SO and I are looking to switch servers. Help?

in WvW

Posted by: Illharess.6509

Illharess.6509

We just want to get away from our old server and into something new. We want a medium population server, so we can actually afford the switch. Looking for a friendly server that’s good for a casual WvWer to pop in and follow a commander for a while, without needing to join a WvW-focused guild. Decent activity with no/low queues would be awesome. We’re leaving Anvil Rock, and considering Crystal Desert. Does this sound like a good fit? Any other suggestions?

Remaining on AR is not an option, neither of us has any interest whatsoever in staying here. That means we’d also prefer a server that isn’t frequently paired with AR.

For reference, these are the servers currently listed as medium population:
Ferguson’s Crossing, Devona’s Rest, Kaineng, Darkhaven, Eredon Terrace, Ehmry Bay, Borlis Pass, Sorrow’s Furnace, Isle of Janthir, Crystal Desert, Sanctum of Rall, Henge of Denravi, Gate of Madness.

High servers, in case they dip down at night (I think I read that pop is based on number online, not on server?): Dragonbrand, Fort Aspenwood, Northern Shiverpeaks, Stormbluff Isle.

(NA by the way)
EDIT: I don’t mean to dissuade anyone from staying on or moving to Anvil Rock! Our reasons for leaving are entirely personal and have nothing to do with the server as a whole.

(edited by Illharess.6509)

in WvW

Posted by: Ni In.6578

Ni In.6578

CD! Get your free Spanish lessons.

WvW Rank – keeps going up
Server: Crystal Desert (so toxic!) | “Make CD DVD Again”
Guilds: [VII] – They let me claim stuff

in WvW

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

SF if you want to continue your spanish course after the link end.
You’ll also learn how to KOTA stack. Just stay on tag and don’t ask questions.

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

in WvW

Posted by: SkyShroud.2865

SkyShroud.2865

HOD is a borderline “High” server, that is to say it is close to “High” server pop. This is a good chance to transfer into HOD at low cost before it turns into “High” pop again. Also, so far, HOD has not linked with AR.

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

in WvW

Ni In.6578

SF if you want to continue your spanish course after the link end.
You’ll also learn how to KOTA stack. Just stay on tag and don’t ask questions.

And when you’re done KOTA stacking (it should only last 5 seconds), make sure waypoint to stay on tag.

in WvW

Posted by: shiri.4257

shiri.4257

just bring something relevant to wvw and you’ll be fine on CD. excludes: vault thieves and bristleback rangers in a zerg. but they be fine if u run around smacking scrubs in a camp.

Some of the more laid back guilds in wvw on CD: None of the guilds raid more than 15hrs/week i think.

[FoC] [zAp] [OTBH] [Wolf]

~Kasumei/Machiato
Desert Spectre [VII]-Crystal Desert
“You’re never out of the fight.”

in WvW

Posted by: Pelto.9364

Pelto.9364

Gunnar’s Hold has family planning program.

in WvW

Illharess.6509

I have a guardian/DH that I’d probably be bringing around, not sure what he’d bring.
I honestly have no idea what KOTA stacking is, I don’t wvw often. :P I will need to soon to finish a reward track, but otherwise, it’s just kind of… Popping in there when I have nothing left to do. We may also be flying solo, guild-wise, for a while, so zergs that anyone can join without being pressured to be in a guild are nice!

Still leaning toward CD, but HoD is a good friendly, casual-friendly place with a good amount of action, too? How are queues in either of these servers? Since I do prefer to go in at random, I’m not sure I’d honestly have the patience to wait to get onto a map.

in WvW

shiri.4257

CD is potato farming server. we don’t raid more or less. we sit in smc and farm potatoes. So when the guilds raid there will be plenty of action. When they don’t, you’ll have to learn spanish and follow SF. AR was linked with us before, they were quite friendly with us. The few METL and ALS guild guys we met.

HOD is rumored to be losing guilds, although not confirmed.

~Kasumei/Machiato

in WvW

Illharess.6509

I’m sure AR is still full of friendly people, there’s just a few there we’d rather get away from. :P By potato farming, do you mean like… the nodes or players
I know “aqui”, that is enough spanish, yes? ;D

Hmm, I’ll wait to hear on the status of HoD then. Wednesday isn’t exactly the best day to buy gems with gold anyway. Honestly I just really want a steady server where I can follow the zerg and work on some WvW reward tracks.

in WvW

Jeknar.6184

HOD is rumored to be losing guilds, although not confirmed.

