Sea of Sorrows condition in Tier 1

in WvW

Posted by: pigdog.9215

pigdog.9215

I noticed SoS is in Tier 1 but getting completely destroyed. Any reasons why SoS does great in tier 2 but when ever SoS competes in T1 they lose? Also any chance of SoS being able to fight through or will becoming 1st or 2nd be out of our grasp again?

in WvW

Posted by: Buffy.9246

Buffy.9246

Sos is T1.5. They blob harder then db/mag/FA and have a heavy night crew that even beats db. Mag has a semi night crew and FA has nothing. It’s basically a pvd fest on T2 but they get farmed either way. In T1, they can’t pvd their way to victory like in T2 cause there’s people from bg and tc stopping then.

in WvW

Posted by: Ostra.3927

Ostra.3927

Love how SoS PvDs and blobs harder then the other t2 servers, but you dont say the same about t1

IE. t1 blobs harder then SoS can and PvDs all the time

Frankly.. its all a numbers game. SoS has even numbers during NA for the most part but Euro (i think thats right, just before NA time) has always been weak so we lose everything to golem and 60 man blobs that the t1 can keep nearly 24/7

Its a numbers game nothing more. kitten doesnt matter.

Please get your priorities straight Anet.
Stat increase = gear grind.
Gear grind = no money from me ever again.

in WvW

pigdog.9215

Sos is T1.5. They blob harder then db/mag/FA and have a heavy night crew that even beats db. Mag has a semi night crew and FA has nothing. It’s basically a pvd fest on T2 but they get farmed either way. In T1, they can’t pvd their way to victory like in T2 cause there’s people from bg and tc stopping then.

So you’re saying they have constant amount of people during the day and night but we dont?

in WvW

Posted by: DeadlySynz.3471

DeadlySynz.3471

SoS puts up a much better fight than JQ or BG does, sadly they don’t have the coverage numbers to compete.

in WvW

pigdog.9215

Love how SoS PvDs and blobs harder then the other t2 servers, but you dont say the same about t1

Frankly.. its all a numbers game. SoS has even numbers during NA for the most part but Euro (i think thats right, just before NA time) has always been weak so we lose everything to golem and 60 man blobs that the t1 can keep nearly 24/7

ahk now i understand, that sucks. Wish all WvW guilds stuck onto their servers instead of switching to the top 3 WvW servers. The population gap is kittened. It’s not fun dominating 1 week and then the new week getting kitten thrashed. I hope Anet fixes this by adding free server transfers to SoS. I hate this kitten

in WvW

Posted by: Forzani.2584

Forzani.2584

Sure it’s a numbers game. On reset though, every BL was queued up …for all 3 servers. SoS still got kittenkicked.

When someone uses the word ‘Meta’, a kitten dies. Don’t do it.

in WvW

pigdog.9215

Sure it’s a numbers game. On reset though, every BL was queued up …for all 3 servers. SoS still got kittenkicked.

We don’t have as much WvW guilds trasnfering to ours compared to the top 3 tho. For instance think about where the SoR WvW guilds went, majority went to servers in tier 1 instead of tier 2.

in WvW

Posted by: Ostra.3927

Ostra.3927

Forzani that is cause of the fairweathers I will say it out right.

We had a queue, facing both other servers (they werent 2v1 just normal fighting) with their 50 man+groups and the most we had on a commander as 35 and a guild group of 20 running around… the other 40 people? yeah we dont know where they were either lol. most seemed to be afking in citadel or garri not scouting.

Please get your priorities straight Anet.
Stat increase = gear grind.
Gear grind = no money from me ever again.

in WvW

Posted by: Buffy.9246

Buffy.9246

He or she asked about sos. Everyone knows jq/bg/tc are only ones to be in T1, you don’t need to make a point of that.
Sos does not have a good na to be honest. Just blobs that get farmed.

in WvW

Posted by: Super Kruegs.8967

Super Kruegs.8967

SOS mostly baddies with a night crew that PVDs for 10 hours a night in T2. SOS is a baddie server for the most part. With EP gone who’s good that’s left HOPE maybe that just got there? There NA is filled with baddie zerg guilds like ZOD and CNB. Their PPT is derived directly from holding their own in NA with numbers and gaining PPT with a massive PVD campaign at night. Can’t do that in T1 too many PPT tryhards with ACs and massive float blobs.

FA [WS]. Small group fights since 2012

in WvW

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

There is a huge population difference between T1 and T2. That’s why T1 and T2 shouldn’t be playing each other. Look what JQ is doing to Mag and DB.

in WvW

Posted by: Forzani.2584

Forzani.2584

There is a huge population difference between T1 and T2. That’s why T1 and T2 shouldn’t be playing each other. Look what JQ is doing to Mag and DB.

Yea JQ is doing the nasty on those two servers.

