Same lopsided matchup 3 weeks in a row...

in WvW

Posted by: gennyt.3428

gennyt.3428

Wildly imbalanced matchups aren’t a problem it’s a feature.

#innovativedesign

Whispers with meat.

in WvW

Posted by: Virtute.8251

Virtute.8251

No.
ANet has done precisely what should be done for them to profit from human nature, and this is a primary responsibility they have to their shareholders.

Allowing free transfers a year+ ago helped them how? Offering free transfers again now trying to correct their mistakes?

Yes, they made some money in between these times with paid transfers but at what expense?

I could think of analogy after analogy of other businesses failing after doing the same thing. Short term profit followed by bankruptcy. If I was a shareholder I wouldn’t be happy with this…unless I had witnessed their actions and sold my stock before the inevitable collapse.

ANet is a private corporation, and I said stakeholders, not shareholders. Stakeholders in this case includes their employees, their publishers, and their publishers’ employees.

Feb 13 14

ArenaNet reported sales results for the fourth quarter and full year ended December 2013. For the quarter, the company reported sales of USD 11.4 million. For the year, the company reported sales of USD 43.6 million.

http://investing.businessweek.com/research/stocks/private/snapshot.asp?privcapId=4003429

Tell me more about your emotional bias that invests too much in the fantasy world within the game that they’re producing for profit and livelihood.

Legendary PvF Keep Lord Anvu Pansu Senpai
RvR isn’t “endgame”, it’s the only game. Cu in CU.

in WvW

Posted by: Virtute.8251

Virtute.8251

Wildly imbalanced matchups aren’t a problem it’s a feature.

#innovativedesign

http://www.82games.com/balance.htm

It is a feature of competition. It’s not innovative.

Legendary PvF Keep Lord Anvu Pansu Senpai
RvR isn’t “endgame”, it’s the only game. Cu in CU.

in WvW

Posted by: Forzani.2584

Forzani.2584

No.
ANet has done precisely what should be done for them to profit from human nature, and this is a primary responsibility they have to their shareholders.

Allowing free transfers a year+ ago helped them how? Offering free transfers again now trying to correct their mistakes?

Yes, they made some money in between these times with paid transfers but at what expense?

I could think of analogy after analogy of other businesses failing after doing the same thing. Short term profit followed by bankruptcy. If I was a shareholder I wouldn’t be happy with this…unless I had witnessed their actions and sold my stock before the inevitable collapse.

ANet is a private corporation, and I said stakeholders, not shareholders. Stakeholders in this case includes their employees, their publishers, and their publishers’ employees.

Feb 13 14

ArenaNet reported sales results for the fourth quarter and full year ended December 2013. For the quarter, the company reported sales of USD 11.4 million. For the year, the company reported sales of USD 43.6 million.

http://investing.businessweek.com/research/stocks/private/snapshot.asp?privcapId=4003429

Tell me more about your emotional bias that invests too much in the fantasy world within the game that they’re producing for profit and livelihood.

lol seriously? I don’t care if it is a ‘fantasy’ game or a widget making company. The ability to have the foresight to look into the future and predict what is coming is what every solid company does.

If their plan was to go hard for a couple of years, make some cash, then let it slide then it makes total sense. If the plan was to try and emulate the year after year success of WoW then they are in for disappointment.

They have something unique in WvW. Their version was the best since Daoc. Two major competitors are coming after that WvW crowd. ESO and Camelot Unchained. Anet can try and compete, or take the money and run. By their lack of attention to WvW it appears their ‘stakeholders’ are taking the money.

…and I have zero bias. If I enjoy a game, I play. If not, I don’t. I haven’t really invested any time in a game since Daoc so I don’t give a rats kitten if GW2 continues or fails.

When someone uses the word ‘Meta’, a kitten dies. Don’t do it.

in WvW

Posted by: erix.7512

erix.7512

Most of this is an artifact of SoR’s collapse, I’m afraid. These sorts of rating systems don’t deal particularly well with sudden, dramatic and permanent changes in competitiveness; it takes time for them to adjust.

