Sentry turrets and WvW

Sentry turrets and WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Sorel.4870

Sorel.4870

Reading an other thread, I just learnt about the existence of the Sentry Turret. It’s only available in EotM at the moment. Now I know that for a lot of good reasons, WvW players are reluctant to add anything resembling EotM in WvW, but don’t you think the concept of this turret is interesting? What if it existed in WvW? Or what if the sentries NPC had the same effect? It would add some interesting alternatives to just sit in a tower for hours watching a movie. We could also imagine that the turrets could be deactivated from stealth, if the stealthed enemy was not yet detected, to add counter play. What do you think?

Sentry turrets and WvW

in WvW

Posted by: One Prarie Outpost.4860

One Prarie Outpost.4860

50+ man zergs are not enough so lets add 50 turrets to the mix… THAT will make it fun for sure.

Sorry, I have to say no thank you.

Sentry turrets and WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Gobble D Goop.4081

Gobble D Goop.4081

sentry turrents cant attack.

Habitual Warrior-Ranger
Gates Of Madness
Jewelcrafting to 500!

Sentry turrets and WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Sorel.4870

Sorel.4870

50+ man zergs are not enough so lets add 50 turrets to the mix… THAT will make it fun for sure.

Sorry, I have to say no thank you.

They don’t attack. They put little markers on the enemies so you can see them on the map.

Sentry turrets and WvW

in WvW

Posted by: zerorogue.9410

zerorogue.9410

As they said when they released EotM, the map is supposed to be a testing ground for ideas for WvW. So everything in EotM stands a chance to get into regular WvW.

I just hope they don’t require a point to be captured to use them, I bought 25 sentry turrets before I knew that >.>

Sentry turrets and WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Sviel.7493

Sviel.7493

I think the problem is less detecting the zerg and more doing something about it. It would make life suck for roamers, though, while cementing thieves as even higher tier roamers than they already are.