Ruins 3/5=worth the score of a keep.

in WvW

Posted by: CHIPS.6018

CHIPS.6018

Forget Bloodlust. Everyone that I talked to in game hates Bloodlust. Remove all of it from WvW.

Instead, change the benefits of holding the ruins to actual score. For example holding 3/5 control points (or more) within the ruins worth the score of a single keep.

What does this mean? Let’s say your score is currently 200. If you hold 3/5 control points within the ruin, you server’s score jumps up to +225, since a keep worth +25 points. If by chance your server holds 3/5 on all 3 ruins across the 3 borderlands, your score becomes +275. [For the record, max possible score is now 69575=+770.] Of course, you only get those points at the end of the timer.

So now players will fight over the ruins, since it now worth actual points to the server. Havoc teams fighting over the ruins are now encouraged, meaning more havoc vs havoc action. GvG is returned to the game since no one gets an unfair advantage. Killing 3 birds with 1 stone.

P.S. Slightly off topic, but they should change the ruins to model after the burning city of Ascalon from FoTM. Looks a lot more epic, and nothing beats street battles.

Chipsy Chips(Necromancer) & Char Ashnoble(Thief)
The Order of Dii[Dii]-SBI→Kaineng→TC→JQ
Necro Encyclopedia-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrAjJ1N6hxs

(edited by CHIPS.6018)

in WvW

Posted by: Dutchares.6084

Dutchares.6084

Our guild does a few 100 stomps on a raiding night.
With 3 buffs that’s a lot of points.
Our server has not the man power to compete in the PPT match, but has many good guilds who can beat larger zergs. So lots of stomps.
We dominate prime time against almost all server we encounter.

So before you change anything about the points , first thing that’s needs to be done is change the points you get for objectives when their are no, or almost none enemies to defend. Get more points when their are a lot of enemies.

Regarding the buff. I think the extra points a server that plays well (so not only just zerg and PvDoor) is very nice. But I would like to see a special reward for the players that take the buff and guard it. Karma training and PvDooring (with no defenders) is still the best rewarded in WvW. While it needs no skill.

in WvW

Posted by: Ulion.5476

Ulion.5476

Chipsy bloodlust was meant to counter the pvd for server that lose ppt overnight. So primetimes would gain a slight ppt advantage over the night-shift. If you have looked at the total ppt last week the t1 match had like ~720k ppt(~620ppt before bloodlust). the T8 match-up had ~650k ppt. Bloodlust added 50k~100k total ppt from stomp in a match-up, ~475k ppt from bases and 100~150k from dolyaks/sentries. So havoc groups can add anywhere from 150~250k ppt during a match-up.

Ele – Tarnished Coast
“Quoth the raven nevermore”
Platinum Scout: 300% MF

in WvW

Posted by: SpehssMehreen.5897

SpehssMehreen.5897

working as intended

in WvW

Posted by: renmei.3102

renmei.3102

Havoc squads my foot, the current meta seems to be to send the zerg into the mid to cap it fast, then send a small squads to keep the nodes decapped. If the other servers are close to getting the orb and the countdown timer is starting, send the zerg back into mid. Not sure if this is what the devs wanted.

There is no pressing incentive to to capturing garrisons and towers other than to demoralize or kitten off the enemy servers, or to take away their way point. If PPT/winning the match for the upcoming leagues is important to you, then you’ll get may more points by getting 2 or 3 of the orbs and setting up a situation where the enemy server’s pugs and less experienced players lemming into your group in order to try and save an (perceived) important objective like their spawn camp/tower, north camp and end up getting stomped over and over. I’ve seen my server get 30-80 points in this manner in a very short amount of time..

in WvW

Posted by: Swamurabi.7890

Swamurabi.7890

As long as there’s a huge disparity in coverage and populations from servers in a league, any suggestion to the ruins that helps the higher pop/coverage servers is going in the wrong direction.

in WvW

Posted by: nekretaal.6485

nekretaal.6485

The stomp bonus is huge so the ruins don’t need any ppt.

But how about some gold/exp/karma for taking all 3 ruins and holding them? Surprised this isn’t there already.

#24 leaderboard rank North America.

in WvW

Posted by: Xavi.6591

Xavi.6591

The stomp bonus is huge so the ruins don’t need any ppt.

But how about some gold/exp/karma for taking all 3 ruins and holding them? Surprised this isn’t there already.

The balance problem is that if you make the Ruins rewards too enticing, the zergs, blobs may go there instead.

Fantasme Bloodwen [R.I.P. Mesmer] | Andi Runi [Warrior] | Bonedoggle [Necro] | Zooerasty [Ranger]
Angry Intent [AI] | Yak’s Bend |