Ruins are fail, leagues will be as well.

in WvW

Posted by: Dico.4815

Dico.4815

Ruins are fail, leagues will be as well. Leave your comment if you agree/disagree !

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

Appears the shine is off the ruins now. Not that nobody does them but during our prime I am seeing few fights. My guess is there are virtually no personal rewards for doing them so it becomes a labor of love rather than a rewarding experience.

As for leagues… well the listened and broke them up into 3 divisions so kudos for that. I am going to keep an open mind.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

in WvW

Dico.4815

Its funny to see that the wvw problem is too simple and they dont fix it.

in WvW

Posted by: Zikory.6871

Zikory.6871

Ruins are awesome, I love the new lay out. Its a lot of fun running about and it’s been great to find basically on demand small group fights all night. No Comment on the buff as that will take over the thread then get merged into “that one thread”

As for leagues, keep in mind this is my point of view from Blackgate. I think its going to be a crazy intense season. Right now I have no idea whos going to win, JQ/SoR are beasts in there own right and I have a ton of faith in BG. As for the other 3 TC/FA/? I would think that they wouldn’t agree and will have a completely different out look on the situation. As it stands now they have no chance to win the league, which sucks. I would love for gold league to work out and have this crazy 6 way battle for first but I don’t think it can happen. I just hope it works out the way they intend and not the way we suspect…

[KnT] – Knight Gaming – Blackgate
Zikory – Retired Thief
Zikkro – Zergling Necromancer

in WvW

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

the reason why nobody really cares for the ruins is that ther feel very very disconnected from the rest of wvw. its more of a little spvp esport area….

Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

in WvW

Dico.4815

Ruins aren’t awesome. Not in T1. This concept of PPT is too old, I see many guilds that wants to improve their skill but it is hard with this current meta.

in WvW

Posted by: Thrumdi.9216

Thrumdi.9216

Ruins did break up the BLs by blocking the lake. It does make it a little bit harder to zerg around.

But that’s about it.

Thrumdi, Captain of The Tarnished Coastguard

The ultimate GW2 troll.

in WvW

Posted by: Zenguy.6421

Zenguy.6421

The lack of personal rewards from the ruins means that they really are just another hot-join PvP arena for those that play in them. The only exception would be those few organised guilds which pay for a team to cap/hold the bloodlust buff – but that would be uncommon outside of T1.

Conclusion: nice idea in theory, but not successful in the reality of WvW.

in WvW

Posted by: Nanyetah Elohi.4852

Nanyetah Elohi.4852

Not sure the bloodlust is helping that much when some mini zerg is beating down your doors. What you need is people and siege, and people who stick around long enough to have siege.

For the Toast!

in WvW

Posted by: Blix.8021

Blix.8021

I find less people in the ruins than I ever found in camps/sentries while roaming.

in WvW

Posted by: Nanyetah Elohi.4852

Nanyetah Elohi.4852

sounds like a consensus that bloodlust doesnt really matter that much.

For the Toast!

in WvW

Dico.4815

The orb buff doesnt really matter, the zerg number still better than more stats or skill ( hard to find ) .

in WvW

Posted by: Pendragon.8735

Pendragon.8735

The ruins are far too cramped. Yes there is an open area where the actual cap is, but WW players are used to feinting and circling and using lots of terrain. Many play WvW because they hate the confined wrestling ring like restrictions of sPVP.

The ruins are just a little sPVP conquest area dropped into the middle of a WvW map, its not remotely the same as free range roaming. Not surprised many are growing bored of it already.

Also the Bloodlust buff remains a terrible blight on WvW. Get rid of it.

in WvW

Dico.4815

I find less people in the ruins than I ever found in camps/sentries while roaming.

I thought it was just with me.

in WvW

Posted by: gennyt.3428

gennyt.3428

As much as I despised the Krait infestation, I prefer the lake over the new nodes, the whole borderland just feels jammed up and clustered now. Bleh. I prefer the open feeling the map had.

Whispers with meat.

in WvW

Posted by: Thrumdi.9216

Thrumdi.9216

As much as I despised the Krait infestation, I prefer the lake over the new nodes, the whole borderland just feels jammed up and clustered now. Bleh. I prefer the open feeling the map had.

I disagree with you there.

Underwater combat is a blight on the game, and thankfully mostly removed from WvW. Water was basically there to escape into.

Now, though people don’t actually fight in the ruins that much, there is a lot more territory on the edges for pick-up fights.

Another land-based objective would have been better though.

Thrumdi, Captain of The Tarnished Coastguard

The ultimate GW2 troll.

in WvW

Posted by: Zephyrus.9680

Zephyrus.9680

Leagues are an extension of PPT. And as long as PPT remains meaningless (99% decided from match start by pop/coverage) leagues will be too. If they fixed the PPT system to make it competitive, such as by giving greater rewards from taking objectives from servers with more points, it would be a big step in making PPT a little bit meaningful and competitive.

