Season 3

Season 3

in WvW

Posted by: Billaboong.6821

Billaboong.6821

After having season 1 and season 2 it seems like Anet will need to offer something fresh for season 3 of player will just be bored as it is right now for most player. What could be added? EU vs NA matchups? Reroll every player on random balanced servers and let’s see how they collaborate? Reduce the lenght of the season? Change the way score is calculated? (more points during hot time, and less time during night and early morning) What do you think?
EDIT: I made a poll where you can vote what you want to be changed on season 3
http://strawpoll.me/1697627

(edited by Billaboong.6821)

Season 3

in WvW

Posted by: Bombsaway.7198

Bombsaway.7198

A new map would be ideal. I remember when DAOC redid their wvw map and it really added something new.

Ideally, I’d like to see them create a new map for each zone minus the silly “knock me off the ledge” mechanics of EOTM. Sure it might be thought of as “unbalanced” but not if each server cycled thru them the same number of times in a season.

In other words, in a season, you would change maps 3×. Each week would be a different map.

The more often you change the maps, the more fun WvW will stay. So introducing a new wvw map every season or two would be ideal. Take one out, add one in and have a body of maps ready to switch in and out.

Season 3

in WvW

Posted by: bob.8632

bob.8632

They just need to adjust the PPT tick to account for population differences…It is pretty simple, therefore it won’t happen. But regardless, having another season with the same scoring metric is beyond insane. (IE: doing the same thing over and expecting different results).

Season 3

in WvW

Posted by: Teon.5168

Teon.5168

A new map would be ideal. I remember when DAOC redid their wvw map and it really added something new.

Ideally, I’d like to see them create a new map for each zone minus the silly “knock me off the ledge” mechanics of EOTM. Sure it might be thought of as “unbalanced” but not if each server cycled thru them the same number of times in a season.

In other words, in a season, you would change maps 3×. Each week would be a different map.

The more often you change the maps, the more fun WvW will stay. So introducing a new wvw map every season or two would be ideal. Take one out, add one in and have a body of maps ready to switch in and out.

I have to agree with this. I was a DaoC player for years, and when they redid the wvw map, it really freshened things up….at least until everybody got used to the new map. Changing/adding a new wvw map a couple times a year, and then recycling through them over the year would really add some good new twists to the current wvw in this game.

Forum discussions -
Mmo players with a screw loose vs mmo players with two screws loose. All very important stuff.
-Zenleto-

Season 3

in WvW

Posted by: Charak.9761

Charak.9761

Yeah, the PPT system needs to go, it’s badly designed since it only promotes night coverage and there’s no recovery after day 1.

Season 3

in WvW

Posted by: Chris.3290

Chris.3290

Please don’t turn this into another “coverage QQ” thread. How about some serious ideas that don’t disenfranchise players who live in other parts of the world.

Season 3

in WvW

Posted by: shiri.4257

shiri.4257

2 less maps for t2 and below. solves coverage issue a bit for lower tiers. less maps to cover for less populated time zones and can get into the action faster as they are consolidated on only 2 maps. the ppt system has it’s flaws but it’s better than most other options. more maps would only help t1 where they can cover all the maps.

or if it’s 4maps. put them on rotation matchup to matchup, so there’s only 2 at a time.

~Kasumei/Machiato
Desert Spectre [VII]-Crystal Desert
“You’re never out of the fight.”

Season 3

in WvW

Posted by: shogei.8015

shogei.8015

I think defending should be more rewarding. If you take a keep, or tower, or anything, you get a reward chest from the lord. If you defend, you get an event with some experience and karma. This type of system heavily promotes the karma trains with giant zergs burning down empty towers. If the rewards for defending were comparable to attacking, then you would be able to muster more people to keep your territories.

I believe the free server transfers immediately before tournament was a really bad idea. It threw all historical server performance out the window, yet still used that historical performance to determine leagues. Because of this you get some servers winning every single week and others losing every single week. Poor SoR will end this season with 9 points. I hope they don’t do anything like this next time.

