Running away from duels

Running away from duels

in WvW

Posted by: Nanyetah Elohi.4852

Nanyetah Elohi.4852

Not in WvW to duel you. I’m there to make your side lose. Getting you and other big brave ‘roamers’ off our yaks by any means available whether or not it hurts your feelings will help with that.

For the Toast!

Running away from duels

in WvW

Posted by: Steelo.4597

Steelo.4597

i run from perplexity engis #kittennOP

i fear we will look back to this day and remember the good old wvw as it is now – Jan 2015

Running away from duels

in WvW

Posted by: Wanderer.3248

Wanderer.3248

What is your opinion on people that flee a fair duel once they realize they will lose? thieves and mesmers vanishing and warriors flying away are probably the main culprits here.

I solo roam a lot and I see a lot of people not just fleeing the duel once they start losing, but trying to aggro guards or even bring their friends into a 1vs1 duel.

All is fair in love and pvp, or is it cowardly?

This is a war, not a barn dance. If you’re built and geared for solo roaming it probably wasn’t a fair fight to start with.

Running away from duels

in WvW

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

@OP: Why do you care so much? If someone runs away, they are obviously doing it because they are less talented than you. Enjoy the victory.

Running away from duels

in WvW

Posted by: Steelo.4597

Steelo.4597

What’s your opinion on condition-meta specced solo roamers that are otherwise completely useless to their server, but like to target and single out group-play specced folks running back to their guild / zerg?

if it was only us solo roamers no commanders, no organized groups… wvw would be AWESOME but some scrubs who cant hold themselves in a fight need to gang up to overpower others.. so guilds and zerg emerged. was a lot more fun in the early days. basically like now when there is no commander – except the enemy didnt have a commander either, coordination was only on map chat, everyone did wtf they wanted and it was one big kitten y fun for everyone.

i fear we will look back to this day and remember the good old wvw as it is now – Jan 2015

Running away from duels

in WvW

Posted by: roamzero.9486

roamzero.9486

The worst offenders are usually Warriors. At least with Thieves, if they run/give up its usually within the first 30s of the fight. It can take over a minute to wittle down a Warrior’s health before they baby-mode it and twirl away with their GS. As for Mesmers, they are usually easy to chase.

Running away from duels

in WvW

Posted by: Iluth.6875

Iluth.6875

Depends if you’re talking about duels or 1v1s. As far as I understand it, there is no stomping in duels. Whoever is downed first loses.

As for 1v1, whoever runs away loses.

@OP: Why do you care so much? If someone runs away, they are obviously doing it because they are less talented than you. Enjoy the victory.

I wouldn’t say that much is obvious, maybe the other player has a balanced spec instead of roaming spec. I have a roamer and I find it disgusting that I can down other players in 1-2 seconds.

Anyone that runs from me is running from my cookie cutter spec and gear. I don’t fluff my ego pretending that I’m so talented that they can’t compete with it.

(edited by Iluth.6875)

Running away from duels

in WvW

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

I roam as a Necromancer. People who run from me irritate me in ways words cannot explain. Fortunately they don’t usually get the chance to, but as far as my opinion goes on people running from duels I would have to say I think; all is fair in love and war. Although I personally find it extremely cowardly, there are also no rules prohibiting it. If someone runs from me and they escape, I just make a mental note of their guild tag, character and rank so that if I see them again I won’t be so gentle.
On the subject of running though.. I once had a Mesmer who decided to sit in among the NPC’s at a camp when outside of the camp it would have been just her and I. I was thinking to myself “you’re a Mesmer… Do you really need to make more targets for me?” Then she parties me and says “hi.” I ask why she won’t come and duel me and she says because she’s bad… I thought she was being sarcastic but… I ended up taking the camp as well as her by myself… She then unpartied me and WP’d, lol.
People amaze me sometimes…

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

Running away from duels

in WvW

SpellOfIniquity.1780

Depends if you’re talking about duels or 1v1s. As far as I understand it, there is no stomping in duels. Whoever is downed first loses.

As for 1v1, whoever runs away loses.

