Sensible Idea for SMC / EBG Improvement

in WvW

Posted by: Hexinx.1872

Hexinx.1872

You do realize Gw2 WvW is dying right? I’m so happy you have a population that can hold SM. Let me guess, after FA took it, did you guys take it right back and held it again?

No … we had to recover and lick our wounds, was a good play at the right time by them. So we chased down anyone who would fight on any BL… when we got tired of running and chasing. We went and took back some objectives (paper, which were empty and not at all enjoyable), took a break for about 15 minutes… by then it was about 1am for me so we went and took JQ garri to get some fights, and they put up a great fight for what they had and held out for some time. Was much better than running around trying catch up to groups. But … you do realize that my words were directed at how FA played is considered strategic in an uneven match up and I gave them props? How does that relate to the game mode dying?

I’m having trouble comprehending …

in WvW

Posted by: Aileras.9460

Aileras.9460

I wouldn’t mind seeing all the tactivators and such brought by the expansion removed from wvw entirely. But the castle is fine the way it is in my opinion.

in WvW

Posted by: MaLeVoLenT.8129

MaLeVoLenT.8129

Why is it laughable? In a 3 way matchup, it makes no sense for SMC to be something that should be maintained by one server the entire week. It should change hands far more frequently. Honestly I’m not sure how anyone could argue that T3 SMC doesn’t ruin the fights / map fluidity in EBG.

It’s being held like this in your match up due to the match-ups imbalance and NOT the mechanics surrounding SMC. JQ|FA has a lack of players compared to TC. This does not validate your reasoning for having SMC have no doors.

EBG is fluid by design. It’s intended to have blobs meeting for that keep. It’s not intended for small scale even, openfield fights and people run regardless of the structure or map. They always run behind doors and walls when they are out gunned.

~The Mad Court~ [OnS]Onslaught GM
Malevolent Omen -Guardian
Mad King Mal -Rev

in WvW

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

Reduce allowable siege amount for SMC, get rid of the buff on the lord. That’s all the changes we need.

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

in WvW

Posted by: Reh.5986

Reh.5986

TC loses SM almost every night. Even in T2 there are small gaps in coverage where JQ or FA can blob us down. Doesn’t help that people are bored and doing other things.

SM seems fine to me. 3rd floor siege is a bit annoying. Tactivators and cloaking waters have all been nerfed hard and not much issue. SM outer will almost always be open. The lag issue is more a matter of the game not being able to handle the numbers. Same lag will pop up anywhere the 3 sides meet.

That’s unfortunate too as the fighting and skirmishing that goes on when 3 sides meet in SM lord room could be absolutely epic. Waiting 5 to 20 seconds for skills to fire really ruins things though.

in WvW

Posted by: Malediktus.3740

Malediktus.3740

The only change SMC might need is to reduce the health of the lord. It takes ages to kill. Before HoT it only had like 230k health and didnt scale. It needs to go back to that.

Since the lord takes so long to kill the enemy has a long time to send all his troops to SMC and still succeed to defend it because the lord will still have 50%+ health by they arrive

One of my 30 accounts (Malediktus.9250).

in WvW

Posted by: Jana.6831

Jana.6831

Since the lord takes so long to kill the enemy has a long time to send all his troops to SMC and still succeed to defend it because the lord will still have 50%+ health by they arrive

Know what? Back in the day we’ve had the best fights ever: “Banner the Lord!!!” “Timer Garri: 0.10 SPAAAM!”

I really wish those days back. *sigh

And I don’t mind the health of the SM Lord at all and it does scale, not that accurate though, maybe it still scales to friendly blobs as well or all enemies which in a 3 way SM fight is rather bad, but in the end it doesn’t matter that much whether or not the Lord is dead, the only important thing is to keep the ring free which is not that easy.

in WvW

Posted by: Dralor.3701

Dralor.3701

Let’s be honest TC was only a T1 server when it got the mass exodus from SoR.

On topic – The keep changes in HoT have been a major turnoff. All for defenders having an advantage but HoT went too far.

in WvW

Posted by: Pumpkin.5169

Pumpkin.5169

+1/2.
SMC always paper would be great. But maybe removing doors would be too much. But I would like too see how it would work.
Without doors there would be people inside SMC all the time. While blobs are around it would be pretty much the same. But when there’s no blobs, roamers would be all around the place. Small fights in SMC are amazing. Could be super fun. But also a risky change. I’m not sure about it but I would love to test.

Pumpkin – Mag

in WvW

Posted by: Reh.5986

Reh.5986

Let’s be honest TC was only a T1 server when it got the mass exodus from SoR.

On topic – The keep changes in HoT have been a major turnoff. All for defenders having an advantage but HoT went too far.

