Ruins of Surmia-Gunnar's Hold-Dzagonur

in WvW

Posted by: Motìerre.8521

Motìerre.8521

Hey girls could you stop complaining. Hate in forums won’t help.

Dont’t worry be happy!

in WvW

Posted by: itsmee.7536

itsmee.7536

I would kindly ask everyone to stop complaining about things we cannot change, otherwise this thread will be closed eventually.

We’ve heard you already, you’re not liking new guilds transferring. No need for the same post by every other member.

Dijla – Charr Warrior
[GoA] Guardians of Arcane – Officer
Ruins of Surmia – Commander

in WvW

Posted by: Steelo.4597

Steelo.4597

we used to have skill lag in a 3 way SM fight on very rare occasions.. now i can only press 1 1 1 1 1 in every fight because nothing else works. and havent seen an enemy siege weapon in days… cant say this kind of gameplay is any fun, getting run over like a hare on the road by giant guild blobs and using 1 button out of 10. i wish surmia will tier up quickly 2-3 tiers because they have no business in these low tiers that used to be about siege wars, small groups ninjaing and stuff… might be fun if we could put out groups of the same quality / size as surmia, but nobody can match those in these tiers atm. props to FRS though, they charge with low numbers and actually still put up siege =)

i fear we will look back to this day and remember the good old wvw as it is now – Jan 2015

in WvW

Posted by: Rhymelark.4396

Rhymelark.4396

Ok lets clear some misconceptions.

We responded to someone saying that we only fight when a fight is 3to1 so we posted a picture of what our group was facing tonight and why we don’t have people running alone on the map to give him his 1vs1.

I then posted a pic in reply to people saying they are just running as 17 and 26. Which as a guild they may be but it is rather pointless to say it when you are running together and have randoms that are with you as well.

Yes indeed you split off from each other once you broke through our defenses the second time. First time you did not. Both times what you did was tactical valid at the time. Since trebbing was clearly not working for RoS or Dz since we have an expert counter trebber in our guild.

Nowhere on this topic were we as Praxium complaining just correcting the false picture people were painting.

@ChroNoS It was spark. One of players went to play the mystic forge game to get it and got really lucky.

My sword is big enough to back my big mouth.
[RPS] & [PRXM] Lippsy
Gunnar’s Hold

(edited by Rhymelark.4396)

in WvW

Posted by: fab.3298

fab.3298

Yeah, we give FRS (formerly part of Xaoc) a lot of hate because of their history with GH but you rarely see them zerg up. It’s a nice surprise given how they used to play when they were here, they’re also getting better from what i’ve seen, lots of respect for those guys.

As for the match-up, sure it’s uneven and unfair but that’s WvW. You need to remember that we done the same to other servers when Xaoc joined us. We’re just going to have to wait it out. Although i do find it funny that they came here to avoid zerging and skill lagg but have introduced both of those to this tier.

Fab The Guardian
[Re] Rerolled

in WvW

Posted by: Ilesyt.7084

Ilesyt.7084

As for the match-up, sure it’s uneven and unfair but that’s WvW. You need to remember that we done the same to other servers when Xaoc joined us. We’re just going to have to wait it out.

Finally someone being honest for once…

Leader of Deus Ex Machina [DEX]
Ruins of Surmia

in WvW

Posted by: Genotix.6804

Genotix.6804

As for the match-up, sure it’s uneven and unfair but that’s WvW. You need to remember that we done the same to other servers when Xaoc joined us. We’re just going to have to wait it out.

Ofcourse he is honest and we actually apologised to our opponents for ruining the matchup on several occasions.
We didn’t invent even numbers and that our opponents were blobbing to face us:)
Oh we didn’t mock our opponents either.

in WvW

Posted by: daweed.6520

daweed.6520

I move that we use this as a disclaimer in the opening of every thread..and as a reply to those that choose to ignore it.

--------------------------------------------------------------

[b]This is not a place to showcase your bickering skills.

The sooner you get used to the idea that you have no saying on how others choose to play the game, the better it will be for everyone.

This includes but is not limited to :

Lawful (ie. abiding to the Terms and Conditions) tactics used in battle, moving servers, night crews, [Insert popular QQ reason here] etc.

