SFR/Deso/BB - 01.12.2012

SFR/Deso/BB - 01.12.2012

in WvW

Posted by: Grok.6714

Grok.6714

Will SFR head for T1?
Will Desolation manage to recover from it’s RUINs ?
Will BB cover all maps over night with tasty paella?

Stay tuned, and find out!

SFR Forum Warrior Academy

SFR/Deso/BB - 01.12.2012

in WvW

Posted by: KauZaH.9057

KauZaH.9057

We can’t aim T1 atm, we need a nightcrew before

Kauzah – Elementalist
Kauzah X – Guardian
[NoE] No Entry @ Seafarer’s Rest

SFR/Deso/BB - 01.12.2012

in WvW

Posted by: tagnut.8621

tagnut.8621

Distinctly one sided at the moment….

SFR/Deso/BB - 01.12.2012

in WvW

Posted by: Ajaxx.3157

Ajaxx.3157

Hoping for some more good fights again this week with Sea

Hola BB

Ajaxx – Warrior – [JuG] – Desolation [eu]

http://www.twitch.tv/irajaxx

SFR/Deso/BB - 01.12.2012

in WvW

Posted by: MarzAttakz.9608

MarzAttakz.9608

No idea what’s going on, in my opinion last night was a catastrophe for Desolation.

We did have a few fun fights on BB borderlands, highlights were wiping the SFR zerg that came to destroy our catapults at the back of Briar, lowlights were having our entire zerg portal bombed and annihilated by SFR over at Garrison.

Poor showing so far, what’s up Desolation?

YOU KNOW THERE AIN’T NO REST FOR THE WICKED, TILL WE CLOSE OUR EYES FOR GOOD.

Once proud member of Extraordinary Gentlemen [EXG]{DESO4LIFE}

SFR/Deso/BB - 01.12.2012

in WvW

Posted by: Ajaxx.3157

Ajaxx.3157

@Marz

Deso has ALWAYS been slow over the weekends since the beginning of time. Its nothing to worry about yet.

Ajaxx – Warrior – [JuG] – Desolation [eu]

http://www.twitch.tv/irajaxx

SFR/Deso/BB - 01.12.2012

in WvW

Posted by: wotsit.4720

wotsit.4720

Glad to see SFR are doing well. To all the new guilds who have transferred across welcome and join the ts community.

SFR/Deso/BB - 01.12.2012

in WvW

Posted by: Kraken.7514

Kraken.7514

Well for BB the weekend is the weakest time of the week. We are trying to hang arround in points so maby during the weekdays we can surpass Deso.

Both of our rival servers have A LOT more population than us but I find their Zergs soft as gelly and not very good quality.

Yesterday night in Deso Borderlands was a killing fest but we where just overwhelmed by numbers. We where wiping one zerg south to have to immediately run north to wipe another zerg and so on.

We even did a 10 man takeover of the central fort just to see a SR zerg waiting outside to steal it. At least we scored this 2 times O.o

Its nice to see SR again, from what I see they lost quality for quantity which now a days is quite a smart choice tbh.

Good fights overall up to now. I hope we can get over the weekend and see if during weektimes populations are a bit more balanced.

Kraken – Guardian / Pretty Meris – Engineer.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=LGQJUaYDQD8

SFR/Deso/BB - 01.12.2012

in WvW

Posted by: Killver.7653

Killver.7653

Well for BB the weekend is the weakest time of the week. We are trying to hang arround in points so maby during the weekdays we can surpass Deso.

Both of our rival servers have A LOT more population than us but I find their Zergs soft as gelly and not very good quality.

Yesterday night in Deso Borderlands was a killing fest but we where just overwhelmed by numbers. We where wiping one zerg south to have to immediately run north to wipe another zerg and so on.

We even did a 10 man takeover of the central fort just to see a SR zerg waiting outside to steal it. At least we scored this 2 times O.o

Its nice to see SR again, from what I see they lost quality for quantity which now a days is quite a smart choice tbh.

Good fights overall up to now. I hope we can get over the weekend and see if during weektimes populations are a bit more balanced.

Seriously? I have the exact same feelings for BB: they are squishy as hell, but I would never point somethign offendig out, but now that you are doing it I can do it as well

I have never lost a fight until reset against BB where it was zerg vs zerg even if we have been outnumbered occasionally.

