Sea of Sorrows--Henge of Denravi--Isle of Janthir--Update

in WvW

Posted by: Defiled.7819

Defiled.7819

Next week will be a grudge match against SoS and SoR, IoJ will just be an annoyance. SoS and SoR in the future will have a constant battle for 1st and 2nd place. Black gate wont know what hit them when we reach T1, also IoJ using an excuse of “needing a rest” is a joke, SoS fought hard against SoR last week with AlOT of us putting in 12+ hours, even with all the non-committed WvW’ player’s getting distracted by a horrible event we still pulled through and as of 1/11/12 server x-fer’s will be changing to 7-day limits. On another note I’d like to thank [MERC] [SEXY] [PRX] [HUG] [FoE] and also other guild’s that I have not mentioned (apart from Pure White- the guild of elite Karma Famers), at times we frustrate eachother but for the majority we pull together- lets take the crown!

(edited by Defiled.7819)

in WvW

Posted by: StickMan.7549

StickMan.7549

Well done! Great push back, and glorious points!

Attachments:

/I deal with most derangements, sir./

in WvW

Posted by: tertle.4621

tertle.4621

Looks like IoJ has finally come out to play. Might take half a day for SoS to come back out in full force, but hopefully we can get some good skirmishes for rest of week going. Hopefully this is a preview of what next week might bring. It’s hell boring owning 100%…

I’m not in eternal atm, (it actually has a queue for first time since weekend I think) but you guys (IoJ) are somehow pushing us (SoS) back on 2 fronts at once. Curious what’s going on!

in WvW

Posted by: Feed Me Change.6528

Feed Me Change.6528

Looks like IoJ has finally come out to play. Might take half a day for SoS to come back out in full force, but hopefully we can get some good skirmishes for rest of week going. Hopefully this is a preview of what next week might bring. It’s hell boring owning 100%…

I’m not in eternal atm, (it actually has a queue for first time since weekend I think) but you guys (IoJ) are somehow pushing us (SoS) back on 2 fronts at once. Curious what’s going on!

We were in EB when TL/IDOL started to make a push, pretty much ended up as a 45 minute turtle in the lowlands keep. They had ~60 people in the turtle which pretty much was pointless to try and counter. We just couldn’t compete with 60 players stacked in 1 spot using what is best defined as an “extreme use of game mechanics”.

I had to leave shortly after that stalemate sadly and didn’t catch what happened after that.

NSP>ET>SoS>BG>ET>SoS>JQ>SoS>Mag>JQ
My fun laughs at your server pride.

in WvW

Posted by: Arctix.1758

Arctix.1758

Here’s what happened

I had a blast in EB. IDOL and TL did work again, this time, more efficiently.

Attachments:

Commander Arctix (Arctx) [Team Legacy] Human Warrior
DAoC, EQ2, WoW, AoC, L2, UO <freerps> <myth>
<wrath> <banda> <insurrection> <jaded>

in WvW

Posted by: earendil.1290

earendil.1290

Now, this is the IoJ we knew in T1 last weekittenep on fighting and forget the points.

in WvW

Posted by: Eternalight.4708

Eternalight.4708

Good going IoJ, Nice push. Keep it up!

Update for those of whom are interested.

As of Wednesday 31st October at roughly 6:15pm.

Please keep this thread clean, OK? It is not hard to refrain from the obvious that has been going on.

Goodluck for the rest of the week, enjoy, have fun & happy Halloween!

Attachments:

level 80 Thief – Home Sweet [Home] – Black Lion Mercenary Corps [MERC] ~ Sea of Sorrows

in WvW

Posted by: Shinji.2063

Shinji.2063

I thought for a moment there the t1 IOJ was back but then ;_;. I know they are better then this, maybe mass server transfers killed them HOD. I hope next week IOJ has a strong showing cause we will have one of the best mathups in the game if t1 IOJ shows up vs sos and sor.

I am kinda glad SOS gets to stay in t2, get a good rematch vs SOR instead of having to play trashgate.

in WvW

Posted by: replicant.3620

replicant.3620

SoS — IoJ — SoR would be a fun matchup if everyone brought their A game and didn’t suffer from transferitus at the time.

