Season 1 Winners

Season 1 Winners

in WvW

Posted by: Le Rooster.8715

Le Rooster.8715

With season 1 coming to a finish WvW has seen many ups and down, the fall of Henge of Denravi and Eredon terrace were a major factor and as equally as devestating the rise of Sea of Sorrows. So with the end of the season have arrived we will look at which servers remained consistantly at top and ultimately who is the victors of Season 1.

How the points will be tallied is how many medals each server has earned, earning a medal requires a placement in tier 1.

Gold medal earns ten points.
Silver earns 5 points
Bronze earns 3 points.

(Note. Season 1 began when weekly matches began and ended the week of Feb 1st.)

We will begin with Europe

In third place we have

Seafarers rest, with three gold medals, three silver and one bronze equallying 48 points.

In Second place we have

Blacktide with 4 gold medals, zero silver and three bronze equallying 49 points. (they just nudged above SFR)

In First place we ofcourse have Vizunah square which dominated the Euro scene during season one. Vizunah ended the season with 8 gold medals, 8 silver and two bronze earning a total of 126 points almost tripling second place.

Now onto the NA scene.

in third place we have:

Stormbluff Isle
with 4 gold medals, 3 silver and 6 bronze medals equalling a total of 73 points.

The difference between second and first in NA is only within fractions of points.

In second place had 99 points and 1st had 100 points.

In second place we have Jade Quarry

earning a total of 4 gold,10 silver and 3 bronze.

Now Sea of Sorrows taking the NA leaderboard with a total of 100 points recieving 9 gold medals, 2 silver medals and 0 bronze medals.

So Sea of Sorrows takes 1st place in Season 1 NA and Vizunah Square taking 1st place in Euro.

Season 1 has been a turbelent season with many ups and downs with the coming of paid transfers we shall see who ends up on top when season 2 kicks into gear.

Roosters Inc-Team Shatter [TS] Commander
Sea of Sorrows http://www.gw2sos.com/index.php

Season 1 Winners

in WvW

Posted by: Ajaxx.3157

Ajaxx.3157

Who got Vengful glad then?

Season 1 and 2.

ok

Ajaxx – Warrior – [JuG] – Desolation [eu]

http://www.twitch.tv/irajaxx

Season 1 Winners

in WvW

Posted by: Ascii.9726

Ascii.9726

“Season” imply’s there will be multiple score resets. This will be a one-off reset because of paid transfers starting.

“In war, whichever side may call itself the victor, there are no winners, but all are losers” – Neville Chamberlain

Sorry to hurt your ego SoS player.

Rank 580+ Necromancer WvW Stream
Commander Ascii :: Tempest Wolves [TW] :: Sanctum of Rall :: Best Necromancer NA

(edited by Ascii.9726)

Season 1 Winners

in WvW

Posted by: Doomdesire.9365

Doomdesire.9365

Rofl, winners in WvW. There is no such thing as winner in WvW. Only a winner in individual brackets. There’s population. Tier one doesn’t mean your’e winning. It just means you’re in a bracket where you have the same population.

It should be based on who won in their tier.

Season 1 Winners

in WvW

Posted by: Xiao.1208

Xiao.1208

I think op just won ‘most ridiculous thread ever’ in categories for both concept and execution…

Season 1 Winners

in WvW

Posted by: Cactus.2710

Cactus.2710

I think op just won ‘most ridiculous thread ever’ in categories for both concept and execution…

^This

some more characters

D/D Thief who prefers mobility to stealth … so yeah, I die a lot
Stormbluff Isle [AoD]

Season 1 Winners

in WvW

Posted by: Le Rooster.8715

Le Rooster.8715

Yes you are right there are no winners, everyone WINS =))))))

Roosters Inc-Team Shatter [TS] Commander
Sea of Sorrows http://www.gw2sos.com/index.php

Season 1 Winners

in WvW

Posted by: Dhar.6392

Dhar.6392

where is the official endorsement on this thread?

Season 1 Winners

in WvW

Posted by: Buffalo Sabres.1072

Buffalo Sabres.1072

Cheers everyone.

Season 1 Winners

in WvW

Posted by: Ynot.8397

Ynot.8397

Why don’t you big bad tier 1 servers come down to tier 8. We will show you how to fight.
But seriously, this thread is just dumb. You guys won the population battle. Congrats and all that.

Ferguson’s Crossing→ SoS→ DR→ EBay

Season 1 Winners

in WvW

Posted by: Buffalo Sabres.1072

Buffalo Sabres.1072

Why don’t you big bad tier 1 servers come down to tier 8. We will show you how to fight.
But seriously, this thread is just dumb. You guys won the population battle. Congrats and all that.

But you did , you fought new Kaineig a community full of rejects we stomped 9 weeks in a row at T1. And they crushed you as hard as possible…..you would not even be in the same league/game if you came into t1 with us brother. Cheers.

