Season 1/2 are exactly the same Bad move ANet

in WvW

Posted by: Realist.5812

Realist.5812

Actually Season 2 may be worse since it provides a more significant reward for the most stacked server compared to Season 1.

Why they are the same:

- STILL NO ACCOUNT WXP.

- Which leads to playing the same character… still.. same as before Season 1, during Season 1, and after Season 1, and now DURING SEASON 2.

- STILL NO BALANCE CHANGES / META SHAKE UP.

- Which leads to playing the same predictable meta that existed since before Season 1, during Season 1, after Season 1, and now DURING SEASON 2.

Both of these still failing to be done, are apart of the WvW/PvP stagnation problem, yet ANet still doesn’t care unless the gem store stagnates.

There is no point holding another ‘tournament’ if:
- People are still forced to play the same character
- The meta is the same
- Server stacking still wins
- Coverage wars dominates

Season 1 and Season 2 are exactly the same, with the same predictable server rank outcome, whilst better rewarding the server stackers.

There is no reason to hold another ‘tournament’ with the same meta, stacking victories, coverage wars victories, except to grant the illusion of content and caring about the game mode you created. Which we ALL see right through.

I want to play my Necro more (rank 40), I’m growing tired of warrior, but my warrior is obviously the logical choice (rank 690).

As soon as I swap characters, the first things I notice (within 1 minute).
- No guard stacks
- No siege masteries, you can bet your bottom dollar the group I’m with somehow has no mastery either, and I switch back to warrior.

So since Season 2 has no meta shake up, or incentive to play alts, I’ve taken the liberty to craft full ascended zerker gear, and almost finished the predator, and I’m just going to yolo kill shot things / commanders / drivers and not care about doing anything else, even if my guild or group needs another shouthammer war / guard / Necro.

Get your act together ANET.

#Yolokillshotseason2isajoke

ALL IS VAIN.
PvP modes are the “endgame” in every MMO.
Stop failing at PvE, start fixing PvP/WvW. Thank you.

(edited by Realist.5812)

in WvW

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

anet cant fix all of your magnets. some time soon you gotta except potatoes and then proceed to boogie.

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

in WvW

Posted by: Yuki Chuki.2457

Yuki Chuki.2457

Agree. Also, I so love the server stacking it causes. Nothing better than to be a regular that fights on a near daily basis for his server and is only able to log in after 8pm because of work and then can’t play because of all the queues. Seriously! Before I could play whenever I wanted. The only map that sometimes had a queue was EB. Maybe 5 people during the weak and on wekkend peaktimes 20-30 at worst.

Now we’re have queues on every single map during the week. The shortest queue yesterday and the day before were 10+, EB now constantly had 40-60 people in queue between 8 and 10 pm (then I gave up..).
I really don’t want all this additional people. I love WvW but due to the peak time queues we now experience due to all the stacking and the limited time slots I’m able to logg in, I now nearly can’t play WvW.
Making rewards dependent on how your server does was such a great idea. I bet, all the servers the people moved away from are thrilled too….

in WvW

Posted by: Hule.8794

Hule.8794

Tournament Season 2 is not for WvW players.
Tournament Season 2 is meant to be quick update for PvE players so they will have something to do before LS Season 2 hits the game. You know this thing called Achivements right?

And well PvE palyers don’t care about commander system, they don’t care about something called world rank ability points.

But they care about Mistforged Hero Weapon

in WvW

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

they should have add 10 points to total score for each enemy you kill (in addition to the bloodlust killing score).

that way stacking on a server does not guarantee a win.

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

in WvW

Posted by: Distaste.4801

Distaste.4801

they should have add 10 points to total score for each enemy you kill (in addition to the bloodlust killing score).

You realize that would make things worse right? When a server outnumbers you and can run a full zerg vs your 15-20 you’re just feeding them points. You either stop playing that map and they tick for more points or keep feeding them points. Either way they still win. WvW at this point cannot be saved. They needed a new scoring/matching system months after launch when it was very apparent what they had was a giant failure.

in WvW

Posted by: blakdoxa.7520

blakdoxa.7520

Tournament Season 2 is not for WvW players.
Tournament Season 2 is meant to be quick update for PvE players so they will have something to do before LS Season 2 hits the game. You know this thing called Achivements right?

And well PvE palyers don’t care about commander system, they don’t care about something called world rank ability points.

