Rogues need to be nerfed, now

in WvW

Posted by: SeniorChang.1795

SeniorChang.1795

I’m not going to call them “thieves”, that’s ridiculous and makes no sense. They’re rogues and they’re insanely overpowered in GW2. They can attack and disappear into nothing even though a crowd of 20 people are standing on top of them.

Every other game that has stealth has done it reasonably, or at least put some effort into it. This is kittening ridiculous. They’re invulnerable and can pop back into stealth at any moment, unhittable by anyone.

Why isn’t this fixed yet?

in WvW

Posted by: Sarrow.2785

Sarrow.2785

Oh god, here we go.

Admiral Mournn, Tarnished Coast

in WvW

Posted by: Thesilentflute.8761

Thesilentflute.8761

Wait are you saying I should not be able to kill groups of 2-3 at a time or die trying????
Well you should tell that to my ranger cause he does it as well. On a srs note you are right they should nerf warriors impale is an iwin button

I see good ideas every day …good in theory. – Shawn Farthing
Masters in Geek Mythology
YOU ARE NOT THE INVENTOR OF WORDS!!! lol

in WvW

Posted by: Szarazar.7162

Szarazar.7162

If you have huge problems with a class, then learn to play it…

And their name IS: Thief! -.-’

Fènryl Yávem | Sylvari | Ranger

in WvW

Posted by: Klawlyt.6507

Klawlyt.6507

Holy crap! This game is going on a year old, and no one… I mean NO ONE has noticed this! He’s right! Thieves (who actually steal, unlike most rogue classes) can use stealth!

Thank you, Senior Chang, for bringing it to our attention. How this managed to go unnoticed for this long is beyond me. You shall be proclaimed hero of the forums!

TL;DR What Szarazr said.

The possibility of physical and mental collapse is now very real.
No sympathy for the Devil, keep that in mind.
Buy the ticket, take the ride.

in WvW

Posted by: Titan.3472

Titan.3472

when a class is able to take over any others 90% of time then there is an issue that need to be adress. stealth mechanism need less easy mode.

in WvW

Posted by: Waffler.1257

Waffler.1257

when a class is able to take over any others 90% of time then there is an issue that need to be adress. stealth mechanism need less easy mode.

Please cite the data you used to come up with that 90% statistic.

in WvW

Posted by: Titan.3472

Titan.3472

Its based on wvw game experience. I see thieves taking over any encounter most of time. A counter argument to say thieves are underperforming may be?
The main issue is the fact that stealth can be cast anytime while in fight and this is the best damage mitigation of the game because you can’t be seen nor target AND it buff your dps… Once fight start I think thieves shouldn’t be able to stealth until out of combat, in fight they should be able to use blind but not being able to stealth each second right after they hit.

(edited by Titan.3472)

in WvW

Posted by: Seigfried.5938

Seigfried.5938

I’m not going to call them “thieves”, that’s ridiculous and makes no sense. They’re rogues and they’re insanely overpowered in GW2. They can attack and disappear into nothing even though a crowd of 20 people are standing on top of them.

Every other game that has stealth has done it reasonably, or at least put some effort into it. This is kittening ridiculous. They’re invulnerable and can pop back into stealth at any moment, unhittable by anyone.

Invulnerable what?
My recommendation, play a theif to know it’s weaknesses, because there definitely are.

Gandara → SoS → BG → Gandara → SFR

New bunker meta sux

in WvW

Posted by: Aeros.2046

Aeros.2046

As a Necromancer that knows how to use my class, I find threads complaining about thieves rather funny. Dark pact. Well of Suffering, Well of Corruption, F1 Deathshroud, go immediately to life transfer. If the thief tries and get away, hit 2 ability, warp on top of him. Engage with Necrotic bite and Enfeebling blood.

And boom, dead thief. Thieves in WvW are almost always glass cannon (since they have to try and one shot you to be successful). For even a moderately skilled Necro they are ridiculously easy to kill. The trick is to not get ambushed and to hit Dark pact before dropping the wells and then be in Death Shroud when they try and get away.

[KRTA]
Maguuma

(edited by Aeros.2046)

in WvW

Seigfried.5938

Most people who complain are berserker’s equipped who like large damage. Get ready to pay the price.