HoD only have 1 decent WvW guild (RED) and a bunch of garbage PPT scrubs.

WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points

in WvW

Ni In.6578

Here’s how CD potato farms:

in WvW

SkyShroud.2865

I’m sure AR is still full of friendly people, there’s just a few there we’d rather get away from. :P By potato farming, do you mean like… the nodes or players
I know “aqui”, that is enough spanish, yes? ;D

Hmm, I’ll wait to hear on the status of HoD then. Wednesday isn’t exactly the best day to buy gems with gold anyway. Honestly I just really want a steady server where I can follow the zerg and work on some WvW reward tracks.

I will be honest with you, I am not good with silly things like lies or propaganda nor do I have the time for those. Likewise, I am not interested in cheating people into servers, wasting their time and money.

HOD does not has a lot of NA guilds but I doubt that is a issue for you since you are not looking for a guild to WvW with but a zerg to pug with. In that aspect, we have that kind of zerg and is commonly found in many different timezones in HOD.

Among all the medium servers, I strongly believe that HOD is the closest to become a “High” server, simply because it was a “High” server on previous link. It has been flipping between “Medium” and “High” every now and then. In that aspect, now is the best value to transfer into HOD, otherwise it will flip back up to “High”, doubling the gem cost.

HOD has a good coverage, it does not has strong coverage like the T1/T2 servers but you will find guilds and commanders at multiple timezones. So, if you plays long hours or random hours, HOD certainly is a good choice in that aspect.

Do we win? Yes we do. Check http://mos.millenium.org/na and you will see that we do win despite outnumbered in certain timing. You might wonder why we are outnumbered despite hitting “High” population, it is simply because of our coverage, our numbers are spread to cover a lot of timezones and that itself is a evidence that we are growing in the right direction, as a server, towards the higher tier in the aspect of coverage war. Finally, you can visit http://www.wvwstats.com for the KDR, you can see death counts and from there you can make a comparison to other servers you are interested to join.

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

in WvW

Illharess.6509

You’re really making HoD sound like the place for us to go! A zerg to pug with, throughout many different timezones, with good coverage, sounds like exactly what I’m looking for. Thanks! I’ll get the dude to update his game so he’s ready for the swap, and we’ll probably move over there in the next couple of days.

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

All the lower tier servers kind of suck right now. We switched to DarkHaven for a few weeks just to play with some different folk on FA. So far been fun.

Unfortunately, the best servers are locked right now and they aren’t matching lower tier servers up with them. Do not go to DB or link to them unless you play in off-hours. It gets steam rolled during NA Prime and the pug zerg on that server is kinda sad. Some good and friendly players but it is kinda a PvD server leaving NA Prime outmanned most nights.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

in WvW

Posted by: CrimeMaker.8612

CrimeMaker.8612

SBI is a good option because there are so many ez anvil rock people here

in WvW

Ni In.6578

I thought TIME spent their … time … map hoping in PvE advertising for TIME.

in WvW

SkyShroud.2865

I thought TIME spent their … time … map hoping in PvE advertising for TIME.

We are a true PvX guild, one of the very few true PvX guilds, capable of having WvW and pve raid activities running concurrently. In certain circumstance, we might actually be more WvWish than some WvW guilds. Naturally, PvX guilds that don’t do WvW yet call themselves PvX pale in comparison to us.

I appreciate any hates or supports from anyone, those are good representations of our success as a guild.

Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

in WvW

Ni In.6578

Well, we generally just roll TIME, so I can’t say I think one way or the other about TIME. I didn’t realize you were a PvX guild, though, so the PvE map hoping makes sense.

in WvW

Posted by: Mylerian.9176

Mylerian.9176

FA is the place to be. WP is recruiting.

in WvW

SkyShroud.2865

Well, we generally just roll TIME, so I can’t say I think one way or the other about TIME. I didn’t realize you were a PvX guild, though, so the PvE map hoping makes sense.

But generally you just blob us down or outnumber us down, we even have videos to prove since we record every single fights for AAR purposes.