I don’t think coverage is a game-breaking issue. Yes, some servers are higher population in WvW and so will be ranked higher. If they came up with some system where coverage wasn’t an advantage, then those wanting to win would come up with some other way to do so. Some servers simply take WvW more seriously. People who take WvW more seriously will flock to those servers and thus they’ll be able to field more players. There is very little that can, or should, be done about that.

Guild warrior for life!

Season 3

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

Make it short.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

Season 3

in WvW

Posted by: GSSBlunaspike.4153

GSSBlunaspike.4153

After having season 1 and season 2 it seems like Anet will need to offer something fresh for season 3 of player will just be bored as it is right now for most player. What could be added? EU vs NA matchups? Reroll every player on random balanced servers and let’s see how they collaborate? Reduce the lenght of the season? Change the way score is calculated? (more points during hot time, and less time during night and early morning) What do you think?

Unless they can fix the population issues there is nothing they can do to freshen it up. Except now even more people will stack because they are bound to tie even more rewards into the system.

Season 3

in WvW

Posted by: bob.8632

bob.8632

Like I said, adjust the ppt-tick to account for (in real-time) the population imbalances…JQ faces YB, JQ has all maps queued on reset, YB has 2-3…JQ gets handicapped on PPT, IMO that is the best way to get rid of these 100-200k blowouts.

JQ should still win on coverage alone, but at least the YB’s or whoever else would have a fighting chance.

Season 3

in WvW

Posted by: GSSBlunaspike.4153

GSSBlunaspike.4153

Like I said, adjust the ppt-tick to account for (in real-time) the population imbalances…JQ faces YB, JQ has all maps queued on reset, YB has 2-3…JQ gets handicapped on PPT, IMO that is the best way to get rid of these 100-200k blowouts.

JQ should still win on coverage alone, but at least the YB’s or whoever else would have a fighting chance.

It doesn’t give them a fighting chance, it just means they get slaughtered for nothing. The population on many servers has fallen drastically as people rushed to get onto the winning servers.

What that means is that most of the people doing wvw now face odds that are 5 to 1, sometimes 10 to 1 or more. When you have outmanned on every border land, eb, and eotm it’s just no fun anymore. Being spawn camped for days isn’t much fun. Anywya, I know Anet doesn’t give a kitten . It’s not their problem, all of this was brought up in beta and ignored then. It won’t be addressed now, and I should just follow suit and either quit the game or move to a higher server.

I just wish sunset overdrive would come out already.

Season 3

in WvW

Posted by: TheGrimm.5624

TheGrimm.5624

Variety is the spice of life. More maps, rotating maps, or even a single borderland that can be different each week would add variety and keep things new since people would have to adjust their tactics to achieve their goals. Add more choke points, add more elevation and some underground, dynamic objectives (close to random if possible). Lots of options out there. The PvP tracks were a nice addition, something similar to WvW could also be fun, would still play without it but it would add to the fun factor. But alas I ramble, good hunting!

GW/PoTBS/WAR/Rift/WAR/GW2/CU

De Mortuis Nil Nisi Bonum.

Season 3

in WvW

Posted by: Shadow.3475

Shadow.3475

New Point system, were you get more Points for taking/defending upgraded Buildings and you get Close to 0 for holding/capping Buildings that are not upgraded.

And depending on how many players there is should also give more/less points, something like T3 keep and 66% full maps (all 4 maps all 3 servers) that max out at 50point, same keep with 5% full maps it ticks 10points.

(edited by Shadow.3475)

Season 3

in WvW

Posted by: Fuzzion.2504

Fuzzion.2504

Season 3

NA gold VS EU gold VS CN gold

An Epic 8 weeks of fights, world cup style.

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]
JQ official Prime Minister

Season 3

in WvW

Posted by: ykyk.2740

ykyk.2740

Season 3

no

Season 3

in WvW

Posted by: PariahX.6970

PariahX.6970

if it has to happen then season 3 should at least be shorter with all the world transfer stuff way ahead of time. NA vs EU vs CN is never going to happen so stop asking for it silly gooses.

