fights. if u want to play a build with lack of mobility but still want to be able to run from zergs, i recommend trying out making a norn and using “become the snow leopard” elite haha 5 for stealth and hold 4 for long dash

Roaming Tier List?

in WvW

Posted by: GrahamW.5397

GrahamW.5397

Guardians have a decent amount of mobility though, 2 pretty low cd blinks, the leap with f2 on dh. Leap on gs if you feel like taking that. The only thing they don’t have mobility wise is swiftness which can be a pain unless you take retreat or staff, both of which are generally a bad idea if you’re roaming. You can always take the +25% move speed runes and be fine. I also wouldn’t say condi chrono destroys everything 1v1, i have no issue fighting them on my dh and i’ve seen them lose plenty to other classes as well.

Roaming Tier List?

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

They are all “viable” but as mentioned above. Condi Chrono, Stun Lock Warrior, Bunker Druid, Bunker Scrapper are all fine choices with fairly soft learning curves thanks to mobility, durability and/or stealth.

Heralds and Tempests in the right hands are often surprisingly good at roaming. However getting to the stage where a player can mop the floor with a good fighter takes a while.

DH has a low skill floor for an effective build making it easy to play but mobility hampers it. Necros are the worst mainly from mobility but also because they are so easy to kite.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”