Agreed. In this context I’ve never personally had anyone run from an actual duel. One where a /bow took place before the fight. If someone ever ran from a fight like that… Lol, well I’d probably hunt them down until I could finish the job.

Running away from duels

in WvW

Posted by: Bigsexy.8302

Bigsexy.8302

top kek
pu mesmer cheese is all about the skill and talent.

Running away from duels

in WvW

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

Wow. A lot of people who run away are in this thread.

Running away from duels

in WvW

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

Wow. A lot of people who run away are in this thread.

You came to add yourself to the numbers? :P

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

Running away from duels

in WvW

Posted by: ozmaniandevil.6805

ozmaniandevil.6805

I just don’t know if WvW is the place for a formal duel anyway because random roamers can come by at any time and intervene thinking they’re simply helping a fellow player. Seems there is a specific area where people CAN duel so just go there. I agree if your opponent runs you are obviously the winner, regardless of how unsatisfying the result may be.

Isle of Janthir – Knights of the Rose (KoR)

(edited by ozmaniandevil.6805)

Running away from duels

in WvW

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

^ Yeah, I actually did that once. One time I also came across a Thief and a Warrior fighting in the open field. I joined in the battle, but the Warrior (my ally) stopped attacking the Thief and told me to stop since they were dueling. I stopped at that, /bowed and went on my way after observing for a while. (They were REALLY good. Either of them could have crushed me in seconds.)

I generally don’t duel. I’m a terrible PvP player and I know it, but sometimes I do get into 1v1 fights when I’m out completing Dailies in WvW. If the player takes the time to /bow or indicate that they’re wanting a non-lethal duel, I’ll respect it, but if they just jump me with no warning then I’m going to use every dirty trick at my disposal to win.

Once I was trying to cap a Generator in EotM by myself. I’d killed the Vet Elemental and was halfway through capping it when a Thief showed up and attacked me. (Maybe they were trying to cap the Generator for themselves, who knows?) We danced back and forth for a while, me almost killing him once time, him almost killing me twice. But what the Thief didn’t know was that every time he retreated to stealth and heal, he was giving me cap time. In the end, he came darn close to killing me, but I knocked him away using Stomp, capped the Generator, and the RI Vet Elemental downed him with a single hit (he was also low on health).

Since there wasn’t any indication it was a duel, I stomped the Thief, but I saluted his corpse afterwards for a well-fought battle.

Running away from duels

in WvW

SpellOfIniquity.1780

Not engaging is fine of course, I’m talking about situations where both parties happily engage each other 1vs1 but then resort to fleeing or calling for help once they start losing.

When I see someone solo, I always engage.
This mainly because Ive only just gotten into roaming (and I need practice).
I accept my death/defeat. Though as I said above, I mostly get teamed (or even ran over by a zerg) if I lose.

Why should I care about dying? Honor? Lol…
Repair costs? Nu-uh free!

So I don’t see a point in running either, except the fact you might have to run all the way back lol.

^ You and I both on the accepting death thing. When roaming, you have to learn that it’s risky business. Zergs or havoc groups can roll through at any time and steamroll you. That’s what makes it exciting though. I don’t see what’s fun about running in massive blobs and either getting a few dozen kills or being just another casualty. I prefer to be that person a seasoned roamer recognizes because they’ve seen me many times, and maybe even call me out specifically in their /map when they see me headed somewhere. If it begins a 1v1 and more join, you can run or you can test your limits. No repair costs and maybe a slightly bruised morale if you lose, who cares.

Running away from duels

in WvW

Nanyetah Elohi.4852

who gives a frak about roamers feelings. They don’t contribute that much to anything but themselves.

They kill a few yaks and people trying to get back to their tag, but that is not much more respectable than trolling.

For the Toast!

Running away from duels

in WvW

Posted by: Vavume.8065

Vavume.8065

If you both /bow then its a duel and should be honoured by staying and fighting to the death, but otherwise its just a 1 v 1 and there and no rules here, as a thief I will reset a fight until it works in my favour, and I really do not care how many times I need to reset it until I either win or decide to leave.

Running away from duels

in WvW

Posted by: lorndarken.3702

lorndarken.3702

Lure those random 1v1’s into guards, off cliffs, into your zerg and then watch them come on forums and qq about ‘fairness’.

