STRAWPOLL: what do you want!? Plz vote n bump

in WvW

Posted by: CrimeMaker.8612

CrimeMaker.8612

http://strawpoll.me/6203125
Here’s of straw poll of few options anet can do to help WvW population out and restore it a little bit.

in WvW

Posted by: Diku.2546

Diku.2546

None of your choices.

If this was the real world. Your #1 choice approved by all the people of the world.

Merge All Countries into USA, Russia, and China.

Yaks Bend, Jade Quarry, and Blackgate

You need to have a 4th choice.

4) None of the above

I think ANet uses their data statistics in much the same way that you’re setting up this straw poll.

You really have good intentions…thank you for trying to rally the WvW Community.

Diku

in WvW

Posted by: Chunky Milk.2130

Chunky Milk.2130

If i were to participate in a poll, i’d like it to have more than 1 option reworded three times.

[Hide]/[DP]

in WvW

Posted by: Jim Hunter.6821

Jim Hunter.6821

If i were to participate in a poll, i’d like it to have more than 1 option reworded three times.

I lol’d.

“None of the above” for me.

Also known as Puck when my account isn’t suspended
LGN

in WvW

Posted by: Deniara Devious.3948

Deniara Devious.3948

Merge the lowest servers with some medium population servers would do the smallest harm. What are the opinions of those players who will play on very low ranking servers, like Blacktide or Underworld?

The queues have been long gone. Even on EU tier 1 it is pretty empty. Desolation rarely has queue to any map and there is always 3/4 of maps without queue. Outside prime time you can maybe see 10-20 of us in EB plus similar amount of enemies and few players on all the borders.

Deniara / Ayna – I want the original WvWvW maps back – Desolation [EU]

in WvW

Jim Hunter.6821

Merge the lowest servers with some medium population servers would do the smallest harm. What are the opinions of those players who will play on very low ranking servers, like Blacktide or Underworld?

The queues have been long gone. Even on EU tier 1 it is pretty empty. Desolation rarely has queue to any map and there is always 3/4 of maps without queue. Outside prime time you can maybe see 10-20 of us in EB plus similar amount of enemies and few players on all the borders.

There is no point in merging servers until they sort out all the bull kitten they introduced with HoT.
Merging servers without fixing the problems will just drive more people from the game.

LGN

in WvW

Posted by: Ironvos.9014

Ironvos.9014

Neither of those.
Instead they should fix WvW so that more people actually want to play it.

For starters undoing everything they changed with HoT.
Make WvW more rewarding.
Make it possible for small and big wvw guilds to apply upgrades on claimed objectives without breaking the bank. These should be earned in WvW, not PvE.
Allow all stat sets to be purchasable with badges of honor.
How stupid is it that even now the only jewelry that can be bought with badges is PVT.
Balance the elite specs and revenant so that they are an addition to the game rather than a straight upgrade.

Far Shiverpeaks
Luna Solares – Mesmer

in WvW

Posted by: Kaiser.9873

Kaiser.9873

Yeah it’s far less simple than the available choices in the poll.

>Guild upgrades for WvW need to be on par with the normal WvW play.
>WvW has been lacking any kind of unique rewards forever, and the modes they want to hype get rewards tracks, special skins, tournaments, raids, etc.
>They backed the wrong horse in the eSportz category. Should’ve gone with GvG instead.
>WvW needs to be brought into the fold by allowing WvW players to actually acquire gear that is equivalent to the other game modes while playing WvW.
>We actually need a seat at the table on their meetings when ideas are tossed around, rather than being outside looking in every….single…time.
>They added the new maps, but forgot to add a way to get the new mats in any kind of consistent basis. It’s the desert, and we can’t get any sand over here?
>Making WvW players go to PvE for everything they need all the time is getting super old.

There are very few ways to resurrect WvW right now. They have got to address it soon, or they will lose even more players.

in WvW

Posted by: Nausicca.6038

Nausicca.6038

I want a #fitetier

VoxL, NSPPT

in WvW

Posted by: Vieux P.1238

Vieux P.1238

you forgot none of the above

in WvW

Posted by: Deniara Devious.3948

Deniara Devious.3948

There is no point in merging servers until they sort out all the bull kitten they introduced with HoT.
Merging servers without fixing the problems will just drive more people from the game.

