Seafarer's Rest - Riverside - Far Shiverpeaks

in WvW

Posted by: Chiolas.1326

Chiolas.1326

It’s not other till the fat lady sings.

Riverside are still in it imo.

Not a chance. Server doesn’t know how to do anything except sit in a keep till they have 60 or so people – throw up 10-15 balistae and then wait for an hour before rushing 10 people. They can’t attack – they are terrible.

Not really, this afternoon we spent hours defending garrison from them in Riverside BL

Yes, we are better, more organized and more focused (ticking for +600 woot^^), but there’s no need to lie about them

Quit WvW and Gw2 in August 2013

in WvW

Posted by: Wicked.5479

Wicked.5479

wow is the majority of SFR posting here 12 years old or something, bad manner all around.
no offense to the normal players posting here but it seems some of you have got a attituteproblem.
cant wait to play vs normal friendly servers again…

Kengo Miyazawa ~ norn warrior
Commander of Far Shiverpeaks
Leader of Bubblegum Dragons [GUM]

in WvW

Posted by: Reztek.7805

Reztek.7805

Yes, SFR is pretty hilarious on the forums. Maybe 10% are “normal” posts. You’ll come to that conclusion in almost any of their battle threads. No matter who they play against, it’s either them being whining because of numbers or double teaming or them bragging about ‘pure’ skill. chuckles

In the end it’s just an almost 24/7 crew, mediocre though.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/wuvwuv/Seafarer-s-Rest-EU-Server-Medium-Pop-in-T3

Ranger/Mesmer/Thief/Warrior/Elementalist/Guardian/Engineer/Necromancer/Revenant

in WvW

Posted by: iHaukka.2815

iHaukka.2815

wow is the majority of SFR posting here 12 years old or something, bad manner all around.
no offense to the normal players posting here but it seems some of you have got a attituteproblem.
cant wait to play vs normal friendly servers again…

Indeed. You should have seen our chat last night in EB. It was like.. wtf. Riverside and FS got flamed so hard. When I asked for some respect they were like “Unless they start beating us I wont give any respect”. It was hilarious since Riverside was holding SM at that time so, yeah. They were beating us at that time in EB. They even got Wildcreek and Klovan. And yet these kitten kept flaming. What makes it even worse that they come to spread their “glorious” victory in here, forums.

Not sure if Im proud to be on this server anymore and I would have moved if I weren’t in a huge guild.

ps. We need a beating from Blacktide to get rid of 12y kids.

One does simply walk into keeps

in WvW

Posted by: Thudda.4392

Thudda.4392

I have to agree partly that some of the people should learn some manners before they start spouting all kinds of things in forums and in-game. “Anonymity” of forums shows best side of humans sadly. Anyways kind of sad that all ive seen is sudden burst of far shiverpeaks and riverside players.
Still i dont see 24/7 cover some of you are saying, it just i dont see rs or fsp online so much. Coming days will tell if things will get livelier.

[FD] Thudda @ Seafarer’s Rest

in WvW

Posted by: salluks.6017

salluks.6017

i hope fsp goes down a tier or 2.. I really enjoyed our fight with kodash and augury..

in WvW

Posted by: Puz.8529

Puz.8529

On SFR we have a lot of well mannered guilds that do organised WvW. Sadly we get a lot of others (not even sure they are all playing on SFR) to badmouth opponents.

But be assured, a lot of us on the server have respect for our enemies. The game would be rather boring without them, as some are complaining about this week.

About Double Teaming. Everyone will feel that the other two servers are double teaming them. That is a result of three realms fighting amongst each other. And it will be true 90% of the time. That doesn’t mean they intentionally work together, it just happens to work out that way. Prey on the weak!

This week, we still have some nice fights. The event made last night sorta boring. A lot of our guilds also went for a look, since wvw was doing fine.

Next week, we’ll be on the receiving end of the Tier again. Let’s see how we can hold up then!

We fight, we learn, we laugh. No point playing a game if it isn’t fun after all!