Also doesn’t help that the first week of this matchup SbI lost the two biggest SEA guilds to Maguuma, so we do fine in the afternoon / evening, only to come back the next day and DB owns everything. Plus with SoR not putting up much of a fight, it’s 1v1, and yeah DB wins the coverage war easily.

I don’t really care about winning and losing, I’d just prefer a competitive match, not a total blowout. Hell I’ll take third every week if there’s only a 10k difference between all 3 servers, those are the most fun matchups.

in WvW

Posted by: Boonprot.6274

Boonprot.6274

Why would anyone in T2 want DB. Almost the entire GvG community is on Mag/FA/SoS.

Supreme Commander Boonprot, Lord Regent of the Portals
Boonprot 80 G
[Ark] Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

Why would anyone in T2 want DB. Almost the entire GvG community is on Mag/FA/SoS.

We’d want DB for 1 week to completely shut them down and beat them so hard they’ll realize they never want to come back again. In other words, week of steamrolling them before “Back to your regularly scheduled programming”.

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

in WvW

Posted by: Boonprot.6274

Boonprot.6274

We’d want DB for 1 week to completely shut them down and beat them so hard they’ll realize they never want to come back again. In other words, week of steamrolling them before “Back to your regularly scheduled programming”.

That would require coordination, though. I think mag and SoS would be fully capable of cooperating, but FA’s commander EHSTACK seems to be mostly focused on dropping Mag’s rating.

Supreme Commander Boonprot, Lord Regent of the Portals
Boonprot 80 G
[Ark] Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: Shonie.5297

Shonie.5297

Kinda like what Dragonbrand did to Ehmry Bay before you transferred?

~Tarnished Coast~

in WvW

RyuDragnier.9476

Kinda like what Dragonbrand did to Ehmry Bay before you transferred?

I think that was the week ZoD was PvEing to get the gold necessary to transfer. Most of us weren’t in WvW that week, if it’s the week I’m thinking of.

[hS]

in WvW

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

No win scenario for Anet

1. Try to match similar strength servers to battle each other = people complain about lack of variety.

2. More random matchups = people complain about fighting servers that are way stronger/weaker than their own. Too many blowouts.

I’m sure Anet, and all of us, would love to hear the solution. Complaining is easy, obviously. Tougher to solve the issue.

The solution is dynamic handicapping – if a server is low on people the maps get tougher for the others. Update it as part of every 15 minute cycle and you might actually have some interesting matches between even widely spaced servers.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

in WvW

Posted by: Forzani.2584

Forzani.2584

Dynamic handicapping sounds cool …no idea what it means though

When someone uses the word ‘Meta’, a kitten dies. Don’t do it.

in WvW

Posted by: Archilese.3218

Archilese.3218

Heres a wild idea, everybody accept the fact that in a 24/7 continuous PvP environment based upon point collection the points will never be balanced and instead focus on doing what you can while you’re online.

For example, If you’re against DB and play during the NA time where DB is weak farm all their pugs for bags and take all their kitten, then log off happy that you had fun during your playtime and disregard anything that happens when you’re not online.

If you’re on DB or any server and dislike having nothing to do but PvD then transfer servers, or if you enjoy PvD stay.

Its been almost two years now do people still actually care which server wins the week? You don’t get anything for winning so why care, or if you do care move servers T1

Archilese
Professional Rallybot

in WvW

Posted by: Andrew Clear.1750

Andrew Clear.1750

Before we wanted even matches so ANet decided to match the servers strictly in triplets, and strangely enough this matchup is 7-9. Now that being said this is because SoR’s rating needs time to adjust, it will drop out of T3 next week or the week after. Now this is the part that creates controversy: should ANet do things like make a judgment call and put SoR in a T4 match this week in anticipation of them losing rating? Seems reasonable but I’m not certain.

A lot of people like that hater from Mag don’t like DB because it has SEA guilds. We also have only 2 EU guilds on weekends and 1 on weekdays. Don’t be kitten just because you don’t outcoverage us in all time zones.