And new maps will take a ton of resources away from fixing the real problems. I am sorry but New Frontiers in DAoC did not really do much to quell the exodus and happened 4 years after launch not 2. Give ANET some time to do things right because them rushing around to please our short attentions spans is only making things worse right now. Think before you ask.

~Xylla~ [oG] on Ehmry Bay [PiXi]
Xyleia Luxuria / Sweet Little Agony / Morning Glory Wine / Precious Illusionz /
Near Fanstastica /Ocean at the End / Blue Eyed Hexe / Andro Queen / Indie Cindee . . .

Season 3

in WvW

Posted by: Dyno.9467

Dyno.9467

Bottom line is you cant have a league when you dont fight everybody, this Swiss crap is so boring, same servers every week.

“And now, to destroy you”

Asura – Desolation

Season 3

in WvW

Billaboong.6821

Season 3

no

Why not?

Season 3

in WvW

Billaboong.6821

Poll up, vote what you want on season 3

Season 3

in WvW

Posted by: Karizee.8076

Karizee.8076

I voted maps but it could be we just need some EotM mechanics in some of the maps. If they did add another set of maps they could rotate in and out with the current one it would be very exciting

Season 3

in WvW

Posted by: Kupper.8074

Kupper.8074

Option 1
- Have all the servers merged like EotM and you would rotate colors based on a schedule. Sure BG/JQ/TC could be teamed up for one week, but have the schedule set up where at most 2 gold league servers can be paired up on a given week. Mega server style maps, which would help with coverage and the lower populated servers.
- Leave the point system 5, 3, 1 for weekly reward. but break up the week long match into 4 hour mini matches like EotM. Each mini match would be scored 3, 2, 1 and tallied at the end of the week to determine the over all winner
-Since you will be partnered with different servers each week, your server score would be based on the score of the color.

Option 2 – Have the borderlands have different topography

Option 3 – Free transfer to the lowest ranked server so the mega wvw guilds can transfer there and rise the bottom dwellers up from the ashes.

edit – added option 3

JQ – The ‘veggie’ Knight
Berserker = Skilled http://i.imgur.com/g1rkIub.jpg
Never forget – http://i.imgur.com/Oxra9sj.jpg

(edited by Kupper.8074)

Season 3

in WvW

Billaboong.6821

Option 1

Option 3 – Free transfer to the lowest ranked server so the mega wvw guilds can transfer there and rise the bottom dwellers up from the ashes.

edit – added option 3

This is wat more or less happened on this season. Didn’t make much difference.

Season 3

in WvW

Posted by: Johje Holan.4607

Johje Holan.4607

Most of these suggestions should be done regardless of if there is a Season 3 – new maps, a solution for population/coverage imbalance, new point system, etc.

What makes the seasons different is the way the matches in the tournament are arranged. Therefore I propose Johje’s System:

- No discounted transfers before tournament.

- Tournament runs for 5 weeks.

- No Gold/Silver/Bronze leagues, all servers in a region are grouped together.

- Tournament score for first, second and third is 5-3-2.

- Each weeks matches are determined by:

• Tournament score with a restriction of two servers not being matched together if their Glicko rating differs by more than 300 points. Specifically:
  1. Slot tournament leader first
  2. Slot 2nd and 3rd “T1” servers according to tournament score following the rule of 300
  3. Slot the T2 matchup starting with the server with the highest remaining Glicko rating
  4. Slot 2nd and 3rd “T2” servers according to tournament score following the rule of 300
  5. Similarly, continue with remaining “Tier” matches

- Rewards will be the same for all who complete the individual meta achievements except:

1. Top six servers in NA; nine in EU: Shiny, sparkly Gold weapon and finisher.
  2. Next nine serves: Not as shiny, sparkly Silver weapon and finisher.
  3. Next nine servers: Even less shiny, sparkly (but still shiny and sparkly enough) Bronze weapon and finisher.