If it’s a proper duel then whoever doesn’t run is the moral victor if the other bugs out. If it’s a random encounter then there are no rules- and most likely one is buffed, bloodlust, etc and specced for solo roaming and the other is most likely just on their way back to their group, which hardly makes it a ‘fair’ fight anyway.

I frequently attack roamers, groups of roamers, etc and make them angry so they forget what they were doing and chase me around the map:-)

how often do you engage legit duels ?

Running away from duels

in WvW

Posted by: Jong.5937

Jong.5937

Duel or not I will never understand the cowardice of someone who runs from a 1v1.

You are either trolling or you have not read this thread. WvW is not 1v1 PvP. Different classes have different roles. Many are totally ill suited to duelling. A thief who thinks he is some leet warrior for taking down a heal guard is sadly misguided!

Running to save stacks and/or stay in place, e.g. to scout a tower, is not cowardice it is common sense. Senselessly dying, so you have to run back from spawn with weakened vitality and attack would be a dereliction of duty!

Ditto!

Piken Square

(edited by Jong.5937)

Running away from duels

in WvW

Posted by: CrimsonNeonite.1048

CrimsonNeonite.1048

who gives a frak about roamers feelings. They don’t contribute that much to anything but themselves.

They kill a few yaks and people trying to get back to their tag, but that is not much more respectable than trolling.

I kinda know what you mean when there are narcissitic ones who think they’re from Team Awesome as though they are gods gift to roaming scene, not all are baddies though – some just want to have fun and they can make a small but important contribution.

Fair and quality fights is hard to come by in WvW because there are so many variables; enjoy whatever fights you can find, you can learn from unless you go up against the most OP builds.

Emoting and griefing is just bad sportsmanship unless you were aggravated, that’s often the case in wvw because alot of kittens.
Everybody of course starts a true duel by bowing and at the end you expect people to act respectfully.

Scrubio
Plays completely opposite professions to his main Teef.

(edited by CrimsonNeonite.1048)

Running away from duels

in WvW

Posted by: Fhaeris.9237

Fhaeris.9237

Wow at people in this thread desperately trying to justify their cowardice.
If you engage a 1v1 and then you run away, you’re a coward. Period. Fight and die like a man.
I recently had this warrior that saw me with like 30% hp left and decided to attack me, thinking I was an easy kill. After 30 seconds of battle I was back to full health, while he was dropped to like 20%, when he decided to flee. I /laughed so hard at him.

Running away from duels

in WvW

Jong.5937

I would laugh too . He tried, he failed…… miserably.

Piken Square

Running away from duels

in WvW

Posted by: Tom Gore.4035

Tom Gore.4035

If you engage a 1v1 and then you run away, you’re a coward. Period. Fight and die like a man.
I recently had this warrior that saw me with like 30% hp left and decided to attack me, thinking I was an easy kill. After 30 seconds of battle I was back to full health, while he was dropped to like 20%, when he decided to flee. I /laughed so hard at him.

I’ll choose smart and alive over brave and dead any day. If I don’t mind getting a trip back to spawn I might stay in a losing battle. Other than that, it’s just plain stupid to remain in a fight which you obviously cannot win.

Seriously if you’re so worked up about people running from you in 1v1, play sPvP. At least you’ll get the cap point then.

One – Piken Square

Running away from duels

in WvW

SpellOfIniquity.1780

Ikr? How long does it really take you to get your stacks back… If you’re a zergling it can’t take you any longer than 5 minutes. I know because I participate in all roles of WvW, with roaming/scouting being my primary focus. If I die during a roaming encounter, I merge with the zerg for 5 minutes to get my stacks back and voila… Other than losing stacks what can possibly be the problem with losing a fight? Armor repairs cost nothing and failure is a great way to learn. Not only that, a lot can change in a fight even if you’re very low health. I’ve won fights with 10%< health many, many times that I otherwise (if I were even able to run, being that I roam as a Necro) wouldn’t have if I decided to flee. Turning your back and hauling kitten is literally the best way to get yourself killed unless you catch your opponent off guard with it. You’re better off either not engaging at all or staying until only one of you are standing.
There is absolutely nothing wrong with not engaging someone. If you’re scouting, trying to get back to your zerg, or something of that nature, you don’t need to fight. But initiating an attack or responding to an attack and running when things look bad is just an unwillingness to learn from your mistakes. Take every death as a way to improve yourself. If you’re not spec’d for 1v1’s, don’t blame your opponent for not knowing. Also, being in a fight where you are clearly at a disadvantage is a great way to get better. Because when you’re using a build that’s meant for small scale battles it’ll feel a whole lot easier.