We don’t want DB in T2 for reasons that have nothing to do with your SEA coverage. We all know that DB is nowhere near capable of competing in T2. They’ll be absolutely destroyed. Likewise, if FA gets shoved down to silver for the league because of DB consuming score from SOR, every silver league server is going to wish DB was back, because FA will absolutely dominate, and it won’t be fun for anyone involved.

If you don’t want to fight DB in gold, or worse, be stuck in silver, then you and FA should actually show up this match. Seems SoS came out to play, or You and FA decided to stay home.

in WvW

Posted by: Reverence.6915

Reverence.6915

Before we wanted even matches so ANet decided to match the servers strictly in triplets, and strangely enough this matchup is 7-9. Now that being said this is because SoR’s rating needs time to adjust, it will drop out of T3 next week or the week after. Now this is the part that creates controversy: should ANet do things like make a judgment call and put SoR in a T4 match this week in anticipation of them losing rating? Seems reasonable but I’m not certain.

A lot of people like that hater from Mag don’t like DB because it has SEA guilds. We also have only 2 EU guilds on weekends and 1 on weekdays. Don’t be kitten just because you don’t outcoverage us in all time zones.

We don’t want DB in T2 for reasons that have nothing to do with your SEA coverage. We all know that DB is nowhere near capable of competing in T2. They’ll be absolutely destroyed. Likewise, if FA gets shoved down to silver for the league because of DB consuming score from SOR, every silver league server is going to wish DB was back, because FA will absolutely dominate, and it won’t be fun for anyone involved.

If you don’t want to fight DB in gold, or worse, be stuck in silver, then you and FA should actually show up this match. Seems SoS came out to play, or You and FA decided to stay home.

Few guilds transferred to SoS recently giving them far superior coverage to Mag or FA, which means that SoS will naturally gain more PPT than either Mag or FA. It’s not about Mag or FA not showing up at all.

Expac sucks for WvW players. Asura master race
Beastgate | Faerie Law
Currently residing on SBI

in WvW

RyuDragnier.9476

Few guilds transferred to SoS recently giving them far superior coverage to Mag or FA, which means that SoS will naturally gain more PPT than either Mag or FA. It’s not about Mag or FA not showing up at all.

The only time we beat those two that I know of is Oceanic time. Mag’s EU and NA groups are beastly, and can easily net them some PPT. FA…I really don’t know, Mag is usually the one I see most of the time.

[hS]

in WvW

Posted by: Kingteranas.1376

Kingteranas.1376

In conclusion,
-DB is being pushed into T2 due to SoRs fallout
-DB will not have fun in gold league, and will be destroyed.
-DBs main WvW guilds will likely leave after the season is over, or during.
-FA is being pushed down to T3, and will destroy silver league.
-T3 guilds may leave after the season, or during for better tiers.
-FA will become bored in T3
-FA WvW guilds may transfer to better tiers for more action
-All this may cause another fallout, and mess with balance in tiers even further
-With only 1 matchup left until season 2 starts, it is pretty much impossible for these events not to happen, unless DB decides as a whole to deliberately fail this week.
-All due to some guys deciding that winning fights was more important than PPT in Rall.
-ANet needs to do something Q_Q

Kingteranas – 80 Guardian
Queen Of Macabre – 80 Thief
Dragonbrand [Ankh]

in WvW

Posted by: Chuck Zitto.2367

Chuck Zitto.2367

DB isnt even trying and still destroying sbi and sor sigh. We didn’t cap much of anything last night on eb. Just farmed deth by sbi keep. Yet we still held sor side the whole night and are destroying both in ppt. I think I may have seen 5 sor trying to recap some of their towers while getting held off by our random pugs.

in WvW

Posted by: echo.2053

echo.2053

^—— Lululululul “doesn’t try” sends 20-25 to deal with 5. Otherwise sits on cannons, mortars and trebs.

Meh enough of this transfer kitten. The current state was sealed the moment anet said there was gonna be rewards based on server position.

Let’s up the ante $60 for transfer to any server. 1 month free transfer to accounts just made. If we’re going to hell, let’s take the express train down ~ smokes cigar~

Bender the offender – Proud violator of 17 safe spaces –

in WvW

Posted by: urieldhynne.2743

urieldhynne.2743

You don’t understand. “try to match similar strength servers” = FAIL because i am in the SBI/DB/SoR match up and is unbalanced as hell, like OP said, 400 – 150 – 50. For 3 week in a row.

