S1 Demolition Expert - How?

in WvW

Posted by: joaoantunes.5367

joaoantunes.5367

Q:

Hey there,

How exactly does the Demolition Expert achievement works? I’ve heard and read so many things that I don’t really understand what should I do to earn it.

Is it:
i)Contribute to building the siege machine (spend supplies), even if you don’t use it when it’s finished;
ii)Have the blueprints and just place them, not spending any supplies;
iii)Actively use the Flame Ram (for instance) and deal damage, regardless if you later leave the thing and let someone else finish the job;
iv)Destroy the gate/wall while manning the ram/catapult.

So far I have 8/30 destroyed walls, and have been trying all the above. Lately I’ve concentrated on just manning the rams until the gate is busted, but I feel I that it would be more efficient to give that spot to someone with mastery.
So if the thing works on the iii) basis, that actually would take a lot of my mind.

What’s your precious insight?

in WvW

Posted by: Curo.2483

Curo.2483

A:

I think it’s similar how credit for a champion is decided. You need to reach a certain damage threshold, which becomes harder when there are more people. Get on a ram (and hit it more than once or twice), or party with someone who is on one.

Curo Lunesque – “Concerned Citizen and Community Builder”
NSP – northernshiverpeaks.org

in WvW

Posted by: dulfy.1493

dulfy.1493

There is an easy way to do it. Join up in a group with players who are also attacking the same door. All you have to do is have everyone attack the same gate and you should get the tick for the achievement once the gate is destroyed.

The achievement seems to care how much damage you did to the gate so if you are alone and solo you may not reach the “threshold” for the achievement to count.

Recommended you are in a min 3 player group as a 2 player group may not count all the time.

in WvW

Posted by: Contiguous.1345

Contiguous.1345

Basically, you need to get on a trebuchet.

Simple really.

in WvW

joaoantunes.5367

So I just need to normally deal damage to it (ie, if I’m an Elementalist, pop up Meteor Shower, Fire Storm, and Fiery GreatSword, rinse and repeat)?

in WvW

joaoantunes.5367

Yes, with big zergs it’s harder to reach that threshold. So since it’s all about damage, either I must deal enough of it through the ram or normal attacks, but with the ram its quicker.

in WvW

Posted by: Garrisyl.7402

Garrisyl.7402

Like almost every other wvw achievment, Demolition Expert is bugged. Sometimes you get it with one hit, sometimes you ram it down from 100% to 0% and get nothing.

in WvW

Posted by: Player Character.9467

Player Character.9467

Like almost every other wvw achievment, Demolition Expert is bugged. Sometimes you get it with one hit, sometimes you ram it down from 100% to 0% and get nothing.

You get it with 1 hit because the rest of your party did enough damage in total for you to get credit once you had tagged it. You don’t get credit if you ram it down because your character never hit it, the ram did.

in WvW

Posted by: Becka Williams.4978

Becka Williams.4978

You get it with 1 hit because the rest of your party did enough damage in total for you to get credit once you had tagged it. You don’t get credit if you ram it down because your character never hit it, the ram did.

…What? That’s wrong in so many ways. I spent the last 10 credits ramming the walls, not in a party, not attacking and getting credit.

in WvW

Posted by: electriette.8952

electriette.8952

^^^^^ how do u ram walls

in WvW

Posted by: NeHoMaR.9812

NeHoMaR.9812

I destroyed like 500 doors already and have 5 points, it’s bugged or I am doing something wrong.

^^^^^ how do u ram walls

Hahaha!

in WvW

Posted by: NeHoMaR.9812

NeHoMaR.9812

I destroyed like 500 doors already and have 5 points, it’s bugged, bad implemented, or I am doing something wrong.

^^^^^ how do u ram walls

Hahaha!

in WvW

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

in WvW

Posted by: SRG.3607

SRG.3607

There is an easy way to do it. Join up in a group with players who are also attacking the same door. All you have to do is have everyone attack the same gate and you should get the tick for the achievement once the gate is destroyed.

Nope, this is NOT always true.
A few hours ago i was grouped with someone attacking a wall with a catapult. The wall went down easily. He got +1 for his achievement, not me.

in WvW

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

Nope, this is NOT always true.
A few hours ago i was grouped with someone attacking a wall with a catapult. The wall went down easily. He got +1 for his achievement, not me.

You’d of still needed to deal some amount of damage. Say, 1hp’s worth. Otherwise you never “entered combat” with it.