But well, I wish all servers luck for the rest of the week and let’s see how we will do against desos and bbs night teams during weak.

Killversan – Guardian – VoTF – SoS

SFR/Deso/BB - 01.12.2012

in WvW

MarzAttakz.9608

Deso night teams are mostly the same players you see during prime time just reduced down to the players who are willing to stay up till 4:30am on a 6-8 hour wvw session. Thought SFR would know this by now.

SFR/Deso/BB - 01.12.2012

in WvW

Posted by: Killver.7653

Killver.7653

Deso night teams are mostly the same players you see during prime time just reduced down to the players who are willing to stay up till 4:30am on a 6-8 hour wvw session. Thought SFR would know this by now.

Yep, still you get good numbers in nights which we are still lacking.

Killversan – Guardian – VoTF – SoS

SFR/Deso/BB - 01.12.2012

in WvW

Posted by: Imacop.6409

Imacop.6409

@Marz

Deso has ALWAYS been slow over the weekends since the beginning of time. Its nothing to worry about yet.

Team Sweden says hey hey!! hahah

[ZBs][ZDs] Nikogda ne slakai
200,000 WwW Kills

SFR/Deso/BB - 01.12.2012

in WvW

Posted by: Kajetan.3146

Kajetan.3146

Just an update in t he score and keep the thread clean please we dont want it getting locked :P

Attachments:

(edited by Kajetan.3146)

SFR/Deso/BB - 01.12.2012

in WvW

Posted by: generalkreator.4687

generalkreator.4687

Just an update in t he score

Now i understand why some JuG and GT Guys from Deso are so frustrated, that they already have to jump on dead corpses

General Kreator | Thief
[Nas] Nástrandir
Seafarer´s Rest

(edited by generalkreator.4687)

SFR/Deso/BB - 01.12.2012

in WvW

tagnut.8621

Seriously? I have the exact same feelings for BB: they are squishy as hell, but I would never point somethign offendig out, but now that you are doing it I can do it as well

I have never lost a fight until reset against BB where it was zerg vs zerg even if we have been outnumbered occasionally.

But well, I wish all servers luck for the rest of the week and let’s see how we will do against desos and bbs night teams during weak.

From memory last time we saw BB they were little more than a speed bump and finished third.

I don’t see a great deal of improvement – just more silly guild names.

SFR/Deso/BB - 01.12.2012

in WvW

Posted by: Kajetan.3146

Kajetan.3146

keep flaming down please and ty

SFR/Deso/BB - 01.12.2012

in WvW

Posted by: Deep Star.6541

Deep Star.6541

Kraken.7514
Kind of started the flaming fest.. lets hope BB can keep up with SFR’s flaming ability, i assure you we’re quite good at this

Riviére, Select Start, Cmnd Ctrl, Uninteresting Event @ Three Steps Ahead [Oz]

SFR/Deso/BB - 01.12.2012

in WvW

Posted by: Rayya.2591

Rayya.2591

From an Sfr player oppinion.
I trolled 20 -25 BB in an supply camp with Thief’s stealth for 15 minutes 3 times already, but 3-4 desolation instant kill me.
In mass fights i see some desolation groups doing good, push good but i didn’t saw an strong fast push from BB yet.

http://imgur.com/a/fKgjD
no.1 WvW kills

SFR/Deso/BB - 01.12.2012

in WvW

Kraken.7514

It was not my intention to hurt your feelings, I was just stating the facts based on my experience and giving my opinion, I apologize if anyone felt offended or provoked.

I still think the key is in the numbers.

SFR has a huge WvW population but I don’t see any difference at all in tactics or player quality. Last time we met SFR, I did see it and I acknowledged in the forums, prasing SFR organization and gameplay (suprisingly I got flamed for that also XD).

Not this time around.

My impression, based on experience, is that our tactics are better and our soldiers are stronger as we win every single fight.

Although it is always dangerous to generalize taking into account I can only be in one map at a time and I only play in a certain timetable.

SFR/Deso/BB - 01.12.2012

in WvW

Posted by: Cradorell.3941

Cradorell.3941

Brilliant fight in Deso BL tonight over garrison. SFR held you off for an hour then you took it. Good fight! Well done guys!

