Runty Choir.4893

Yea 2h earlier is a grand idea!

Alpha
Victrixx [xVx]

Seperate reset times for NA and EU

in WvW

Posted by: Victim.3016

Victim.3016

The reset time is horrible for EU for many reasons. First it’s 1 am, but that’s sorta ok because it’s Saturday night and you can still go out and come home early drunk and have a laugh with your guild. But the worst part is the early morning squads that eventually win the match up, look at T1 EU. You have a kitten load of SFR guilds who actually GET UP EARLY to out cap the VZ guys who GET UP EARLY and leave all us hung over Deso guys out to dry, fact is we win prime time, maybe because we are just that pro (Even while being obviously double teamed atm by most of the top guilds from both) or they are too tired to play after being up from 5 am lol.
I’m sure you could either do away with the silly EU/US divide or make EU reset earlier IF you really wanted too :p

in WvW

Posted by: naphack.9346

naphack.9346

The reset time is horrible for EU for many reasons. First it’s 1 am, but that’s sorta ok because it’s Saturday night and you can still go out and come home early drunk and have a laugh with your guild. But the worst part is the early morning squads that eventually win the match up, look at T1 EU. You have a kitten load of SFR guilds who actually GET UP EARLY to out cap the VZ guys who GET UP EARLY and leave all us hung over Deso guys out to dry, fact is we win prime time, maybe because we are just that pro (Even while being obviously double teamed atm by most of the top guilds from both) or they are too tired to play after being up from 5 am lol.
I’m sure you could either do away with the silly EU/US divide or make EU reset earlier IF you really wanted too :p

Sure, they don’t simply have more russians?

The only crime, turrets committed, is being good against the celestial meta.
The mob has spoken and the turrets shall be burnt at the stake.

in WvW

Posted by: Arathor.7419

Arathor.7419

2 hours earlier would be nice

A wolf among sheep

in WvW

Posted by: Darkened.4076

Darkened.4076

If you cannot create separate reset times for the different server groups, then you should compromise and reset it earlier for both sides. Currently what you are doing is alienating one half of your player base, which is totally unfair to these people. I wouldn’t have thought that this is in any companies interest to do?

For alot of my players it is impossible for them to stay up because they are already GMT+1/2 already (and that was before daylight savings). 11 or even 12 GMT again would be doable for alot more people, and I don’t think would hamper NA that much.

Béatrix Windrunner | Squad Leader
Desolation BlackGate Gandara | Veteran Commander
Inner Sanctum [Coin]

in WvW

Posted by: Vincavec.8350

Vincavec.8350

I talked to our server guys and we just don’t have the ability to reset these at different times. As much as that is an unsatisfying answer for you in the EU, it is reality.

It’s lovely you at least responded. But what kind of ability are we talking about ? hmm…. it simply makes one wonder why… since the servers are located differently across two continents….

in WvW

Posted by: Axle.5182

Axle.5182

Reset is crucial to many servers but in the EU it falls at the most inconvenient time where only the most dedicated of guilds can take part in any real capacity.

Many guilds have to compete in a smaller capacity due to members who cannot commit to such unsociable hours and or work saturdays etc, but also due to time differences in the EU some region players may be worse off than others.

Axle
[AFTL] Afterlife Sanctum of Rall
http://www.afterlife-gaming.eu

in WvW

Posted by: Axle.5182

Axle.5182

I talked to our server guys and we just don’t have the ability to reset these at different times. As much as that is an unsatisfying answer for you in the EU, it is reality.

It’s lovely you at least responded. But what kind of ability are we talking about ? hmm…. it simply makes one wonder why… since the servers are located differently across two continents….

I think the real answer is paying a separate team out of normal NA business hours to remotely reset EU from NA is out of the question.

And if this isn’t the answer it cannot be far off it, any game iv played that had both NA and EU servers with separate patch times and reset capability had an EU dedicated server maintenance team whereas Anet do not have a European branch.