New bunker meta sux

in WvW

Posted by: Sitkaz.5463

Sitkaz.5463

Follow me around a bit. I take my thief into wvw and die all the time.

in WvW

Posted by: KlausKNT.9302

KlausKNT.9302

Hm.. in my PERSONAL opinion with stealth on thiefs is someting wrong. I have thief to, but i dont like play it to muth. ewerytime i play thief in wvsw i fell like a "easy mode ON ".
Its only becose of stealth who give me GREAT atack/defence ability. Stealtch + mobility give me a BIG comfort of play. I know that enemy players cannot kill me until i make some noob mistakes.
And yes i see many noobi thiefse who dont know “what they have”, and they are not hard to kill- why they not use skills, dude yu have STEALTH- most of skills need target to hit. Even when enemy have aoe skills, he NEDD TO KNOW where are yu- yu stay in one place after stealth -OMG… yu joking?? no?? ok no more question.
This class just make me fell to comfortable to play, thats why i dont like play it mutch now.
More funn give me mesmers now who cannot be in “eternal” stealth and his mobility is poor.
Ask me why even my warior is Norn and have stealth elite ability when i roaming on map?
For me the most uncorfontable class to play is now necromancer. I think that is becose when i see group of enemy (or bigger group of enemy atacking me i think ok, i have long way to any “save spot” (tower, keep, etc.) , my mobility is… , escape abilitys are… ok if i/we dont kill all enmeys i AM DEAD :P

Back to thief. Thiefs are not OP, yu shal not think they are. Only bigest stealth ability + mobility make this class so annoying. Its not a big problem to kill almost all players witch it, but sometimes i face a skilled oponent. I try kill him 2, max 3 times. When i am forced to escape in stealth and move away- ok i cannot kill yu , yu cannot kill me- draw, nice play, gl, bb. (meaby i shal run more with condi thief next time, and “reopen x time fight” when enemy still have condis? no? it make them cry more about NERF thief OP?? ok :P )

I think most players rerol to thiefs for comfort play, becose how work stealth in this game. I dont play yet a mmos where ANy class using stealth are able to “eternal reopen” fight. In most stealth class can start fight in stealth, have strong open fight abilitys, but are not able to easy escape/reopen fight when someting goes wrong. Most stealth skills work when not in combat or when not taken hit by x seconds, etc. I think most player know this and thats why they hate thiefs here.

I think in future ANET will do someting witch stealth, but i hope it will not destroy this classs.

Sory for my bad english :P
Grettings!!

(edited by KlausKNT.9302)

in WvW

Posted by: Zenguy.6421

Zenguy.6421

Simple solution: give Engineers’ Utility Goggle utility the ability to see stealthed characters.

It will only work for maybe 10s out of every 40 (or 32 if traited), but it will a) cut down the excessiveness of Thieves’ perma-stealth, and b) finally make Eng’s a useful class for large scale WvW.

Of course, to balance this it will help if Thieves have a role in large scale WvW. They’re thieves after all. How about giving them a way to sneak into closed towers, etc.? (Why should Mesmers be the class that can bypass gates?)

(edited by Zenguy.6421)

in WvW

Posted by: Singer.8740

Singer.8740

Simple solution: give Engineers’ Utility Goggle utility the ability to see stealthed characters.

It will only work for maybe 10s out of every 40 (or 32 if traited), but it will a) cut down the excessiveness of Thieves’ perma-stealth, and b) finally make Eng’s a useful class for large scale WvW.

Of course, to balance this it will help if Thieves have a role in large scale WvW. They’re thieves after all. How about giving them a way to sneak into closed towers, etc.? (Why should Mesmers be the class that can bypass gates?)

I play engineer as my main and have no problems in wvw. Nades can tag 9 people at a time .(three tags a grenade with three grenades a skill. traited) that’s a lot of conditions your spreading around. Now before you go compare it to a necro the two classes work completely different. Necros only hit five people as mentioned above and they also have large cooldowns on these abilitys, but the amount of condition burst and condition stacking they put out is frightening. were as an engineer hits more targets, can easily reapply removed conditions in a matter of seconds and has better maneuverability and get out of jail free options. Both classes bring a different way to run conditions to the table and you should not just presume anything about a class just because you have no luck playing it.

Back on topic I like your idea about the utility goggles. its a stroke of genius but on the flip side I don’t think the thief needs a nerf at all. They have there own play style and if you cant deal with it this just comes down to a lack of personal skill or understanding of the complexities of the thief as a class I am afraid.