But they care about Mistforged Hero Weapon

WOW.
If there was ever any truth about season 2. THIS IS IT.
Man, it’s complete garbage too…

Devona’s Rest

in WvW

Posted by: Bertrand.3057

Bertrand.3057

Agree. Also, I so love the server stacking it causes. Nothing better than to be a regular that fights on a near daily basis for his server and is only able to log in after 8pm because of work and then can’t play because of all the queues. Seriously! Before I could play whenever I wanted. The only map that sometimes had a queue was EB. Maybe 5 people during the weak and on wekkend peaktimes 20-30 at worst.

Now we’re have queues on every single map during the week. The shortest queue yesterday and the day before were 10+, EB now constantly had 40-60 people in queue between 8 and 10 pm (then I gave up..).
I really don’t want all this additional people. I love WvW but due to the peak time queues we now experience due to all the stacking and the limited time slots I’m able to logg in, I now nearly can’t play WvW.
Making rewards dependent on how your server does was such a great idea. I bet, all the servers the people moved away from are thrilled too….

Gandara, right? It’s getting ugly.

Talleyrand, Captain and Commander of the Bloody Pirates
Asura on patrol in defense of Gandara and Bessie!
Administrator of http://thisisgandara.com

in WvW

Posted by: Krisztian.8405

Krisztian.8405

Not exactly the same as Season 1. We now have eotm now, and if the achievements can be completed there, I don’t see why tons of pve’rs will flock to wvw to be ganked while achievement hunting.

in WvW

Yuki Chuki.2457

Gandara, right? It’s getting ugly.

Wow, so the situation’s really that bad that you just recognized me as a fellow Gandarian just from my description? Seems like I’m really not imagining things then.

Seriously, it’s super frustrating and also makes me a little angry.

I really love Gandara and am there since the first day of the game. I love our WvW community and it’s great to recognize so many players just by their name or even by their looks when they’re running by. I really love our WvW community and am playing on a near daily basis. I absolutely don’t mind if people want to join Gandara to be a part of us. But this is just masses of people joining us in hopes of winning the Season. If they really wanted to be a part of us, they clearly wouldn’t all have realized that just low. I know that everyone has the right to play WvW (and also on our server) but I care too much to not be upset about the fact that I fought for Gandara every day and now I’m not even able to log in and join the fight during the time frame my regular life allows me just because lots and lots of people who never gave a kitten about Gandara and now just hoped over for an easy win use up all the slots!
It’s already this bad during the week; I don’t even want to know how the weekend will be. And let’s face it: Practically noone serious about WvW ever sayd “Yeah, I want to play in EotM!”

Basically this all punishes everyone that really cared about Gandara (or any other server this happens to) and fought for it to be where it is by making it harder for them to play and enjoy the game.
It also punishes people on other servers that care about them and are left behind!

It kinda makes me wish for something like a loyalty bonus where you can rack up loyalty points by playing a lot for a certain server and gain queue advantages over people that are just bandwagoning and leeching.

Also, I don’t know what will be more fun: The super unfair fihgts we’re gonna have (frustrating for both sides) or that we could possibly end up with a huge gain in ranks and then, when the season is over and everyone leaves again, have unfair fights for weeks on end and getting steamrolled all the time.

Also, I don’t know how this will interfere with our community. Juding by the numbers we now have way more players that switched over than regulars (before we had mostly only very small queues on EB, a good number of people on our own border land and were very often outnumbered in the other borderlands. Now we have queues on all maps).

I so love playing with you guys and am a bit afraid that the sudden influx of WvW players from other servers (and also them probably leaving us like a sinking ship after the season is over) could hurt our great community badly in one way or another

Edit: Just got home from work early to maybe play a little in EB: It’s not even evening yet and we have an EB queue of 54 (!!) people. This might not be a lot for higher tears (wouldn’t know about that) but before all this bull kitten, I’ve never seen the queue go over 30 in weeks or even months and that was on Fridays/Saturday evening. Most of the times you could just get in directly or within 5 minutes; even in the peak hours.

(edited by Yuki Chuki.2457)

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

Leagues have imploded our BP server. We came through season one worse than when we went in as it burned a lot of players out and created a lot of tension between “PUGS” and “Skill Groups” on our server.

With Season 2 T4 is an extremely expensive transfer, a guarantee of being out manned most weeks and no chance of landing the big rewards, we are seeing a huge upward migration off of our server. It is possible this was coming without leagues as most servers transition but these seasons certainly accelerated our decline.

Maybe the ultimate effect of Seasons will be to migrate the population upward and prevent the need for transfers. If that is indeed where this is headed, they should just make transfers to kitten free and jack up the cost to everyone below. It would certainly create a more competitive environment.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

in WvW

Yuki Chuki.2457

Leagues have imploded our BP server. We came through season one worse than when we went in as it burned a lot of players out and created a lot of tension between “PUGS” and “Skill Groups” on our server.