Obviously population has the biggest impact. Still, there are other things that also have an impact. You only get better by facing adversity and tougher opponents. The little things become more important vs an equal or stronger opponent. Just like any game or sport…if you aren’t tested, you get lazy and rusty. SoS hasn’t been tested in a long while.

The tier 1 servers have the population. Combine that with the mentality to squeeze and grind out every PPT as possible and you have an extreme mismatch. Even if the populations were the same the tier 1 servers would win. They take it much more seriously.

When someone uses the word ‘Meta’, a kitten dies. Don’t do it.

in WvW

Posted by: Le Rooster.8715

Le Rooster.8715

SoS aren’t obsessed with ppt, after 30 mins running with All we were wiping 2 guild groups at a time, within 5 mins of tagging up last night I took BG’s t2 bay and got about 100-200 lootbags the entire night I died maybe 3 times.

Roosters Inc-Team Shatter [TS] Commander
Sea of Sorrows http://www.gw2sos.com/index.php

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

I noticed SoS is in Tier 1 but getting completely destroyed. Any reasons why SoS does great in tier 2 but when ever SoS competes in T1 they lose?

Coverage, why are you even asking such an obvious question?

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in WvW

Posted by: gennyt.3428

gennyt.3428

They have alright numbers at night but for some reason they are really easy to wipe. Like the few servers that lean on night crews, if they can’t PvDoor to insane PPT, they have no chance and BG and TC won’t let up on them.

Whispers with meat.

in WvW

Posted by: Prysin.8542

Prysin.8542

if we compare the “raw size” of the servers and what they can field almost all day long it amounts to something like this:
BG: —-—————————————————————————-
JQ; —-—————————————————————————-
TC: —-——————————————————
SOS: —-—————————

Lv 80 Guard, Ranger, Ele, Thief, warr, engi
Currently @ some T1 server in EU

in WvW

Posted by: Peetee.9406

Peetee.9406

SoS will finish 2nd overall.

Due to the way a swiss style tournament is designed, TC, JQ, SoS, and Mag will all be tied in score entering the final week of the tournament. TC and JQ will be paired against BG thus resulting in a 2nd + 3rd finish meanwhile SoS will play Mag and DB which will result in a 1st place finish causing them to vault over JQ and TC.

This is a guarantee, there is no other possible outcome.

Kayku
[CDS] Caedas
Sanctum of Rall

in WvW

Posted by: Glaciate.3901

Glaciate.3901

80 man from same guild > +-50 man scattered guilds

The first day was the adapt-to-tier-1 day, sos was winning ppt for the first few hours, but BG literally took a huge lead by spiking people with bloodlust. Although BG and TC have 2xs the lead in points we have doing quite good in fights in our prime time, we just don’t have the numbers to cap and defend at the same time.

in WvW

Posted by: ykyk.2740

ykyk.2740

I noticed SoS is in Tier 1 but getting completely destroyed. Any reasons why SoS does great in tier 2 but when ever SoS competes in T1 they lose? Also any chance of SoS being able to fight through or will becoming 1st or 2nd be out of our grasp again?

SoS won’t take 1st. They will very likely take 2nd no matter how they play, unless they magically implode the final week.

/thread

in WvW

Posted by: Killface.1896

Killface.1896

Well it Anet fault letting point income be same during off hrs,when most people are sleeping income should be 50% lower at least.
Night capers still get there WxP and loot but shuld not be the winning factor…

in WvW

Posted by: Abusive.1849

Abusive.1849

if we compare the “raw size” of the servers and what they can field almost all day long it amounts to something like this:
BG: —-—————————————————————————-
JQ; —-—————————————————————————-
TC: —-——————————————————
SOS: —-—————————

^ this sums up the thread

Warrior(Main) | Mesmer | Thief
Jade Quarry (NA)

in WvW

Posted by: akanibbles.6237

akanibbles.6237

I 100% agree, when I’m asleep they should stop PPT. Should only count when I’m on, 2am-6am server time.

in WvW

Posted by: elkirin.8534

elkirin.8534

BG and TC play well and work on maximising PPT, including ruins yaks and camps teams. I have no issue with facing different opponents and styles, that is after all what PvP is actually all about.

Hopefully all are enjoying the season and will gain something from the matchups.

Dubain – Sea of Whoever we are Linked to now

(edited by elkirin.8534)

in WvW

Posted by: akanibbles.6237

akanibbles.6237

yeah, seeing 30+ TC sat guarding a camp for PPT is not unusual. :P

in WvW

Posted by: zortek.9607

zortek.9607

This is a guarantee, there is no other possible outcome.

In your world view, everyone can (and should) kitten off then.

Discussing probabilities is reasonable, learned, and has a potential audience. But it is for the congregation-of-one to which pontificated absolutes appeal.

