Sea of Sorrows inquiry

Sea of Sorrows inquiry

in WvW

Posted by: Aspect.4163

Aspect.4163

I have been researching which server I would like to be on (moderately new 80 looking at getting into WvWvW), but have a couple questions about the server before paying for a transfer (I tried to ask this in another thread, but the people were too busy squabbling over kitten issues to answer apparently).

1) I guested onto the server for a bit, and mostly encountered Aussie players, is SoS an unofficial Aussie server? (I ask as I am east coast USA, and Aussie prime time don’t really work for me).

2) Although I am looking at getting into WvWvW, I do still like doing world bosses, and dungeons, is the PvE activity good on SoS as well as the WvWvW?

Sea of Sorrows inquiry

in WvW

Posted by: DJ Klemintino.5781

DJ Klemintino.5781

When there were no mega servers, yes SoS was the unoffical aussie server.

Yes our OCX WvW coverage is very good, but nowdays we pretty much have a guild/group running in every timezone and still greatly improving on our overall coverage.

As far as PvE goes, it really dosent matter what server your on because of mega servers. But we do still have alot of large native PvE guilds for every timezone.

Go to sosgw2.com and find out more about what guilds we have for WvW and such.

Klem | Klemintino
Leader of Tactical Fury [TF]
SoS Council Member

Sea of Sorrows inquiry

in WvW

Posted by: BOA smid.1783

BOA smid.1783

We do love our Aussies on SoS (and their accents….but I digress). Like klem said, come check out sosgw2.com and meet the crew. We’re almost always chatting in the forum chat box. Plenty of action during NA times (I’m an NA player) with population in all timezones improving daily. And we do love our PvE on the side.

Sea of Sorrows inquiry

in WvW

Posted by: Tongku.5326

Tongku.5326

I have been researching which server I would like to be on (moderately new 80 looking at getting into WvWvW), but have a couple questions about the server before paying for a transfer (I tried to ask this in another thread, but the people were too busy squabbling over kitten issues to answer apparently).

1) I guested onto the server for a bit, and mostly encountered Aussie players, is SoS an unofficial Aussie server? (I ask as I am east coast USA, and Aussie prime time don’t really work for me).

2) Although I am looking at getting into WvWvW, I do still like doing world bosses, and dungeons, is the PvE activity good on SoS as well as the WvWvW?

Hi

PVE does not matter at all, as stated above, megaservers remove all barriers so you can do world bosses, silverwastes, run dungeons / fractals etc. as much as you like whenever you like. Just use the LFG function, join the group, go to map, right click and join on the player who advertised the group. Its that easy.

I think what you are looking for is a PVX guild. Not a WVW guild or a PVE guild, but one that does it all. We do have a few of those who run all aspects of the game and do / lead WvW raids 2-3 times a week with really good commanders to boot.

As for your prime time, SOS NA has a decent amount of players starting early eastern then grows towards late eastern / early pacific, thats when you will find most people to play with, we also have a fair share of late pacific but it does taper off considerably past 11pm eastern time. You can do all flavors, from small scale havoc style to mid range to blobbing on resets and weekends which is actually great because if you just stick to one of these things it gets stale real quick.

I have also sent you a PM, check your PMs.

Heavy Deedz – COSA – SF

Sea of Sorrows inquiry

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

I am on TC looking at SoS from the outside and they almost always have a decent sized crew on in WvW. TC does have a larger NA Prime so it pushes SoS back on its heels a bit but SoS has the numbers to keep it enjoyable. To me that is the important part of a server. Avoid servers with several dead population hours and in that regard SoS seems to be pretty lively most of the time.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

Sea of Sorrows inquiry

in WvW

Posted by: Aerial Melodies.4938

Aerial Melodies.4938

Can agree with the above. I play in EST and WvW picks up for SoS around 9pm our time. I usually play for a couple hours with whatever commander is leading at the time. I would recommend finding a WvW guild and then a PvE/PvX guild for your other needs. That’s what I’ve done.

Ele for Hire

Sea of Sorrows inquiry

in WvW

Posted by: Calista.1975

Calista.1975

It all depends on how you like to WvW I guess honestly they do mostly massive overkill blobs these days if that’s your thing then go for it if you want to roam or have more level fights then its prob not the place..

Sea of Sorrows inquiry

in WvW

BOA smid.1783

Did someone just accuse SoS of massive overkill blobs? lol…you know we throw parties if we manage to get more then like 25 on tag because it like NEVER happens. Our ’massive overkill blobs" are typically 20-25 most days. Unless you mean the servers we are fighting with their blobs…then yeah they have some ridiculous bobs.

Unless you mean our OCX…..but we’ve never denied our OCX is our strongest time zone.

Sea of Sorrows inquiry

in WvW

Posted by: Exciton.8942

Exciton.8942

Our number is growing on SoS but far from an overkill blob.

Two weeks ago, we were so short-handed against TC and FA. Only our OCX crew kept us in the ppt game. Now we finally have numbers to compete. It is good for both the server and the tier.

Sea of Sorrows inquiry

in WvW

Posted by: Calista.1975

Calista.1975

Did someone just accuse SoS of massive overkill blobs? lol…you know we throw parties if we manage to get more then like 25 on tag because it like NEVER happens. Our ’massive overkill blobs" are typically 20-25 most days. Unless you mean the servers we are fighting with their blobs…then yeah they have some ridiculous bobs.

Unless you mean our OCX…..but we’ve never denied our OCX is our strongest time zone.

O.0.. so 40 to 60 running all together to kill maybe 4 people is not a over kill blob? that’s about normal these days for them heck even herd some say they are sick of it themselves and are leaving cause they cant get any decent fights in…again if that’s what floats some boats I guess its great..Safety in numbers I guess LOL…

Sea of Sorrows inquiry

in WvW

Posted by: Kaiser.9873

Kaiser.9873

I played on SoS for nearly a year prior to moving with my guild, and it is a good choice. NA is still a little underpowered, but they have room to get more NA in there. It’s hard to come by offhours and SoS has that OCX crew. As far as T2 servers go SoS is a great choice.

Sea of Sorrows inquiry

in WvW

BOA smid.1783

O.0.. so 40 to 60 running all together to kill maybe 4 people is not a over kill blob? that’s about normal these days for them heck even herd some say they are sick of it themselves and are leaving cause they cant get any decent fights in…again if that’s what floats some boats I guess its great..Safety in numbers I guess LOL…

The only time we have those kinds of numbers is OCX. One time zone. Once again no one is denying our OCX is our strongest time zone. The rest of the day we don’t pull near those numbers. If you want to define an entire server by one time zone then that’s your decision. The original poster is asking about NA time where we queue one, maybe 2 maps if we try really hard. Open raid tag generally has about 20 people following him with others on the map running havoc/guild raids, unless we have to group up in response to a push from an opposing map queue (or 2).

We were popping outnumbered on our own BL a few times last night while EBG was calling for some help due to being pushed by large groups. Guess our non-existent massive overkill blob was off in PvE doing the champ train.