You misunderstood me. I would also want WvWvW being reset to what it was, but I don’t think it is going to happen.

I still hope we would get the original Alpine borderland (with lake instead of ruins) back before it is too late. The player base is bleeding on every tier, even on EU rank #1 server.

Now Arenanet is probably thinking, “let’s give the Desert Borderland a few more years time for players to adopt to it”. They really don’t understand that the majority of players didn’t like the changes, Desert BL is simply way too different from the original maps and there is NO way to fix it as that would require complete redesign of the map. Also the automatic upgrades were a big bad change as it just encourages off-time capping and creates even more imbalanced matches. With the rest of the changes I am fine with. Actually the sentries now make more sense and it was a good change that consumables are limited to +/- 20% condition duration.

Deniara / Ayna – I want the original WvWvW maps back – Desolation [EU]

in WvW

Posted by: Rin.1046

Rin.1046

I voted Factions / Alliance / Megaserver because of the following:

- Server pride becomes faction pride = no difference to how things work now.

- Megaserver tech has the potential to ensure populations are good at all times and reduces the queue times by opening new map instances when needed.

- Removes prejudice against real world nationalities and refocuses it against a made up group. ‘Lets beat those French scrum’ becomes ‘Lets beat those Order of Whispers scum’.

I personally see no valid reason to keep the server set up as we currently have it, when a faction and megaserver system could replace it just as well and would actually improve things in terms of population balance and queue times.

Simplicity is complex.

Good feedback is key to getting the developers to listen to you.

in WvW

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

Can we please stop suggesting to merge the kittening servers? I’m so beyond sick of this weird desire that people have to pile everyone on to 3 different servers to recreate an EotM type atmosphere.

The bottom 3 servers in T8 I’m sure have their own community and they’re not any less valuable than a T1 server in that regard. However if any servers were to be merged, I’d say at the very most it should only be those bottom three. Even then, I don’t think it should happen.

As I’d said in another thread, whether people want to believe it or not, WvW server community is a very important aspect of the game. You would see how hollow it’d feel without the people you’re familiar with always being around to welcome you. Some people are more social with their guild than their server and those are most often the people that bandwagon to different servers with their guild not ever making friends with the people on the server that their apart of. Their opinion on the matter is irrelevant for exactly those reasons.

Merging the servers or making factions will not solve anything. It will only make for an obscene amount of clutter and drama with all fights dying out in a matter of months before everything resorts to pure karma train PvD then quickly followed by WvW’s absolute end.

It might feel less populated at times but it’s better for WvW to fluctuate in it’s activity than to completely overhaul it’s design for a short lived renewal in activity before it totally implodes.

Gonna stop reading threads that want to see the faction/server merge thing happen now because it’s really starting to kitten me off, so this’ll be my last 2 cents on the matter:

All of you that want the servers to merge should all pile in to T1 and leave the rest of us the kitten alone.

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

in WvW

Jim Hunter.6821

- Megaserver tech has the potential to ensure populations are good at all times and reduces the queue times by opening new map instances when needed.

How do you expect that to work? What happens when people bandwagon onto one alliance/faction? You’ll end up with that side getting extra maps that they fully control because there is no opposition.

What happens when it’s the middle of the night and the population drops off? Do they start forcing people to leave instances so they can shut down the extras? What happens to the gold spent on guild upgrades for the structures on those instances?

LGN

in WvW

Posted by: Rin.1046

Rin.1046

How do you expect that to work? What happens when people bandwagon onto one alliance/faction? You’ll end up with that side getting extra maps that they fully control because there is no opposition.

People bandwagoning together all into one group already happens now, changing things to a faction based set up would not change that behaviour. However, if there was only 3 factions to choose I believe this would be less likely to happen. If everyone piled into one faction, they would effectively destroy the game mode by their own hand, and that would be an extremely stupid move on our part. Besides, it is very likely players would be distributed fairly evenly to start with, as there is nothing to base our choice on other than an aesthetic one, and Anet could always offer incentives to swap factions should things get out of balance. However it works, whether it be server based or faction based, players will always jump ship to make life easier for themselves. But with megaserver tech and an even balance at the start, player populations should remain balanced.