Puz – TDA

in WvW

Posted by: Coraliine.1597

Coraliine.1597

While I cannot speak for the entire server, I have to say that I do not condone these absolutely immature comments and will be speaking to my guild this evening about proper forum etiquette. I am both embarrassed and ashamed that people would be acting like this and are old enough to play this game. This is the behavior of schoolyard bullies, not of adults playing a game and having fun.

But I am not posting here to try to convince you that SFR is full of sunshine and rainbows. I would like to respond to this statement:

Absolutely not. We have almost 0 night time guilds. In fact we have one, and their numbers are not more than 10. Nor do we have a particularly large early morning crew.

The fact that you are also resorting to name calling and making claims that you cannot possibly back up speak a lot for you as both a player, server representative, and person.

Like all servers SFR has bad eggs. No one can stop them from talking on the forums, and if you’re judging an entire server by the comments of a handful of individuals then I have to say you are entirely being narrowminded.

In fact, this topic was discussed just today by several officers, leaders, and active members on our forum chat. We are all appalled and upset that members of our community are behaving in such childish ways. Though if you know PvP communities you will realize that this happens, and there’s not much that can be done against it.

Cora Staalvoss – 80 Guardian
Born of Indecision [BORN] Guild Leader
Seafarer’s Rest [EU]

(edited by Coraliine.1597)

in WvW

Posted by: yellowsnow.4270

yellowsnow.4270

in WvW

Posted by: Tyila.7596

Tyila.7596

maybe you can go camp spawn point with them, as it seem that it reached that level already (as in groups camping spawn point)…

Nuf said

Symbelmynë Laeyasee Dolyak Parcel Service [DPS]
Talatha Gaésian Dolyak Parcel Service [DPS]
home at Far Shiverpeaks.

in WvW

Posted by: Rayya.2591

Rayya.2591

Yes, SFR is pretty hilarious on the forums. Maybe 10% are “normal” posts. You’ll come to that conclusion in almost any of their battle threads. No matter who they play against, it’s either them being whining because of numbers or double teaming or them bragging about ‘pure’ skill. chuckles

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/wuvwuv/Seafarer-s-Rest-EU-Server-Medium-Pop-in-T3

you could lose with dignity . in the end no matter how bad SFR are , you are worse. An 24 hours hours coverage by SFR does no justify the fact FS got 60 points at peak time.
When SFR fought Blacktide , we never gave up, and we had good fights since first night , we even had more points at peak for 3-4 hours
but the fact that FS already gave up is just ….
you got 10 ppls maximum in home borderland… the issue is with you , not with SFR … in my opinion you should check your own backyard.

http://imgur.com/a/fKgjD
no.1 WvW kills

in WvW

Posted by: Taek.4671

Taek.4671

you got 10 ppls maximum in home borderland… the issue is with you , not with SFR … in my opinion you should check your own backyard.

FSP have not given up. Many of our WvW guilds have gone to SFR, Desolation and BT. We lacked numbers over the weekend. We are trying to rebuild and getting new blood into WvW, but with a big PvE event it is hard getting them into WvW.

We did not climb back to T3 without effort, stuff we did last week worked better than expected. We had awesome battles last week and if we drop while we train new people up, so be it. BUT we won’t give up and have some WvW guilds that are here to stay and fight.

[TGA]The Gamers Asylum

in WvW

Coraliine.1597

you could lose with dignity . in the end no matter how bad SFR are , you are worse. An 24 hours hours coverage by SFR does no justify the fact FS got 60 points at peak time.
When SFR fought Blacktide , we never gave up, and we had good fights since first night , we even had more points at peak for 3-4 hours

Cheers sir, and thanks for not giving up. I understand that FSP has had some issues with guilds leaving, SFR had that not long ago. But I literally find no fun in us taking every location. There are only so many times one can run dolyaks.

That being said, I want FSP and Riverside to do well. The game is fun! Make sure you’re remembering that when you play!