Peralta | 80 Human Necromancer | Pain Train Choo [Choo] | Sanctum of Rall

in WvW

Posted by: Sokolovac.1958

Sokolovac.1958

On another note I’d like to thank [MERC] [SEXY] [PRX] [HUG] [FoE] and also other guild’s that I have not mentioned (apart from Pure White- the guild of elite Karma Famers), at times we frustrate eachother but for the majority we pull together- lets take the crown!

Yeah, we farm karma, it’s true, we take too many keeps, garrisons and castles, karma is practically falling out of our pockets. I apologize for being good at the game, I apologize for actually taking points instead of losing them. Last of all I apologize for using siege and not throwing arrows at gates, Being good at the game is a curse.

P.S. We also farm badges of honor, we’re also sorry for winning skirmishes.

in WvW

Posted by: Azariah.8420

Azariah.8420

Ah leave PW alone, they can go do what they want even if it is only sometimes helpful to the rest of us :P

Was a bit sad with IOJ this week though, after following their matchup in T1 last week was hoping for a tad more of a showing,

Ah well, rematch against Rall next week, that ought to be good , hopefully IoJ can create a showing for that one and make it even more interesting.

80 Thief – Black Lion Mercenary Corps [MERC]
Sea of Sorrows

in WvW

Eternalight.4708

As of Thursday 1st November at roughly 12:30pm.

Please keep this thread clean, OK? It is not hard to refrain from the obvious that has been going on.

Goodluck for the rest of the week, enjoy, have fun & happy Halloween!

Attachments:

level 80 Thief – Home Sweet [Home] – Black Lion Mercenary Corps [MERC] ~ Sea of Sorrows

in WvW

Posted by: Arasuki.6094

Arasuki.6094

Next week will be a grudge match against SoS and SoR, IoJ will just be an annoyance. SoS and SoR in the future will have a constant battle for 1st and 2nd place. Black gate wont know what hit them when we reach T1, also IoJ using an excuse of “needing a rest” is a joke, SoS fought hard against SoR last week with AlOT of us putting in 12+ hours, even with all the non-committed WvW’ player’s getting distracted by a horrible event we still pulled through and as of 1/11/12 server x-fer’s will be changing to 7-day limits. On another note I’d like to thank [MERC] [SEXY] [PRX] [HUG] [FoE] and also other guild’s that I have not mentioned (apart from Pure White- the guild of elite Karma Famers), at times we frustrate eachother but for the majority we pull together- lets take the crown!

hahaha.
10/10 would joke again.

[DU]Arasuki – Ranger
Down Under – Stormbluff Isle

in WvW

Posted by: Bash.7291

Bash.7291

Update as of 1:19am EST, looks like we finally got over that freaking halloween event. This week might be lost but looking forward to next week.

Attachments:

Living Dead Girl ~ Necro
[Rev]

in WvW

Posted by: Guardian Of Tyria.6397

Guardian Of Tyria.6397

Believe it or not, IoJ was taking a rest this week and partaking in the Halloween event (lots of fun to be had and cash to be made) and you can see this by the push backs that have been happening in the last day or two (since the event is coming to a close).

I’m not to disappointed in IoJ’s work this week, it’s one week out of 52 in the year and a special event week as well. I’m betting a good showing next week and an excellent match up between SoS/SoR/IoJ and IoJ to come sporting all their new Halloween skins. lol

in WvW

Posted by: CrashB.7938

CrashB.7938

Believe it or not, IoJ was taking a rest this week and partaking in the Halloween event (lots of fun to be had and cash to be made) and you can see this by the push backs that have been happening in the last day or two (since the event is coming to a close).

I’m not to disappointed in IoJ’s work this week, it’s one week out of 52 in the year and a special event week as well. I’m betting a good showing next week and an excellent match up between SoS/SoR/IoJ and IoJ to come sporting all their new Halloween skins. lol

I don’t believe it. And all the takebacks are only occuring here at the end because everyone on SoS knows we have won at this point and has no motivation to fight. Try to spin it however you like, IoJ dropped the ball hard.

in WvW

Posted by: Diashame.6328

Diashame.6328

IoJ has a huge casual W3 pop. We are only starting to see some hardcore W3 guids start to emerge now. You can think whatever you want about this weeks performance of a server you have absolutely no knowledge of. I am only interested to see if your server and you have the same opinion come end of next matchup. Bring it.

