Runty Choir.4893

Does the day really matter?

Alpha
Victrixx [xVx]

Seperate reset times for NA and EU

in WvW

Posted by: Saint Scarlet.2906

Saint Scarlet.2906

It’s 6am Friday for the Asians, not saturday.

I think you’ll find it is actually saturday, the international date line is in the middle of the pacific. Anything on the US side is a day behind anything on the west.

Commander Oracle Of Glint
Executed [EXE]
Piken Square

in WvW

Posted by: Lalnuir.4957

Lalnuir.4957

It’s 6am Friday for the Asians, not saturday. And they contribute massively to the top NA tiers. Dragonbrand may be the pve server. But any server without a 24/7 presence in wvw is doomed to the lower tiers.

Reset is Saturday morning for SEA, Australia and New Zealand.

in WvW

Posted by: LetoII.3782

LetoII.3782

Yes, I stand corrected. My apologies.
But it is still beside the point. The East is the one really getting the shaft here. Can we agree on that?

in WvW

Posted by: Jacklo.4230

Jacklo.4230

The deck needs a shuffle anyways.
The top tiers only stay there because they’re the top tiers.
It’s about time the kitten hit the fan.

in WvW

Posted by: Katzyn.9703

Katzyn.9703

Does the day really matter?

It kind of would, yes…since most people work Fridays.

I think the change kind of sucks…Too bad we can’t have two different reset times.

Katzy (80 Sylvari Ranger), Katarzynea (80 Norn Elementalist),
Katalii (40ish Asuran Mesmer), Katalyn Galadheon (15ish Human Warrior)

in WvW

Posted by: Terra Dactyl.2047

Terra Dactyl.2047

I find it amusing that the reset time is set by UTC, which is a European time zone, yet the European players are the ones complaining that it should be changed for them and left on UTC for American players.

As an American player I can tell you that the reset during primetime is terrible; the queues to get in to WvW are often about an hour long right after reset. You’re probably better off now with it at midnight.

And now the opportunity to get in before the queues form (AT reset) is gone because the EU players on NA servers will be filling all the spots before we get home from work. So much for finding a time both sides would be satisfied with.

They should move it to Saturday if anything. Saturday in the middle of the afternoon would at least be better than Friday in the middle of the afternoon. :/

in WvW

Posted by: LetoII.3782

LetoII.3782

Personally, I think several matches a day would be a cheap and novel solution. 3 8hour matches with say, weekly wins overall determining tier rank

in WvW

Posted by: Nymph of Meliai.6739

Nymph of Meliai.6739

Also, on the NA servers, a culture has developed around reset night that goes back 7 months. On my server at least (Tarnished Coast) the reset night push is what really brings all the WvW guilds together and creates intra-guild relationships.

Why Anet would want to destroy that, is beyond me. Study after study shows that it is social ties that keep people playing MMO’s. Destroying reset night on the NA servers will give people just one more reason to jump to another game, if one comes along.

No doubt guilds will continue working with each other, but I can’t see how it can be as good as what we had before.

That’s ok… don’t worry, we will ask Anet to change the NA time to 2am instead… that way you can continue to all play together out of work hours.

Oh wait? you are not happy with that suggestion? duh… we have been like that on EU servers since summer time kicked in… and 1am CET prior to that.

I am sure a little inconvenience of 2 hours earlier is not going to hurt you that much.

Nymeria Meliae | SoS
Acid Bath Babies Go Plop Plop [FizZ]

in WvW

Posted by: GSTim.8094

GSTim.8094

Actually I still can’t understand what’s the problem making separate reset times.
I don’t know the code but let me guess. What could depend on time:
- boosts and nourishment timers
- event (PVE and WvWvW) timers
- WvWvW reset timer
- chat and map timestamp
Atm I don’t see the problem in ingame mech. Every value is server-based. Nothing global what all the servers depend on.
Now DB. If it’s solid and global I would laugh at ur developers. But I don’t think it is. Account DB (with login, pass, email, gem count, etc) could be global and used only on login-logout actions. I guess every ingame server has its own server cluster (I don’t think one machine can server all maps actions) and every server cluster has its own game DB with all timers values, accounts ids, etc. Still don’t see the problem.
So… What’s the problem making separate reset time? Some ppl assume that some kind of engineer’s doing it. Why couldn’t it be automated? Every software process can.

in WvW

Posted by: Fuzzion.2504

Fuzzion.2504

Actually I still can’t understand what’s the problem making separate reset times.