Axle
[AFTL] Afterlife Sanctum of Rall
http://www.afterlife-gaming.eu

(edited by Axle.5182)

in WvW

Posted by: Cactus.2710

Cactus.2710

You do know that GW2 runs on totally different servers for EU and NA, right?? The two server groups don’t talk to each other at all … ANet has said they are totally independent.

So, they are totally independent, but yet it is still impossible to reset them at different times? Seems legit.

I was simply answering the guy who said they were linked. Get a clue and read my other posts. I’m one of those who doesn’t understand at all why ANet cannot reset EU independently of NA.

D/D Thief who prefers mobility to stealth … so yeah, I die a lot
Stormbluff Isle [AoD]

(edited by Cactus.2710)

in WvW

Posted by: Bluesavanah.8562

Bluesavanah.8562

You might not have the ability to reset them at different times but you could move them so they are more EU friendly, would it be too much for the USA to have their reset at say 3pm in the afternoon ?

Commander, Malicious Mischief [MM] ,Gandara
[MM] recruiting currently

in WvW

Posted by: Catisa.6507

Catisa.6507

Its weird that a company like Anet has this way of ignoring there are other timezones besides NA. Having to stay up untill 2:15-2:30AM for a WvW reset is a complete joke imo.

The jokes on you for choosing to stay up that late to play a game

Because we have no choice? Pretty stupid remark really.

You have no choice about a game? Really? Someone holds a gun to your head and forces you to play? Its not a job. It doesn’t pay the bills. It doesn’t put a roof over your head or food on the table. Grow up and learn a game isn’t that important in life.

AR

in WvW

Arathor.7419

Its weird that a company like Anet has this way of ignoring there are other timezones besides NA. Having to stay up untill 2:15-2:30AM for a WvW reset is a complete joke imo.

The jokes on you for choosing to stay up that late to play a game

Because we have no choice? Pretty stupid remark really.

You have no choice about a game? Really? Someone holds a gun to your head and forces you to play? Its not a job. It doesn’t pay the bills. It doesn’t put a roof over your head or food on the table. Grow up and learn a game isn’t that important in life.

comments like this dont even belong here if you ask me , were asking about a seperate eu timezone not for to stay up late for it or anything related to it.

A wolf among sheep

in WvW

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

the first hours after reset are very important for any serious wvw server. So I support changing reset times.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

in WvW

Posted by: sasko.3095

sasko.3095

If you can’t make separete times for EU and NA servers , then change time so that both sides are satisfied. After the time change our reset moved 1 hour forward, atleast change it to previous time reset.

in WvW

Arathor.7419

i would love a solution for this.

A wolf among sheep

in WvW

Posted by: EnemyCrusher.7324

EnemyCrusher.7324

I find it amusing that the reset time is set by UTC, which is a European time zone, yet the European players are the ones complaining that it should be changed for them and left on UTC for American players.

As an American player I can tell you that the reset during primetime is terrible; the queues to get in to WvW are often about an hour long right after reset. You’re probably better off now with it at midnight.

Light of Honor [Lite] – Founder / Warmaster
Sorrow’s Furnace Commander
“You’re the mount, karka’s ride you instead, and thus they die happy!”-Colin Johanson

in WvW

Posted by: Genev.2450

Genev.2450

For the majority of Europe it’s at 2 am – not midnight
Midnight would probably be fine(ish)

in WvW

Posted by: Adaneshade.2409

Adaneshade.2409

You do know that GW2 runs on totally different servers for EU and NA, right?? The two server groups don’t talk to each other at all … ANet has said they are totally independent.

So, they are totally independent, but yet it is still impossible to reset them at different times? Seems legit.

If they are so independent, why can you transfer or guest from one to the other?

~Shadowkat

in WvW

Posted by: DevonCarver.5370

Previous

DevonCarver.5370

WvW Coordinator

Next

Stay tuned…

in WvW

Posted by: Omaris Mortuus Est.2738

Omaris Mortuus Est.2738

Stay tuned…

Sounds creepy to me.