The current “fair and balance improve matchup” arenanet made is a BIG FAIL, was better before, because was the same unbalanced thing with more variety at least.

That reasoning is a BIG FAIL. You don’t care about why or how, nor for within what context, so your argument is FAIL: A BIG FAIL.

What are you talking about? They match this matchup for 3 week in a row because for them is “balanced” but this matchup ended with a BIG or INSANE difference every week, that has no sense, and is not only this matchup. That is because the matchup system is automatic. Because their argument is “less variety but more balanced matchup” but is not, is “less variety and same unbalanced matchup as always”

in WvW

Posted by: Roe.3679

Roe.3679

Sometimes the system ends up with an imbalance. It happens. Realistically maybe some of the middle tiers should group up on a server and beat them back down. Or transfer down where servers are more even.

If you guys end up with maguuma in tier 3 for leagues you’ll be wishing you had DB back.

in WvW

Posted by: sirflamesword.3896

sirflamesword.3896

Sometimes the system ends up with an imbalance. It happens. Realistically maybe some of the middle tiers should group up on a server and beat them back down. Or transfer down where servers are more even.

If you guys end up with maguuma in tier 3 for leagues you’ll be wishing you had DB back.

Yup, because the people in tier 1 grouped up into 3 mega servers the mid tier servers should change servers just to get it “better”. Stop, just stop

Pinnacle of Responsibility[Mom]-Yaks Bend
Unstable Shield, Unstable Light

in WvW

Posted by: Zerio.4731

Zerio.4731

Objective insight from a player on DB.

1. Several of you take these brackets way too seriously. Consider investing your time in sports brackets and make some money off of gambling… or maybe invest far less passion into a videogame. Seriously. It’s meant to be fun. Move on or reevaluate if it isn’t.

2. I play 3 80s in roaming and zerg action. The match up with SBI v DB vs SoR comes down to numbers. SoR has, rarely, fielded a zerg larger than most GvG groups. SBI has a strong NA presence with good commanders and Deth running some very effective GvG. Their roamers tend to congregate outside of SMC SE gate. DB has a large NA presence for zergs, but trumps both servers soundly with non NA presence. By prime time most of the four maps are solidly under DB control. GvG on DB is weaker than SBI with WET putting up a strong showing. Most large guilds on DB seem to be in flux.

3. The last matchup DB had against Maguuma was the drop of LA living story. Our presence was severely diminished outside of a few attempts at organized guild raids. I do not mean to imply that we would have outperformed them, but I do not think it would’ve been a landslide. Living story updates have had a large to noticeable impact on several tiers, I’m sure.

4. NEEEEEEEEERDS.

Zerio sends.

in WvW

Posted by: Roe.3679

Roe.3679

Yup, because the people in tier 1 grouped up into 3 mega servers the mid tier servers should change servers just to get it “better”. Stop, just stop

It’s kind of confusing that you put better in quotations since I didn’t use the word.

But I am not sure people who want more random match ups know what they are asking for. Assuming you are still in YB, you’re currently fighting 2 servers that really aren’t that different from yours. Asking for less stale match ups means you’ll stomp someone more or someone else will stomp you more. Either that, or you’re just waiting so you can beat up on what is left of SOR, too.

When matchups are even people QQ for more varied match ups. When match ups are varied people want fair match ups. It’s better the way you have it now.

Anyway at least my suggestion was for some action that anyone could do as opposed to QQing on the forums.

in WvW

Posted by: Chris.3290

Chris.3290

FA is now focusing on Maguuma; meanwhile they just lost their last off hours guild (not counting the late EU/Early NA Brazillians).

There’s also a good chance now (since DB did not move up) that we may not be able to prevent DB in Gold League. DB will roll T2 either this Friday or (even worse) the following Friday.
Though the T2 servers are committed to a vicious 2v1 (DB, you’ve been warned and it’s not personal) there is no guarantee that it will be effective to the point that the server that drops down will be able to gain enough points to swap back with DB. There’s also the possibility. that RNG might keep them in T3 all the way until the Season starts with them in #5 without ever facing a T2 server.