Season 1 Winners

in WvW

Posted by: Ynot.8397

Ynot.8397

But you did , you fought new Kaineig a community full of rejects we stomped 9 weeks in a row at T1. And they crushed you as hard as possible…..you would not even be in the same league/game if you came into t1 with us brother. Cheers.

I do wish sarcasm was shown better through text. I even added a note about winning the population wars and you missed that. Sorry brother, you are an idiot.

Ferguson’s Crossing→ SoS→ DR→ EBay

Season 1 Winners

in WvW

Posted by: Ascii.9726

Ascii.9726

Sorry to bust the OP’s bubble, but i took the time to add up the scores myself and they tell a very different ranking.

The ironic thing is even with your obscure way of awarding points SoS still isn’t the #1 server.

Using a typical point system (3 points for 1st, 2 points for 2nd, 1 point for 3rd per Tier 1 position at the start of the week) the actual ratings are:

Season 1 Winners (29th September – 2nd February)

(1) Jade Quarry – 40 Points
(2) Sea of Sorrows – 31 Points
(3) Stormbluff Isle – 25 Points
(4) Henge of Denravi – 8 Points
(5) Blackgate – 6 Points

Congratz Jade Quarry for being Season 1-US winners!

Attachments:

Rank 580+ Necromancer WvW Stream
Commander Ascii :: Tempest Wolves [TW] :: Sanctum of Rall :: Best Necromancer NA

(edited by Ascii.9726)

Season 1 Winners

in WvW

Posted by: Kyus.3812

Kyus.3812

Season 1 Winners – EU

2nd Place: Gunnar’s Hold – man for man the best server so far, they previously lacked the numbers but those in wvw were better man for man than the other servers we’ve played against.

1st Kodash/Riverside Join first place – It probably should be gunnar’s at the top but some early matchups with kodash and more recent fights with riverside have shown that the german servers unlike the spanish and french, are up for a good fight. they have tenacity and a willingness to keep fighting late into the evenings even if they are losing.

keep the gold medals over in america its about the fights not the coverage

Kyús – 80 – Guardian// All Classes Level 80
Hand of Blood [HoB]
EU – Aurora Glade

Season 1 Winners

in WvW

Posted by: Slamz.5376

Slamz.5376

I’m not sure that a 1st place ranking in tier 8 should count for the same number of points as a 1st place ranking in tier 1.

It would be interesting to see how score add up in a system like:

(10 – tier) * [10 | 5 | 3] for gold/silver/bronze

So gold in tier 1 = 90 points
Gold in tier 8 = 20 points

I wonder, for example, if Henge racked up enough points to be #1 despite the fall in the end.

Camelot Unchained – from the makers of DAOC
A game that’s 100% WvW
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/13861848/camelot-unchained

Season 1 Winners

in WvW

Posted by: Destroyer.1306

Destroyer.1306

All of these systems reward servers that benefit from a terrible Glicko system which failed to move servers down a tier for losing. This causes them to accrue points even while taking losses in Tier 1. Even a system that rewarded 2 points for a win, 1 point for second, and 0 for third AT ANY LEVEL, would be a better indication of how this season went.

Why would you reward Jade Quarry and SBI for getting stomped week after week in Tier One? Makes no sense.

Or, if you insist on fetishizing Tier One, at least only consider actual wins. You know, like the order here: http://mos.millenium.org/matchups#history

Stinky Garbage, Engineer. Meatbag, Guardian. Dum Dums, Elementalist.

(edited by Destroyer.1306)

Season 1 Winners

in WvW

Posted by: Slamz.5376

Slamz.5376

Why would you reward Jade Quarry and SBI for getting stomped week after week in Tier One? Makes no sense.

Because losing the super bowl is still a lot better than winning a local high school match.

Losing in tier 1 is still better than winning in tier 8.

Camelot Unchained – from the makers of DAOC
A game that’s 100% WvW
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/13861848/camelot-unchained

Season 1 Winners

in WvW

Posted by: styx.7294

styx.7294

Ha, for sure. The winners are the ones who had fun =)

I dunno if it feels special to be in tier 1 but it seems easy to do and up until last week was free too.

Gate of Madness

Season 1 Winners

in WvW

Posted by: VOLKON.1290

VOLKON.1290

Sorry to bust the OP’s bubble, but i took the time to add up the scores myself and they tell a very different ranking.

The ironic thing is even with your obscure way of awarding points SoS still isn’t the #1 server.

Using a typical point system (3 points for 1st, 2 points for 2nd, 1 point for 3rd per Tier 1 position at the start of the week) the actual ratings are:

Season 1 Winners (29th September – 2nd February)

(1) Jade Quarry – 40 Points
(2) Sea of Sorrows – 31 Points
(3) Stormbluff Isle – 25 Points
(4) Henge of Denravi – 8 Points
(5) Blackgate – 6 Points

Congratz Jade Quarry for being Season 1-US winners!

Wow… 19 weeks in T1 during that span for us on JQ. I love these guys, even when they’re not in first they’re fighting like they want to be.

#TeamJadeQuarry