Also, when we do official raid (during tuesday sea), we manage to hold off FA sea from our EBG keep where else you guys loses your’s even when you had 20 on your ts3 and zerg size capable of popping oj just by capping, for a few days straight. At that time (tuesday sea), we had 15ish from [TIME] and likewise 15ish in ts3.

Some VII members will argue they are pugs but they aren’t mere pugs, those are pugs that join ts3 and play regularly with your guild. HOD pugs at SEA timing don’t ever join ts3 and not much regular players. When [TIME] don’t raid with close to full force regardless core or not core wvwers, little will stay intact during SEA, that much is obvious on the days we don’t have official raid.

For a PvX guild, I am proud that it is capable of doing as much, if not better than some WvW guilds.

Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

(edited by SkyShroud.2865)

in WvW

Ni In.6578

VII SEA time is not prime time for VII. SEA gets us about 5 – 10 VII, many very new, remaining are pugs. SEA/OCX time frame is easily the weakest time frame for CD as a whole, and always has been (going back to pop balance…). Keep caps should be easy for any decent enemy during SEA/OCX.

During late NA Prime, we generally have 20 – 25 VII with good comp/builds/vets. It becomes fairly easy to farm really anyone, e.g. capping SBIs T3 SMC the other week. Cmdrs during NA Prime on SBI had a standing order to not allow VII into SMC inner, because at that point we’re just potato farming. Pugs may or may not stay on lord, but we generally don’t care if they cap.

in WvW

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

just come hod.
Its a midline server where its not dead and its not que on all maps. we usually come in 2nd and occasionally 1st. The server is medium activity most of the time because of the sea/ocx guilds.

I’m not sure why the posts above are crying at eachother, no one cares who is more “leet” in t4/3.

in WvW

SkyShroud.2865

VII SEA time is not prime time for VII. SEA gets us about 5 – 10 VII, many very new, remaining are pugs. SEA/OCX time frame is easily the weakest time frame for CD as a whole, and always has been (going back to pop balance…). Keep caps should be easy for any decent enemy during SEA/OCX.

During late NA Prime, we generally have 20 – 25 VII with good comp/builds/vets. It becomes fairly easy to farm really anyone, e.g. capping SBIs T3 SMC the other week. Cmdrs during NA Prime on SBI had a standing order to not allow VII into SMC inner, because at that point we’re just potato farming. Pugs may or may not stay on lord, but we generally don’t care if they cap.

Good for you! We are trying to find another 10 regular wvwers for our SEA wvw, to form a consistent 20ish sized guild zerg even outside official raid schedules, which should be enough for us to handle T2 and lower tier servers that has SEA forces but it isn’t easy to find SEA wvwers in lower tier.

Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

in WvW

Posted by: SlippyCheeze.5483

SlippyCheeze.5483

It’s worth noting that player behaviour is to cluster on specific “popular” servers, so as a rule of thumb you should go for the biggest and/or most famous server if at all possible.

Manual efforts (like “full” servers) can help with this some, but at the end of the day it’s impossible to get an MMO playerbase to balance evenly without forcing it.

in WvW

shiri.4257

would agree with slippy. flavor of the month is currently SBI. But as i said before, if you are looking for a true wvw experience. Find a guild that raids in your tz. The linkings allow us to fight every server from t2-t4. VII personally is only looking for match variety and potato farming anyone that steps into our tz. We take our losses with stride and look to improve. The linkings have also shattered the perception that higher tiers=better guilds/players.

We would welcome some [Time] videos of getting blobbed down. To be fair you should post a whole week’s worth of raids of when someone fights back and when there’s noone fighting back. That video Ni In posted up is just one of many sustained fights. It’s not even a whole raid. That is us as a guild showing up even during losses, hungering for those kind of fights.

If you are not interested in those kinds of fights. I do wish you well on HOD

~Kasumei/Machiato

in WvW

Posted by: blackmac.2685

blackmac.2685

I would not go with CD! Been there, and hated it. Most of the population of CD transferred there for easy wins when they had a 4 server team, and since they went to a regular 3 server team, they have not won anything. Bigtime bandwagon server where some guilds abandoned there home server for the 4 server mega stupidity.

