SBI v BG v IoJ small commentary nothing important

in WvW

Posted by: Jedbacca.6297

Jedbacca.6297

A pretty good matchup during prime time hours. I will say that all teams really can hold their own when their queues are full. Perspective is from the Stormbluff Borderlands.

IoJ – Pretty solid player base, it appears that they are really getting the map manuevering down, you see dedicated teams pretty much all over the map when they can afford it. Good job at increasing your line of sight and clearing up that fog of war for your team. By the way I’m getting sick of those trebs in your tower on us constantly >;x

BG – Appears to be a defensively sound team, especially during prime time hours. I’ll have to show you what a 3 hour siege on a keep can do for wearing your guys down, (Thanks HoD for two nights worth of that by the way) my guild likes to run around in circles with fireworks while we wait for the walls to fall, oh and the flame ram in the supply camps or on the roads are not meant to troll, it’s more of a team trademark. It’s a long story and it involves coming home inebriated one evening and logging on…

Good match so far guys, keep up the tough as nails fights out there.

Minister Jed/Jedsus Saves GM of Strike Force[SF]
www.strikeforceguild.com – JQ SINCE 1836!
Guild of United Soviet Quarry www.jadequarry.com

in WvW

Posted by: Barkey.2609

Barkey.2609

Hey Jed, I’m with IoJ as part of MoB. We’re the guys who got bored of the big fight and went to SBI borderlands last night around 9 PM heh.. Took Bluelake and started trebbing southeast bay walls. Had some really good skirmishes with both SBI and BG.

I really like this matchup. Our last one was ET and CD, where CD pretty much folded and avoided fighting ET at all costs. We’re kind of kitten with some of BG right now. At times we see them playing smart(I.E. not playing purely for second) and putting pressure on SBI from one side while we’re fighting on the other. Then other times it’s absolutely inexplicable why organized guilds of Blackgate guys will avoid a juicy SBI target in favor of a rather fortified IoJ tower. Or Blackgate will be hitting our supply camp while SBI is hitting the tower.

I totally doubt that this is coordinated or premeditated, but it really sucks for us sometimes. Still, I look forward to playing this matchup. It’s been a lot of fun so far.

Any Blackgate guilds who are reading, lets try to even the score out and push SBI down a notch instead of fighting amongst eachother, please?

Aggressive Napkins [MoB] Warrior
Defensive Napkins [MoB] Guardian
Isle of Janthir

(edited by Barkey.2609)

in WvW

Posted by: pseudosapien.4076

pseudosapien.4076

Guess it depends on the borderland. I’m on BG and I queued for our borderlands this past weekend. In that borderland, it seems that both IOJ and SBI are against us. Every time we take back the supply camp north of our citadel, either IOJ or SBI are taking it back. We even had both IOJ and SBI on our garrison either at the same time or pretty close to it over the weekend.

in WvW

Posted by: Lumiere.4609

Lumiere.4609

Just as a note psuedo. NOMNOMNOM Supply Camps.

In the end, the big thing you learn from the upper tier is that supply is king. If you can’t get supply into a keep it is going to fall.

Yagami Yukari- 80 Sylvari Guardian | Yagami Vita – 80 Human Ele
Strike Force – Jade Quarry

in WvW

Barkey.2609

Yeah, I’ve noticed that too Pseudo. It almost seems like if it’s your home borderlands, you’re going to get doubleteamed no matter what because of the path of least resistance. It’s useless for, say, the bottom right spawning team to try and attack all the way through to bay and be harassed from the flanks by the other side the entire way, while dealing with strong home opposition.

It’s why I’m kind of sick of playing on IoJ borderlands. The fights get a little too big for me, and our guild feels small and insignificant in the big zerg of larger guilds like TEST/QQ/ET/FIST/FIST all working together. I like operating on a smaller scale, in borderlands that we don’t have much of a presence on. Or EB, where the map is large enough to work that angle.

Isle of Janthir

in WvW

Posted by: shortcake.8659

shortcake.8659

ioj – thanks for helping me and nokaru get whirlpool nerfed. lol.

some terrible idiot in [pre]

in WvW

Posted by: Rodarin.6058

Rodarin.6058

we’re the HoD of this match up, it will show in the end. BG can compete somewhat during peak hours but IoJ wont be close when all is said and done.

Not a commentary on ability, simply population imbalances.