Etheeria (The mad bomber). If you don’t have shellshock your not doing it right.

in WvW

Posted by: KlausKNT.9302

KlausKNT.9302

Beter dont give thiefs ability to snek into closed door , this is not warhammer :P

My point is :
-For now as a thief i can kill solo tower champion in about 3 to 5 minutes if no defender,
-When i am in a party with other thief (one must be condi thief) we are able kill Keep lord in about 7- 10 minutes if defenders not come.
I have test this several times -2 thiefs is minimum for keep lord ( 1 is not enought becose of guards and lord heal, and i was not able to kill keep lord in solo fight).

So image now a loot of thiefs in maps that will be able to take any point in few minutes.
I think a party of 5 thiefs (if they have sneak door ability) will kill lord and take keep in less than 3 minutes. Remember that now is 30 seconds delay before the point show on map that “is under atack”. And this will give defenders not chance to defend point when not on the “right time in right place”.
And this will be extremaly OP.
OFC its my opinion only.

in WvW

Posted by: Caliban.3176

Caliban.3176

My god, people still make threads like this?

Thieves can’t escape my guardian staff and have no stability. Ring/line of warding, sanctuary, shield 5, hammer 4 (<3) all beat the crap out of thieves. And when you see his shadow refuge, you know where he is and you can hit him, just use AOE.

I’m sure other classes can find counters to thieves as well.

The real annoying thing is that thieves can decide when the fight is over. They can stealth and run away and don’t have to die. I understand how many of you might find this annoying and unfair, but that’s how it is supposed to be. Now stop whining and go kill a thief.

[VoTF] www.votf-online.net
7.2k+ hours played on Minesweeper

in WvW

Seigfried.5938

Or better yet, if you know he is a BS theif, just move away from him and he will eventually get revealed(lack of stealthing, not debuffing).

New bunker meta sux

in WvW

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

Eng’s are one of the stronger classes vs. thief. Seriously it’s a frekkin’ joke. Put away your glassy no defense SD build (the only build you’ll probably use with utility goggles) and get out something with P/P or P/S (if you want it to be stupid easy).

Thief vs a decent Eng is already a large uphill fight for the poor thief.

Gear shield = lawl plz try to backstab or hs spam more. Oh bask venom? Meet elixir S. That’s presuming the eng isn’t not traited for protection + 20% reduction (total of 52% additional reduction) when stunned and then… wth do they even care the eng will hardly feel it. Oh I see you god off a C&D… enjoy the stun from static shield when you go to backstab. Box o nails/glue shot = you’re not getting behind, enjoy your cripple/immobilize. What’s that, thief teled away? Magnet pull back and prybar your face. Shadow refuge? Magnetic inversion. Eng doesn’t need help Vs. thief… when it has SO MANY COUNTERS ALREADY (I’m not going into all of them btw… as there are plenty more).

This is a pretty typical fight vs a WvW thief (although I use PP most of the time and different kits myself).

Seriously listen to how bored he sounds with the thief. It really is this boring of a fight the vast majority of the time if you know what you’re doing.

As far as group usefulness… healing turret, nades, piercing pistols =’s water fields and aoe. Eng also has a lot of blast finishers and a wide range of fields that they can produce. They are very useful as they are now.

On the other hand we have thieves. Not the best 1v1 class, not great at group play. Good at running away, scouting, ganking yaks, contesting keeps. Thief needs more group viability FAR more than Eng does.

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

(edited by Aberrant.6749)

in WvW

Posted by: mrmadhaze.8706

mrmadhaze.8706

If 20 people are standing on top of a thief and the thief is still alive the 20 have really huge basic knowledge issues.
Above all becouse the kitten thief is NOT invulnerable while stealthed.
Another junky thread from egokitten people.

in WvW

Posted by: Szarazar.7162

Szarazar.7162

Well.. Any Class is op and stuff…. Like NOPE. ^^
@Senio Chang: watch this.
I think this build is way stronger for solo roaming than any thief build. ^^

Fènryl Yávem | Sylvari | Ranger

in WvW

Posted by: Chiolas.1326

Chiolas.1326

As a Necromancer that knows how to use my class, I find threads complaining about thieves rather funny. Dark pact. Well of Suffering, Well of Corruption, F1 Deathshroud, go immediately to life transfer. If the thief tries and get away, hit 2 ability, warp on top of him. Engage with Necrotic bite and Enfeebling blood.