Macros, you can use them as long as they arent macros.
Remember to buy the officially endorsed GW2 Steel Series Keyboard, it supports macros!
WvW, we only care if it affects the servers we play on.

in WvW

Posted by: Iruwen.3164

Iruwen.3164

If they are so independent, why can you transfer or guest from one to the other?

You can’t guest on servers in a different region… because the character data doesn’t exist in the other data center. It’s relocated completely on transfer.

Iruwen Evillan, Human Mesmer on Drakkar Lake

in WvW

Posted by: Iruwen.3164

Iruwen.3164

I find it amusing that the reset time is set by UTC, which is a European time zone

That doesn’t make any sense at all.

/e: cut off a bit too much of the original post which makes it sound a little less ridiculous.

Iruwen Evillan, Human Mesmer on Drakkar Lake

(edited by Iruwen.3164)

in WvW

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

On the other hand with people from all over the world playing it is going to be a bad time for someone no matter what you change the reset time to.

Long queue time during primetime? Of course there will be longer queue times, it’s called primetime for a reason. The solution to long queue times would be higher server capacity(and maybe shorter idle time) but that is not so easy.

Does making a mad dash to grab objectives right after reset provide some sort of advantage(might depend on tier, doesn’t seem to make any different for tier 1)? If so then that is a design problem not a ‘when is the reset problem’.

Oh and the daily, monthly and guild mission resets should move too. More so for daily than the others but having them out of sync would be ‘a bit inconvenient’.

(edited by Khisanth.2948)

in WvW

Cactus.2710

When anyone transfers (they can’t guest) to a server in a different region, their account information transfers to the other set of servers. How on earth can anybody find that difficult to comprehend? Hopefully you aren’t allowed to vote.

Stormbluff Isle [AoD]

(edited by Cactus.2710)

in WvW

Cactus.2710

I find it amusing that the reset time is set by UTC, which is a European time zone, yet the European players are the ones complaining that it should be changed for them and left on UTC for American players.

Ignorance is even more amusing.

UTC is NOT a European time zone. UTC stands for Coordinated Universal Time (compromise abbreviation between French and English versions) and it is a purely arbitrary construct to give the world a common reference point for time. If you are able to read and comprehend the following link you will note that UTC is especially prevalent for internet applications.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coordinated_Universal_Time

Stormbluff Isle [AoD]

in WvW

Posted by: Ralathar.7236

Ralathar.7236

In fairness the fact that WvW reset is important for WvW players is entirely the result of the WvW players themselves. For instance: I need to stay up late to be competitive because the enemy will stay up late to be competitive.

It’s a player based issue honestly. The exact same issue is equally prevalent in the night zergs some servers have that their tier mates do not.

While it would be nice if Anet could do something to help mitigate players exploiting the play times of other players, I don’t think it’s Anet’s fault that people are doing so.

Rashanala – 80 Elementalist
Ehmry Bay – Legion of the Iron Hawk [Hawk]

in WvW

Posted by: Thrash.3684

Thrash.3684

I have to get up at 10am on a saturday and I usually get up at midday of weekdays…

Sanctum of Rall

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Rager.8543

Lord Rager.8543

2 to 4 hours earlier would be at times i think most would be happy with. Then the dailies would have to reset then too or will that remain unchanged

Commander The Tallest Rager
Darkhaven Asuran Guardian
S O T D Warband [SotD]

in WvW

Posted by: Palio de Monte.1807

Palio de Monte.1807

Okay, let’s imagine UTC were an european and take your argument seriously. So American Players would have no reason to complain, when the reset would be set by PST, let’s say 2am PST? Fine!

Gliima – Asura Engineer
Anarchistic Gaming [AnaG] / Die Randoms [Rndm]
Abaddon’s Mouth

in WvW

Posted by: Cosmos The Cat.2954

Cosmos The Cat.2954

I’d like to see 17 tiers rather than 8 and 9.. Latency doesn’t really seem to be an issue for those across the world on our server.. point is.. it would probably give even more balanced matches.