Even now more of a T1.5 server. Couldn’t keep with mag/BG numbers or coverage from what I saw. Some good fights though so many don’t mind getting killed in score.

in WvW

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

Know what? Back in the day we’ve had the best fights ever: “Banner the Lord!!!” “Timer Garri: 0.10 SPAAAM!”

Right?!?! The hours long Lord room fights we used to have were glorious. There’s nothing wrong with SMC as it is. Cracking it is not a problem either. You just have to man up, hit it, and don’t run from siege like a light weight.

btw, JQ owns SMC right now.
Sorry TC

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

in WvW

Posted by: Malediktus.3740

Malediktus.3740

And I don’t mind the health of the SM Lord at all and it does scale, not that accurate though, maybe it still scales to friendly blobs as well or all enemies which in a 3 way SM fight is rather bad, but in the end it doesn’t matter that much whether or not the Lord is dead, the only important thing is to keep the ring free which is not that easy.

Yes you cannot sneakingly flip SMC anymore if lord takes 2 minutes to kill while making huge orange cross everyone can see on the map.

One of my 30 accounts (Malediktus.9250).

in WvW

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

SMC is made to be the center point of eb if you hold it you can effectively take any thing else. That the point of it like a chest bored holding the center and seeing that center as the high ground. Its sounds like you just want a flat map with nothing on it all be it ok for fights there will be nothing to fight for.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

in WvW

Posted by: jamesdolla.3954

jamesdolla.3954

Mal is on the money about this one. A balanced match up has smc paper most of the times and t2 looks like it will never be balanced. YB in T2 will be even worse since YB are super try hard PPT/siege humpers

Native Maguuman

in WvW

Posted by: MaLeVoLenT.8129

MaLeVoLenT.8129

btw, JQ owns SMC right now.
Sorry TC

Savage!

~The Mad Court~ [OnS]Onslaught GM
Malevolent Omen -Guardian
Mad King Mal -Rev

in WvW

Posted by: Xenesis.6389

Xenesis.6389

SMC really shouldn’t be one of those structures to sneak cap with a group of 5, which you can do for everything else, nor do I think a zerg should be able to plow through it with little resistance or response. It’s a castle, the central area of EBG which usually is busy with fights for most servers, it also offers the most points for a structure, it should take some effort to capture. If you want to sneak cap something big go get a garri through watergate or hills/bay double cata wall or something.

I could agree to maybe removing a level of upgrades, no reinforced walls, remove mortars, remove activated tactics, but leave cannons and the lords scaling power.

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“Game over man, Game Over!” – RIP Bill

in WvW

Posted by: joneirikb.7506

joneirikb.7506

Agree with Hexinx.1872 and Jana.6831 on this one.

If you want to reduce lag, then reduce the map caps again. (That and get ANet to reduce all the silly glittering animations or let us turn them off, I’m sick of watching puking unicorns when 5 people attack at the same spot).

If you remove doors, upgrades, heck lords ? then people would stop going to SMC. And well it might fix lag, since people might go fight elsewhere, but you’re kind of ruining the purpose of the map. Siege is a part of the game, doors is a part of the game (Well used to be, lately I only see people using catas on walls instead of doors).

So by Stopping Upgrading, Remov Doors, and Disable Siege, Always Paper. Hey, that actually does sound like EotM! I’m not really against some of those in limited dozes, but it sure would kitten off a lot of players, I’d dare say “most”. What you’re describing though, sounds just like an EotM Keep, fixed level with no upgrade available, people doesn’t bother siegeing it, and often doesn’t bother even using rams when you can just map blob AA the doors. People leave it and just re-cap it, because it is easier and faster than trying to defend it (not to mention more rewarding in terms of loot). Lacking only one thing you’re talking about, actual fights.

Might be more interesting to look at Tactivators, how much Siege you can put down in one area (does this even work?), map limit. But frankly if you want fights I don’t think there is anything you can do, since most players seemingly is afraid to hut their pretty precious pixels, and would rather flee from any fight rather than risk the possibility of death.

Other fun options though, is to stop objectives from repairing itself on capture. I imagine SMC might look like a swizz cheese entire weekend afterwards. And honestly I don’t think that “ninja smc” is really worth much, I’ve taken SMC severl times with 5 people back in tier 6-8, and it really isn’t anything special unless someone comes and defend it, the ninjaing tends to be very boring. For everyone.

Also very much like PariahX.6970 suggestion! +1

Elrik Noj (Norn Guardian, Kaineng [SIN][Owls])
“Understanding is a three edged sword: your side, their side, and the truth.”
“The objective is to win. The goal is to have fun.”