Anyway, I agree Fhaeris… Read through a lot of these comments and it’s no wonder so many people run… God forbid their pixelized self dies and they have to make a 60 second journey across the map with absolutely no consequences from dying.

Running away from duels

in WvW

Jong.5937

Ikr? How long does it really take you to get your stacks back… If you’re a zergling it can’t take you any longer than 5 minutes. I know because I participate in all roles of WvW, with roaming/scouting being my primary focus. If I die during a roaming encounter, I merge with the zerg for 5 minutes to get my stacks back and voila… Other than losing stacks what can possibly be the problem with losing a fight? Armor repairs cost nothing and failure is a great way to learn. Not only that, a lot can change in a fight even if you’re very low health. I’ve won fights with 10%< health many, many times that I otherwise (if I were even able to run, being that I roam as a Necro) wouldn’t have if I decided to flee. Turning your back and hauling kitten is literally the best way to get yourself killed unless you catch your opponent off guard with it. You’re better off either not engaging at all or staying until only one of you are standing.
There is absolutely nothing wrong with not engaging someone. If you’re scouting, trying to get back to your zerg, or something of that nature, you don’t need to fight. But initiating an attack or responding to an attack and running when things look bad is just an unwillingness to learn from your mistakes. Take every death as a way to improve yourself. If you’re not spec’d for 1v1’s, don’t blame your opponent for not knowing. Also, being in a fight where you are clearly at a disadvantage is a great way to get better. Because when you’re using a build that’s meant for small scale battles it’ll feel a whole lot easier.

Anyway, I agree Fhaeris… Read through a lot of these comments and it’s no wonder so many people run… God forbid their pixelized self dies and they have to make a 60 second journey across the map with absolutely no consequences from dying.

Just a thought, but maybe you are the guy defending or rushing to defend a tower. You die, siege is not manned, tower falls. There are reasons other than cowardice.

Piken Square

Running away from duels

in WvW

SpellOfIniquity.1780

Just a thought, but maybe you are the guy defending or rushing to defend a tower. You die, siege is not manned, tower falls. There are reasons other than cowardice.

I had already stated that. There’s nothing wrong with not engaging. If you’re scouting or running to defend a tower, that’s completely fine. Although the person attacking you may not know this, there’s nothing wrong with ignoring them to reach your objective. What I’m saying is that it’s pointless to run from a fight, not to ignore one. If you’re going to defend a tower and you’re attacked, you respond, but run and continue to the tower when you start to lose, that’s being a coward. Why would you engage anyway when you have somewhere to be? Because you were thinking you might get an easy win but when it turned out to be difficult you said “screw this.” God forbid someone faces any kind of challenge in a PvEvP environment, lol. (Ps. this is not directed at you, I’m just stating how I feel about someone doing this.)

Running away from duels

in WvW

Posted by: cmud.5689

cmud.5689

I like PvP and although I am not a roamer I charge in, whenever I spot someone on the map while on the way to the zerg or so. But running away from a duel is a fair. If anything else, this game is not balanced in 1v1s so staying in a fight you cant win is just noobish. As for running in PvP, yup..totally agree. Especially if, say a thief can reset the fight by going into deep stealh on his own leasure. (does that count as running away? nope) tactics

banished from time and space

Running away from duels

in WvW

Posted by: EmoDevo.3209

EmoDevo.3209

Nah, I don’t run. I tactically retreat.

Running away from duels

in WvW

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

What is your opinion on people that flee a fair duel once they realize they will lose? thieves and mesmers vanishing and warriors flying away are probably the main culprits here.