- You now have a greater variety of matches that are as balanced as possible.

Edit: Or for rewards actually I like this better:

Due to the unbalanced population and coverage in servers, substantial awards should be given by participation. Namely players get tickets based on their WvW achievements. These achievements should be lofty and tiered. Lets say create 5 tiers with 100 tickets per tier with each tier being significantly more than the previous. 500 tickets would require a great amount of WvW play. They should have a temporary vanity award for servers based on where they placed.

(edited by Johje Holan.4607)

Season 3

in WvW

Posted by: Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Make it short.

Shorter than short. Get Shorty!

Server transfers sucked yet again, but at least spying/sabotage was no longer an issue.

Rewards suck yet again, unless you joined the bandwagon. Uff Da!

I dunno, maybe 3 way EoTM with China vs EU vs NA?

My posts are facts as I know them, or my own opinion, and do not represent any guild.

Season 3

in WvW

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

Map rotations to force players to adapt new strategies. You can have 3 identical copies for the borderlands and another for EB, so even introducing 2 sets of maps will be a lot more varied.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

Season 3

in WvW

Posted by: SFShinigami.2015

SFShinigami.2015

The lesson that should be taken away from Season 1 and in particular Season 2 is that Seasons are a terrible idea and should never happen again. NA Gold had exactly 1 server looking forward to it, or at least the actual tournament aspects of it, and everyone else dreading it so much that people teamed up so that the 1 server could understand why its a bad idea too.

Jigglenaut/Numa Rar/Jakuho Raikoben/Tenel Ka Djo/Kurotsuchi Taichou [SF]/[LOVE]
All Hail CuddleStrike! Undisputed Empress of Tier 1!
Controlled by CuddleStrike!

Season 3

in WvW

Posted by: NINJAWARRIOR.2376

NINJAWARRIOR.2376

Hi all,
i see allot players leaving the real w vs w and playing EOTM, because allot more players are there and bigger blobs and faster capping, they rank/level faster there and get allot more badges and karma.

How i see it the real w vs w is some times a bit death, to keep it alive it should be
possible to cap faster and cap more, and make it more fun for also smaller guilds.

If you copy the real w vs w and make a second one and rename it like same names but than with border 2 behind it, and one seperated score line for that, and one score line that put the points together, so all points count for the real w vs w score.

I think this is possible and will be allot more fun for all guilds instead of only bigger guilds.

Of course you can make also a third copy etc if its needed later.

I hope you all like this idea and more guilds join w vs w.

I am sry if i make any typo :P

Season 3

in WvW

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

it should be hard to castle a castle yet they easy as taking AB shrines on gw1.
-small maps.
-Limited strategies
-glitches

if this isnt solved season 3 will be as equal season 2 and 1, same maps, same guilds, we might have 1 new trait or healing skill….

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

Season 3

in WvW

Posted by: Nick.7259

Nick.7259

I am worried about the future of wvw now that we have Megaservers. There are many aspects with Megaservers that are great but they work against the feeling of belonging to a special server and that community. Since the support for Guilds and servert and other communitybuilding events are rather weak the feeling of belonging to a server really only gets important in wvw.

Then add how the rewards for the www-series are given out. It’s a matter of belonging to the right server. And it’s a matter of that server performance, a lot more than personal performance. Basically Anet has created a system where individual players get better rewards if they heap up on a few servers.

The only real problem with huge crowds on certain servers where the queues – and to get rid of them we got EotM, so that even more people could clump up together.

From a Money Point that might be a good system for Anet. But server hopping and heaping together in large servers actually works against Community and the feeling of belonging somwhere.

I think it would be a lot better if we could have a structure that promote players to spread out evenly over the servers insted of clumping up (even though that would mean less gems spent on server-changes).

I would love more rewards based on how individual players perform in www instead of rewards being a large matter which server you belong to. We all know many players have changed to a winning server just to get better rewards at end of season 2.

Sure, gems for Anet – but is that really player migration that is benefitial to the game longterm?