Oh, and stacking CD isn’t going to help. They just lost KOME so GG T5.

in WvW

Posted by: The Goat.1940

The Goat.1940

T1 and T2 has never been more balanced, both matchups were within 10k of each other, want to know why? because the guilds on T1 and T2 move to balance out the servers as much as they can.

DB people complaining that you win to much, quit being spastic and MOVE

SBI/SOR, merge your guilds and get some from lower tiers

Use your brain, DB can’t beat anybody in T2 why would you want them to move up that just means either FA or Mag will drop back down and will kitten all over you harder

Personally I would love nothing more than to have DB push Mag or FA down to silver, simply for the lols, it would be really funny.

An even better idea, Mag should transfer some of their player base to SBI and stop trying to be T1, you have no place there and would just get destroyed all over the place.

cant blame DB for this system, we have been pretty much the same since our 1st and 2nd exodus. Maybe if ANET decided to drop some of the lower tier servers combine the populations.. maybe.. just maybe we could all have coverage wars.

Necrotic Sushi – Necro
Elephant Ambush [EA] , Sea of Sorrows

(edited by The Goat.1940)

in WvW

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

Remember those nice mathematical curves they showed us before doing the change?

Well back then I said “This will not work, we’ll get he same matchup over and over”.
Then the developers came to explain (not a real quote): “You don’t understand, we have this super nice mathematical curve formula look how sophisticated it is, blablabla”

I tried to overcome my skepticism and imagined that I was supposed to feel impressed.

The Point Is: Relying on a mathematical formula to organize matchups is like asking a toaster to organize the Olympics.

Bad idea.

GvG in GW1: That was a GOOD IDEA. It worked, it was balanced, and it was fun.

(edited by Xillllix.3485)

in WvW

Chris.3290

This is a blatant example of what people have said since RNG became a factor. There needs to be a ANet control in place to do something about broken servers. SoR has been ticking less than 100 points for almost two months now and they are still in Tier 3.
If ANet had put in a backdoor to manually skew ratings for servers that are obviously in decline; then they would save a lot of people a lot of pain. If any server loses by 150k or more, they should automatically drop down. If a server wins by 150k, they should automatically move up.

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

As it stands now DB, Mag and FA all have a shot to land in Silver and it is coming to the RNG as the deciding factor. Mag is less likely but still possible. On Friday, we will probably know who is in and out based on which server draws a T3 match up next week.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

in WvW

Posted by: Osu.6307

Osu.6307

All these posts just serve to confirm something I have believed since EotM was released, namely that ALL wvw will eventually be of the EotM color v color system. Anet is just easing us into it rather than making an abrupt change. The current server v server model just gives everyone a different reason to complain. T1 is a blobfest and winners are determined by coverage. T2 is so unbalanced and matches are one-sided and sad. T3 is a wasteland with so few players a 5-man group can take every objective unopposed.

If anyone from anet is actually reading this, I would suggest that when you do make this change, start giving decent rewards for wvw. I would also suggest you add a section to your gem store that has items that require gems AND wvw badges to purchase. Wouldn’t it be nice to see diehard wvw’ers get some exclusive skins that don’t require farming boring living story events.

Osu

in WvW

Posted by: Bannok.3152

Bannok.3152

If SUPR had not left SBI would have been fine. Olaf leaving had no where near the impact as losing them, and no disrespect to Fiddle, but SUPR would put the fear of god into DB SEA, and would constantly spawn camp them. We really don’t need that much, nor do I think most of us want much. Need small OCX to help out our new friends we got from TC, need a solid SEA guild and one more GvG type guild to help with KWBH/DETH.

Most of us want to be in tier 3, heck most of us are ok with being the #9 server. Its gives us fights within reason. With SoR dead, its just too much for us to handle right now. The stacking will continue to ruin WvW, and eventually we’ll be down to 3 servers with people and the rest like AR.