Seafarer’s Rest [EU]

in WvW

Posted by: Ironvos.9014

Ironvos.9014

You can’t say we are giving up, the FSP people who post here are exactly the ones you face on the battlefield, if it wasn’t for us you’d have nothing to do at all, we are still there
But if you go overkill with 10 omega’s off course it may seem like there’s actually no one defending at all, we died in one second :p

SFR just is a higher tier than us, no question about this.
You would do just as miserable if you were dropped in tier 1

Far Shiverpeaks
Luna Solares – Mesmer

in WvW

Posted by: ankdarkwolf.1487

ankdarkwolf.1487

Surely the issue is within us, but there’s a group that has not give up yet and it’s really cruel to say that. Imho the ones who gave up were those who left their own server, not the ones who stay here, trying to regroup and to do their best despite the PvE habit of most FSP players. Even if we are the ‘easy prey’.

There are some proud commanders among us. Yes, we are a few players in wvw, we’re always in “Outmanned” status, we don’t have the same amounts of gold or badges to spend in sieges and for a well organized wvw server we can be ‘boring’ to the point of make fun of us and destroying us with a million golems. But we’re not lousy and when we group together the numerical superiority is just not enough to stop us. Again, we can’t sustain fighting all time in all maps (I have a job and even if you find it strange I also need to sleep sometimes that’s what I’m trying to say). In the end there’s really no need to say that we’re giving up -.-"

I’m still enjoying myself in wvw, for a noob like me bad situations = good learning

Maeeve – The Unlikely Plan (TUP) – Cute! <3

(edited by ankdarkwolf.1487)

in WvW

Posted by: NeverSmileWF.1684

NeverSmileWF.1684

said this b4 will say this again, im so happpy to have transfered here one week ago . If i compare this to ring of fire , this servers WvWvW activity is like gods gift to me. GoGoGo SFR!!1

Neversmile Wf – Engineer – Seafarer`s Rest

in WvW

Posted by: maloki.3527

maloki.3527

I didn’t mean to sound like a kitten but the situation is frustrating for the last few dedicated WvW players on FSP that are not part of huge guilds and were taken over to another server. And now facing that our major WvW alliance, which people once relied on, is a PvE alliance is making it not any easier. However i dont want to make this a flame topic so im just sucking it and heading back to WvW! Cu out there

In no way is TNA a PvE alliance. I’m sorry to say. But all guilds in it has a major PvE section, because the server is PvX.
I can only talk for DW within the Alliance tho; We’re a casual guild, PvX but happen to have a huge PvP/WvW crew. We will never force any of our players to do anything. However we do continously arrange events, and after having had 5 WvW events/week for 2 months (not counting the morning and night crews we’ve been running with other guilds) we felt that we needed to give our PvEers a good event, and used this weekend for it.

And guess what, WE HAD FUN! Which is what this game is about to be honest.

Maloki – Asura Necro/Sylvari Ele –
@Farshiverpeaks
You’re dumb. You’ll die, and you’ll leave a dumb corpse

in WvW

Posted by: Manta.7962

Manta.7962

The Seafarer’s Rest guys have, a ballista, arrow cart, trebuchet and a SIEGE GOLEM in the Eternal battlegrounds jumping puzzle. How bored are you guys?

in WvW

Posted by: suppenkasper.5371

suppenkasper.5371

80% of the fighting in this matchup have been around FSP Borderland and FSP’s part of Eternal Battleground. If u deny that ur not playing enough WvW. And this is not a QQ post just a fact and a try to keep the moral up for my homeserver as people start to get frustrated just by the look at the points. Nor SFR or Riverside have superior tactics or strategys, they simply have more WvW players and guilds. Once a Zerg on FSP is formed and moving we still manage to bring pain to our enemys.

If i were in Riversides position i would probably go for FSP aswell to secure the Tier 3 spot, but i don’t really get why SFR is also putting major focus on FSP parallel to Riverside even though they already won this matchup anyway. Now u will say all the map is green anyway, and ur right that ur capping Riverside also time to time, but once there is resistance in either Riverside or FSP BL u always choose FSP. Dropping back down to Tier4 is not a big deal and people can think what they want about FSP, the community has become a really tough one and i can see a positive development. What we lack is numbers and a couple of organised guilds that are not relying on commanders.

in WvW

Posted by: ramsay.5462

ramsay.5462

The Seafarer’s Rest guys have, a ballista, arrow cart, trebuchet and a SIEGE GOLEM in the Eternal battlegrounds jumping puzzle. How bored are you guys?

