Scoring Changes (Maybe)

Scoring Changes (Maybe)

in WvW

Posted by: Pillo.3490

Pillo.3490

Generally, a server’s potential to become a T1 server has been contingent upon having 24 hour coverage. As we have seen from recent weeks, there is an unhealthy balance in the game between activity levels between tiers, causing servers to “tank” for a change. Here is what I propose:

Break down WvW into three (3) time zones scoring wise (WvW players already do this naturally):

1) OCX/SEA – 2:00 am – 10:00 am
2) EU – 10:00 am – 6:00 pm
3) NA – 6:00 pm – 2:00 am

Maintain current 2 hour skirmish. However, the total amount of skirmish won overall will not determine the winner for the week. The server that wins the most skirmishes during a particular timezone will win that timezone and obtain ONE (1) point. Meaning there will be a possible of THREE (3) points overall, plus ONE (1) extra bonus point for the server which at the end of the win obtains the most kills against the enemy servers (this has to be argued since you can have the most kills and still not be be on a positive kill per death ratio). At the end if there are two servers tied with 2 points a piece, then overall skirmish won will be tie breaker.

With this system, a one up one down is necessary, since it will be harder for glicko to adjust. In addition, the fact that a server does not have 24 hour coverage won’t really determine the overall win. If a server for example where to have a really good timezone, and consistently win during that timezone, and that server can farm the kills necessary to win the KDR point, then that server has the potential to win a week against a server that potentially has a more balanced coverage. I believe this will make the game more competitive and allow for match up changes. Most guilds wouldn’t be transferring off servers if they have different competitions every week. Some of these stuff could be improved, but I think it is better than what we currently have (for both types of WvW mentalities).

Scoring Changes (Maybe)

in WvW

Posted by: Hesacon.8735

Hesacon.8735

Servers can’t tank to change tiers, 5-4-3 scoring prevents it. There is a glicko wall between T1 and T2.

The reason TC and Maguuma are doing so poorly is that many of their guilds transfer to other servers.

Scoring Changes (Maybe)

in WvW

Pillo.3490

Servers can’t tank to change tiers, 5-4-3 scoring prevents it. There is a glicko wall between T1 and T2.

The reason TC and Maguuma are doing so poorly is that many of their guilds transfer to other servers.

I know what is going on, it is just an example, but I want to focus on the proposed changes, I could care less about specific servers in general to be honest. But to answer you, it happens in the bottom servers too, because they are not doing as best as they can because everybody is scared to move up and be stuck.

Scoring Changes (Maybe)

in WvW

Posted by: Hesacon.8735

Hesacon.8735

It’ll cause a lot of ties and solve no matchmaking problems. It’s a step sideways at best.

Scoring Changes (Maybe)

in WvW

Posted by: Jwoww.4315

Jwoww.4315

This is False they have a server full of people that can take the fight to BG. They are tanking and have had guild leaders clearing stating this from Maguuma.

Why is it happening.
- They are bored in Teir 1
- They want to drop to Teir 2
- And if they don’t drop then they are looking to be merged with another server in order to faceroll BG.

The main wvw guilds are still on Maguuma, and simply are not logging.

Scoring Changes (Maybe)

in WvW

Posted by: Princess.7584

Princess.7584

This is False they have a server full of people that can take the fight to BG. They are tanking and have had guild leaders clearing stating this from Maguuma.

Why is it happening.
- They are bored in Teir 1
- They want to drop to Teir 2
- And if they don’t drop then they are looking to be merged with another server in order to faceroll BG.

The main wvw guilds are still on Maguuma, and simply are not logging.

You forgot the real issue, for the last 3weeks a certain server did not show up, match becomes boring.

So lets try this.

1. Certain server could not fight even numbered, they didn’t log in
2. Certain server bores the other servers to death, they didn’t log in
3. Certain server now seeing that they outnumber the other servers, now decide to play.

Certain server wins wvwvw by boring its enemies so the enemy transfer off to find fights.
Certain server only plays when it knows it can win, any other time avoids wvw like the plague.

How did I do?

inc lock for match up thread.

Scoring Changes (Maybe)

in WvW

Posted by: Jwoww.4315

Jwoww.4315

I dont Agree, Blackgate never dominated. Up until 3 weeks ago maguuma was dominating us. And to say Balckgate is showing up now cause we are winning is rubbish. http://mos.millenium.org/servers/history/33

You only have to look at reset for the past couple of weeks, most maps are not queued for BG apart from maybe 1, but when Mag was beating us we would be queuing 30 plus strong each map for reset.

I am sorry to say. Blackgate is actually smashing it this week with very few numbers.

Scoring Changes (Maybe)

in WvW

Posted by: SkyShroud.2865

SkyShroud.2865

Are those timing server time or your personal time?

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

Scoring Changes (Maybe)

in WvW

Pillo.3490

Are those timing server time or your personal time?

Its based on Eastern Timezone, but it can be easily adapted to server time. All it needs its a division of 3.

To answer some of the previous comments, most people that are casual to WvW don’t play because they have no chance of winning (ppt). Most of the time, a server’s is contingent of having complete coverage in order to win a particular match up. With a system like this, if one server only has NA coverage, and completely lacks in the other time zones, it still has a chance of winning if it wins its time zone and its fights (potential not guaranteed).

I honestly don’t believe there will be a lot of ties, and if there are, it will be good because the match ups will be competitive and it will promote people to try harder. After all, the more bodies in WvW the more the game becomes. I believe my system is not perfect, but with a few changes it can be better than our current system. Most important, the one up one down will promote server stability because there will be no need to transfer off servers every 2 months.