Óne Pulse – OP – Raid Leader

SFR/Deso/BB - 01.12.2012

in WvW

Posted by: Chiolas.1326

Chiolas.1326

My impression, based on experience, is that Baruch groups are as weak as wet paper and retreat too fast even when they have equal or even superior numbers, unlike Deso. We barely have to apply pressure to make you turn the other way and run. Also on individual/small fights I feel that you are too weak, many people don’t know how to use their skills effectively… I guess PvP is not the same as PvE O.o

On another note, what happened with Desolation? Last night (reset night) it looked like the whole server rerolled a thief xD

Not to say that’s bad, although thieves becoming invisible whenever they feel like it is annoying, they are also pretty squishy (and this coming from a guardian with crappy DPS :P). Today you’ve had the usual tough, very strong raids (a bit more thieves, but effective ones), the GT guild tag comes to my mind

Quit WvW and Gw2 in August 2013

SFR/Deso/BB - 01.12.2012

in WvW

Rayya.2591

It was not my intention to hurt your feelings, I was just stating the facts based on my experience and giving my opinion, I apologize if anyone felt offended or provoked.

I still think the key is in the numbers.

SFR has a huge WvW population but I don’t see any difference at all in tactics or player quality. Last time we met SFR, I did see it and I acknowledged in the forums, prasing SFR organization and gameplay (suprisingly I got flamed for that also XD).

Not this time around.

My impression, based on experience, is that our tactics are better and our soldiers are stronger as we win every single fight.

Although it is always dangerous to generalize taking into account I can only be in one map at a time and I only play in a certain timetable.

you didn’t hurt nobody , relax, everybody expresed own oppinion
I am just honored that i make part of an big zerg with no tactics and full of bad players that can keep 400 points at peak

no.1 WvW kills

SFR/Deso/BB - 01.12.2012

in WvW

Kraken.7514

I am just honored that i make part of an big zerg with no tactics and full of bad players that can keep 400 points at peak

200 000 barbarians could take over a whole country. 20 000 romans could beat them. Problem for the romans is when there is not enough of them to cover all the maps.

Dont misunderstand me, you must have romans they just didnt cross with ours.

SFR/Deso/BB - 01.12.2012

in WvW

Posted by: tyu.9470

tyu.9470

200 000 barbarians could take over a whole country. 20 000 romans could beat them. Problem for the romans is when there is not enough of them to cover all the maps.

I Really believe SFR proved their abilities on previous matches, when we had no winning train on our back. Then had a huge slap in the face by the french – and trust me since then it is so much hard work to organise the server it is nothing to underestimate.

I personally have no part in the organisation but i do know it happent since i read and see the community forums / ts. The zerg you talk about is also a fruit of hardwork.

^- this from a casual WvWer. I dont really pvp everyday everytime im on.

SFR/Deso/BB - 01.12.2012

in WvW

MarzAttakz.9608

Let’s face it, yes there are good fights and I’ve enjoyed the previous matchup with SFR and ER but to be frank with the overwhelming numbers SFR are fielding (taking into account you have zero opposition in your own borderland) I can’t wait for this matchup to be over and you guys can go chest thump in tier 1.

Practically every single match up Desolation has faced we’ve been targeted by both opposing sides regardless of any Alliances in place. I’m glad everyone hates us so much. Let’s see how tier 1 plays out for you SFR and whether the recent influx of people to your server stick around after you lose a few times to the 24/7 presence of Blacktide and Vizunah.

As a disclaimer I’m a little bitter tonight so take my comments in that context.

SFR/Deso/BB - 01.12.2012

in WvW

Posted by: tyu.9470

tyu.9470

I really think we wont lose anyone except the winning train people if we lose hard. It happent before – those that willing to leave already LEFT and those stayed behind gathered up this community. After all the hardwork i really dont see them leaving. Maybe we go back to medium in size again but hey? core people will still be happy with tier2.