I have seen that too, they were the ‘Rerollers [Roll]’ … i see they often there

in WvW

Posted by: Scuzzy.2713

Scuzzy.2713

I think the reason for maybe people on SFR focusing FSP (if at all), is just because we have faced Riverside 3-4 times in the weekly match ups, and people are just fighting the new enemy because its the first time we have had a week match up against you, and is different ot fighting yet another DE server.

in WvW

Posted by: Wicked Lilith.7361

Wicked Lilith.7361

If it was for me and not our commander i would have focused solely on SFR and let River cap our stuff for free just to bring SFR to stay in this tier again and so we could go down again to get training again. And Im not saying this for spite but just I’m interested how many of those deserters (both from FSP and some other realms) you would keep if you got beaten few times.

And I wouldnt do it only to SFR I would do it to BT, Deso(though i guess ruin ruined them before leaving to stronger server under excuse we are looking for a chalenge, you want chalenge go to one realm in bottom and do it alone to get to tier1 dont join strongest server or even better play in kitten NA).

Anyway as it is I gota say while you have numbers, coverage (and my hat is off to you for that) your nothing special without superior numbers. Saturday night we held you of at Veloka tower with 5 ppl vs yours 50 for over an hour and after 60 minutes of attempting to get to doors and bash them (dunno is it your pugs or Enklave is kids guild, but i didnt see them drop a ram once in siege) Someone remembered to drop a treb in overwatch and to kill our siege after an hour! and even then you needed 30 more minutes to get inside adn cap it while not killing a single of our defenders since we abandoned the tower when doors went down (denying you the badges). Riverside while outnumbered compared to you still employs tactics, and im thrilled every time they start siege on one of towers I fortified and sieged up its a long gruel and bloody battle (I fought Vizunah, I fought Desolation with and without Ruin, I fought Blacktide, I fought you guys (both servers) adn compared to Vizunah, Deso’s IRON, even some of our guilds that left to other realms or stayed, or to BT’s Red Guard your nothing special and a long way from them, even Kodash tier below had better tactics then you and failed to go up only because we got a nightcrew organized at last.

Yes we will go down a tier again or maybe on expense of Riverside stay here, its a part of game but we will bring our PuGs and our guilds to start working as clock and we will come back swinging, and we will swing hard and with vengeance back to tier1 where we were and were we belong.

P.S. Excuses for sucking as I was in my troll mode or you were so bad it was sad to do anything or we just dont need to be serious at this matchup just show your imaturity, adn will hit you hard when you go tier up.

There is time to rest, time to work and there is time to kill something…
Kasumi Yashiro Human Engineer FSP White Dragons Legion (XIII)

in WvW

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

We kind of suck. I always wonder how we manage win any matches.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

in WvW

Posted by: Wicked Lilith.7361

Wicked Lilith.7361

Anyway great fight with Riverside at Veloka Tower, though we won with 8 ppl vs your 20ish nice tactical thinking but you probably thought we built cata when we used supplies to cover doors adn went for wall taking down, while we were preping siege for blocking the hole where ever you make it.

To bad you lost Durios because we stalled you, Had at last great near numbers fight with a guild group from SFR at Mendons, you guys were great at covering one each other adn blocking us but we kept mendon nevertheless so I guess we won XD. Hope to see you guys around evenings more.

There is time to rest, time to work and there is time to kill something…
Kasumi Yashiro Human Engineer FSP White Dragons Legion (XIII)

in WvW

Posted by: jroekke.7210

jroekke.7210

Rofl the hate Kasumi.

And you think it is need for how much tactics atm in this matchup? Look at the score and it tells most.. And us from FSP wont leave SFR, we left your server cause of many reasons, active WvW guilds being one of em.