Better off with the other options IMO. I have had a great time playing with EBay, SF, NSP and HoD…but I think NSP is high pop now. I’m with DH, and as much as I would like to promote DH, we lost many guilds after the team merges. However, with the way many guilds etc. go, DH may become the go to server this quarter because of our team up with FA. Reality is that transfers each rematch/merge is one main thing that is killing WvW, and some of the guilds I used to run with in DH that left for the easy wins I find sad.

As I said, CD was a go to point when they had 4 server team, but without a win since stripped of their mega server status, nothing, and many regret the server switch since.

I also find it humorous when a few members try to call CD “Christian Decency”. That is a whole other rant that is inappropriate IMO for the forums. So stay away from CD, it has more poison than greatness in my experience.

in WvW

Posted by: Norbe.7630

Norbe.7630

isnt Tyrian Misfits™ came from AR too?
they currently reside on GoM

Duterte Death Squad [DDS]
Gate of Madness

in WvW

Ni In.6578

There is zero, absolutely zero reward for winning. WvW is only about having fun and community. Going higher tiers is just about bandwagoning only to find out the higher tier server dropped because all of the good guilds left (see TC → SBI right now). And I’ve only heard CD be called “Christian Decency” as a joke -- ’cause we toxic… which is not poison. CD is a great place for couples!

in WvW

blackmac.2685

I certainly did not find it a great place for “couples” lol.

each to there own, you have fun where your friends are mostly.

I did not like my time on CD at all, as a server OR as a server team mate. And as far as the bandwagon you stated Ni In, CD was one of the largest recipients of bandwagon servers when you were running wild with 4 teams. Since then, nothing but losses, and guilds that can’t afford to leave again, for the next flavour of the quarter.

I was a member of one of the guilds that left DH for CD. I stayed with them with my alt that was on CD server, and my main stayed on DH and still has a free transfer. I can tell you that many are regretting the move, and they jumped on a bandwagon for the 4 server team, and now have squat. Just calling it from experience. I still have my alt on CD, but have stopped playing it almost entirely, and some of my old CD friends have left for other servers already.

in WvW

Ni In.6578

You’re too focused on “winning”. Winning means zip, zero, nada in WvW.

in WvW

blackmac.2685

LOL not at all. Coming from DH we have had some tough times. That being said, when we were teamed with EBay and SF, we had some good matches regardless of the score we lost from. So the fact I have stuck with DH has no bearing on the win/loss ratio. I just didn’t like the bandwagon train that CD had when 4 servers teamed up to win T4, and lose miserably ever after. Not the great server that players seemed to flock to when they were advantaged. I have enjoyed my WvW games with every team mate. FC, SF, Ebay, NSP and now FA. The only one that has been no fun at all was CD for me. Win or lose. The best commanders are from other servers, and so many, even on the forums still ask for a 4th server again….why? cause they are tired of losing and the transfers are starting to regret their choice of move.

I’m glad you, and I assume, your partner as a “couple” love playing on CD. I’m sure there are great people in your community you play with and I do know many great people on CD as well. Just for me, it was not that way, nor for my partner or the friends that have left for other servers. Home server should be where your friends are, and that should be where you have the most fun in WvW. Every person will have a different choice on how that looks. I’m just sharing mine for the OP.

in WvW

Posted by: Karnasis.6892

Karnasis.6892

I’d honestly would say almost any server, I’m not going to try to convince you to come to CD, but if anything, I would encourage you to avoid Eredon Terrace.

Unless something has changed since several ET guilds left for CD (mine included), it’s been basically relegated to T1/T2 links (since it’s NOT a host server).

I just didn’t like the bandwagon train that CD had when 4 servers teamed up to win T4, and lose miserably ever after. Not the great server that players seemed to flock to when they were advantaged. I have enjoyed my WvW games with every team mate. FC, SF, Ebay, NSP and now FA. The only one that has been no fun at all was CD for me. Win or lose. The best commanders are from other servers, and so many, even on the forums still ask for a 4th server again….why? cause they are tired of losing and the transfers are starting to regret their choice of move.