TC Thief
[DIS][STAR]

in WvW

Posted by: gabal.4520

gabal.4520

Stay tuned…

Can we dare to hope Anet will finally listen?

Infidelija, boatswain of Bloody Pirates [YARR], lvl 80 elementalist
hobby: busting Trebuchettes
Gandara server

in WvW

Arathor.7419

finally maybe something happens out it ^^

A wolf among sheep

in WvW

Posted by: craidt.9436

craidt.9436

So I am still tuned in, any updates?

in WvW

Posted by: Palio de Monte.1807

Palio de Monte.1807

Community Manager Ramon Domke just confirmed in the German forums, that the reset time will be two hours earlier, starting with this week.

https://forum-de.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/wuvwuv/nderung-der-Reset-Zeit-f-r-das-WvW/first#post253552

Gliima – Asura Engineer
Anarchistic Gaming [AnaG] / Die Randoms [Rndm]
Abaddon’s Mouth

in WvW

Posted by: Johje Holan.4607

Johje Holan.4607

So they did seperate the times? There’s no announcment about NA times that I see.

in WvW

Posted by: OutspokenAardvark.9781

OutspokenAardvark.9781

Anyone in NA who works now will miss the reset.

Rhyme – Commander
[DIS] Dissentient – http://dissentient.org
[TC] Tarnished Coast

in WvW

Posted by: Nabrok.9023

Nabrok.9023

I’m hoping there was a conversation like this …

WvW Dept: “Hey server guys! Can we do EU and NA resets at different times?”
Server Dept: “Nope. Sorry.”
Boss: “Hi server guys, this is important, can you figure out a way to make it happen?”
Server Dept: “Sure.”

If not, we’ve just lost most of our west coast and a good chunk of our east coast at reset.

EDIT: And now I am sad.

“I’m not a PvE, WvW, or PvP player – I am a Guild Wars 2 player”
Tarnished Coast – Dissentient [DIS]
All classes

(edited by Nabrok.9023)

in WvW

Posted by: Aeonblade.8709

Aeonblade.8709

Well I guess since the EU servers have been getting screwed for a while on reset times, it was bound to be NA’s time to get screwed on it.

Anarai Aeonblade [GASM] – Guardian – DB
RIP my fair Engi and Ranger, you will be missed.

in WvW

Posted by: xTiMeBoMBx.2863

xTiMeBoMBx.2863

Nothing is impossible in a technological world!

in WvW

Posted by: Zen.8497

Zen.8497

Well I guess since the EU servers have been getting screwed for a while on reset times, it was bound to be NA’s time to get screwed on it.

There, that logic escapes me, so half of the base players were screwed and upset so now lets screw and upset the other half. How about coming up with a solution that actually benefits everyone? Ask for your players opinion, feedback and suggestions before making decisions that affects them.

Grand Emperor Of Common Sense

in WvW

Posted by: Hexin.5603

Hexin.5603

Maybe they want to ensure they have access to the support team (or bulk of) in case any emergencies occur from the updates/resets.

Willing to pay for boxed expansion if you put legit GvG in the box $$

in WvW

Posted by: ShadowX.4639

ShadowX.4639

I think the time for reset should stay the same as it always has since it can’t be separated EU and NA times, we already have quite a few people in our guild that can’t make it as it is because they are just getting home and what not. This will tip that scale even farther.

I love seeing all the 2am reset vs the 3pm Friday reset arguments. If situations were reversed the 2am reset happening to NA you’d be up in arms when you couldn’t come at all because you were still at work VS just having to take a bit of a nap or stay up late on a Saturday. I’m up till around 4am or so anyhow on reset nights (NA here) really it would be just fine with me to have it early on a Saturday morning vs at a time when I was at work and not able to attend at all.