You still need the technicians to monitor the reset , during and after. It is not cheap and is executed by both soft and hardware. However, since they are clouded, it wont be over the top to separate the times by some minor margin,i.e. 2 hrs.

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]
JQ official Prime Minister

in WvW

Posted by: Manoa.5897

Manoa.5897

Sooo…this means that reset for the continental US will be 3pm-6pm. I just can’t wait for Daylight Saving to end so that’ll get pushed even further to 2pm-5pm!

Poor move ArenaNet.

Chaos Spatulai [Chef] | Paragon City Elite [PCE]
Henge of Denravi

in WvW

Posted by: iCryptik.1496

iCryptik.1496

All I have to say is thank you Devon Carver and the whoever else thought it would be a good idea to screw over the NA reset. Thank you so much for picking the middle of the day.

Attachments:

Alshazzär
Tarnished Coast [TC]

in WvW

Posted by: Isaac.6041

Isaac.6041

This is what happens when ArenaNet cherry picks which parts of the community to listen to.

Some of the European players complained a lot a few weeks ago and most of the North Americans ignored the complaints because they thought ArenaNet wouldn’t make the change. ArenaNet’s initial response suggested that they were NOT going to change the reset time.

Now ArenaNet is changing their mind all over again. But I’m guessing underneath all this is a BUSINESS decision and not a decision made directly to appease the Euro community.

Honestly, this is one of the worst changes ever. People are already used to the current reset time and you’re basically messing up a lot of schedules that people have already grown used to.

Sure whatever. I don’t care. I can live with any reset time. But of course now many people are angry. (What do you expect.)

When ArenaNet announced the ratings reset, people got angry and they cancelled the reset. Keep complaining and maybe they’ll back off this idea too.

But my guess is they are trying to capture more of the European gem buying market with this change. An earlier reset time might cause a lot more Euro guilds to buy gems and convert them to gold for WvW purchases.

in WvW

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

Uhh, the time for the NA daily reset hasn’t changed at all. You guys REALLY need to pay attention on when the dailies actually reset…

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

in WvW

Posted by: IcerXx.3670

IcerXx.3670

Uhh, the time for the NA daily reset hasn’t changed at all. You guys REALLY need to pay attention on when the dailies actually reset…

WvW doesn’t reset daily………

Stromgarde-[STRM]
Icer Xx
Maguuma

in WvW

RyuDragnier.9476

Sorry, I derped. Herpaderped, to be exact. Was thinking daily reset instead of the WvW reset. But again, I’m fairly certain everything will reset at the same time as normal in NA, as otherwise it would be a really boneheaded and stupid move.

[hS]

in WvW

Isaac.6041

Sorry, I derped. Herpaderped, to be exact. Was thinking daily reset instead of the WvW reset. But again, I’m fairly certain everything will reset at the same time as normal in NA, as otherwise it would be a really boneheaded and stupid move.

That’s because you didn’t see the other thread that got locked by a moderator.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/wuvwuv/Changing-WvW-Match-Reset-Times/first

They don’t seem to like it when people start complaining.

in WvW

Posted by: Tobias Steele.2071

Tobias Steele.2071

I find it amusing that the reset time is set by UTC, which is a European time zone, yet the European players are the ones complaining that it should be changed for them and left on UTC for American players.

As an American player I can tell you that the reset during primetime is terrible; the queues to get in to WvW are often about an hour long right after reset. You’re probably better off now with it at midnight.

And now the opportunity to get in before the queues form (AT reset) is gone because the EU players on NA servers will be filling all the spots before we get home from work. So much for finding a time both sides would be satisfied with.

They should move it to Saturday if anything. Saturday in the middle of the afternoon would at least be better than Friday in the middle of the afternoon. :/

Because there are oh so many euro wvw players on the na servers…

So much bullkitten on this thread. Guess some people really don’t like to be reminded that there is a world outside continental USA. You can’t please everyone but this solution is at least fair for the majority. I will have to get up at 6:00 am for reset, but that’s a hell of a lot better than staying up till 2:00 am…

Fair is fair. Build a bridge and get over it.

Entropy, Class lead Necromancer.
Tarnished Coast.

in WvW

RyuDragnier.9476

After having read that thread in its entirety, I can say that’s a REALLY bad decision. It now makes it difficult for me to even get on at reset. 5PM on Fridays I’m usually either cooking or meeting up my parents somewhere to eat. And they really aren’t joking when they mention the horrendous queues for WvW on the NA servers. I’ve actually had to wait 4 hours for one before. That’s not fun at all, and it will adversely effect WvW’s starting night horribly. If I were them I’d have waited until they were able to split both times and then have done it…because right now if they backpedal they’re going to kitten off the EU playerbase, and if they don’t they’re going to kitten off the NA playerbase. Either way it’s a PR nightmare.