Eh, CD currently essentially got their “4th server” with a large portion of ET transferring to it 2 months back. We’re still in last in T4. I know personally a lot of us were just unhappy bouncing from tier to tier, and as of late ET, as I posted above, are stuck in in T1/T2 (which a good portion of us hated). Being in last on T4 basically insures at the moment that we won’t be moving up anytime soon, and I know a lot of us couldn’t be more happy.

in WvW

Posted by: Balthazzarr.1349

Balthazzarr.1349

We just want to get away from our old server and into something new. We want a medium population server, so we can actually afford the switch. Looking for a friendly server that’s good for a casual WvWer to pop in and follow a commander for a while, without needing to join a WvW-focused guild. Decent activity with no/low queues would be awesome. We’re leaving Anvil Rock, and considering Crystal Desert. Does this sound like a good fit? Any other suggestions?

Remaining on AR is not an option, neither of us has any interest whatsoever in staying here. That means we’d also prefer a server that isn’t frequently paired with AR.

For reference, these are the servers currently listed as medium population:
Ferguson’s Crossing, Devona’s Rest, Kaineng, Darkhaven, Eredon Terrace, Ehmry Bay, Borlis Pass, Sorrow’s Furnace, Isle of Janthir, Crystal Desert, Sanctum of Rall, Henge of Denravi, Gate of Madness.

High servers, in case they dip down at night (I think I read that pop is based on number online, not on server?): Dragonbrand, Fort Aspenwood, Northern Shiverpeaks, Stormbluff Isle.

(NA by the way)
EDIT: I don’t mean to dissuade anyone from staying on or moving to Anvil Rock! Our reasons for leaving are entirely personal and have nothing to do with the server as a whole.

If you’re looking for a medium linked server with a good community still then you might consider Borlis Pass. We came close to imploding like one or two of the others I know of but managed to “revive” and have a group of people that really just love to go in and have fun. I won’t say we’re better or worse than anyone… but we do have a nice upbeat bunch of folks. Message me anytime in game or on the Borlis.org web site and we can chat. Wherever you do end up… have fun!

… just call me … Tim :)

in WvW

Posted by: apharma.3741

apharma.3741

The only way to guarantee you will not see AR again, whether be paired with or against is to move to EU.

If you move to say Baruch Bay you’ll be playing with hundreds of people from your time zone, all PvDing the night away….

…don’t expect them to speak a word of English though.

In all seriousness if you have weird times of play and REALLY want to never see AR again EU is a serious thought.

in WvW

Jeknar.6184

LOL not at all. Coming from DH we have had some tough times. That being said, when we were teamed with EBay and SF, we had some good matches regardless of the score we lost from. So the fact I have stuck with DH has no bearing on the win/loss ratio. I just didn’t like the bandwagon train that CD had when 4 servers teamed up to win T4, and lose miserably ever after. Not the great server that players seemed to flock to when they were advantaged. I have enjoyed my WvW games with every team mate. FC, SF, Ebay, NSP and now FA. The only one that has been no fun at all was CD for me. Win or lose. The best commanders are from other servers, and so many, even on the forums still ask for a 4th server again….why? cause they are tired of losing and the transfers are starting to regret their choice of move.

DH was never linked with SF (thank god) and I don’t recall anyone asking a 4th link for CD… I see it happening only as joke manner just as people keep asking to open BG (Anet plz make it true).

in WvW

shiri.4257

I would not go with CD! Been there, and hated it. Most of the population of CD transferred there for easy wins when they had a 4 server team, and since they went to a regular 3 server team, they have not won anything. Bigtime bandwagon server where some guilds abandoned there home server for the 4 server mega stupidity.

Better off with the other options IMO. I have had a great time playing with EBay, SF, NSP and HoD…but I think NSP is high pop now. I’m with DH, and as much as I would like to promote DH, we lost many guilds after the team merges. However, with the way many guilds etc. go, DH may become the go to server this quarter because of our team up with FA. Reality is that transfers each rematch/merge is one main thing that is killing WvW, and some of the guilds I used to run with in DH that left for the easy wins I find sad.

As I said, CD was a go to point when they had 4 server team, but without a win since stripped of their mega server status, nothing, and many regret the server switch since.

I also find it humorous when a few members try to call CD “Christian Decency”. That is a whole other rant that is inappropriate IMO for the forums. So stay away from CD, it has more poison than greatness in my experience.

I think every CD guild that was part of the 4 server bandwagon is still here. At least all the major ones. We are a Christian server? I thought Maguuma already took that?