And boom, dead thief. Thieves in WvW are almost always glass cannon (since they have to try and one shot you to be successful). For even a moderately skilled Necro they are ridiculously easy to kill. The trick is to not get ambushed and to hit Dark pact before dropping the wells and then be in Death Shroud when they try and get away.

Your solution is to have everyone play a necro? O.o

Quit WvW and Gw2 in August 2013

in WvW

Seigfried.5938

If 20 people are standing on top of a thief and the thief is still alive the 20 have really huge basic knowledge issues.
Above all becouse the kitten thief is NOT invulnerable while stealthed.
Another junky thread from egokitten people.

It just shows his lack of knowledge.

New bunker meta sux

in WvW

Posted by: Skeletor.9360

Skeletor.9360

Its based on wvw game experience. I see thieves taking over any encounter most of time. A counter argument to say thieves are underperforming may be?
The main issue is the fact that stealth can be cast anytime while in fight and this is the best damage mitigation of the game because you can’t be seen nor target AND it buff your dps… Once fight start I think thieves shouldn’t be able to stealth until out of combat, in fight they should be able to use blind but not being able to stealth each second right after they hit.

Clueless obviously. Try playing a thief and you’ll be whining how stealth is actually no help.

But I agree please take stealth away and give us huge damage mitigation in the form of dodging. Then when I stand there in front of you and you can’t hit me….you’ll get twice as mad. In fact allow thieves to stun lock people and kill them without taking any counter attack…..that would be way better than stealth.

in WvW

Posted by: ArmageddonAsh.6430

ArmageddonAsh.6430

Its fine for them to have stealth

its NOT fine for them to be able to chain it all together
its NOT fine for them to be able to go into stealth every 4 seconds

They have pretty much the easiest mechanic, it offers HUGE reward with little punishment for things going wrong – They get scared they are going to lose? they stealth, run and reset only to try again

Personally i think they should have stealth reduced NOT removed as its sort of there thing, it needs to be a more of a perfect/right timing sort of reward system rather then just spam it constantly

Now i know that would reduce there defense, in its place maybe change some of the stealth traits to damage reduction/mitigation traits.

Increase the stealth debuff to say 10seconds. While they have the debuff maybe they take less damage? along with some trait and skill changes to buff them more defensively to counter the loss of the stealth.

in WvW

Posted by: Jamais vu.5284

Jamais vu.5284

Bad at the game? Blame thieves!

in WvW

Posted by: WhiteAndMilky.2514

WhiteAndMilky.2514

Oh hey look another person who knows nothing about thief is making a thread about how they’re op.

Step 1: learn your own profession.
Step 2: learn their profession.
Step 3: murder them with knowledge.

I play all the things 80. Pew Pew Pew. Killin joor commanders.
4 Warriors, 3 Rangers, 3 Mesmers, 2 Engineers, 2 Guardians, and Necro, Thf, Ele
-Beastygate Beast Milk, OG BG Veteran Native

in WvW

Posted by: Limm.8401

Limm.8401

Dear ArenaNet,

I get consistently killed by something. Clearly it cannot be a lack of understanding on my part. Please make that aspect of the game easier so I don’t have to improve my gameplay to win.
P.S Everybody is overpowered except for me.

Kitty Rages; 55k

in WvW

Posted by: Talyn.3295

Talyn.3295

Sadly the majority of the community is going to keep making these post. I think stealth is incredibly powerful. These kinds of post however will not go away no matter how much we try to ignore them or no matter how much we discuss it.

However that said it is hardly unbeatable. I run into two types of thieves on my guardian. Those I kill and those who run away. I have never been ganked by a thief yet. I realize that some of the professions don’t have the armor or survivable of mine so I do feel for them.

The only things I would like to see other then a heartseeker/perma-stealth fix is

1. That numbers would appear if I manage to land an attack. I don’t need to know how much health he has left or his exact location, just something that tells you if your AOE or sword is even swinging in the right direction.

2. A block or missed attack reveals the thief. If my block gets used on my mace/focus because he attacked I feel he should also lose something. What is good for one side and all that….

“We have now left Reason and Sanity Junction. Next stop, Looneyville.”

in WvW

Posted by: Xsorus.2507

Xsorus.2507

Stealth needs to be looked at, All it really takes is playing a Thief to realize its bloody stupid.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Xsorus/videos?view=0
Natures Ninja and Pain Inverter – Ranger PvP movies
http://www.twitch.tv/xsorovos

in WvW

WhiteAndMilky.2514

Stealth needs to be looked at, All it really takes is playing a Thief to realize its bloody stupid.