Have fun - [Insert Green/Blue/Red server names here] [/b]

--------------------------------------------------------------

RoS Eng/Guard/War/Thief/Mesm
" I don’t discriminate. I hate all of you equally…"

(edited by daweed.6520)

in WvW

Ilesyt.7084

Ofcourse he is honest and we actually apologised to our opponents for ruining the matchup on several occasions.
We didn’t invent even numbers and that our opponents were blobbing to face us:)
Oh we didn’t mock our opponents either.

Congratz, you guys are whining saints, now could also stop the whining, that would be awesome.

Ruins of Surmia

in WvW

Posted by: VicisPatronus.5418

VicisPatronus.5418

Really, Rest of Seafarer had to call in further guilds?

Two guilds from SFR join and we are labeled as that…lol

And we are not calling over guilds to join RoS. This is the first time i have seen XxX on the server.

Main problem isn’t only SFR, besides it will be 3 soon if it isn’t already. I think it would be safe to say that you’ve added around 100+ very active wvw players over the last 1-2 weeks. And during that time we’ve lost an important guild, and will soon lose another one to you.

Commander for [MM] on Gunnars Hold

in WvW

VicisPatronus.5418

Guys from Surmia you have a lot of things completely screwed up. XxX being aroung 15 players? LMFAO. Surmia has now become the Justin Bieber of Guild Wars 2. You guys are hilliarious, you are talking as if there are some minor adjustments with all the new guilds. All we run into are big guilds that recently transferred, if it isn’t Vcy+XxX it’s Riot+Votf. So don’t give us that crap. If by “having” good fights mean completely outnumber your opponent, well then congrats. Then you’ve been successful. Everytime we wipe one of the big guilds another one comes.

in WvW

Posted by: alkalone.5798

alkalone.5798

Very hard reset on RoS BL.
There was 1 big zerg by GH and an other one by Dzagonur.
We were playing with FRS but double focus due to the situation was very hard. We had some great fights at hills and Garrison.
PrxM tryed to came close to midnight, I think they won’t come again ;p

[MoS] Alkalone | Vizunah Square

in WvW

Genotix.6804

Very hard reset on RoS BL.
There was 1 big zerg by GH and an other one by Dzagonur.
We were playing with FRS but double focus due to the situation was very hard. We had some great fights at hills and Garrison.
PrxM tryed to came close to midnight, I think they won’t come again ;p

I am sure you guys will do just fine:)
I can understand how it feels to be outmanned and facing the gigantic enemy blob but in the end this will make you stronger in the future. Keep the faith:)

in WvW

Posted by: niedawow.6725

niedawow.6725

Guys from Surmia you have a lot of things completely screwed up. XxX being aroung 15 players? LMFAO. Surmia has now become the Justin Bieber of Guild Wars 2. You guys are hilliarious, you are talking as if there are some minor adjustments with all the new guilds. All we run into are big guilds that recently transferred, if it isn’t Vcy+XxX it’s Riot+Votf. So don’t give us that crap. If by “having” good fights mean completely outnumber your opponent, well then congrats. Then you’ve been successful. Everytime we wipe one of the big guilds another one comes.

I will take the time to answer this. XxX is a small, but very dedicated guild of WvW players. Our roster is smaller than 30, our group – smaller than 20. We fielded 17 yesterday.

We have much respect for open field battles against organized groups or bigger PUG groups. We DO NOT wish to run along side any other group, which sadly would have happened if we stayed on Gandara, where our opponents blobed up using multiple guild groups to chase and battle us. The only time we met VcY on the field was at the GH garrison. SoR would have lost the garrison, because GH had way bigger group. We fought you off fair and square.

You will meet us on the battlefield almost every night running alone. Fight us, respect us and you will get the opposite in exchange too. We look forward fighting you, dying to you and most certainly killing you

Gimpo Exitus – proud guardian

in WvW

Posted by: Sird.4536

Sird.4536

Noone can control who joins and who doesn’t. We didn’t come over to RoS and then decided to call over everyone else. We will soon be out of this tier so you wont have to worry anymore. Until then have fun in anyway you can.