I solo roam a lot and I see a lot of people not just fleeing the duel once they start losing, but trying to aggro guards or even bring their friends into a 1vs1 duel.

All is fair in love and pvp, or is it cowardly?

no bag, no win. allowing the enemy to get away before you kill them means that you lost, are weak and inexperienced.

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.

Running away from duels

in WvW

Posted by: Azrael.4960

Azrael.4960

I main a necro traited for blob support and fighting so I never expect to win duels and I get caught out in the open every now and then while running to join the blob. If that happens, discretion is the better part of valour and I make a run for the nearest guard or tower.

If you’re not set up for duels, don’t duel because you’re not helping the server effort by trying to and getting taken down.

Running away from duels

in WvW

Posted by: ykyk.2740

ykyk.2740

I’m a zergling staff ele with kitten for 1v1 damage so I’ll be here running away from every fight, using my vast array of defensive skills to rejoin the nourishing embrace of my zerg

Running away from duels

in WvW

Posted by: Johje Holan.4607

Johje Holan.4607

Why would I hang around and let you stomp me and get a warscore point for your server?

Running away from duels

in WvW

Posted by: Karril Daltaya.4980

Karril Daltaya.4980

My grandfather said something to me that I think fits here: "There is no such thing as a fair fight, the best you can do is make it unfair in your favour "

If I am on my thief and fighting someone, hell yes I am going to stealth. My build is made around stealthing. If I do not stealth then I am giving them the fight. Why should someone else be able to use all their skills/abilities and I cannot just because I am a thief?

Tarnished Coast since Beta, now Banished forever to the Megaservers…

Running away from duels

in WvW

Nanyetah Elohi.4852

same idea with towers and siege. Of course I am going to run inside the tower and blast them with an arrow cart. That’s what it’s there for.

For the Toast!

Running away from duels

in WvW

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

no bag, no win. allowing the enemy to get away before you kill them means that you lost, are weak and inexperienced.

Tell that to the GS warriors and their whirlwind, rush, bull’s charge “you’ll never catch me” combo. Unless you’re a GS warrior yourself or a thief, it’s likely that you will never catch him, no matter how good you think you are

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

Running away from duels

in WvW

Posted by: Darius.1430

Darius.1430

I don’t PvP, so I have never dueled… WvW plenty though.

Running away from duels

in WvW

Posted by: neonreaper.4805

neonreaper.4805

All anyone does is run away from me in wvw.

stop picking off PVEers trying to complete the jumping puzzles then

[BE] Pumpkin / Rhinox3 / Reyn Time / Pale
Fort Aspenwood

Running away from duels

in WvW

Posted by: Demon of the Light.7961

Demon of the Light.7961

If you don’t mind, folks, I have a question:
If I agree to fight in a proper duel (with /bow, no disengaging and the like), is still ok to use pulls and pushes to drop an enemy over the border of a floating isle in EotM or may it be considered “dishonourable”?
Just to be sure, I’m not kidding, flaming or the like.

Running away from duels

in WvW

Posted by: Biggusbiggus.5789

Biggusbiggus.5789

Whut? So someone who caps camps, prevents supply delivery, and stops reinforcements isn’t contributing? Roamers are absolutely essential for precisely these reasons.

Running away from duels

in WvW

Posted by: cmud.5689

cmud.5689

Whut? So someone who caps camps, prevents supply delivery, and stops reinforcements isn’t contributing? Roamers are absolutely essential for precisely these reasons.

+ scounting reports. Having people that are stationed off-zergs is super helpful.

banished from time and space

Running away from duels

in WvW

Posted by: HallusH.3987

HallusH.3987

What is “fair”? classes are not designed to be fair from the get go.
I play staff support ele so i know that unless its an afk cause of the amazing class balance no point for 1vs1.

and yeah like some already said “duel” isn’t when you drop on someone and they are at 50% hp already and you wonder why they run.

Running away from duels

in WvW

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

Or playing a more supportive build (possible meaning he is not alone).

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

Running away from duels

in WvW

Posted by: Alex.9268

Alex.9268

I just had a mesmer chase me across the map with 2 of his allies, go into downed state when it was just him left and log out before I could stomp him! yes log out. Either SFR or BB mesmer in the BB BL ruins this morning, I’ll remember him for sure.