Until then, no one who understands WvW will really be able to care about PPT or leagues once the tiers are set.

Zefyres – Ele | Maguuma | (ex) top100 solo/teamQ casual | Youtube

in WvW

Posted by: Kalan.9705

Kalan.9705

Ruins had one evenings novelty, but became toxic as soon as I realised the rewards are useless and using my limited playtime on ruins drops one further behind the powercreep grind.

in WvW

Posted by: purplepegasus.2791

purplepegasus.2791

Aha I love the ruins- they add a bit a variety, as well as something to do with a small number of people other than raiding camps.

As for leagues, I think that only time will tell. Considering how they haven’t even started yet, I think that calling them “fail” is a bit premature- honestly though I am quite excited to see what they will be like.

- Tricky Gemini – Mesmer – Jade Quarry -

in WvW

Posted by: Have No Faith In Me.1840

Have No Faith In Me.1840

As for leagues, I think that only time will tell. Considering how they haven’t even started yet, I think that calling them “fail” is a bit premature- honestly though I am quite excited to see what they will be like.

That’s because you’re on JQ (from day 1 or from band wagon yet to be determined), it doesn’t mean anything for JQ/SoR/BG except whoever comes first now gets shiny. For the rest of the servers it means steamroll/blowout and never get the winning reward because of NUMBERS, same as it has been for the last 4 months.

in WvW

Posted by: hugemistake.5317

hugemistake.5317

Europe T1 player here. I rarely see anyone in the ruins. Most of the time the ruins aren’t control by anyone. It seems like sometimes zergs will make a quick stop by a ruin if they’re passing by and they have a minute to spare and that’s it.

The problem are : 1) no personnal reward in a game mode (WvW) that already lacks rewards 2) the design of the area is ridiculous. Instead of a nice open fighting area we got this area clustered with stairs, tunnels, hills etc…

I’m seriously starting to think i prefered the lake. I wish they’d just replace it with some flat land instead. As for the buff, i still don’t see the point of having it but i can’t say i’ve seen any difference.

in WvW

Posted by: Grok.6714

Grok.6714

Well, one Anet goal was achieved at least.

Ruins may be totally useless to the overall WvW meta , but they managed to kill off GvG.

They must congratulate themselves because investing so much time and effort into destroying community organised events was totally worth it…

SFR Forum Warrior Academy

in WvW

Posted by: Meglobob.8620

Meglobob.8620

No one does ruins because there’s no loot there…

Spotted this straight away, so had a look, thought pretty, never went back unless just zerging through to the next target/loot.

I spotted this in half an hour. Why can’t the folks at Anet figure this out?

Really have some bad decision makers at Anet…intelligent people with no common sense (wisdom)perhaps?

in WvW

Posted by: Knote.2904

Knote.2904

I think the BL buff is boring, there should be a more interesting benefit for holding them.

in WvW

Posted by: Profano.9514

Profano.9514

Disagree. Ruins are nice against blob power. Good job Anet, imho.

The Sleeping Bard [TSB] | The Bard, http://bit.ly/1GSrsZu

in WvW

Posted by: Okaishi.8320

Okaishi.8320

I think the main problem with the ruins is how it feels disconnected from the rest of WvW. I’ve been roaming there for a while, and at some point I didn’t really feel like I was playing WvW anymore. And I like roaming, don’t get me wrong, but the layout of the new area makes it so you only go there if you’re interested in capturing the ruins, which seems to be less and less people. It somehow doesn’t feel relevant to WvW, even though the bloodlust buff does give a fairly big advantage. Another thing is that it’s impossible for me to flip the buff as a solo roamer, because when I’m capturing the third point the first one goes neutral.

I think extending the area so the ruins would be in between the keeps where the sentry points are now would have been better, so people actually naturally pass through and fight over it without feeling disjointed with WvW. They could make the center one big ruin with a more important capture point that counts for 2 or something, king of the hill type of thing. It also would’ve been nice if there was an actual reward for the player for capturing those, and I wouldn’t mind having to fight off some NPCs every time I go for one. And I think they should change it so the ruins don’t go neutral if you don’t happen to idly stand inside them.

But that’s my view of how it could be improved, and what feels wrong about it now. All I know is that I hardly go there anymore when roaming, and when I do I rearely ever find anyone to fight.

Member of TUP on Gandara

(edited by Okaishi.8320)

in WvW

Posted by: Traxien Cion.9261

Traxien Cion.9261

Super excited for the league, and I’m from TC. I kinda wish a few of our guilds didn’t jump ship to T1, but whatevz. I’m having a blast in the T1 match ups we’ve been having. It’s sooo much better than accidentally stomping CD and Ebay into the floor.