Sorry to those SOE dolyaks yesterday :p

RP enthusiast

in WvW

Posted by: Hyung.6140

Hyung.6140

—-
Hyinna, Gunnars Hold
[Ub] – My Life for Alesia

in WvW

Genotix.6804

For that i can agree, you can’t control who joins a server and i am sure you didn’t call other guilds to join ros.
I am sure also that when this joke of a match will be over, everybody will be happier atleast we will

in WvW

VicisPatronus.5418

No one can control it? No, but there’s thing thing called active recruiting. Maybe you’ve missed that one.

in WvW

Posted by: ragas.1843

ragas.1843

guys c,mon don’t hate the players hate the game.i i’m also against the transfer’s but we ( players ) cannot control that so atm is a bit (deal with it).
this was already said that we been in sfr and with FREE TRANSFER’S load’s of ’’pug’s’’ and also small guild’s move to sfr when we was on t1,why does guild’s did not join server’s the run with small groups??i tell you why they went to t1 for the glory,and they ruin the t1 guild’s that like to play as guild’s we all know the huge number’s of member’s on t1 guild ,so the only way that does guild’s start to play as guild was drop tiers,we don’t want move RoS to t1 because it will make no sense we want nice fight’s no matter what tier ,i see other server’s got good number’s too and i believe with a good tactic and organized players you cant make a stand and maybe even win,we are not imortals. going to put this in caps sorry for that
THIS IS MY OPINION NOTHING TO DO WITH MY GUILD
and again don’t hate the players hate the game
about match up good luck to all servers have fun

Micro[VcY]call center manager

in WvW

Posted by: Edeor.9720

Edeor.9720

We DO NOT wish to run along side any other group, which sadly would have happened if we stayed on Gandara, where our opponents blobed up using multiple guild groups to chase and battle us.

Like I said in the other 3d, if this was your intent, then you made a wrong choise. In a couple of weeks you’ll be back in the tier of FSP, or Aurora Gandara, and you’ll end upto the starting point, overwhelmed by blobs.

There are seven English server in the lower tiers, moving en masse to the same server is clearly not the best choice. Don’t you think?

Kareha Silverwind – mesmer of Clan McBenwick (Gunnar’s Hold)

in WvW

Posted by: gagi.4012

gagi.4012

We have conflict of different standards here now, big higher tier based guilds see wvw much differently then people playing in lower tiers ex. Gunnar’s Hold

Ros guild u have ur issues and that is huge blobs 70+, lags…

We at other hand consider 30 to 40 man group a huge zerg and stupid name blob, we consider lag and fps drop when big organized group charrge and blind everything with spell effect cos we cant figure whats going on as we dont have much expirience in that fights….
We intentionaly play on lower populated server so now we have same issues u had in tier 1 just from different waypoint and same resaon why u all left ur precious tier one servers and communitys, (u must understand frustration)…. but we have no where to go and we have nothing to do now… im not whining and crying just a fact

Most of our guys cant play game they like atm so they write here to vent a bit, let them and dont comment much please…

As far as match goes xxx guild was surpise, 40+ VcY we saw made us instanty change map…. as long as im commander of our puggys <3 ill tell them not to fight 40+ vcy group, its stupid and pointless for us… Group with me decided we try having fun at ros bl and we had great time, some wins some losses, nice clashes with nom guild, one good fight with nom + xxx on bay north cliff, we had our inventory full couple of times yay it was nice to see xxx in action from far watched their clips once to learn some tricks, very impressive group…. tryed to lure them in fight with us but they didnt attacked us
I doubt im gonna be having much playtime this week cos i want balanced matchup dont enjoy been dominant or trashed side, hated when we had many new guilds on GH when we stomped others few months ago, hate it now, so i hope ros guys dont get tooo bored fighting doors would be shame.

And also to dex and goa u r just small guilds on big server now and ur influence of final score is so small, so not much need to boost much and tell people from our server to shut up, go flip some camps and use some trebs and carry some supply.

Gwyn Blaidd – Last Flight of The Crow (CROW)
H A R D (CORE) Gunnar’s hold http://lastflightofthecrow.webs.com/

in WvW

Sird.4536

No one can control it? No, but there’s thing thing called active recruiting. Maybe you’ve missed that one.

We are not actively recruiting guilds to join RoS. If we were then we would have called over the whole SFR WvW alliance.