SBI is still insta queue in borderlands. I havent been in in a week almost but have to do my monthly kills so I went in today, actually had an insta in yesterday too. But EB has had a queue every time I have tried it today so that is remaining constant for SBI.

in WvW

Posted by: Scyndek.5273

Scyndek.5273

@Rod are you playing the same game? BG puts up a better fight than IoJ? (not meant to flame but seriously?)

Maybe you should see the scores right now, we are almost even with SBI in ppt and in IoJ BL it’s literally SBI vs IoJ I haven’t seen BG at all tonight :o

But we pushed back SBI to redbriar which we have exchanged several times, great fights very enjoyable for both sides (at least I hope).

Elementalist – Isle of Janthir

in WvW

Posted by: Orchis.6087

Orchis.6087

With regards to attacking the tower, Barkey, we had an inept commander leading. Unfortunately people seem to think that no matter what it is a good idea to follow the person with the symbol in order to “stay as a team,” even if that means hitting useless targets and dividing the fronts. The rest of us had a much better plan, but unfortunately this person refused to listen or work with anyone and he clearly new everything he was doing. Also note that it was pretty much his first time ever doing WvWvW. Sooo yeah. Unfortunately not much we can do when those kind of people take charge, despite the wishes of those know what to do.

in WvW

Posted by: Rodarin.6058

Rodarin.6058

@Rod are you playing the same game? BG puts up a better fight than IoJ? (not meant to flame but seriously?)

Maybe you should see the scores right now, we are almost even with SBI in ppt and in IoJ BL it’s literally SBI vs IoJ I haven’t seen BG at all tonight :o

But we pushed back SBI to redbriar which we have exchanged several times, great fights very enjoyable for both sides (at least I hope).

Yeah there are more IoJ in there now than there were. I was in there when the golem zergs took back most of the IoJ map. But SBI had maybe 30 people in there and they were all over the map doing what they do.

It was a decent fight, but I crashed and took the dog for a walk and havent been back yet.

But I do see IoJ is in second, maybe they were before, I go color blind trying to keep track of who is what color even with week long matches we have been blue for so long I dont catch on too fast.

But in the end it will be what it always is. I just hope we stay in the second tier, not because it is easier but because it isnt a cluster.

But until they fix it it will only be sporadically good with intermittent periods of lame.

I play in the early morning hours PST so probably 7 til 11 EST. Not exactly prime time. So my observations are anecdotal at best recently. But when we were going in as a guild we were playing all hours of the day when we could get in there, and it was very obvious the changes different time period made.

I dont want to sit here and say if we win by 150K ponts we are anything other than more populated around the clock, that is it. To say anything else would be condescending and misinformed. Just like the other servers who have ‘success’. It is because of one factor, they have a more constant population.

JQ and HoD are almost ‘balanced’ right now, even with some HoD transfers AWAY from HoD and some transfers INTO to JQ to help their off peak hours HoD still dominates the off peak, but JQ has enough during the rest of the time to hold their lead.

That match might be the ‘best’ one since the game went live if it holds up. HoD has closed it to around 1K but it is now around 7 K again, but I think off peak HoD takes the lead, and JQ will maybe get it back. So it will be a head bobber (to steal a horse racing term) and the winner will probably be determined by the timing of the reset.

Now all that being said is that how it ‘should’ be or is it just that those servers have finally seen enough movement so that they are fairly equal more than they are unequal? I am sure it will be sued as the standard going forward, but it still doesnt help the other 22 servers who dont ave populations that are close throughout the day.

in WvW

Posted by: Proxy.4065

Proxy.4065

Guess it depends on the borderland. I’m on BG and I queued for our borderlands this past weekend. In that borderland, it seems that both IOJ and SBI are against us. Every time we take back the supply camp north of our citadel, either IOJ or SBI are taking it back. We even had both IOJ and SBI on our garrison either at the same time or pretty close to it over the weekend.

I can assure you we do not and have never conspired with IoJ. In fact they’re frequently bugging us in the south and vice versa.

in WvW

Posted by: Isila.2574

Isila.2574

Not gonna lie, Ascension Bay just a little bit ago in IoJ Borderlands was pretty cool (from the IoJ side). We eventually lost it as SBI had Redvale locked up and we couldn’t get any supply in, but it was pretty neat watching them get through the inner gate, then get pushed all the way back out past the outer walls, then push back in for round 2 — and this time bringing more siege to correct the mistake they made the first time.

in WvW

Posted by: Raze.5420

Raze.5420

It has been a great match-up all week so far. I’m sure that to all three servers it looks like the other two are colluding against them (it certainly LOOKS that way from an IoJ point of view) but i highly doubt that is really the case.