I agree, it is stupidly easy to counter thief stealth. Thieves have no chance against someone with half a brain.

in WvW

Posted by: Xsorus.2507

Xsorus.2507

I agree, it is stupidly easy to counter thief stealth. They have no chance against someone with half a brain.

If you fight a half way decent thief on most classes, You’ll die..

Its only a matter of time.

Hell I’ve taken my D/P build out every now and again, Just chain spam stealth till someone comes long, Pop my 2 signets for the 25 stacks of might total.. and then backstab someone for 15k followed by a massive 5k Heart Seeker

http://www.youtube.com/user/Xsorus/videos?view=0
Natures Ninja and Pain Inverter – Ranger PvP movies
http://www.twitch.tv/xsorovos

in WvW

WhiteAndMilky.2514

I agree, it is stupidly easy to counter thief stealth. They have no chance against someone with half a brain.

If you fight a half way decent thief on most classes, You’ll die..

Its only a matter of time.

Hell I’ve taken my D/P build out every now and again, Just chain spam stealth till someone comes long, Pop my 2 signets for the 25 stacks of might total.. and then backstab someone for 15k followed by a massive 5k Heart Seeker

Yeh you’re right, thief is pretty good at killing bad players who don’t turn their camera or play with sound on. Thief is also way too strong against uplevels, they need to nerf thief to save those poor uplevels.

in WvW

Posted by: iiMulch.2138

iiMulch.2138

The OP needs to learn how to play. Thieves give me no trouble as a PVT guardian. They can be annoying becaus everyone I nearly kill them they stealth and run away. I have never been killed 1v1 by a thief unless he was roaming with other people. Most of the time my hammer #2 skills takes out like 1/4 of a thieves hp.

in WvW

Posted by: Zacchary.6183

Zacchary.6183

Holy crap! This game is going on a year old, and no one… I mean NO ONE has noticed this! He’s right! Thieves (who actually steal, unlike most rogue classes) can use stealth!

Thank you, Senior Chang, for bringing it to our attention. How this managed to go unnoticed for this long is beyond me. You shall be proclaimed hero of the forums!

TL;DR What Szarazr said.

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

1. That numbers would appear if I manage to land an attack. I don’t need to know how much health he has left or his exact location, just something that tells you if your AOE or sword is even swinging in the right direction.

2. A block or missed attack reveals the thief. If my block gets used on my mace/focus because he attacked I feel he should also lose something. What is good for one side and all that….

1. Your mele AA chain will tell you if you’re hitting or not.

2. You have a chance to stop them from stealthing in the first place (other than with blinding powder). Block causing revealed would be double dipping and make thieves even less viable in actual combat Vs. classes that already have an easy time with them. It’s not like thief is the greatest fighter in the first place.

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

in WvW

Posted by: scootshoot.6583

scootshoot.6583

You have 5 character slots, roll one and by playing the class will figure out their counters which there are plenty.

in WvW

Posted by: DeadlySynz.3471

DeadlySynz.3471

As much as I agree with this (and many others), this really should have been put in one of the existing threads.

in WvW

Posted by: Burnfall.9573

Burnfall.9573

OP

Unfortunately the Irony and Tyranncy continues,,

Why no fix?

Only Arena net knows that answer and to why they Intentionally Intended this ‘rogue’ class to cause so many Misery and Tryanny since Day 1.

Seriously

Arema met

What happend to your Famous quote “Evey Class Are Treated The Same:”?

Why the Injustice Arena net?

Advocate of Justice, Liberty and Truth

in WvW

Posted by: Thesilentflute.8761

Thesilentflute.8761

Anet can’t patch in skill or Intelligence

I know it’s hard to believe reading these forums that any of these people could be dumb or bad.

I see good ideas every day …good in theory. – Shawn Farthing
Masters in Geek Mythology
YOU ARE NOT THE INVENTOR OF WORDS!!! lol

in WvW

Posted by: kfarb.6732

kfarb.6732

It’s “Señor”

Maguuma – considered by many to be the best

in WvW

Posted by: Klawlyt.6507

Klawlyt.6507

There could be a Junior Chang out there.

The possibility of physical and mental collapse is now very real.
No sympathy for the Devil, keep that in mind.
Buy the ticket, take the ride.

in WvW

Posted by: DanH.5879

DanH.5879

joining the QQ train before the thread closes