Bannok – Dark Covenant (SBI)

in WvW

Posted by: Burnham.2613

Burnham.2613

Honestly the main issue is that there are too many dead servers…

It should be 18 servers, split in 2 leagues of 9 or 3 leagues of 6.

This wouldn’t just help WvW, it would help PvE. The bottom half servers are desolate places.

Bingo. The solution to the problem is to, unfortunately, close servers and give free transfers to people on the servers that are being closed. Right now there are too few people spread out amongst too many servers. Research would have to be done on what the ideal number of servers would actually be given ACTIVE players, and not just how many accounts are actually on a server. The reality is, most of the servers should not be at Very High population and I would say at least 6 servers if not more need to just be deleted. It’s a touchy subject because no one wants to see their beloved server get deleted but it is needed for the health of the game.

in WvW

Posted by: sirflamesword.3896

sirflamesword.3896

This wouldn’t just help WvW, it would help PvE. The bottom half servers are desolate places.

Bingo. The solution to the problem is to, unfortunately, close servers and give free transfers to people on the servers that are being closed. Right now there are too few people spread out amongst too many servers. Research would have to be done on what the ideal number of servers would actually be given ACTIVE players, and not just how many accounts are actually on a server. The reality is, most of the servers should not be at Very High population and I would say at least 6 servers if not more need to just be deleted. It’s a touchy subject because no one wants to see their beloved server get deleted but it is needed for the health of the game.

Yup THATS the problem…it’s not that 90% of the wvw population is on 3-4 servers. Totally not the problem AT ALL.

Pinnacle of Responsibility[Mom]-Yaks Bend
Unstable Shield, Unstable Light

in WvW

Posted by: Overkillengine.6084

Overkillengine.6084

Yup THATS the problem…it’s not that 90% of the wvw population is on 3-4 servers. Totally not the problem AT ALL.

Allowing people to stack servers as badly as they did in the first place was the mistake. They should have been dynamically throttling transfers/new accounts per server to begin with at release to better ensure a more even population spread.

Of course they probably did not expect such a level of interest in WvW compared to the other game modes and thus did not devote resources to adequately prepare for human nature.

Quite frankly they should disallow transfers to the top 6 at all, along with lowering the queue cap in PPT earning WvW zones to force ether transferring down or just playing in EotM.

in WvW

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

What they should do at this point is change up the league divisions.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

in WvW

Posted by: NoizeMaker.8367

NoizeMaker.8367

I see a big problem on the design of WvW here. And thats ANETS fault. Not DB. You all complain that DB doesnt deserve to go into gold? Yes DB does as a DB players since launch I know for a fact that we have had our ups and downs and we have been matched up against some of the best. Yet we did lose our fair share we have been working really hard as a community to push for higher teirs. You’d be suprised if you were actually on Dragonbrand and knew the half of it. We do deserve to move up and publicly bashing a whole server just because you might get kicked out of GOLD League its kittening immature. Get a life and try harder. We didnt ask 2 have 3 weeks of the most boring matches of our WvW life. We want to move up so we don’t have to deal with dead servers everyweek for the next 9 weeks. Silver will be boring and will kill off most server because of that. Atleast in Gold we can make mistakes and Learn from them.

So complain all you want but don’t go bashing my server until you have been on it as long as the majority of the players on DB have. We are one of the few servers that doesnt BUY guilds to move to the top. We keep working with what we have the old fashioned way. If we get moved up, GREAT JOB DB! If we dont then we will keep working harder and harder for it.

So Ill say it one more time. Do your kittening research first. Then come and talk.

Noizy/Skigoboom/Ovi Bell
Royal Dragon of [KING]

Commander Ovi Bell: 80 – Guardian
Commander Skigoboom: 80 – Engi
Protocol WvW Lead [PRO] Dragonbrand

(edited by NoizeMaker.8367)

in WvW

Posted by: Pyroathiest.4168

Pyroathiest.4168

-snip-

Nobody is trashing DB. We’re simply pointing out the fact that DB’s currently very high glicko2 rating is a result of SoR freefalling and not a good representation of server strength. It is a fact that if DB gets into T2, they will get absolutely facerolled by the other 2 servers there because you simply don’t have the coverage to compete at that level. That’s not an insult, that’s just how it is right now.