Dia – [RET]
Fort Aspenwood – the PvP server

in WvW

Bash.7291

I don’t believe it. And all the takebacks are only occuring here at the end because everyone on SoS knows we have won at this point and has no motivation to fight. Try to spin it however you like, IoJ dropped the ball hard.

Believe what you want, but considering that we went from having constant overflow on LA and event maps to having queues (for pretty much the first time in the match) for WvW kinda says otherwise. And considering you guys did come and try to take things back kinda says otherwise on the motivation to fight.

Living Dead Girl ~ Necro
[Rev]

in WvW

Posted by: Wintermute.5139

Wintermute.5139

That’s a bit hypocritical.

IoJ can puff up their chest all they want, but this weeks performance has been shameful, break or not.

I honestly hope it’s not all bravado, a 1v1 with SoR all week would be draining.

in WvW

Posted by: buzzkapow.8465

buzzkapow.8465

So, it’s hypocritical of IoJ to say we were taking a break, and enjoying the holiday event, but it’s ok for SoS to say “You’re only taking stuff back, cause we’re not there”. Whatever. Look at the matchup we had in T1, the point spread really happened after the event started.

IoJ came out full force for the T1 Matchup because it was T1. That’s why the week’s match was great. This week, i think many were off enjoying their halloween event, and not worried about a T2 matchup. Many (maybe bandwaggoners) probably figured that since WE were the ones dropping from T1 to T2, that we would roll over whoever we fought. So they didn’t show up. Obviously not the case, but can you really blame them? The last time we saw SoS they basically disappeared. I remember the chat exploding with “Where did SoS go?” “If SoS would get out of their spawn..” etc etc etc.

Doesn’t excuse that we didn’t show this week, but it certainly explains a certain mindset of individuals when it comes to WvW. T1 moving to T2 means you’ll stomp. Fighting old opponents that you beat, means you’ll stomp.

Obviously, this week (hopefully) changed people’s opinions, and when we come out on the battlefield on Friday, we’ll show you why we deserve to be here. Why we’ve stayed as the “Gatekeeper” for so long, and why we’re so eager to move up to T1 again. I myself didn’t do WvW for the weekend, since i was finishing off leveling my third toon in the labyrinth. And seeing that it was all in overflow until yesterday… Most people were in there farming.

in WvW

Posted by: Seren.6850

Seren.6850

there is new content and events coming on the 15th, just giving ioj a heads up

SoS original -“They mostly come out at night … mostly”
[FIRE] Serene Snow, Warrior

in WvW

Posted by: Furiousbeard.7602

Furiousbeard.7602

Here is a bit of gameplay from the Garrison defense on Oct 29th evening. It was super intense and lasted for hours. I managed to capture 20 minutes of gameplay and will post part 2 this evening. Please keep in mind that I’m wearing non-exotics and my armor suit is all greens (will upgrade over time). I also do NOT run a dps build so don’t expect 1 second frenzy melts.

FA Soldier of Fortune – Flashypants (20,078 WvW kills) http://m.youtube.com/user/Duppa81
Roamer: 99.99% BLs / 0.01% EB

in WvW

Bash.7291

“there is new content and events coming on the 15th, just giving ioj a heads up”

…. /cry at least we get almost 2 weeks of WvW I guess.

“So, it’s hypocritical of IoJ to say we were taking a break, and enjoying the holiday event, but it’s ok for SoS to say “You’re only taking stuff back, cause we’re not there”. Whatever. Look at the matchup we had in T1, the point spread really happened after the event started.”

^^^^ Can even ask SBI/JQ people, of which several of them agreed that our WvW went to hell the night Halloween started and has been until last night… which was also pretty much the last phase of the event. This wasn’t something that just happened during your matchup, it started before that.

Living Dead Girl ~ Necro
[Rev]

in WvW

Posted by: overrandom.2536

overrandom.2536

Considering I’m from Isle of Janthir, I really don’t want to admit this, but the recent “push” in WvW is not from our own doing. It’s from the opportunity by SoS when they realized they have at this point won the match. Among other ways, this was apparent after quite a few times whenever IoJ had a surge, Henge of Denravi also had more than 1 keep, an orb, and occasionally more income than IoJ.