Note: I also hate desolation they gave me the most trouble while i do jumping puzzles :p

SFR/Deso/BB - 01.12.2012

in WvW

Posted by: Misslol.9741

Misslol.9741

apart from historical notes yesterday at reset i was on desolation border and i have to admit i was surprised BB zerg was tougher than the last time we crossed with.
On the other side speaking about numbers : one single huge BB zerg against a number of smaller SFR zergs and often u won..
Keeping a zerg united and bigger then the enemy for the most of the time is indeed a quality..really no joke.
SFR have much more people than the last time u met us thanks to our organization and we have not only organization but also quality..the same u’ve seen weeks ago but is not possible to maintain for all the numbers we have atm..statistical issue.
The last match up between us i thought u had only a good night shift..now i think u had some improvements but far away from winning every single fights..come on look at the score

[NoE] NoEntry

(edited by Misslol.9741)

SFR/Deso/BB - 01.12.2012

in WvW

Posted by: Zaowi.7098

Zaowi.7098

No offense to Sfr but they are only winning because of the population, they have people to cover all borders, they have queues on each border, other 2 servers don’t.

Good match still though, its fun just fighting for second, currently it wil lbe the same matchup next week but with elona back in tier 2.

Sfr is in no way ready for tier 1 tbh.

Zaowii
[IRON]
Sanctum Of Rall

SFR/Deso/BB - 01.12.2012

in WvW

Posted by: Daxter.4286

Daxter.4286

Fun fights at EB. I saw few individual BB players that were good at pvp, but unfortunately many of them just don’t really compare when i look back to blacktide guilds and the french. Good usage of siege weapons though! Everywhere in your territory there seems to be layers and layers of siege weapons(as it should be). SFR seemed to take advantage of us sieging ogrewatch and taking the other half of BB.

Extraordinary Gentlemen[EXG] – Desolation[EU]

SFR/Deso/BB - 01.12.2012

in WvW

Posted by: KiNgPiN.2075

KiNgPiN.2075

Great play, great zone coverage SFR Would be nice to see you in T1. Maybe you can advertise on forum for some more new guild to secure your position in T1 in long term. Maybe some NA guild can help. gl&cu soon

SFR/Deso/BB - 01.12.2012

in WvW

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

Well we have lot’s of good players from medium and small guilds who work very hard. Fact just is that it’s nearly impossible beat real guild groups even if you have more players. This probably will be our downfall in tier1 if we get there some day.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

SFR/Deso/BB - 01.12.2012

in WvW

Posted by: RoterFuchs.9216

RoterFuchs.9216

Guys really?
It’s always the same, no matter who says it.

X only wins because of population and has no skillz!
X and Y always team up and that’s why we lose!

Blah Blah. Get over it. Population will fluctuate, there are more than enough people that are hopping on the winning train. Nothing new here. And you will also always get the feeling that the other two servers are teaming up. But just because you get the feeling does not mean it is actually true. It’s just looking like this, simply because 3 servers are fighting each other.

No use whining about it. Doesn’t help anyone and nothing will change.

SFR/Deso/BB - 01.12.2012

in WvW

Posted by: Chiolas.1326

Chiolas.1326

If we fight Desolation more it’s because you guys are better than BB (though Misslol is right, they are “less bad” than the last time we faced them) and we like to have fun fighting, it’s a compliment

Most SFR people are like this, WvW-driven players who just want to have fun whatever the score, the tier or the numbers (I miss you outmanned buff!), sure some bandwagoners will jump ship when “the kitten hits the fan”, but that’s actually nice that because we know that the ones who stay are strong people who will be essential to make the SFR community stronger

Quit WvW and Gw2 in August 2013

SFR/Deso/BB - 01.12.2012

in WvW

Rayya.2591

we are still on first day , remember that
regarding numbers vs quality BB mentioned, today you only had 1 attempt of tactic in your borderland, when you went at greenvale with 20 Romans, and struggled in an supply camp vs randoms who didn’t followed commander, where you failed, after that nothing. No camp harass for SFR or Desolation, no rush on our towers to make us retreat from garnizon. I expected more presure from you guys.Maybe in next days
Regarding T1 , i know Blacktide wait for us, but that’s no problem, i enjoyed prev. match vs them, and base clans were there Xaoc , CIR ….

no.1 WvW kills

(edited by Rayya.2591)

SFR/Deso/BB - 01.12.2012

in WvW

Posted by: NeverSmileWF.1684

NeverSmileWF.1684

no worries guys, night is here so the whole map should be red soon till morning comes

Neversmile Wf – Engineer – Seafarer`s Rest

SFR/Deso/BB - 01.12.2012

in WvW

Posted by: murtas.2417

murtas.2417

I’m actually dissappointed in this match to be already over before sunday.