Cheers mate, see you on the battlefield

in WvW

Posted by: Jude Oscure.4082

Jude Oscure.4082

Just want to show my respect to MNSG guild, I always appreciate people that do not give it up.
You really make a good job yesterday night.
/respect

Guild Master of The Oscure Brotherhood [OSC]

in WvW

Posted by: taro.2568

taro.2568

Taro Threekeys – Charr Pusher – The Oscure [OSC]
Zergatron OSC WvW blog

(edited by taro.2568)

in WvW

Posted by: Kambros.8209

Kambros.8209

Aloha!

To be honest, I’ve always had much Kudos for the Seafarer’s Rest Server in WvW. And it won’t be changed by some bad mannered guys , having no clue what happened in the last months in our matches.

You ask how we did get into T3? Well, we fell out of T2. And how we did get there? Well, we fell out of T1. ^^

A small history lesson:

The first time RS and SFR met was in T2, week 42. It was a close match between the two of us, haha. Arborstone (Arbor… who? ^^ ) dominated and we’ve had to lick our wounds the after being defeated the fourth week in a row by a 24/7 server.

In week 43 we met in T3 again. BT won this matchup with 255k, SFR had 186k, RS had 171k. 5th week in a row being defeated by a “flavour of the month”-server.

Week 44, again RS vs SFR. RS 269k, SFR 164k. Lots of respect in our comm for “the pirates” as you were fighting very good, though most of the time outmanned. Kodash went 189k. In this week you earned your nickname “Piraten” which is used since now.

In week 45 we’ve been kitten by full-strength blacktide again in T2. The Red Guard punished every so little mistake and dominated us with their straight coordinated gameplay. Its been the toughest week I’ve ever had in WvW since i started playing. And I play longer than the here mentioned weeks. Even Elona wasnt able to counter this. And they’re quite good.

Finally in week 46 we met again SFR in T3. Thats been the nicest week I’ve had in WvW. Close matchup with Miller and SFR. You guys won 237k:195k. Miller went 178k.

Thats where we, Riverside, come from.

So this week SFR dominates. Lucky you. If you, and I mean you kitten, not the pirates out there, dont have any respect for our efforts to not give up, though we’ve been fightin’ all the T1/T2-flavour of the month servers for months and weeks, I wonder for whom you have any respect. Perhaps only for yourself.

And if you ask why we play defensively… well, just check our matchups of the last months. The Vizunah-, Far Shiver Peaks- (with NUG and the other guys), Arborstone-, Blacktide- and Elona-guys forced us to. Now we are quite good in defending our ground. Believe me, in T4 or lower we will learn again how to attack.

Sorry for this wall of text, but I felt to have to point out where we come from and who we are.

My respect to every FSP-fighter who comes to the battlefield. And my respect to you, Pirates. You, kitten, go home to mommy when you get gang kitten the first time by the really bad boys.

Regards,

Silva Del Rey, Riverside

Silva Del Rey, Thief
DTK | Die Technokraten
Flußufer/ Riverside [DE]

in WvW

Posted by: ethier.3417

ethier.3417

I’ve only ever seen whining once from us, That was agaisnt 2 DE servers who openly worked together after we toke 50k point lead during the weekend.
I didn’t mind it so much as there was alot of action in WvW but couldn’t hold our points very well.
Granted we have a few that complained about Night Time PvD servers at the start as well.

“In the end it’s just an almost 24/7 crew”

Haha, That’s funny. I can tell you we’ve had one small american guild join our server recently and some of them are Eu players. That’s the only night cover we have + randoms.

Also, We have and never will accept alliances from other servers, the simple matter of a FS are just poor, They lack numbers, have no real wvw guild on there server now and are easy pickings for points.

I have enjoyed fights with Riverside, Although on Sunday i thought it was lame they had a zerg of 70-80 player for there “community tatics meeting” in the corner of the riverside borderland map while we controled the whole map with less than 20 people. It was alot of fun after they finished and nearly got garrision of us.

Ethier 80 Necro Callous Philosophy [LaG]

in WvW

Posted by: Gremmore.1970

Gremmore.1970

Well i guess we proved not all at SFR are kids seeing how this tread evolved into a better one. Not that i expect any of my guild to even write childish stuff like this..kinky and corny OK, but certainly not childish!! ..i will also mention it.