Rikard Mathiassen
Anderthian Box [ABox]
Isle of Janthir

in WvW

Posted by: xarallei.4279

xarallei.4279

Yeah, this week’s match was kind of embarrassing for IoJ. I’m shocked that the ball was dropped. SoS is such a strong server I don’t know why people thought they could be lazy this week. Especially since HoD would be non-existent, so we wouldn’t get any help from that front making it essentially a 1v1 battle. That meant we really needed to bring it and we didn’t. Whether it was for candy or people just being totally unprepared or what, who knows. What’s done is done. All I know is I hope we are ready next match because SoR is also a very tough as nails server.

in WvW

Posted by: GavinGoodrich.1382

GavinGoodrich.1382

^regarding the above post…yeah we got beaten badly on the first day. Our strategy involved playing the other two teams off each other. We went with a conservative approach into a bulls-charging single team and got our faces melted. Arguments began between guilds and even within guilds, and morale generally sucked. Add in the “wtf why are we sucking so bad we’re better than this” and it nails the coffin even further shut. Many of us are glad Halloween is almost over and look forward to gettin’ back into it

SoS won’t be able to repeat the same strategy with two good teams (us and SoR) so they’ll either repeat the same thing and nobody will hold anything for longer than 10 minutes, or they’ll rein it it and we’ll have a good 3-way this weekend. Beyond that is anyone’s guess—given guild server swaps are so common.

The only thing I pray for, is IoJ doesn’t get tunnel-vision on stonemist this weekend…

NomNomNomNomNom
Resident Zerg Idiot
Isle of Janthir

in WvW

Posted by: mangarrage.1062

mangarrage.1062

I personally wouldnt be 100% certain of having SoS again next week. There is a chance they will jump to tier 1. All depends on how bg performs today and tomorrow

in WvW

Posted by: Kam.8109

Kam.8109

Here’s what happened

I had a blast in EB. IDOL and TL did work again, this time, more efficiently.

Wow what a great tactic. Turtle up, wait till the winning server gets bored and leaves, than take everything while they’re gone. Way to prove yourselves there, guys. What does TL stand for anyway? Turtle Lords?

in WvW

Posted by: Thobek.1730

Thobek.1730

I’m looking forward to matching up against SoR next week. They have done well this week and will be seeking revenge for SoS beating them at the last minute last week.

Its going to be good.

in WvW

Eternalight.4708

Not sure if we will keep pushing, being at max bonuses & not much else to gain (aside a T1 slot) depending on the end result, but in saying that, with the caliber of the server at the moment & what we are facing in future, one should keep pushing.

As of Friday 2nd November at roughly 12:30pm.

Goodluck for the rest of the week, enjoy & have fun!

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: Seren.6850

Seren.6850

I for one remember last time we fought ioj, was around 30 of them dancing at our spawn and killing anyone who left. I’d been looking forward to a rematch for awhile now. So while you guys didn’t take us seriously, we took you very seriously.

SoS original -“They mostly come out at night … mostly”
[FIRE] Serene Snow, Warrior

in WvW

Posted by: Mif.3471

Mif.3471

I’d been looking forward to a rematch for awhile now..

Actually, IoJ always enjoyed fighting SoS. It was a good traditional rivalry.
Unfortunately that’s been ruined by massive WvW guilds bandwagoning on to SoS.

Tarnished Coast | Best cookies in all of Tyria

in WvW

Eternalight.4708

Regardless, next weeks matchup is going to be a hell of a match, can’t wait!

in WvW

Posted by: Guild Wars Fan.3249

Guild Wars Fan.3249

Yep, should be a good week next week and to be honest, I wouldn’t want to be on who’s going to win this one!

IOJ have been missing this week – so we can’t really say with any confidence that they will get steamrolled next week.
SOR are dominating T3 this week after a close loss to SoS last week. They’ll be geared up for a rematch faw shaw!
SoS – hopefully we can continue to improve our inter-guild communication and coordination. I personally would love to see the ‘XYZ guild is sitting at spawn doing nothing’ posts disappear – they don’t help anyone and certainly don’t help us as a server. If theres an issue – take it up with your guild leader or their guild leader. How’s about we keep our dirty laundry OUT of the public eye.

in WvW

Posted by: Azure Prower.8701

Azure Prower.8701

there is new content and events coming on the 15th, just giving ioj a heads up

I also find it quite ironic that the new content coming up on the 15th is located at Sea of Sorrows.

in WvW

Eternalight.4708

As of Friday 2nd November at roughly 9:30pm.