Has someone previously said we have clear population advantage so far. There is no doubt.

No point in discussing skills when we have this much manpower.
I can’t wait to get some kitten kicked at T1 so we can lose some queue time.

The problem is that if T1 is too heavy for us and T2 too easy we are in v. bad spot for long term health.

Its sad that Elona lost so much pop over the last months, otherwise I’m pretty sure they would give us one hell of a ride at contest our current n.4, but we gained alot of pop and they lost it.
And Deso, well, they went full circle on pop, only because RUIN did create a bandwagon effect, otherwise Deso wouldn’t have recovered this fast if at all. (IE: Look at FSP.)

I don’t know what the future reserve in regards to WvW, but coverage and pop was always the winning factor and myself WvW since 1st day of SFR I have seen everything from fighting 1day matches to 24/7 servers and our performance through it all, guilds coming and guilds dying of inactivity.

My expectations of strategy long siege’s or deep tactics are long gone, all thats is left for me at WvW is the open field fights, the score is just an extra.

And its a bit sad seeing that alot of servers are losing pop as we did in the past as and as a medium Server we were the first ones to notice it, the factor is we attracted alot of guilds with our resiliance and performance and recovered those numbers along the way, while others servers started to feel it alot after cause they had a bigger queue buffer, but are losing it for some time now, more each week by week, I hope Anet brings something more to WvW in the near future so maybe that trend stops.

Hope you guys still bring some fun for the rest of the matchup and i’m sure the fun motivated ones will.

SFR/Deso/BB - 01.12.2012

in WvW

MarzAttakz.9608

Desolation recovered because the only people left in WvW are those who actually care now, we are listed as a high population server but the majority are carebears.

True that “guild that won’t be named” helped our night time scores, true they left a gaping hole and a betrayal, true that we were seen as one of the major english eu servers from beta but also true is that the population has fractured since release and only partially recovered. How are we meant to plug the holes with pvp’ers when the server is high pop full of pve’ers?

We’ve not been as successful as Seafarer’s to establish a server majority of PVP orientated players, they did an amazing job rebuilding and historically I’ve been in their corner when not playing against them. Not only are they good players but they have good numbers for sufficiently long hours to keep the score ticking. At this point in time we cannot compete despite our best efforts.

Perhaps we belong in tier 3 but a handful of guilds have worked overtime to keep us in tier 2. Time will tell I guess but one thing is certain, we’ll be seeing each other often as both servers traverse the ladders.

SFR/Deso/BB - 01.12.2012

in WvW

tagnut.8621

Does baruch want to try and come up with a reason their ‘romans’ have been pinned in their spawn point nearly all day?

SFR/Deso/BB - 01.12.2012

in WvW

Posted by: FrouFrou.4958

FrouFrou.4958

Stop with the kitten oh my e-cucumber is bigger than yours-bohoo and measure them out in the field!

Froudactyl // Herp Derp Druid // Judge Legends [JDGE] // Seafarer’s Rest

SFR/Deso/BB - 01.12.2012

in WvW

tagnut.8621

Really?

I’m only responding to those who started shooting their mouths off…..

SFR/Deso/BB - 01.12.2012

in WvW

Posted by: atai.1467

atai.1467

It’s very funny your sentence …One if the bigger WvW guild in SFR is OSC … they are Italian so your example with Romans is a bit funny.
And we are always up for an interesting match always because this week is too easy.

See ya on battlefields you will find me with [OSC] tag

SFR/Deso/BB - 01.12.2012

in WvW

Posted by: Surmaturma.4823

Surmaturma.4823

well it is nice that discussion has at least started out if nothing else. It is a fact that there are organized guild and un-organized ones + mindless zergs. Exist in all servers. In general when you meet a bigger group of one guild you got your hands full of battle. I guess it is pointless to argue who has the biggest e-cucumber but I honestly believe that all servers this high on the list do have something more than just mere numbers – otherwise those skillfull 20 would always beat the zergs left hand tied behind their backs.

Good luck for all

“To Rasa Sum – and back again!”