Running away from duels

in WvW

Tom Gore.4035

I just had a mesmer chase me across the map with 2 of his allies, go into downed state when it was just him left and log out before I could stomp him! yes log out. Either SFR or BB mesmer in the BB BL ruins this morning, I’ll remember him for sure.

Well if he logged out you got the credit and the bag. Mission accomplished?

One – Piken Square

Running away from duels

in WvW

Alex.9268

No he somehow left the game in downed state before I could stomp him. There is a chance he had enough time to drop combat.

Running away from duels

in WvW

Tom Gore.4035

No he somehow left the game in downed state before I could stomp him. There is a chance he had enough time to drop combat.

That should not be possible, so it was a bug or a hacker.

If someone DCs or closes the client when in combat they’re automatically defeated. The body doesn’t stay there, but the killer(s) should get the exp and the loot.

One – Piken Square

Running away from duels

in WvW

Alex.9268

Well he was downed with his downed clone next to him and poof both gone. No bags or experience.

Running away from duels

in WvW

SpellOfIniquity.1780

Soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo many cowards in this thread, lmfao. So many, omg.

You can try to justify your cowardice all you want, you’re still a sissy. There’s a difference between not engaging and avoiding a fight all together and attacking someone then running when things aren’t playing in your favor. It’s one thing to run off from a 1v1 but it’s a whole other to run from a duel where a /bow took place beforehand. Running from a 1v1 is a lot more acceptable but I still will never understand the logic behind it. As soon as you turn your back you’re incredibly vulnerable and basically giving your opponent free shots on you. Staying until the end is the best way to prevent dying because anything can happen in that last 10%< of your health. Your own zerg could run through, someone else could join to help you out, your enemy could make a critical mistake, you’ll never know if you’re always running off when things look bad.
If you’re not spec’d for 1v1’s, don’t engage. If you think WvW is unfair, why are you there? So you can run and claim WvW is unbalanced, or so you can win and claim your opponent was bad when for all you know they’re not spec’d for 1v1’s either…
There are always two sides to the story. Running does not = win, it means you forfeit and your opponent will very likely be a lot less kind to you if they see you a second time.

Running away from duels

in WvW

Tom Gore.4035

Soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo many cowards in this thread, lmfao. So many, omg.

You can try to justify your cowardice all you want, you’re still a sissy. There’s a difference between not engaging and avoiding a fight all together and attacking someone then running when things aren’t playing in your favor. It’s one thing to run off from a 1v1 but it’s a whole other to run from a duel where a /bow took place beforehand. Running from a 1v1 is a lot more acceptable but I still will never understand the logic behind it. As soon as you turn your back you’re incredibly vulnerable and basically giving your opponent free shots on you. Staying until the end is the best way to prevent dying because anything can happen in that last 10%< of your health. Your own zerg could run through, someone else could join to help you out, your enemy could make a critical mistake, you’ll never know if you’re always running off when things look bad.
If you’re not spec’d for 1v1’s, don’t engage. If you think WvW is unfair, why are you there? So you can run and claim WvW is unbalanced, or so you can win and claim your opponent was bad when for all you know they’re not spec’d for 1v1’s either…
There are always two sides to the story. Running does not = win, it means you forfeit and your opponent will very likely be a lot less kind to you if they see you a second time.

You can try to bring your own codes of honor and whatnot into WvW, but don’t expect your opponent to follow them.

An opponent that runs from you and comes back to kill you 3v1 still wins and you lose, end of story

One – Piken Square

Running away from duels

in WvW

Alex.9268

Many people do have some honor though. It’s not like the honorable roamers are rare or even in the minority.

Yesterday for example I was fighting a thief when someone from my server jumped in, I disengaged and went a little bit further back and the thief followed me and we continued fighting till one of us died.

Reading this thread you would think that nearly everybody is a scumbag because reasons, but really the point was to ask people what they think about those few kitteny noobs that happily engage but quickly flee or call for help when they inevitably start getting owned. Why not die and learn something? Why engage at all? It just seemed embarrassing to me and I wanted to see people’s logic behind it, and I sure did