We’ve had some awesome battles each day and night this week and hopefully they will continue.

But I’m sorry SBI as much as i have enjoyed fighting you guys – you don’t belong in the tier of enjoyment (tier 2), you belong in tier 1. Fact is you’ll smash bit IoJ and BG by 200K or so, by virtue of population as Rodarin says above. We can’t compete with the round the clock zergs that SBI put up. But it’s nice to see when the numbers are close so are the battles. Sad thing is whoever ends up in T2 next week is likely to see ET… and their just not as much fun as you guys…..

BG is giving us a hell of a fight at the moment and it only adds to the enjoyment. Currently we’ve got our nose ahead of them and hopefully we can keep it that way.

in WvW

Posted by: Ragnar the Rock.3174

Ragnar the Rock.3174

The fight would be allot closer if blackgate would stop attacking IOJ and focus on SBI instead.

But for some reason they want to be D@#$%@ Bags and focus almost exclusively on IOJ.

in WvW

Barkey.2609

Yeah I don’t get this kitten, I just spent the last few hours in Blackgate borderlands, and despite the fact that SBI is not only in the lead, but had the Bay, BG decided to focus all their efforts on taking the Hills from us. We’d been holding the hills and giving SBI a good push and pull fight between briar and lake, and then we ended up having to forfeit Lake to defend Hills from BG. Then as soon as BG took Hills, SBI took Hills from them.

Come on guys, we’re kind of at a point where this should be about banging up SBI. You don’t gain anything from pushing IoJ off the map with a sandwich attack. That just means it becomes a 2 way fight, and SBI will annihilate you, just like they would annihilate us in that situation.

It just pisses me off, 3 weeks in a row where the server in 3rd place starts playing for second, and all it does is make the player who is in first get a huge lead that cannot be caught up to. It’s obnoxious.

Isle of Janthir

in WvW

Posted by: Jedbacca.6297

Jedbacca.6297

Oh for you IoJ guys on the SB map tonight, trust me, BG had to deal with a swarm of SF tags on the east side of the map the whole night, so we are keeping them busy for you

Btw, BG teams that we were fighting tonight, you guys are a hell of a crew, you forced us to utilize strats that we have to use against JQ and HoD to get the job done by the end of the night.

IoJ teams on the West side of the map, you gave the commander on that side a lil run for his money, you guys were doing a hell of a job forcing redirection, you actually forced us to send 10 from the West side to assist, which lead BG to push us off and back to our supply camp :x

Minister Jed/Jedsus Saves GM of Strike Force[SF]
www.strikeforceguild.com – JQ SINCE 1836!
Guild of United Soviet Quarry www.jadequarry.com

in WvW

Posted by: sooty.9014

sooty.9014

As an IoJian. I have to give full respect to SB.

I now understand why we will never beat you guys.

We were running in EB with my guild with about 10 people. I think we wiped once in 3 hours and i collected approximately 150 badges. Lets just say if they counted kills towards WvW points we would have won on that night alone.

We ran to the other side of the zone where there were NO IoJ or BG there several times. And running past each keep saw us getting hit by no less than 3-4 siege weapons. You guys have multiple people on siege in every tower/keep regardless of whether it is seeing action or not. Now that is true dedication.

MY guildie said he could not understand why people would spend their free time on the weekend sitting on a siege weapon pressing “1” when they saw someone maybe 2-3 times an hour for no gain whatsoever. But now i know why. SB is truely dedicated to winning. I hope you guys do well in bracket 1

in WvW

Posted by: Erasculio.2914

Erasculio.2914

I think Stormbluff has all the big PvP guilds from GW1 – War Machine, The Last Empire, iQ, Treacherous Empire, and so on. They are way better than us at Isle of Janthir, definitely tier 1 material.

“I think that players are starting to mature past the point of wanting to be on that
treadmill, of being in that obvious pattern of every time I catch up you are going to
put another carrot in front of me” – Mike O’Brien right before Ascended weapons