If DB moves into gold league for the seasons, nobody will have a good time. Silver will get violated by FA in all sorts of bad ways, and that will be fun for neither FA nor the rest of Silver. DB will get thrashed so hard by gold league it’ll make FA beating up silver league look like a friendly caress.

DB moving up is bad for everyone involved.

in WvW

Posted by: NoizeMaker.8367

NoizeMaker.8367

I never said we would get anywhere in T2. But I will say b4 Mag bought 2 of the biggest guilds on SBI, DB managed to fight them and Stay second place in t3. We deserve to move up and have been working for it very very hard.

Commander Ovi Bell: 80 – Guardian
Commander Skigoboom: 80 – Engi
Protocol WvW Lead [PRO] Dragonbrand

in WvW

Posted by: Crapgame.6519

Crapgame.6519

It is a busted design. Nice concept, lots of fun early on. But it is broke beyond repair unless they want to put some money into it and make some changes. Season 2 won’t help any. Two new games are coming out.

While the grass isn’t greener the population will take a hit never the less to try these out for at least 30 days. Maybe even 60 which will cause yet more problems if all you play is the PvP metas.

24×7 coverage wins the day regardless of how good you play. Round up a party, take some stuff, log, only to log back in after a hard day of work to find you have lost everything and need to start over. Or, you work your way through taking or controlling things only to find a larger force roll over you. You then try to split them up an find out they can field not only 1 concurrent large group but 2 or more.

Main – Laaz Rocket – Guardian (Ehmry Bay)
Johnny Johnny – Ranger (Ehmry Bay)
Hárvey Wallbanger – Alt Warrior (Ehmry Bay)

in WvW

Posted by: ThunderPanda.1872

ThunderPanda.1872

T1 and T2 has been balanced, both matchups were within 10k of each other, want to know why? because the guilds on T1 and T2 move to balance out the servers as much as they can.

DB people complaining that you win to much, quit being spastic and MOVE

SBI/SOR, merge your guilds and get some from lower tiers

Use your brain, DB can’t beat anybody in T2 why would you want them to move up that just means either FA or Mag will drop back down and will kitten all over you harder

oi oi hands off on low tiers, servers are already dead/dying… I think top tier should destack, and balance out servers again…

Send me 1000g and I will stop trolling WvW forum.
I have a dream – Our Anet Senpai will make WvW Great Again!
WvW Forum is more competitive than WvW

(edited by ThunderPanda.1872)

in WvW

Posted by: retsuya.4708

retsuya.4708

In conclusion,
-DB is being pushed into T2 due to SoRs fallout
-DB will not have fun in gold league, and will be destroyed.
-DBs main WvW guilds will likely leave after the season is over, or during.
-FA is being pushed down to T3, and will destroy silver league.
-T3 guilds may leave after the season, or during for better tiers.
-FA will become bored in T3
-FA WvW guilds may transfer to better tiers for more action
-All this may cause another fallout, and mess with balance in tiers even further
-With only 1 matchup left until season 2 starts, it is pretty much impossible for these events not to happen, unless DB decides as a whole to deliberately fail this week.
-All due to some guys deciding that winning fights was more important than PPT in Rall.
-ANet needs to do something Q_Q

Look at that gem sales. $_$

[WB] Fort Aspenwood

in WvW

Chris.3290

I see a big problem on the design of WvW here. And thats ANETS fault. Not DB. You all complain that DB doesnt deserve to go into gold? Yes DB does as a DB players since launch I know for a fact that we have had our ups and downs and we have been matched up against some of the best. Yet we did lose our fair share we have been working really hard as a community to push for higher teirs. You’d be suprised if you were actually on Dragonbrand and knew the half of it. We do deserve to move up and publicly bashing a whole server just because you might get kicked out of GOLD League its kittening immature. Get a life and try harder. We didnt ask 2 have 3 weeks of the most boring matches of our WvW life. We want to move up so we don’t have to deal with dead servers everyweek for the next 9 weeks. Silver will be boring and will kill off most server because of that. Atleast in Gold we can make mistakes and Learn from them.