There are always fights and things to do. Plus, our “fairweathers” are getting used to T1 and showing up more. I think most of the server is actually looking forward to this.

As for the ruins, I don’t really bother with them unless we having nothing else to do. Don’t really notice much of a difference when running into a triple bl group. Organization, composition, and numbers are still king, and it’s not even close.

Traxien Cion – Ranger | Traxien Kills – Warrior | [STUN] | TC Commander

(edited by Traxien Cion.9261)

in WvW

Posted by: incandescence.6784

incandescence.6784

I thought it was cool at first, but nobody goes there so it is boring to be there. It would be fun to set up on cannon and set up some seige and defend them, but you will just sit there for hours with nothing to do; anyone that does come by and get stomped will just avoid the node you are on and it won’t benefit anything anyway. If you have 3 people per node to defend three nodes then that would be fun, but that nine man team could have done a lot of more useful things and will still just get rolled whenever a zerg comes through and decides to spend 3-5 minutes and take the bloodlust nodes.

And I still think the bloodlust buff is lame in principle, but overall what is in the middle of the borderlands now is still an improvement over the krait lake imo.

in WvW

Posted by: Pendragon.8735

Pendragon.8735

They really have to do something else with the ruins, and of course, change Bloodlust.

Right now they are just an after-thought, there isn’t any continual fighting at the ruins. Whenever a big zerg sweeps into a map, they might send a few side forces to go cap the ruins, then they will sit unchanged for a while till the home server grabs them back, which is where they sit most of the time.

Except in highly lopsided matches (which are most sadly), the weaker servers at some point stop bothering to try and take the ruins back because they know the high pop side just has far more people to spend to go do the dirty work of grabbing them back. And that’s all they are right now is a side job or dirty work you do to get those stats.

If Anet thought this was going to be an area to entice roamers are small groups, it has not worked at all, least not in any matches I’ve been in.

in WvW

Dico.4815

It is easy to say that ruins will be fail since we know that low number servers wont have a chance to get rewards/fight against a T1 server. Ruins are fail actually as well. Anyways, I believe that rewards aren’t the problem.

in WvW

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

Disagree. Ruins are nice against blob power. Good job Anet, imho.

it doesnt change anything against blobs at all.the blob simply walks now in a circle around it instead of through it. the same 70 man bolbs as before the change.

Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

(edited by selan.8354)

in WvW

Posted by: scootshoot.6583

scootshoot.6583

Ruins are fail, leagues will be as well. Leave your comment if you agree/disagree !

Depends. What’s YOUR definition of Fail?

in WvW

Posted by: nothing.7941

nothing.7941

Couldn’t disagree more. Bloodlust is fail, but not the ruins. I find small groups in them pretty consistently.

Martin Firestorm, Borlis Pass
Gaile Gray wrote:
Oh wait, read Martin Firestorm, he says it better…

in WvW

Posted by: MistMirage.4706

MistMirage.4706

As for leagues, keep in mind this is my point of view from Blackgate. I think its going to be a crazy intense season. Right now I have no idea whos going to win, JQ/SoR are beasts in there own right and I have a ton of faith in BG.

I don’t think that it’s will be intense. Now we are seeing mass migration guilds between the leagues. I think you have already felt the increase queues time. A couple of weeks after the start of the season we will see the guild migration at winning server. And WvW will calm down – all at the winning server.
This is all passed in real life. So sportsmen transfer after the start of the competition is illegal.

in WvW

Posted by: playandchill.3908

playandchill.3908

Think im gonna give a try 1h or 2 when league starts jsut because my realm ll be exciting as kitten and it could be funny.

Once the Hype is down i wont continue.

[LANI] Multi glad pewpew

QUIT- RETIRED

in WvW

Posted by: The Blind Man.3642

The Blind Man.3642

Can anyone please explain to me why the ruins are so bad? I just can’t wrap my head around it, and these factless, opinionated statements of "Ruins are bad" give me no help in understanding why.

Yak’s Bend Commander

in WvW

Posted by: Juan Ignacio.8903

Juan Ignacio.8903

Can anyone please explain to me why the ruins are so bad? I just can’t wrap my head around it, and these factless, opinionated statements of “Ruins are bad” give me no help in understanding why.

1) design is awful, some classes can easily escape due to terrible terrain. the tree area is plain kitten
2)no rewards, pvcircle is horrible at least in hotjoin u get +10 glory lol,
3)bloodlust is just crap, in zerg figths it doesnt really matter but for 3-2 ppl roaming that take advantage of bad players it does matter like picking of stragglers/spawn camping/luring a zerg (for both sides)

in WvW

Posted by: Asudementio.8526

Asudementio.8526

Ruins aren’t awesome. Not in T1. This concept of PPT is too old, I see many guilds that wants to improve their skill but it is hard with this current meta.