SFR/Deso/BB - 01.12.2012

in WvW

Rayya.2591

Somebody from Iron can explain this please ?
10 minutes scale vennom ?
http://startcut.com/player/video/f7b762e03cd811e2ae9314dae9ef68f9
I added an short fraps to see is not icon bugg
if you cannot see it tell me where to upload it
Edit you can also see first screen he had it for 5 min then 10 min even if he was alone so was self buff, and from thief last 30 seconds or 3 attacks

Attachments:

no.1 WvW kills

(edited by Rayya.2591)

SFR/Deso/BB - 01.12.2012

in WvW

Posted by: GiveAlittleHug.1874

GiveAlittleHug.1874

As Stalin once said. “Quantity has a Quality all of its own.”

It doesn’t matter how skilled or powerful you are,you will always be outnumbered by the mediocre.

SFR is well aware it’s not ready for BlackTide. We aren’t silly, we know the issue we have. Ask IRON, I’ve already started looking into the tactics of the Tier 1 team and how to combat them, and I know the disadvantages we’ll suffer if we go up.

Any one of us can come up with any excuse for losing. I could moan that my Condition damage stacking Warrior build doesn’t DP well enough (it doesn’t, it sucks hard, I’ll be getting rid of it soon). However, at the end of the day, it’s my choice to pick to play that way. I pick the server I play on. I pick who I run about with. I pick what I play, and how I play it.

If we have a problem, there is only one way to go about it, upwards till it’s sorted.

Now I’m going away once more before Christmas for work, so will be in Paris till Thursday. Make sure you are all on Thursday night, I wanna come and find you and show you what my little conditon damage build can do to you

[FU] Gortrax – SFR’s

SFR/Deso/BB - 01.12.2012

in WvW

Posted by: Todza.9856

Todza.9856

Edit you can also see first screen he had it for 5 min then 10 min even if he was alone so was self buff, and from thief last 30 seconds or 3 attacks

I sent a pm to our guild officer concerning the issue. I’m sure they will look into it when they see it.

Aspenox // Desolation

SFR/Deso/BB - 01.12.2012

in WvW

Posted by: Snapple.9251

Snapple.9251

I believe there is a consumable you can buy that applies that buff for 10 minutes.
It only procs on a cooldown though (not tried it myself).

[IRON] – SoR
Snappless / Osii

SFR/Deso/BB - 01.12.2012

in WvW

Rayya.2591

I believe there is a consumable you can buy that applies that buff for 10 minutes.

it might be posible, that is why i didn’t made an report and cammed ask here, since i didn’t tested all consumables

no.1 WvW kills

SFR/Deso/BB - 01.12.2012

in WvW

Posted by: Aveneo.2068

Aveneo.2068

it might be posible, that is why i didn’t made an report and cammed ask here, since i didn’t tested all consumables

He’s probably using this:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/thief/Consumable-Skale-Venom

Valiant Aislinn – Aveneo Lightbringer – Shalene Amuriel – Dread Cathulu
Fojja – Vyxxi – Nymmra – Mymmra – Champion of Dwayna .. and more

Highly Over Powered Explorers [HOPE] – Desolation EU

SFR/Deso/BB - 01.12.2012

in WvW

Posted by: Neito.5308

Neito.5308

If the deso thief who kept poking hills on your borderland sees this, thank you for keeping me entertained for 20 or so minutes, shame I gave up trying to catch you.

SFR/Deso/BB - 01.12.2012

in WvW

Kraken.7514

Two weeks ago we lived the transformation of a T2 server into a T1 one.

T2 was Elonas Reach, Baruch Bay and Arborstone.

First week scores: Elona 226k BB 215k AS 182k

Second week scores: AS 327k Elona 153k BB 135k

The people who lived this transformation more or less agreed that the difference is real 24/7 coverage.

Arborstone suddenly had a 60+ army in almost every map at every single hour of the game.

Lets face it: none of the 3 servers in the actual match-up have real 24/7 coverage, in the numbers that T1 needs.

SFR is the one that aproaches this the most. Not only it has its core of hard working organizers but also enjoys a fairly large population. But I really think they still need a bit more population to reach T1, with its queues at almost all times.

Personally I dont really know if I would like that T2 seems a fine place to be for me.