And all the guilds that were on 1/3 linked servers and hoping to be linked in T1 and part of the circus is continuing on their merry way as a fight guild that’s only looking for ez wins.

But blackmac has a good point. Look for a guild to play with to call friends. Don’t look at the server. Look for the playstyle that fits you. servers are pretty much slowly being shattered and focusing around the guild and the allies that run with it. Most hardcore wvwers have come to the reality, that not 1 tier has better players than others with the links. It’s just which guild is better than others.

~Kasumei/Machiato

(edited by shiri.4257)

in WvW

Illharess.6509

O wow, sorry, I left this for a couple days while i had other stuff, so I’ll read through and answer as appropriate!
We’re focused on GoM or HoD right now. I had a chat with someone on SoS, and she said that GoM (who’s paired with SoS) is doing very well, but I have heard the same of HoD. HoD has a slight edge for us since it was my first server way back at prelaunch. I’ve heard that HoD may have the best time coverage, and since my WvW time is pretty much “whenever I feel like it” rather than any set time, it sounds preferable.

I do have friends on NA servers, so I don’t want to leave there completely. There’s just a select few that are either very AR-loyal or just don’t care enough to switch.
I really appreciate all your feedback, thank you all! HoD is looking to be our place to switch, with GoM as a close second.

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

EU > NA.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

in WvW

Posted by: Norbe.7630

Norbe.7630

O wow, sorry, I left this for a couple days while i had other stuff, so I’ll read through and answer as appropriate!
We’re focused on GoM or HoD right now. I had a chat with someone on SoS, and she said that GoM (who’s paired with SoS) is doing very well, but I have heard the same of HoD. HoD has a slight edge for us since it was my first server way back at prelaunch. I’ve heard that HoD may have the best time coverage, and since my WvW time is pretty much “whenever I feel like it” rather than any set time, it sounds preferable.

I do have friends on NA servers, so I don’t want to leave there completely. There’s just a select few that are either very AR-loyal or just don’t care enough to switch.
I really appreciate all your feedback, thank you all! HoD is looking to be our place to switch, with GoM as a close second.

then this may help you choose aside from other people’s pov between HoD and GoM
https://wvwintel.com/#1007

goodluck

Duterte Death Squad [DDS]
Gate of Madness

in WvW

SkyShroud.2865

GOM is guest server which means it depends on the dev’s discretion to put them with whatever server which often lead to a common guest servers complains which is lack of community because players changes (every two months due to the link).

For status update, HOD is not doing that good in NA time as we are seriously lacking NA zerg guilds leading to no queue (yes, literally no queue even with 2 links) while our opponents easily queued 4 maps on reset. To put it really simple, when other servers say their NA fights are challenging and so on, it is not comparable to HOD’s literally outnumbered environments. However, we pick up from our coverage.

HOD often go through tough matches because we often bounce up and down between T3 and T4 so even some of our off coverage may get outnumbered but we still plays on anyway. Personally, I think guilds that don’t turn up during their scheduled raids just because they will get outnumbered is a embarrassment. So far, our off coverage guilds always running regularly on their scheduled raids.

However, if you don’t mind getting thrown randomly with dev’s discretion, then you can choose any of the guest servers but personally I don’t think there’s any point to transfer if it is to move to another guest server. What difference does it makes to move from one guest server to another?

Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

in WvW

Jeknar.6184

What difference does it makes to move from one guest server to another?

If the people he don’t want to be with are on the same guest server as him, moving to any server will lower the chances that he will be in the same team as these people again. Moving to a host or to a guest won’t matter, as the chance that he might just end up linked with AR doesn’t go away.

@OP Honestly, your best bet is to move to a guest that usually is put up alone, so you minimize the chances of having AR on your pairing. Gate of Madness haven’t been in a tri-link yet, so I guess that might be your best bet (and you already showed interest on it). Other servers that been solo as guests are Darkhaven and Emhry Bay (But they been on tri-links in some pairings).

in WvW

Posted by: thepinkthingy.5921

thepinkthingy.5921

Every server depends on their people, each to his/her own. All the best to whichever server you choose

They Came We Lag [LAG]
Isle of Janthir
#MakeIoJgreatagain

in WvW

SkyShroud.2865

If the people he don’t want to be with are on the same guest server as him, moving to any server will lower the chances that he will be in the same team as these people again. Moving to a host or to a guest won’t matter, as the chance that he might just end up linked with AR doesn’t go away.