Goodluck for the rest of the week, enjoy & have fun! Looking forward to the reset!

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: Actinotus.6410

Actinotus.6410

I am really please that guilds from IoJ and HoD NA timeslot have been out there having a go and pulling back the +ppt quite a bit. It bothers me that IoJ oceanic time has been so completely absent and SoS has been going +695 or close to it every night (aussie time) without too much of a challenge, especially as SoS has had no new oceanic-timeslot guilds move to the server at all since last time there was an SoS-IoJ matchup (we’ve actually had some leave).

I hope IoJ aussies are just resting. SoR will certainly bring it on against both servers tomorrow night – should be great fun!

Sea of Sorrows

in WvW

Posted by: declan.3968

declan.3968

We should have at least 2-3weeks of unadulterated T2 matchup between our 3 servers (Rall, Sea and Isle). I don’t forsee any sudden point shifts in T1 and T2, which means we are probably stuck with each other for the time being.

in WvW

Posted by: Guardian Of Tyria.6397

Guardian Of Tyria.6397

I am really please that guilds from IoJ and HoD NA timeslot have been out there having a go and pulling back the +ppt quite a bit. It bothers me that IoJ oceanic time has been so completely absent and SoS has been going +695 or close to it every night (aussie time) without too much of a challenge, especially as SoS has had no new oceanic-timeslot guilds move to the server at all since last time there was an SoS-IoJ matchup (we’ve actually had some leave).

I hope IoJ aussies are just resting. SoR will certainly bring it on against both servers tomorrow night – should be great fun!

Yea, the quiet times on IoJ WvW really have been Oceanic prime time. I know I had a blast last night pushing EB and taking 2/3 of the map at one point, but sad to say that there was no one to come afterwards to hold our gains.

in WvW

Posted by: Choppalong.3284

Choppalong.3284

About 5am est (Australian est) Nov 3

Good Fun for IOJ .. IOJ AND SOS still have some blank coverage overall ..IOJ Numbers come on ; SoS numbers drop and vice versa ..(overall SoS numbers are more consistent) Like Mentioned B4 SoS and SoR might be a good match up but dont rule out IOJ ..i can honstely say we are T1 material when we have our game on ..Plus we have pretty Decent guilds and our pugs are pretty kitten awesome aswell !!

When IOJ played with JQ and SBI the lead swapped for 3 days regularly between all 3 ..then Something Strange happened and we saw BG guilds in SBI uniform but hey .. personally ill say SoS are T1 ill say IOJ are T1 and SoR i havent played em but JQ SBI BG pfft Time will tell JQ has my vote for 3rd slot ..i only due to i havent played SoR ..played Sos a few times now and each time they didnt do so well but this week was a differnt story ..

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: SmokeyNYY.7841

SmokeyNYY.7841

Its shameful how IOJ is still using the Halloween excuse for getting rofflestomped. Just give it a rest already.

in WvW

Kam.8109

The main WvW guilds on IoJ must have realized that no matter what happened this week they would remain in t2 and decided to take a week off. With SoR entering the match now they have a hard fight ahead of them.

in WvW

Posted by: Riddickk.7091

Riddickk.7091

Kam.8109

The main WvW guilds on IoJ must have realized that no matter what happened this week they would remain in t2 and decided to take a week off. With SoR entering the match now they have a hard fight ahead of them.

I disagree with your accessment. Totn has been holding it down for most of the week. They have consistantly gone toe to toe with the best that SoS has to offer and the engagements have certainly been back and forth. Personally, I loved that the top SoS guilds brought their A game as far as some different strategy, particarily PRX and FOE. Sometimes it was a difficult lesson to learn, but it only makes them stronger as a guild.
I feel that sometimes some the SOS guilds purposely avoided Totn at times because they were too much of a fight and went after easier takings unless they had a superior numbers advantage. With that said, If SOS and IOJ are partnered again this coming week, BRING IT!

Roddrickk-80 Asuran Warrior
Guild: Helioz

in WvW

Kam.8109

I don’t even know who Totn is. I doubt you were being “purposefully avoided”. And if the top guilds did NOT take a week off then what’s the explanation?