What happens when it’s the middle of the night and the population drops off? Do they start forcing people to leave instances so they can shut down the extras? What happens to the gold spent on guild upgrades for the structures on those instances?

As to maps shutting down, I suspect when a map gets empty players will naturally migrate to a more populated map. And obviously the way upgrades work would need to change. For example, a global resource system may need to be created, so any gold spent on upgrades goes into a global pot, which can be carried between map instances, with each map having a spend limit or something. Then should a map be closed, all spent resources for each faction would be returned to the global pool

I don’t know the details on how these systems can work, but I am sure with enough brain power put into it something could be developed. An alliance set up would obviously result in some systems changing, but I am sure it could work and would be better than the current set up we have, which is clearly not working.

Sometimes player choice is essential, but on occasion it is detrimental. And in my opinion, in WvW, the player’s ability to choose from a large number of servers has been to the detriment of the game mode. Players have server hopped, match fixed and tier jumped for a long time now, and the system clearly doesn’t work. Anet tried to make a game mode that should have been about large scale conflict, but turned it into a PvP tournament with leaderboards and tiers. It just doesn’t work for the type of game it should be.

Simplicity is complex.

Good feedback is key to getting the developers to listen to you.

(edited by Rin.1046)

in WvW

Posted by: Babytater.6803

Babytater.6803

Bumpity bump bump

in WvW

Posted by: Loosmaster.8263

Loosmaster.8263

Until you get some kind of formal communication from Anet and where this game mode is headed in THIER view, you’re just kittening in the wind asking for changes and putting up useless polls.

Tacktical Killers [TK]
We’re looking for players.
PM me here or ING.

in WvW

Posted by: Asguard.4621

Asguard.4621

Wheres my delete desert BL and burn it in a fire choice?

Only ones their are pretty much the same choice

in WvW

CrimeMaker.8612

Bumpty bump bump Humpty hump hump DAYYY

in WvW

CrimeMaker.8612

Bump because Kovu
~Kovu

in WvW

Posted by: NiloyBardhan.9170

NiloyBardhan.9170

Another vote for Friday night (or Saturday morning for me)

14 80s – Niloy Bardhan (warr) ¦ Cute Asura Niloy (guard) ¦ Madhumita Bardhan (ele)
“Owner of the rarest items in Tyria” Legendary collector 8/5 – 300% base MF
Yak’s Bend website – yaks-bend.enjin.com (temporary) #YakForever #YB4LYFE

in WvW

CrimeMaker.8612

Bump bump! Where is Kovu!?
~Kovu

in WvW

Posted by: Sagramor.7395

Sagramor.7395

I lol’d.

“None of the above” for me.

This

in WvW

Posted by: kuritsutian.2987

kuritsutian.2987

I want a purpose for pulling a victory other than mist “Favor” that is shared server wide.

For the heroes that helped the victory of a server a proper reward according to the entitlement if not server wide recognitions thee should welcome us with laurels and gold that matches the glory of those who spill blood in name of the server.

Suddenly in the Forums Everyone is now a Game designer!

in WvW

Posted by: Odokuro.5049

Odokuro.5049

Where is the.
“Stop complaining, and acting like a big ol’ doom and gloom, entitled brat”
Option?

The Self-Proclaimed Pervy Sage of Yaks Bend.
https://www.twitch.tv/amazinphelix

in WvW

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

Better then most strawpolls here most of the time they just have a chose that is “fix it” or some other vague saying that realy means nothing.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

Now that the new HoT shine is off all ANet needs to do is wait a few more weeks and the problem will take care of itself as players consolidate on higher tiers. I suspect the lower half of servers in WvW will be relatively empty soon enough.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

in WvW

Posted by: Diku.2546

Diku.2546

If we took this to the extreme & we end up with only 3 Worlds.

Probably…Yaks Bend, Jade Quarry, and Blackgate.

What happens when everybody wants to stack on the World that is winning most of the time?