You mean…..not wanting to be on the same server as the person you dislike? But, I don’t think OP mentioned that, he mention he just want a new environment to start with.

We would welcome some [Time] videos of getting blobbed down. To be fair you should post a whole week’s worth of raids of when someone fights back and when there’s noone fighting back. That video Ni In posted up is just one of many sustained fights. It’s not even a whole raid. That is us as a guild showing up even during losses, hungering for those kind of fights.

Honestly speaking, that video you talking about is showing a 36-8 men squad, pretty much a blob size, that is so organised that it has no thieves and druid, killing pugs that are obviously disorganized then later on further blobbed up with what I suppose is a pug tag. That video isn’t about you losing and well, I guess it does show the fights you are hungering for.

Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

in WvW

Ni In.6578

Of course it’s organized. There’s no SMC potato farming without organization. It’s quite fun and worth significantly more than the PPT of the cap and hold… Not to mention the personal benefit of T6 mats.

in WvW

Illharess.6509

What are guest servers, and where can I find a list of them, please?
And as usual, thank you all for your contribution. <3

I like the sound of HoD fighting on and staying active even when outnumbered, honestly. It sounds like there will still be something to do even if you’re getting stomped!

Also we are interested in escaping a few select people who are either AR-loyal or aren’t going to care enough to change. These people are blocked, but there’s something to be said about not even seeing those names in a zerg! But yes, we also really want a new environment/clean start

(edited by Illharess.6509)

in WvW

Jeknar.6184

You mean…..not wanting to be on the same server as the person you dislike? But, I don’t think OP mentioned that, he mention he just want a new environment to start with.

Then you missed this post:

I’m sure AR is still full of friendly people, there’s just a few there we’d rather get away from.

in WvW

SkyShroud.2865

Then you missed this post:

I’m sure AR is still full of friendly people, there’s just a few there we’d rather get away from.

You are right, I did miss that post.

Ermm, currently we have linking right? The linking works by selecting 12 servers as the “host” while the rest as the “guest”. The 12 servers usually are the top 12 biggest servers. To see who are the host and guest servers, you can check sites like mos.millenium.org/na in which you can see the host server as a link while the guest servers are indicated by the smaller plus text.

The host and guest servers can change since population is volatile but so far have not for past 3 (I think) relinks. The only exception to this trend is during the 2nd relink where dev has two pairs of top 12 servers while having a 4 server links.

For the guest servers, they will be shuffled to different host servers as a need to for population balance. So, the guest servers will get link up to different host servers thus it is very possible for the guest servers to interact with all 24 servers throughout the different relinks. However, it might not happen for host servers, the host servers (if didn’t become guest) at most will interact with the bottom 12 servers.

Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

in WvW

Jeknar.6184

The guest servers are: Ehmry Bay, Sorrow’s Furnace, Gate of Madness, Ferguson’s Crossing, Darkhaven, Devona’s Rest, Borlis Pass, Sanctum of Rall, Eredon Terrace, Kaineng, Isle of Janthir and Anvil Rock.
These servers get moved around and linked with new partners every 2 months in a atempt of balancing populations across the tiers. They ultimately fail in this aspect, but they bring a varierity to the stale matchups we had prior the server links.

I like the sound of HoD fighting on and staying active even when outnumbered, honestly. It sounds like there will still be something to do even if you’re getting stomped!

Well, my server just got out of a link with HoD and it was the worst experience post-links I had so far (even worse than DH+EBay versus the world). If you just want to play casually and don’t mind getting farmed while losing fights you should be winning, sure, HoD won’t be a problem to you. But if you are looking for a server with competent players/guilds, you are looking the wrong way… As I said before, the only decent WvW guild in HoD is RED. Outside that, it will be sometimes worse than playing alone (At least alone there are no rallybots).

in WvW

Posted by: HazyDaisy.4107

HazyDaisy.4107

Gom was in a tri link, with SF and FC during that weird linking where NSP and HOD played guests and SF and CD got host (first below 12th opportunity for CD and the start of quad :p)

Sorrows Furnace
[HaHa] Hazardous Hallucination