RP enthusiast

in WvW

Posted by: Syruz.2673

Syruz.2673

Good luck and have fun every one.
Nice fights last night.
Good to be back

Greez from Dzagonur

Cansy Candy
[GDA]
Dzagonur

in WvW

Posted by: Jimmy JimBob.2801

Jimmy JimBob.2801

We have conflict of different standards here now, big higher tier based guilds see wvw much differently then people playing in lower tiers ex. Gunnar’s Hold

Ros guild u have ur issues and that is huge blobs 70+, lags…

We at other hand consider 30 to 40 man group a huge zerg and stupid name blob, we consider lag and fps drop when big organized group charrge and blind everything with spell effect cos we cant figure whats going on as we dont have much expirience in that fights….
We intentionaly play on lower populated server so now we have same issues u had in tier 1 just from different waypoint and same resaon why u all left ur precious tier one servers and communitys, (u must understand frustration)…. but we have no where to go and we have nothing to do now… im not whining and crying just a fact

Most of our guys cant play game they like atm so they write here to vent a bit, let them and dont comment much please…

As far as match goes xxx guild was surpise, 40+ VcY we saw made us instanty change map…. as long as im commander of our puggys <3 ill tell them not to fight 40+ vcy group, its stupid and pointless for us… Group with me decided we try having fun at ros bl and we had great time, some wins some losses, nice clashes with nom guild, one good fight with nom + xxx on bay north cliff, we had our inventory full couple of times yay it was nice to see xxx in action from far watched their clips once to learn some tricks, very impressive group…. tryed to lure them in fight with us but they didnt attacked us
I doubt im gonna be having much playtime this week cos i want balanced matchup dont enjoy been dominant or trashed side, hated when we had many new guilds on GH when we stomped others few months ago, hate it now, so i hope ros guys dont get tooo bored fighting doors would be shame.

And also to dex and goa u r just small guilds on big server now and ur influence of final score is so small, so not much need to boost much and tell people from our server to shut up, go flip some camps and use some trebs and carry some supply.

This hits the nail on the head for me, and it’s not whining it’s stating a fact.

We neither have the guilds nor the desire to fight you guys in 40 vs 40, as Peter from RiOT can attest to when he came to scout GH. I specifically mentioned to him on voice that we as a server are very resentful of fighting in a big group. We have a lot of medium sized guilds that like to do their own thing and “blobbing” actively goes against what we are trying to get from this game.

So while I won’t be “giving up” this week, I highly doubt the Surmia guilds will get the good fights they apparently crave because I don’t think we’ll be fighting your zergs. If you bring a huge force to our bl you can have lots of fun PvDing it all down because we’ll be somewhere else – probably fighting Dzag who we know always give us a good fight.

My main worry is that Surmia won’t get enough points to get out this week. I sincerely hope you do, but if you don’t then at least we’ll be securing a better week in T8. Genuinely am a bit jealous of RoF atm.

in WvW

Genotix.6804

I am rooting for RoS aswell Jimmy.
I am having nightmares that we will have to endure this madness in game and at the forums for one more week.

(edited by Genotix.6804)

in WvW

Posted by: Aneu.1748

Aneu.1748

Can people start to clarify who their aiming that vitriol at. I appreciate that people prefer smaller fights, that is one of the main reasons VoTF came to this tier, that and the fact we were sick of the monotony of the turtle gaming ethos that many started to adopt in T1.

Last night on reset VoTF ran without all of its numbers in an attempt to show our intentions. We had randoms attempt to follow us at which point we asked them kindly to leave us be, we teleported around quite a bit in order to retain just our numbers and no pugs. We engaged multiple forces larger than ourselves on EB and at one point near Valley keep we had a good 3 way going near the choke point that goes towards the west gate and both sides kept coming back time and again, it was great fun and I have huge respect for those who fought there and decided to come back.

Then we decided to take a keep and noticed one of our friendly commanders required some assistance but before we could get there they unfortunately wiped at valley keep, so we went in via the water gate and got into the lords room, wiped what was around and took the keep, held it for a little while then went up to the vista and sat there while GH took it back then we dropped down and fought against the continually re-spawning enemy to test ourselves – and it was great fun! Exactly what we want from a tier. (It also showed us how terrible rangers are since Genev died so much!) We re-took the keep then moved out to assist RIOT at bay inner on Dzagonur BL.