Ruins are plenty awesome in T1, i find good fights there every night as a roamer. PPT works fine, the issue is server balance and rewards. And it is hard to improve with the current meta? Try to fight instead of running away.

Leader of [Suh]
My moves are fresh, like my groceries.
#TeamEvonforever

in WvW

Posted by: Jalad Lantana.3027

Jalad Lantana.3027

[quote=2944053;Thrumdi.9216:]

HOD
Guardian / Ranger / Mesmer / Necro / Warrior
Played since 1st online ‘demo’ months before the BWEs.

in WvW

Posted by: Zikory.6871

Zikory.6871

As for leagues, keep in mind this is my point of view from Blackgate. I think its going to be a crazy intense season. Right now I have no idea whos going to win, JQ/SoR are beasts in there own right and I have a ton of faith in BG.

I don’t think that it’s will be intense. Now we are seeing mass migration guilds between the leagues. I think you have already felt the increase queues time. A couple of weeks after the start of the season we will see the guild migration at winning server. And WvW will calm down – all at the winning server.
This is all passed in real life. So sportsmen transfer after the start of the competition is illegal.

I do think gold league will be intense for sure. There is a lot of rivalry between JQ/SoR/BG and now that there is another random pointless win to go for, I think each server would love to get the first season win and “rub it in the others face” (respectfully of course) Obviously TC/FA/? probably aren’t to pumped about it and I completely understand why but It should be interesting at least.

Queues? Oh yes! I suspect its going to get really really bad when they release the meta achievement. Everyone is going to want to get it and for WvW players it will probably be quite easy so that leaves PvE players (or people that haven’t spent any time in WvW) wondering about trying to get it. I assume this will hurt BG and JQ more than SoR but we all have had our influx of players so we’ll see.

[KnT] – Knight Gaming – Blackgate
Zikory – Retired Thief
Zikkro – Zergling Necromancer

in WvW

Posted by: Swamurabi.7890

Swamurabi.7890

BG/SoR/JQ are everything that’s WRONG with WvW, with the exception of commander UI and map bugs

Buying guilds from lower pop servers.
Queues
Skill lag
Megablobs
Coverage Wars

Season 1 league will be a bigger fail because of it. Season 2 will be worse without some intervention by Anet.

in WvW

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

Cant say much about leagues yet as it has to kick in ( though it wont get my vote )
The ruins is actually nice since it provides more playing ground but the bloodlust buff should be gone cause of the people who wants to do duels/gvg/small group fights etc

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

in WvW

Dico.4815

Ruins are plenty awesome in T1, i find good fights there every night as a roamer. PPT works fine, the issue is server balance and rewards. And it is hard to improve with the current meta? Try to fight instead of running away.

I would love to fight against NOPE. I’ve never seen you before !

(edited by Dico.4815)

in WvW

Dico.4815

Depends. What’s YOUR definition of Fail?

The buff isn’t a must. You can leave the ruins there and nothing is different in the wvw scenery. It is also hard to find good fights there, its easier to find in supply camps/sentries. lol

in WvW

Posted by: Vena.8436

Vena.8436

The buff isn’t a must. You can leave the ruins there and nothing is different in the wvw scenery. It is also hard to find good fights there, its easier to find in supply camps/sentries. lol

I’m not sure what T1 you are playing on, but the buff is most certainly a must and they are most certainly populated.

Vena/Var – Guardian/Thief
[Eon] – Blackgate

in WvW

Dico.4815

I’m not sure what T1 you are playing on, but the buff is most certainly a must and they are most certainly populated.

I’m in the winner server.

in WvW

Vena.8436

The what? Do I assume you’re just trolling at this point?

[Eon] – Blackgate

in WvW

Dico.4815

The what? Do I assume you’re just trolling at this point?

Why ? I am in the server that is winning the current match up.

in WvW

Vena.8436

Why ? I am in the sever that is winning the current match up.

Which tells me little, is it hard to say what server it is… or would that possibly undermine your point by elucidating that either you’re fibbing or are on JQ who is currently stealing candy from small children?

[Eon] – Blackgate

in WvW

Dico.4815

Why ? I am in the sever that is winning the current match up.

Which tells me little, is it hard to say what server it is… or would that possibly undermine your point by elucidating that either you’re fibbing or are on JQ who is currently stealing candy from small children?

Who knows ! Doesnt really matter, the fact is that having or not the buff doesnt make any difference in zerg fights. Numbers still more important.