Rune of the Tempest Question?

in WvW

Posted by: Taobella.6597

Taobella.6597

If you stun break an allies does it count as heal trigger? like say you stun break 5 players will heal proc 5 times over?

in WvW

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

no its just one proc from your character. it scales pretty solidly with healing power though.

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

in WvW

Taobella.6597

Oh i just curious to why it worth so much gold on trading post i thought overlooking something thanks : )

in WvW

Posted by: Spartacus.3192

Spartacus.3192

Its a strong rune if you have low CD stunbreaks.

Your typical average gamer -
“Buff my main class, nerf everything else. "

in WvW

Taobella.6597

Hmm good point : )

in WvW

Posted by: babazhook.6805

babazhook.6805

I suppose if you use on a warrior with rousing resilience traited you can get some nice heals on a stun break.

in WvW

Spartacus.3192

I suppose if you use on a warrior with rousing resilience traited you can get some nice heals on a stun break.

yup, but Durability or Defender runes are much better for warrior (roaming)

in WvW

babazhook.6805

yup, but Durability or Defender runes are much better for warrior (roaming)

Not having tried them I will reserve opinion.

From what I see there no cooldown on the extra heal on the tempest runes so the base heal is higher then Defender . Defender has that added regen and the Aegis but the heal on a 30 second cooldown. That Aegis also comes at the expense of using a heal which you might not want to do if you traited with Signet.

On the surface those two look competitive especially if you put Tempest on a roaming condition build as they give 15 percent added condition duration whereas the only stat benefiting off Defender is the heal.

The heal on the tempest also hits allies so unless there in fact a cooldown for that stunbreak heal , the raw heals from Tempest should be significantly greater. A bunker type build that might work is one using Rousing resileince in a Condition build wherein one uses Settler stats on armors. In theory you can push a stunbreak heal on self near 5k every time you break stun.

(edited by babazhook.6805)

in WvW

Spartacus.3192

ive used all 3 runes and my preferred for small group roaming is still durability while using some boon duration armor. When roaming in a 5 man group where at least 3 of you have durability runes, you will have over 60% uptime on protection and regen.

With defender runes and using a sigil of concentration on the shield I will have permanent regen boon if I use my shield 5 properly.

Tempest rune problem is that you almost want to drop Eternal Champion for bloody roar other wise the stability uptime is so good you will rarely need to use a stun break and so you don’t really get the heal that often.

in WvW

Taobella.6597

that ok i was looking at this rune set more for rev then warrior

in WvW

babazhook.6805

ive used all 3 runes and my preferred for small group roaming is still durability while using some boon duration armor. When roaming in a 5 man group where at least 3 of you have durability runes, you will have over 60% uptime on protection and regen.

With defender runes and using a sigil of concentration on the shield I will have permanent regen boon if I use my shield 5 properly.

Tempest rune problem is that you almost want to drop Eternal Champion for bloody roar other wise the stability uptime is so good you will rarely need to use a stun break and so you don’t really get the heal that often.

I currently use Durability power warrior. When I suggested Tempest it for a condition warrior who would use king of Fires as GM trait so would get stunned more as there low stability. They would break stuns via outrage and savage instinct.

Needless to say Condi cleanse would be low if they took rousing over cleansing ire meaning said warrior might have to find another means to hep with that (ie sigils)

in theory you would get stunned a lot and can recover from the same with a break stun frequently for that 1000 armor and tempest/rousing heal.

Alernatively you can get take that cleansing ire yet still get a nice heal off a stun break via the tempest rune. The heal should be close to what a shout warrior might get.

A break stun on a shout with a shout heal warrior in these runes traited for rousing could be interesting as well but I am not sure it doable without losing too much damage.

This a build IN THEORY. the stun break heal off tempest would be about 2200 per break added to those others.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vJAQJAsfnMdAdhgdeAmkCElilrA7d0eabtJXgsWJAJAkASdA-TVhgABiq8DA9AvqEkD1fUc/BSB8tYL-w

(edited by babazhook.6805)