In other words, “The right honorable gentleman spews hogwash! And radishes!”

in WvW

Posted by: Latency.3907

Latency.3907

Its not difficult to gauge population anymore for tier 1 servers due to queue system.

BG has biggest queues in all time zones during leagues.
TC has second strongest queue for NA/EU/OCX.
JQ has second strongest queue for SEA.

The #1 in each matchup is one with best coverage. #2/#3 can swap depending on who gets double teamed more. Anet really needs to change scoring to encourage #2 and #3 to take points from #1. It is no fun being on either side of stomping and getting roflstomped.

in WvW

zortek.9607

yeah, seeing 30+ TC sat guarding a camp for PPT is not unusual. :P

You are mistaken, sir. That is not “guarding a camp.” That’s TC standing around finishing up the role play of the camp’s capture. Oh, and the furry-yak hawt chat.

in WvW

Posted by: Harrish.8743

Harrish.8743

SoS aren’t obsessed with ppt, after 30 mins running with All we were wiping 2 guild groups at a time, within 5 mins of tagging up last night I took BG’s t2 bay and got about 100-200 lootbags the entire night I died maybe 3 times.

Translated: SoS aren’t obsessed with ppt, now let’s talk about how great I am.

Hellfire Circus [HfC]

(edited by Harrish.8743)

in WvW

Posted by: biofrog.1568

biofrog.1568

Unfortunately a map that combats 3 teams against each other while 3 servers have significantly more players, you are always going to draw up one undermanned team who will always get totally obliterated.

Of course the alternative to this matches the same 3 servers over and over, which would be boring to say the least.

One solution with albeit significant implementation difficulties; add more teams to the map. Have 4, 5 or 6 teams vying for superiority over each other combatant in the same zone.

A more viable solution that also gels well with the upcoming megaserver PvE changes – significantly reduce the amount of worlds, pushing more players into the same zones. Manage queue times with more maps or using the current EotM.

“There’s no lag but what we make.” – biofrog

in WvW

Posted by: Olvendred.3027

Olvendred.3027

Its not difficult to gauge population anymore for tier 1 servers due to queue system.

BG has biggest queues in all time zones during leagues.
TC has second strongest queue for NA/EU/OCX.
JQ has second strongest queue for SEA.

Where are you getting this information, out of interest? Can you show us the data please?

in WvW

zortek.9607

One solution with albeit significant implementation difficulties; add more teams to the map. Have 4, 5 or 6 teams vying for superiority over each other combatant in the same zone.

Trebles or triumvirate systems are the most unstable paradigm from a socio-political perspective — a desirable quality in our current gaming context.

Factions (or socio-political fractures) that number greater than three incent formal and informal inter-factional collaboration and cultural norming. Emergent equilibrium is not desirable and can actually introduce unnecessary design and control issues for a production staff.

Put another way, potential rofl stomping is at a nadir with three factions (assuming all factions are equally incented and represented).

Inter-factional alliances (if they form at all) among trebles tend to be very short lived. Their existence is typically very narrow in scope — being strictly purposeful and actionable.

The enemy of my enemy is my friend…until such time as I am disproportionally disadvantaged.

That said, if either representation or incentives stray too far from (expected) equilibrium the rofl stomp spikes quickly.

There is a lot of really cool math behind all the bloviating.

in WvW

Posted by: Reverence.6915

Reverence.6915

Difference between rank 1 and 3 server is small. Difference in rank 3 and 4 server is huge. Go figure

Expac sucks for WvW players. Asura master race
Beastgate | Faerie Law
Currently residing on SBI

in WvW

Posted by: Andrew Clear.1750

Andrew Clear.1750

maybe it is because it all depends on which server has the strongest coverage per a particular time zone. Each server has strengths and weaknesses, and SoS isn’t able to shine at all in this match.

in WvW

Posted by: tmorrow.5189

tmorrow.5189

There are several SOS commanders/guilds that aren’t seen (and possibly not playing) during the T1 matchups because they don’t like the T1 game. Those commanders/guilds come out with a vengeance against T2 servers .

I play wvw everyday and have a fairly good idea how many SOS players and which guilds to expect to be on throughout the week. This weeks T1 matchup has resulted in a few SOS population on than I would normally expect. Personally I find it disappointing that we aren’t getting 100% participation from the usual crowd. It kind of sux to play under these circumstances.

in WvW

Posted by: Moderator.6840

Moderator.6840

Hi everyone,

Please note that we do not allow Match-up threads on the Guild Wars 2 forum. You can read about our forum changes here:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Guild-Wars-2-Forum-Moderation-Updates
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/wuv/wuv/Upcoming-Forum-Changes-to-WvW-Match-ups-Sub-forum

The WvW Community has created a new space for Match-Ups and other off-topic discussion. You can find the Player Community-run site here:
http://www.GW2WvW.net

We will now close this thread. Thank you for your understanding.