Siege Bar - WvW Importance

in WvW

Posted by: kathy.8291

kathy.8291

*I am an advert WvW player and I get frustrated when i have to place siege that my Inventory bag is opened….

Anet can you please create a bar or something on the side or bottom of screen to keep our siege in. Therefore we dont have to decrease the inventory bag and leave it open, we can have the siege open on a bar and use it immediately.

Im sure other wvw commanders would agree it is a pain in the butt having the inventory bag open just to throw down siege. Please Please create something to leave it on the screen Opened.*

in WvW

kathy.8291

this will definitely make our lives easier as commanders and leaders when throwing down siege……

in WvW

Posted by: Jack Straw.8674

Jack Straw.8674

I agree. I have been commanding on both Dragonbrand and Henge of Denravi for several years now. This would be a most helpful tool, as I frequently end up fighting with my inventory open. Perhaps this could be an additional function of having a commander tag turned on. Thank you Anet for listening! Wharf
out

in WvW

Posted by: KimiFox.2074

KimiFox.2074

Agreed! Please help the Commanders out so they can stop taking their cranky out on us. But seriously, this is a much needed addition… and then some. Stay shiney. Kimi ^.^

in WvW

Posted by: Heibi.4251

Heibi.4251

Love this idea. Would help me deploy siege so much easier and keep my screen clear.

Leader of Central Anime(CA)
Tifa Ran/Ranger with a Pet
Commander WvW – Henge of Denravi

in WvW

Posted by: Kovu.7560

Kovu.7560

I’m on board with this.

~ Kovu

Charr Ranger, Necromancer, Thief
Fort Aspenwood. [CREW], [TLC], [ShW], [UNIV]

in WvW

Posted by: Cecilia.5179

Cecilia.5179

A siege placement bar?
Can it be account-wide too?
If so +1,000,000

Necromancer Rights Advocate
Restart WvW: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/Clean-The-Slate/first#post6208959
#CleanTheSlate

in WvW

Posted by: aandiarie.7195

aandiarie.7195

Yes please for sure try to do this

in WvW

Posted by: Barrie.2740

Barrie.2740

Yes, I agreed, and KISS it.

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

As long as the siege bar serve a good ale I suppose it would be nice.

in WvW

Posted by: primatos.5413

primatos.5413

Nice idea. +1

Lügen-Anet Anet-Lügen

in WvW

Posted by: XTR.9604

XTR.9604

Make it harder to throw down siege so people will be less likely to do it lol.

But really though, kidding aside, that is a good idea. I don’t personally find it very challenging to hit “i” then double click my siege weapon but having a siege bar would be cool to save me a couple of clicks.

Asphyxia [XT] – Crystal Desert & Fort Aspenwood Roamer
Twitch Stream – AsphyxiaXT
My Builds at XtremeTheory.com

in WvW

Posted by: Reh.5986

Reh.5986

Would be nice if you could have a bar view of the first 6 to 10 inventory slots. Then you could put food, siege, salvage kits, tonics etc there.

You would almost never have to open inventory.

in WvW

Posted by: Mighty Cole.7849

Mighty Cole.7849

I Agree! Good idea! +1

in WvW

kathy.8291

I brought this up to Anet a couple of times but I guess it wasnt lucrative enough. Have to be in wvw to understand how important it is to have a Siege Bar so you dont have to open inventory bag.

When your in a rush to take a tower or a keep and your fumbling through your inventory to look for stupid siege its a win or break situation before the zerg is on you. Every second counts when taking a keep or tower that is t3.

Anet please this time listen to us and Make WVW the way it use to be Great again.

in WvW

Posted by: XTR.9604

XTR.9604

When your in a rush to take a tower or a keep and your fumbling through your inventory to look for stupid siege its a win or break situation before the zerg is on you. Every second counts when taking a keep or tower that is t3.

Honestly, all I can really say to this is that you really need to organize your inventory better lol.

My inventory is always the same. Salvage kit, stones, food, rams, catas, then everything else. Siege is always right at the top.

Asphyxia [XT] – Crystal Desert & Fort Aspenwood Roamer
Twitch Stream – AsphyxiaXT
My Builds at XtremeTheory.com

in WvW

Posted by: Mylerian.9176

Mylerian.9176

Never had issues with what your saying. Throwing siege is the easiest part of WvW. Now you need a bar? Maybe just get good?

in WvW

Posted by: Baldrick.8967

Baldrick.8967

They will probably bring this idea in, as an extension of the account wide bags, so 500 gems per slot and you can have a maximum of 20 across your screen somewhere…

WvW player. Doing another world completion for my next Legendary. Hater of mini-games.

in WvW

Posted by: Balthazzarr.1349

Balthazzarr.1349

Totally +1 on that idea OP!

… just call me … Tim :)

in WvW

kathy.8291

the bar is easier than opening your inventory bag.. has nothing to do with sorting the inventory bag or throwing it down, its opening up the bag having it open on your screen especially when your in a rush to throw down siege.

in WvW

kathy.8291

Im really hoping Anet will take this into consideration since all the changes going on in wvw. Alot of WvW players quit playing and we just want to make it easier even for New Commanders learning. Why have your inventory bag open taking up room on the screen (even if you make it smaller) when you can have a siege bar including your wrenches, foods, boost.

Anet please do something to rectify the wvw mess and people leaving.

in WvW

Posted by: Samug.6512

Samug.6512

How about this: implement a special item, Siege-o-matic 9001. When right-clicked, an option “Consume all siege” would appear, that would take all existing siege from our inventory to Siege-o-matic 9001’s inventory. When used, Siege-o-matic 9001 would replace our skill-bar with siege weapons. You could cycle between normal, superior and guild siege just like in musical instruments. Each siege-icon would have a little number in a corner indicating how many of this siege you have, 250 max. Hovering mouse over the Siege-o-matic 9001 would show a description with an amount of each siege weapon.