With Season 2 T4 is an extremely expensive transfer, a guarantee of being out manned most weeks and no chance of landing the big rewards, we are seeing a huge upward migration off of our server. It is possible this was coming without leagues as most servers transition but these seasons certainly accelerated our decline.

Maybe the ultimate effect of Seasons will be to migrate the population upward and prevent the need for transfers. If that is indeed where this is headed, they should just make transfers to kitten free and jack up the cost to everyone below. It would certainly create a more competitive environment.

You’re exactly describing part of the scenario I’m scared about I’m really sorry it turned out this way for you and hope that your server will see better times again!

The fact that rewards are directly bound to how well your server does is not helping at all with server balance but instead just rips a lot of them apart

in WvW

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

It appears we’ll have the balance patch dropping like a bomb mid-season.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

in WvW

Posted by: Hule.8794

Hule.8794

What did you expected? That they care about wvw players?

in WvW

Posted by: sirflamesword.3896

sirflamesword.3896

You just described Yaks Bend also, same tier same problem coming out of Season 1(90% of our regular WvWers “took a break”, but most never came back) and now we have lost multiple WvW guild from our server to the free transfer servers.

Pinnacle of Responsibility[Mom]-Yaks Bend
Unstable Shield, Unstable Light

in WvW

Posted by: Altie.4571

Altie.4571

You people need to take a chill pill.

Take a walk, re-evaluate your emotions. Come back with constructive criticism, ideas to solve the problem not just pointless rantings.

And as far as balance, wait for the feature patch notes to come out, it is quite possible that balance is addressed in the combat portion.

When scientists discover the center of the universe,
a lot of people will be disappointed they are not it.

in WvW

Posted by: sirflamesword.3896

sirflamesword.3896

Take a walk, re-evaluate your emotions. Come back with constructive criticism, ideas to solve the problem not just pointless rantings.

And as far as balance, wait for the feature patch notes to come out, it is quite possible that balance is addressed in the combat portion.

From T1 huh? Guessing BG or maybe JQ?

Pinnacle of Responsibility[Mom]-Yaks Bend
Unstable Shield, Unstable Light

in WvW

Posted by: Altie.4571

Altie.4571

From T1 huh? Guessing BG or maybe JQ?

Wrong on both points: CD actually for T1.
And enjoyed it because I play the game to have fun and beat the other player, not for some reward that can’t/wont impact my toon’s power.

When scientists discover the center of the universe,
a lot of people will be disappointed they are not it.

in WvW

Posted by: Mirah.5613

Mirah.5613

The average WvW player…Left out in the rain

Attachments:

Ash – [RET] Guardian – FA
#poopootiem

in WvW

Posted by: Dee Jay.2460

Dee Jay.2460

I sort of agree.

This Season seems to offer little room for new developments.

At least the WvW scoring algorithm could have done with a revamp. Points-per-tick, regardless of hour, activity or participation, just isn’t fun and leads to snowballing results.

A change to the scoring system would have at least ensured a less predictable outcome.

But basically I already know what my server is capable of, and what not. It’s not hard to predict where we’ll land.

in WvW

azizul.8469

You realize that would make things worse right? When a server outnumbers you and can run a full zerg vs your 15-20 you’re just feeding them points. You either stop playing that map and they tick for more points or keep feeding them points. Either way they still win. WvW at this point cannot be saved. They needed a new scoring/matching system months after launch when it was very apparent what they had was a giant failure.

Not necessarily. Certain server with “We Don’t PPT” attitude, but with more of zergbustings would agree with me.

in WvW

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

Not necessarily. Certain server with “We Don’t PPT” attitude, but with more of zergbustings would agree with me.

If people don’t care about PPT then they can mosey on over to the EotM. It’s pretty much designed specifically for that.

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…

in WvW

azizul.8469

If people don’t care about PPT then they can mosey on over to the EotM. It’s pretty much designed specifically for that.

like i said, if they added 10 points for each enemy you kill, that would balance out PPT.

in WvW

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

like i said, if they added 10 points for each enemy you kill, that would balance out PPT.

Not at all, as has already been said, a large zerg will just farm a smaller one till the point gap is too big for anyone to care any more.

The current bloodlust stomp bonus is enough to keep smart people from diving into the meat grinder over and over. No one will start a fight they can’t guarantee win if they have to worry about feeding 600 points to the enemy in 5 minutes.

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…