We’re talking the difference between inconvenience and plain out impossible to even be here at a certain time.

in WvW

Posted by: Thrumdi.9216

Thrumdi.9216

There, that logic escapes me, so half of the base players were screwed and upset so now lets screw and upset the other half. How about coming up with a solution that actually benefits everyone? Ask for your players opinion, feedback and suggestions before making decisions that affects them.

Also, on the NA servers, a culture has developed around reset night that goes back 7 months. On my server at least (Tarnished Coast) the reset night push is what really brings all the WvW guilds together and creates intra-guild relationships.

Why Anet would want to destroy that, is beyond me. Study after study shows that it is social ties that keep people playing MMO’s. Destroying reset night on the NA servers will give people just one more reason to jump to another game, if one comes along.

No doubt guilds will continue working with each other, but I can’t see how it can be as good as what we had before.

Thrumdi, Captain of The Tarnished Coastguard

The ultimate GW2 troll.

in WvW

Posted by: ThaOwner.7560

ThaOwner.7560

this is complete bullkitten, guess i just don’t get to participate in any more resets, because anet just decides instead of compromising having 2 separate resets they just throw the EU problems on the NA, seems fair i guess…

Tybstra| Everything Purple [EP] | Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: Runty Choir.4893

Runty Choir.4893

Stop being so selfish dude, how would you like to deal with a 2am reset like some of EU? NA will adjust to the times and we will actually be able to attend resets lol.

This way is fair no 2 ways about it.

Alpha
Victrixx [xVx]

in WvW

Posted by: LetoII.3782

LetoII.3782

So, noone makes mention of our Asian friends?
Who have no server cluster of their own.
Who know reset happens, but are starting their days work when it happens.
It’s not really much better here in the states. I’m married to a British woman, I know this is a fad in Europe, the belief that corporations care more about us here. But the continental US covers 4 time zones. Even here, California is still at work when reset happens. Not much better at all when you think about it.

But such are the realities of the globe! I do hope Anet accommodates you.. And I also hope some of you fine guilds choose to transfer to Sanctum of Rall. Yes, blatant

P.S. No, actually McDonalds in the US isn’t better or faster either. Best service I ever had was in Staffordshire, England. The commercials and TV shows are all lies.

in WvW

Posted by: MrChandMan.8253

MrChandMan.8253

I would choose a 2am reset over the 6am reset on a Saturday morning all the ppl playing in Asia have to deal with now >.<

Moving reset up 2 hours was a bad bad bad idea.

Everyone on the west coast of North America, and everywhere west of there basically got kittened by this

Tarnished Coast Militia/[CERN]

in WvW

Posted by: Saint Scarlet.2906

Saint Scarlet.2906

But the continental US covers 4 time zones. Even here, California is still at work when reset happens. Not much better at all when you think about it..

You are aware that Europe covers 5 timezones(technically 16 if you wish to be very precise about it), so CET is the middle timezone there. UTC/GMT was used because it’s the standard time for things to reset generally, with a global game this makes things a bit awkward for everyone not in the “primetime” so they came up with a solution that makes it more even for all til they can sort out the problem in full.

Commander Oracle Of Glint
Executed [EXE]
Piken Square

(edited by Saint Scarlet.2906)

in WvW

Posted by: Runty Choir.4893

Runty Choir.4893

How many Asians actually bother to wake up for 8am to play reset anyway? So 6am will hardly make a difference,
EU massively outnumber the Asian players you are using as an excuse, We have 27 Servers and as far as i know they are scattered accross NA and have Dragonbrand is the unspoken Asian server. So more people will be kept happy if the adjust this.

Alpha
Victrixx [xVx]

in WvW

Posted by: LetoII.3782

LetoII.3782

It’s 6am Friday for the Asians, not saturday. And they contribute massively to the top NA tiers. Dragonbrand may be the pve server. But any server without a 24/7 presence in wvw is doomed to the lower tiers.

(edited by LetoII.3782)