Scale down the DMG

Scale down the DMG

in WvW

Posted by: Borious.9531

Borious.9531

I am not sure if it is just me but as a roamer I find it really hard, most of the time impossible, to prevail in 1v2 and 1v3 situations(especially if burning is one of the enemies main source of dmg). My opinion is that the root cause is the increased dmg output as a whole. If it is scaled down a little bit it would make the roaming funnier and more rewarding.
ArenaNet, please consider this “issue”. Thank You!

Scale down the DMG

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Lulwat? Is this trolling? Its hard to tell.

With perfect balance and equal skill, 1v2+ is supposed to impossible.

Scale down the DMG

in WvW

Borious.9531

Yes I agree completely with your statement Dawdler, but these days even facerolling on the keyboard is enough to make a more skilled player lose in 1v2

Scale down the DMG

in WvW

Posted by: MarauderShields.6830

MarauderShields.6830

I am not sure if it is just me but as a roamer I find it really hard, most of the time impossible, to prevail in 1v2 and 1v3 situations(especially if burning is one of the enemies main source of dmg). My opinion is that the root cause is the increased dmg output as a whole. If it is scaled down a little bit it would make the roaming funnier and more rewarding.
ArenaNet, please consider this “issue”. Thank You!

Are you, by chance, roaming on D/D-Ele or PU-Mesmer?

Former running-really-fast-man. Now proud member of Revenant clan.

Scale down the DMG

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

If it is scaled down a little bit it would make the roaming funnier and more rewarding.

Sir, I’ll have you know that roaming is no laughing matter. It’s srs biznss.

But yes, since that patch update a while back, it’s not so much fun to roam anymore. You can adjust, damage is just at a faster pace now, means you have less than a second to react, but it is possible. Just make a good exit strategy for all fights.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

Scale down the DMG

in WvW

Posted by: illenos.5134

illenos.5134

If it is scaled down a little bit it would make the roaming funnier and more rewarding.

Sir, I’ll have you know that roaming is no laughing matter. It’s srs biznss.

But yes, since that patch update a while back, it’s not so much fun to roam anymore. You can adjust, damage is just at a faster pace now, means you have less than a second to react, but it is possible. Just make a good exit strategy for all fights.

I totally agree. Without a good exit strategy you are screwed after the patch. It still could be fun sometimes but most of the time you get outnumbered. Engi, mesmer, ele, warrior, guardian and thief are still fun for this kind of fights but you get instagibbed more often than pre patch.

Awwdorable – roaming princess, awesome qq’er,
incredible flamer, part-time forum warrior, salty as
kitten!

Scale down the DMG

in WvW

Posted by: coglin.1867

coglin.1867

Yes I agree completely with your statement Dawdler, but these days even facerolling on the keyboard is enough to make a more skilled player lose in 1v2

It doesn’t help your point to rudely accuse anyone who beats you, when you are out numbered 2 ro 1 as face rolling. If your enemies damage is greater, and you suggest damage as a whole has increased, wouldn’t that reasoning suggest your damage has increased to scale?

A video on what weak PvPer’s and WvWer’s want.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q3em9s5I4c

Scale down the DMG

in WvW

Posted by: Extreme.8350

Extreme.8350

are you roaming on theif because thats useless now that
everyone and their mother got reveal skills

Scale down the DMG

in WvW

Borious.9531

I clearly don’t want to insult anyone of being lack of skill player when I lose 1v2(a really skilled players can easily be spotted, correctly dodging/evading and possitioning). But don’t you agree that an unskilled player is easily spotted too.
btw I play engineer many different builds

Scale down the DMG

in WvW

Posted by: Raven.9603

Raven.9603

are you roaming on theif because thats useless now that
everyone and their mother got reveal skills

engineers barely exist and for those that do, lock on is not popular. no meta engi build uses goggles either.

so really, you have one class (rangers) who have reasonable odds of running reveal. its called a counter. that said, agreed thieves are in a bad spot but its got more to do with acrobatics and s/d nerfage and mesmers being all around better at the job.

OP using 1vX is a bad example, but yes burning sucks real hard right now. yes it needs toning down. the sooner they adjust the skills that abuse the new system (dragons breath, cleansing flame) and maybe kill +/- condi food, the better.

SBI | Oceans | Ranger – Thief – Ele – Eng – Nec – Guard – Rev
Celestial Avatar is like an old man: Takes forever to get up and is spent in 4 seconds

Scale down the DMG

in WvW

Posted by: illenos.5134

illenos.5134

OP using 1vX is a bad example, but yes burning sucks real hard right now. yes it needs toning down. the sooner they adjust the skills that abuse the new system (dragons breath, cleansing flame) and maybe kill +/- condi food, the better.

Dragon breath and cleansing flame are pretty easy to counter. Just kill the ele or guardian before burning stacks up and kills you…oh wait! nvm…

Awwdorable – roaming princess, awesome qq’er,
incredible flamer, part-time forum warrior, salty as
kitten!

Scale down the DMG

in WvW

Posted by: Phule.1968

Phule.1968

Oh, I’ve been waiting for this opportunity for a while now…. But OP has a point.

I remember when I complained about condi damage, how insane I thought it was and so on, ppl just told me to L2P, slot some cleanses, yadda yadda. Now this was a while back but it was basically the same reason.

Where’s my X-ray goggles when I need em?

Scale down the DMG

in WvW

Posted by: Dopamine.7502

Dopamine.7502

I agree with changing the damage but not because of those reasons. Everyone has noticed damage/condi damage has increased a massibe buff(hence the double HP in PvE for world bosses) There was a post where anet adressed after the changing of trait system that there where some problems they would slowly fix(one of those the damage/condi damage).
Problem with the trait system has been the removal of stats for certain trait lines. Apperantly ANET just ran a pve search and noticed majority all specced in offensive lines. So they decided base scaling of power/condi damage needed to be buffed. For both heavies thoughness and vitality has decreased significantly i think because most heavies in groups run defensive trait lines for the utility from which they no longer get stats.

As a result you have more arcade style gameplay where staying back and not engaging is more rewarded then taking initiative and going in. Heavies easily die 50 to 60% faster than before. I cant be the only one who noticed this?

Scale down the DMG

in WvW

Posted by: Nate.3927

Nate.3927

I’ve won 1v3 against players that were collectively worse than me.

I’ve also lost 2v1 and 3v1 against a single player that was better than my group is collectively.

Outnumbering your enemy is not an automatic win. You only feel that way because you were on the losing side.