For who’s the best and blaming servers for not fighting back…those long enough on SFR (from the start) should know we’ve also been there….. at our first big beating weekend many here just left the game for a while blaming invis enemies, night capping and many other things…some were true others just felt true.

Now it seems more guilds/People move our way and activitiy starts to rise again….
I’m sure that all original guilds would show respect to most (can never say all) oponents we come up against. Since we know that things can easily turn and guilds shouting how great SFR is will turn on you when things go bad and move to other server.

Don’t get me wrong i’m happy with seeing our server is gaining both people and points again, i just haven’t forgotten how it was few weeks back.

This match is well as mentioned before less of a match then week before, but in moments still fun…2 big groups running into eachother at a corner always gives some good 15-30 minute fight and already makes a WvW evening worth it…

Hope to see some good action tonight…good luck to all involved.

[AR] Gremmore (18+++++:)

in WvW

Posted by: Mizu.9387

Mizu.9387

While I agree to keep it mature, I really don’t mind a little trashtalk or the occasional taunt. It’s part of the competative nature and builds up the necessary spirit to really wanna fight the opposing servers.
Anger and being generally pissed off is fine, whining is not as cool.

What surprises me is that so many complain about camping. When you have a force attacking a keep, a vital part is to disrupt reinforcements. This is especially true when it comes to Riversiders as you are very good at defending.

Keep up the fight and don’t give up. We love to hate Riverside! So do us a favor and stick around.

Sif Urkraft

in WvW

Coraliine.1597

..kinky and corny OK

I would expect nothing less from SFR. Kinky? Absolutely.

Seafarer’s Rest [EU]

in WvW

Posted by: murtas.2417

murtas.2417

Just want to show my respect to MNSG guild, I always appreciate people that do not give it up.
You really make a good job yesterday night.
/respect

All this weeks against Riverside, all the Riverside zergs my Guild as been running into, surely MNSG guild group is the only one worth remembering.

The only ones to give some excitment to bring our best,
Cheers from uPT too.

Props to DTK too, still running out there and good informative post Kambros, it may enlighten the little people kitten forums.

(edited by murtas.2417)

in WvW

Posted by: maloki.3527

maloki.3527

Oh Speaking of camping! The epicness from Riverside on EB, of Panglos Supply Camp.

You were being hit from both sides by FSP and SFR.. Still you stood tall. During the time we kept trying to get that supply camp we were stupid enough to loose 2 towers (fail at tunnel visioning of FSP).

I however am a bit saddened to see the hostility from you whom I used to play side by side with for a very long time. Especially when you do know the effort we who are still here still put into WvW on this server.

Maloki – Asura Necro/Sylvari Ele –
@Farshiverpeaks
You’re dumb. You’ll die, and you’ll leave a dumb corpse

in WvW

Posted by: Cyril.1486

Cyril.1486

I don’t get the hate vs . Seafarers Rest i think it’s one of the best servers to fight against. Who really cares about the points you made. Just kill each other for gods sake. I hope Seafarer’s can hit Tier 1.

in WvW

Scuzzy.2713

@Cyril, people care about the points (I don’t) morale is the biggest enemy in this game, crush it over the weekend people don’t often come back from a losing position.

I think if we manage to snaffle a few NA players – around 50-70 to counteract the Xaoc presence in the morning – we may be able to give you a half decent fight, as morale won’t get screwed over early in the match, EU prime time we have only got better.

The community guilds will keep on fighting whatever, we will just prolly lose the unguilded and those that not fully www focused if we get hammered over the weekend.

Personally I am looking forward to fighting Blacktide again if we make it that far up the ladder ,because there are a few guys on the server that wind me up (which is fun and I have no problem with at all – in my opinion it adds to the game).

in WvW

Posted by: Wicked.5479

Wicked.5479

ofc you dont get it, your server is full 24/7 and all fights are even (or you have the upperhand).
we had that aswell untill guilds left to join just the servers we’re facing now, and then claiming, lolzors we are so much better. (you know who you are)
ofc you conquer a fort when its literally 50 vs 20. (unless you run head first into 3 cata’s; right RS ppl at longview :P)
nearly nobody is willing to upgrade in this matchup since even combining everyone from all BL’s we still arent enough to kill SFR and RS zergs…
i sincerily hope for the core of SFR that they dont end up in tier 1 and face BT, VS or DES, because then the same hoppers will just join the next better server and the core are left like FSP.