You reduce inventory space taken by siege from ~14-16 to just one.

(edited by Samug.6512)

in WvW

Posted by: smithkt.8062

smithkt.8062

This is a good idea.

To echo one of the other responders, better organization will mitigate the problem to some degree. If you are commanding, I’d suggest using a Safe Box/Invisible Bag placed at the bottom or top of your inventory. Place all your siege in there and you will never have to worry about it moving around when you compact your inventory.

If you place it at the top, you can scale down your inventory window to show only the first bag slot with all your siege in it. This should help avoid the issues with the inventory blocking the screen.

in WvW

Posted by: Krevra.4289

Krevra.4289

I like this idea going through inv is pretty dumb, should have a bar or a key you can press

Number Fourtyseven
Guild leader of [BMS] Better Metal Snake

in WvW

Mighty Cole.7849

How about this. Make siege blueprints store in your wallet just like tokens, karma, etc. Assign customizable key bindings to each of them.

For Example:

Alt+1 = Equip Regular Flame Ram Blueprint
Ctrl+1 = Equip Superior Flame Ram Blueprint

(Key bindings can be changed in the Options>Control Options menu)

This way, you’re not wasting space in your inventory and you can equip siege blueprints with the touch of a button.

in WvW

Balthazzarr.1349

Storing siege in your wallet would make it even more difficult to get to when you need it quick. Not a good idea.

in WvW

Balthazzarr.1349

How about this: implement a special item, Siege-o-matic 9001. When right-clicked, an option “Consume all siege” would appear, that would take all existing siege from our inventory to Siege-o-matic 9001’s inventory. When used, Siege-o-matic 9001 would replace our skill-bar with siege weapons. You could cycle between normal, superior and guild siege just like in musical instruments. Each siege-icon would have a little number in a corner indicating how many of this siege you have, 250 max. Hovering mouse over the Siege-o-matic 9001 would show a description with an amount of each siege weapon.

This sounds like a very not so good idea. Nobody wants to have their skill bar replaced. Plus, that would add a couple steps to the process and still would not make the siege readily available like a separate bar that stays resident on the screen ready to be clicked on at any time.

in WvW

Mighty Cole.7849

How about this. Make siege blueprints store in your wallet just like tokens, karma, etc. Assign customizable key bindings to each of them.

For Example:

This way, you’re not wasting space in your inventory and you can equip siege blueprints with the touch of a button.

Storing siege in your wallet would make it even more difficult to get to when you need it quick. Not a good idea.

OMG! I can’t believe I have to dumb this down, but I’ll try. You do NOT have to open your wallet to drop siege. Blueprints are stored in the wallet to save space in your inventory. What I’m proposing is, assign Key Bindings to blueprints. Therefore, you do NOT need to open your inventory/wallet in order to equip siege. You simply press a button and the siege will appear in your hands.

in WvW

Posted by: Aury.1367

Aury.1367

This is such a good idea, they will just forget about it.

in WvW

Balthazzarr.1349

For Example:

OMG! I can’t believe I have to dumb this down, but I’ll try. You do NOT have to open your wallet to drop siege. Blueprints are stored in the wallet to save space in your inventory. What I’m proposing is, assign Key Bindings to blueprints. Therefore, you do NOT need to open your inventory/wallet in order to equip siege. You simply press a button and the siege will appear in your hands.

I suppose if I had READ your short post more clearly I would have seen you were suggesting a very good idea! My apologies… and I agree with you!

in WvW

Posted by: Zephyra.4709

Zephyra.4709

It’s been asked for, for a long time now.

Just implement a bar on the side of the screen somewhere that acts as a siege blueprint inventory.

It will always be there when you need it and would not screw up using actual skills like Guardian Shouts as someone suggested, badly, to override the skill bar.

I legit wouldn’t care if ANet charged us for individual slots, I want a nice feature as such. Please.

Tip for those complaining it takes too long to find siege blueprints…. You really need to get priorities right for the game mode you’re stepping into. I ALWAYS have blueprints up the top ready to go, typically in an invisible bag so I don’t accidentally sell it etc. Then food, primers, other gear, siege traps.

TLDR tip: chuck all the WvW things you use at top of inventory for maximum efficiency.

in WvW

kathy.8291

I have been asking for this for a long time now and still waiting for Anet to initiate this suggestion. I understand the importance of where to put your siege in your inventory bag and keeping it in order, but why do we have to leave our inventory bag open and take up room on the screen where you can have a mini bar and click its placed…. It will not interrupt the visual effects on the screen and no reason why we need to have our bag open while fighting.

When your in the middle of the zerg fight you click bag closed (especially if your commanding) then click bag open again when your about to place the siege down (no need for that). Anet can design something simple and easy for our siege, food, utilities, boost, the way anet designs alot of new things for PVE…

in WvW

Posted by: Samug.6512

Samug.6512

This sounds like a very not so good idea. Nobody wants to have their skill bar replaced. Plus, that would add a couple steps to the process and still would not make the siege readily available like a separate bar that stays resident on the screen ready to be clicked on at any time.

I admit, more complicated process. But skill bar is being replaced now, too.

in WvW

kathy.8291

I admit, more complicated process. But skill bar is being replaced now, too.[/quote]

The skill bar WILL NOT be replaced, just put an addition on it or on the side of the screen a bar to hold siege, boost, food and utilitizes.

in WvW

Balthazzarr.1349

Yes, you would just double click on the item in the bar (in my way of thinking) then place the item where you wanted. It would never alter your skill bar in that case, it will simply be an ‘external’ type of skill.