Season 3 What if

Season 3 What if

in WvW

Posted by: Kvothe.1467

Kvothe.1467

What if,

put servers into groups, 3 groups, comprised of 1 server per tier. Then, do the same thing as in this season; split tiers into gold, silver, and bronze. Points go to the whole group instead of individual servers; example server in T1G1 (tier 1, group 1) gets first place, that’s 5 points, server in T2G1 gets second that’s 3 points, giving G1 a total of 8 points (note though the Gold/Silver/Bronze do not divide points, as in servers in Silver and Bronze that are in G1 also contribute to the total). This would encourage more 2v1’s but no one server will be caught of guard when it occurs and every server will eventually end up being on both ends of that situation.

I feel emotions when I think about you.

Season 3 What if

in WvW

Posted by: goldenwing.8473

goldenwing.8473

Like your concept. Would love to see a combination of tiers fighting against other combos.

I’d already suggested a 3-server combo (one from each tier) against 2 other 3-way combos as a way to help balance population issues/coverage/etcetera but the logistics for getting people into maps, and enough maps spawned a creative headache when considering details.

Would mix it up, with temporary alliances while still trying to preserve server identity (what’s left of it). Then again, that alliance concept moves it closer to red/blue/green teams.

Which is the reason why I can’t make my own posts seriously: designing in a vacuum without wiser. experienced, customer heads collaborating and a focus team challenging the concept as alpha testers on an developer-invited board…..

Hmmm, that’s how it should be. <cough>

Please note, that is not aimed at you or your post.

BG: 52 alts, 29 lvl 80’s. They all look good, so I am done with the game: Oct 2014

(edited by goldenwing.8473)

Season 3 What if

in WvW

Posted by: Sab.5291

Sab.5291

How about we use the mega servers and based on rank (assuming a server dose not tank before the season )
and combine the #1 and #6
#2 and #5
#3 and #4
this will get a chance for servers to work together. see different opponents,

Now we would have to increase the map size with the mega server but i think it would be fun. Basically taking the EOTM idea and changing it up a bit.
It also gives servers opportunity to win when under normal circumstances they would not have a chance. Fill up time zones where we would normally have shortages and have 24/7 fights.

Is it a bit too crazy or difficult to do???
Oh yes and i almost forgot…
MAKE THE DAM PRIZE THE SAME FOR THE WINNER IN EACH TIER!
avoid the mass migration to upper servers.

I am the One and Only, Sab!
“STUN”
Find me in the front of the TC zurg

(edited by Sab.5291)