Kengo Miyazawa ~ norn warrior
Commander of Far Shiverpeaks
Leader of Bubblegum Dragons [GUM]

(edited by Wicked.5479)

in WvW

Posted by: Flagello.2374

Flagello.2374

We are not bored, but we’re not stupid.
We enter in the jumping puzzle without mean war, do not attack nobody first, but if you greet us with bullets, we can not offer you the flowers.

If they attack us we make sure that no one can complete the jumping puzzles.

Flagello
Guild :
The Rerollers and Lion

in WvW

Posted by: Mizu.9387

Mizu.9387

It’s been said time and time again. The JP is a resource node that provides free siege. Ofc we will defend it and actively prevent the enemy from getting their hands on weaponry that -will- be used against us.

Sif Urkraft

in WvW

Posted by: Chiolas.1326

Chiolas.1326

I never did the EB jumping puzzle and only did the borderlands jumping puzzle once (one way for each key) and with the help of a video guide (before that I spent like 2 hours trying and failing)

kitten me right?

Quit WvW and Gw2 in August 2013

in WvW

Scuzzy.2713

@Wicked, I don’t honestly think we will be fearing Deso, yes BT, dunno about VS, the main guilds on the server have been here through good and bad, I doubt if we get a good beating any of those will leave. We have taken a beating in the past and no noted guild left to my knowledge.

There is a pretty good spirit on the server , and win, lose or whatever most guys have loyality to it and don’t transfer if we lose, we just try again and see where we can improve.

We still have some ways to go, personally I think we can learn from RS defence (maybe not quite so defensive) but its something that will reap rewards if we move higher.

Thanks to all in this week match up, and +love to Kambros, one of the most informative posts I have read on this forum for some while.

in WvW

Posted by: dual.6157

dual.6157

We shall indeed see Xanthian.

It’s a shame you haven’t come across the smaller teams among us who go around ninjaing camps/towers, escorting dolyaks, cutting supply lines. You seem to believe that the zerg is the be all and end all of SFR. Most disappointing.

@Kambros. Kudos sir. Riverside have always provided excellent match-ups, win or loose.

We were having plenty of fun trying to deal with the new portal bomb dancing going on in RS home @ garrison this evening. Had a great time. Long fight!

Cheers,

Dual.

Dual Syn
Elementalist | [BORN] Officer | SFR

in WvW

Posted by: ethier.3417

ethier.3417

Some great fights with Riverside in the last two hours in Riverside Borderland, When i got back from work we’d just lost bay, We got people into Riverside and held them back at hils.

We pushed them back and they regrouped and tryed to treb hills from Stargrove… Our TS channel burst out in laughter after they fell from the top of the supply camp and died from death, we pushed them away from the supply camp and got OSC to clear the treb and regroup at the supply camp to take the rest of you guys.

Was hella fun.

As for Xanthian comment, All i have to say is i hardly see FSP and when i do no matter if we are even numbers or zerging you, you don’t put much of a fight up.

Great fight tonight/this morning Riverside though, had some great fun.

I apologize for bad spelling, That’s what Tequilla and Beer does to you

Ethier 80 Necro Callous Philosophy [LaG]

(edited by ethier.3417)

in WvW

Posted by: yellowsnow.4270

yellowsnow.4270

I however am a bit saddened to see the hostility from you whom I used to play side by side with for a very long time. Especially when you do know the effort we who are still here still put into WvW on this server.

The only hostility as been to those who have no clue why we did what we did and keep whining and giving us sh,it because we left.

FSP is a great server and i have meany friends there and when the time comes that i dont play so much wvw anymore, i will definitely go back. But atm i will focus on wvw and at the same time have fun wile doing so, that is really not possible on FSP anymore, cuz u run around whit out manned buff 90% of the time.

in WvW

Posted by: Loid.5749

Loid.5749

I find people funny who say certain imbalances are “part of the game” and that “this is warfare”; that is sure a convenient thing to say when you are not on the receiving end of a flawed design.