We did all this with less than 30 people, we kept it as low as possible at all times and appreciate far more than most how smaller fights are better than zerging. So please, when you are making pointed comments indicating “those guilds” or “that blob” please indicate to whom you refer.

Aneu | [VoTF]
http://www.votf.net

(edited by Aneu.1748)

in WvW

Posted by: sendmark.4731

sendmark.4731

Well atm RoS miles off doing well enough to get to tier 6, RoF miles off doing well enough to push someone into tier 8. Although I suspect true imbalance will only show itself Sunday night onwards, when night-time /daycapping of RoS russians/americans will show itself, leading to primetime of wood vs fortified and fewer casual players to fight wvw guilds.

(edited by sendmark.4731)

in WvW

Edeor.9720

Can people start to clarify who their aiming that vitriol at. I appreciate that people prefer smaller fights, that is one of the main reasons VoTF came to this tier, that and the fact we were sick of the monotony of the turtle gaming ethos that many started to adopt in T1.

So, you left T1, moving on a server chosen by many other high tier’s guilds, because you wanted to avoid turtle gaming. Yeah, it makes sense!

in WvW

Posted by: Genev.2450

Genev.2450

(It also showed us how terrible rangers are since Genev died so much!)

You decided to jump up a roof while I was drunk! Yeah, that wasn’t going to work :p

in WvW

Aneu.1748

So, you left T1, moving on a server chosen by many other high tier’s guilds, because you wanted to avoid turtle gaming. Yeah, it makes sense!

Other than to troll why are you in this thread, on top of that if you had experienced the kind of turtling we had in Tier 1, Vizunah turn tail and run at almost every opportunity, they were using tripple veil in order to get passed us an into their keep/tower (didnt really work well for them) and were attempting to avoid any form of combat as much as possible. Leg specialist warriors on arrowcarts, warriors using banner on lord time and time again, glitching into walls, the amount of arrowcarts being used was insane! and now Arenanet decide to buff arrowcarts by giving them their own trait line! The outcome of their tactics was stagnation and boredom. Blueballing can only happen for so long before people simply give up on a game.

You may consider the above fun but we certainly dont.

Aneu | [VoTF]

(edited by Aneu.1748)

in WvW

Sird.4536

VcY, RiOT and VotF are the only ones to come from a higher tier
The other guilds only moved down a few places or moves up. And do you even know what turtle gaming is?

RP enthusiast

in WvW

Genotix.6804

The other guilds only moved down a few places or moves up. And do you even know what turtle gaming is?

Not that it makes much difference but FIRE was a tier 1 guild also and xxx are from a higher tier also.

in WvW

Aneu.1748

Not that it makes much difference but FIRE was a tier 1 guild also and xxx are from a higher tier also.

If it doesnt make much difference then why mention it? As far as im aware some of these guilds were in tier 1 then dropped down and have now come here. Just because they were once in Tier 1 doesnt mean diddly squat!

What does it matter if guilds come from Tier 1, Tier 10, Tier 9000! Tiers are not indicative of skill level so once again why mention tiers at all.

Aneu | [VoTF]

in WvW

Sird.4536

XxX were what, 2 tiers above. What im getting from reading all this is T1 guilds coming down.

RP enthusiast

in WvW

Posted by: Jeddite.8620

Jeddite.8620

i think we need more pic and some vids to show themself what they are doing in game.

in WvW

Ilesyt.7084

Well I’ll be leveling my Warrior for now…

Ruins of Surmia

in WvW

Genotix.6804

If it doesnt make much difference then why mention it? As far as im aware some of these guilds were in tier 1 then dropped down and have now come here. Just because they were once in Tier 1 doesnt mean diddly squat!

What does it matter if guilds come from Tier 1, Tier 10, Tier 9000! Tiers are not indicative of skill level so once again why mention tiers at all.