So complain all you want but don’t go bashing my server until you have been on it as long as the majority of the players on DB have. We are one of the few servers that doesnt BUY guilds to move to the top. We keep working with what we have the old fashioned way. If we get moved up, GREAT JOB DB! If we dont then we will keep working harder and harder for it.

So Ill say it one more time. Do your kittening research first. Then come and talk.

Noizy/Skigoboom/Ovi Bell
Royal Dragon of [KING]

You’ll get to prove your point on Friday. The general understanding is that Mag and SoS are going to 2v1 the crap out of DB BL and your section of EBG.
If you manage to thwart these actions and hold your own, the 2v1 will be off and we’ll accept that you deserve T2.

The facts are that DB got rolled by Mag before they had acquired a night presence worth mentioning. No one thinks that DB is up to it but as said; you’ll have your chance.

in WvW

Posted by: Radian.2478

Radian.2478

There’s always the issue of either constantly battling servers close to you for closer matches or having more randomization and battling servers further away and having blowouts. It’d be ideal if servers were closer together in coverage. The worst scenario is what OP described is when servers right next to each other have the ability to blow out another server. It looks like anet is trying to balance the coverage a little more with the server transfers to make a small adjustment to this area but I dunno how much it’ll do.

in WvW

Posted by: Dhampyr.2104

Dhampyr.2104

TL;DR up front – PPT doesn’t matter.

A brief history…

Playerbase: “This is terrible, ANet! We’re sick of the same matchups! We need variety, new matchups, YES!”

ANet randomizes matchups

Playerbase: “This is terrible, ANet! We have blowouts every week! We need to have servers that are competitive with each other in the matchups!”

ANet reduces the randomization, resulting in more stable matchups

Playerbase: “This is terrible, ANet! We’re sick of the same matchups! We need variety, new matchups, YES!”

Rinse. Repeat, ad nauseum.

I couldn’t be stuffed with finding my post from well over a year ago stating that the problem here isn’t ANet. It’s us, the playerbase – we’re fickle, and we can’t figure out what we want. Out of 24 NA and 27 EU servers, there are inevitably going to be some bad matchups, but most of them appear to be doing OK, actually.

PPT means nothing, really. Right now this second, SoR is ticking at +155, and they’re probably the most outmatched server in NA at the moment – which means that even on SoR there are folks that are flipping real estate, and probably having fun doing it.

The only NA tier where a server is consistently ticking at 300+ for the entire week is T3 – the rest of the tiers seem to be doing OK, with obvious dead spots in their coverages at various times.

Winning the PPT game doesn’t matter, having fun does, and while the system definitely isn’t perfect, it’s not doing a bad job imo.

Eve Morrow, Mesmer, Eve Flamescythe, Ele
Tarnished Coast

in WvW

Posted by: Chuck Zitto.2367

Chuck Zitto.2367

Us having a drinking game wvw night enjoy.

in WvW

Posted by: Qida.5648

Qida.5648

Allow merc to low pop wvw server of same tier on demand.

When in merc mode, disable guild functions, for every objective or kills award their home server with points.

In that way, it keeps the map busy and people are willing to go wvw.

in WvW

Posted by: daydream.2938

daydream.2938

An assortment issue is that oceanic players tend to go to oceanic servers, like IOJ, db or sos, understandably. They want to be on a server with people on during the times they are on. The result however is that it creates mismatchs.

I think the whole system is flawed, I’ve never seen a game punish people for logging off, but, I cant think of what to do about it.

in WvW

Chris.3290

An assortment issue is that oceanic players tend to go to oceanic servers, like IOJ, db or sos, understandably. They want to be on a server with people on during the times they are on. The result however is that it creates mismatchs.

I think the whole system is flawed, I’ve never seen a game punish people for logging off, but, I cant think of what to do about it.

The system is setup so that servers with greater coverage move up until they cannot move up anymore. IoJ should be moving up next week and CD is getting some SEA transfers; so in the near future the “night coverage” servers will all be in the top 3 tiers.