I like the original concept for WvWvW, but a few key elements sprung out of ArenaNets idealistic views seems to be destroying it in practicality.

It is a wonderful idea that every persons time is equally worth and all; but as complaints over timezones have proven, that is not the case. It’s sad to see Farshiver Peaks taking a beating while people stubbornly cling to a concept that obviously does not bring balance nor equal fun (opposite of one-sided fun).

No matter what you say, a lot of people have stopped playing, drastically lowering our forces. I’m pretty sure there are plenty of opponents who are bothered by the near complete absence of another server in WvWvW. I don’t count sporadic zergs or temporary weekends of activity as “presence”.

Playing to win might be challenging and certainly sooths the feathers of some people. But playing to win also requires more dedication and effort; this effectively squares out the casual people.

By having a system that counts points so frequently and has a 24/7 uptime you advocate escalation of activity; in example, if two servers play to win and one servers rapidly increases in activity and the other server decides to do the same, the overall amount of hecticness and stress has been knocked up another notch.

This may be fine for a while but eventually you get to the point where it would be disruptive to your everyday activities to actually take part of WvWvW as it was meant to be.

I think ArenaNet needs to update their views; they are fine in theory and have been sprung out of a sense of equality and a welcoming spirit towards customers, but in reality it’s just exactly the opposite.

I would love to see a change sometime soon, otherwise people will be leaving. I know a lot of people say “don’t let the door hit you on the way out”; but as someone pointed out, if people continue boycotting WvWvW, there will be no enemies left.

All that will be left are guilds and scattered people jumping servers to be in the winning server, leaving all sense of loyalty, unity or identity behind. That, in my eyes, does not equal fun, and even if it did in your eyes, this strongly goes against ArenaNets original views.

With having all that said, yeah, I don’t really have any high hopes against Seafarer’s Rest; they have a bunch of no-lifer guilds who’d rather spend time winning than actually having fun. And no, I’m not talking about zerging or mindlessly fighting out in the open; I’m talking about having an actual war of tactics that require adaptation and strategy.

To hell going to another borderland because the resistance is less. That is plain lame; but I guess whatever floats your boat.

I rest my case.

(edited by Loid.5749)

in WvW

Coraliine.1597

I would just like to tip my hat to the players of Riverside.

Vielen Dank für eine Herausforderung.

BORN had been on our homeworld for about 2 hours before we moved to your border land. You guys were all over the place, it was excellent. Great leadership, communication, and teamwork.

There was also a small group of FSP players who were running around near hills and capping supply camps. Unfortunately I didn’t get your tag when I saw you a few times, but you guys did great as well!

Seafarer’s Rest [EU]

in WvW

Posted by: draugris.9872

draugris.9872

I guess Lightvision should really check his medication. As somebody from SFR complaining about other Servers zerging is plain ridiculous. Next time when you roll over the map with your megazerg of lameness check if your opponents have the outnumbered buff and then think about your bs comments about skills, lol.

Mondsucht [MS] – Kodash

in WvW

Posted by: DarkieDuck.9521

DarkieDuck.9521

I would like to thank Riverside for the great fight they put up last night in their borderlands.
The mesmber bombing was great fun

Well done!

Zekow[NiD] – lvl 80 Elementalist
Solo guard of the watergate
Seafarer’s Rest [EU]

in WvW

Posted by: Leeach.3547

Leeach.3547

Yes great fun on the Riverside map last night. But Riverside when you outnumber your opponent 3vs1 don’t waste time on fancy tactics just use brute force and take the keep, towers fast and move on. I know the portal’s are fun but don’t waste 30 mins on them when you can take the keep in 5 mins with brute force. The keep where not even reinforced )

Seafarer’s Rest – Aeeon

in WvW

Posted by: Junkie.9745

Junkie.9745

Not been there but I could bet they did it to improve their teamwork and used it for some kind of training which will be useful in the close future.