Apparently it means you guys are used to big fights while we are not and frankly not many of us care to get used to.
It means that those servers were you came from are more wvw oriented while the servers we are currently playing used to be more casual.
An example was a post from a guy, sorry i don’t remember his name, that was something like “those guilds that transfer can field about 100 players, it is no big deal they can only fill a border” while on our server 100 people are probably more than our reset force.
But hey i don’t personally have a problem with you guys.
If i was at your place though i would have done a better research and i would have tried not go where other guilds that their size alone can flip the balance of a matchup.
But i cannot accuse you, you said you went to the server that it was best for your community and you seem to be having fun here.
Do i enjoy your presence here? Not at all but ofc you don’t give a dime if i enjoy it or not and you shouldn’t.

in WvW

VicisPatronus.5418

I wont do any WvW until Surmia moves up. It’s a waste of my time. You can talk tactics all you want, but we can’t man 4 maps with that many people running around. And I know for a fact that Surmia are trying to recruit. And isn’t it quite the coincidence that so many WvW-guilds have switched to Surmia? You guys are talking as if it’s just 3 from T1, and that’s it in total. You’ve easily gotten 100+ new WvW players in relation to us, and to think that it can just be solved with “tactics” is just foolish.

in WvW

Ilesyt.7084

And I know for a fact that Surmia are trying to recruit.

And what is the source of your statement ? Cause I would like to know that too since we agreed in our meeting that we didn’t want any more transfers to our server…

Ruins of Surmia

in WvW

VicisPatronus.5418

And I know for a fact that Surmia are trying to recruit.

And what is the source of your statement ? Cause I would like to know that too since we agreed in our meeting that we didn’t want any more transfers to our server…

I have friends from different guilds on your server. Just because you agree on something on a meeting doesn’t mean that other guilds don’t try to lure over friends.

in WvW

Ilesyt.7084

Right and did these friends of yours mentioned who was actively recruiting and how they got this particular information.

And as far as I know, FRS haven’t done anything like that except they did want a certain GH commander that was their friend to join them :p

Ruins of Surmia

in WvW

Edeor.9720

VcY
Riot
VoTF
xxx
fire/flare
frs

Try again mate (oh you also need to add to the list the guilds who have moved to RoS from Blacktide).

By the way I’ll tell you a secret, everyone knows the turtle tactics… but do not tell this to the others, it’s a secret!

in WvW

Ilesyt.7084

There are no guilds from BT that moved to RoS…

Ruins of Surmia

in WvW

VicisPatronus.5418

I didn’t say that FRS did it. And I have no reason to tell any of you which ones I’m in contact with. I’ve had people asking me to join Surmia, but it aint gonna happen. You can question all you want, it makes no difference to me. I’m just saying that it’s lame. Besides there’s another way of doing it too, that you may not have considered.

in WvW

Edeor.9720

There are no guilds from BT that moved to RoS…

AFAIK an entire alliance had moved on RoS from Blacktide some time ago, if they’ve gone it’s better, but they were on RoS 1 month ago.

in WvW

Ilesyt.7084

Yeah… They’ve left over a month ago now… The only ones left from that are PG who come to WvW sometimes.

If you’re going to go there, before all thise RoS had 2 guilds and other small guilds, and the 2 guilds were less than 70-80 players. And we can only put out 10-15 players on primetime…

Your guys stating that Transfers are evil is wrong because without them we would’ve been stuck in t9, maybe able to tier up to t8 but otherwise stuck in the t9 pit similar to SF because the point difference would’ve been too big.
And because the Alliance moved to us, we were able to get stronger and grow, sure they almost all left (one of the guilds is now in GH btw). But because of them we got stronger and now we got the recent transfers too and it will make us stronger too but we don’t want anymore transfers or we’ll just become SFR v2.

We’re also not making rosters on when a guild should do a guild Raid, it’s all laid back and we’re having fun without making it our job.

Ruins of Surmia

(edited by Ilesyt.7084)

in WvW

Edeor.9720

Yeah… They’ve left over a month ago now…

Ah ok, I didn’t know this. Where did they go? Wait … I bet Piken Square, right?

in WvW

Ilesyt.7084

Yes many went to PS and 1 even went to FSP.

Ruins of Surmia

in WvW

Posted by: Ipea.2974

Ipea.2974

Its ok everyone we all just need to…….

KCCO

in WvW

Posted by: Caic.3517

Caic.3517