[hS]

in WvW

Isaac.6041

After having read that thread in its entirety, I can say that’s a REALLY bad decision. It now makes it difficult for me to even get on at reset. 5PM on Fridays I’m usually either cooking or meeting up my parents somewhere to eat. And they really aren’t joking when they mention the horrendous queues for WvW on the NA servers. I’ve actually had to wait 4 hours for one before. That’s not fun at all, and it will adversely effect WvW’s starting night horribly. If I were them I’d have waited until they were able to split both times and then have done it…because right now if they backpedal they’re going to kitten off the EU playerbase, and if they don’t they’re going to kitten off the NA playerbase. Either way it’s a PR nightmare.

Well since the other thread got locked, no one’s going to know about the new reset time anyway except the comparatively few players that keep track of this thread and the forums.

I think it’s going to come as a surprise to many players unless the word keeps spreading.

EDIT: I see it’s a sticky topic at the top now. Well I dunno, maybe people will notice it.

(edited by Isaac.6041)

in WvW

Posted by: Ragnarz.1750

Ragnarz.1750

I talked to our server guys and we just don’t have the ability to reset these at different times. As much as that is an unsatisfying answer for you in the EU, it is reality.

Might I suggest that you do not implement this change until that ability exists. Breaking one region to provide a marginal improvement elsewhere doesn’t seem to be a well thought out decision. I doubt the programming to split the server reset protocol is onerous. I expect the testing and QA to far out weight the time cost of the modification.

in WvW

Isaac.6041

I talked to our server guys and we just don’t have the ability to reset these at different times. As much as that is an unsatisfying answer for you in the EU, it is reality.

Might I suggest that you do not implement this change until that ability exists. Breaking one region to provide a marginal improvement elsewhere doesn’t seem to be a well thought out decision. I doubt the programming to split the server reset protocol is onerous. I expect the testing and QA to far out weight the time cost of the modification.

Sounds like the ratings reset to me all over again. But really 2 hours earlier is not a big deal to the “hardcore” WvWers that play many hours a day.

This change will mostly affect the casual players and the WvW guilds that play at certain times of the day. O well. Too bad for them. Change your schedule I guess or beg ArenaNet to stop this change.

in WvW

Posted by: Guardian Of Tyria.6397

Guardian Of Tyria.6397

I had some thoughts on the subjects spread over the two locked threads and this one and wanted to get them out.

I’ve seen it posted that EU has a larger playerbase than NA, but I don’t get that statement when 22/24 servers on NA (now, at 0130 CST) are at very high status, with two at high, where as the EU servers have 10/27 at very high status and majority at medium status. Now I know that play time in EU right now isn’t at the ideal, but that shouldn’t make that much difference. If EU has a larger playerbase I would think that their servers should be more full than the NA servers.

Also, why not push the reset time back further, say starting at midnight EST time….that way it’s still at a reasonable time for the majority of NA to get in a few hours of play at reset and then EU can get up in the morning and hit it hard (even plan ahead and go to bed earlier on friday nights to be more rested in the morning). I would think that would be a better solution than pushing it back into NA work day since everyone seems to want to be around at reset time (and that’s what this is, a fight over being there at reset).

in WvW

Isaac.6041

I think EU does mysteriously have a larger playerbase than the NA side. First of all there are 27 EU servers compared to 24 NA servers so there must be some reason for the 3 extra EU servers.

Whatever, just let them make the change then. The tiers are already too stagnant on the NA and EU sides already and perhaps this will shake it up a little.

in WvW

Posted by: Hickeroar.9734

Hickeroar.9734

Moving the reset times back two hours is a pretty lousy move for NA players. You need to rescind this decision.

in WvW

Posted by: Hickeroar.9734

Hickeroar.9734

Sounds like the ratings reset to me all over again. But really 2 hours earlier is not a big deal to the “hardcore” WvWers that play many hours a day.

This change will mostly affect the casual players and the WvW guilds that play at certain times of the day. O well. Too bad for them. Change your schedule I guess or beg ArenaNet to stop this change.

On reset night where queues hit the 3-4 hour mark…it’s a big deal for those who can’t be there to join a map the moment the reset happens.

in WvW

Isaac.6041

On reset night where queues hit the 3-4 hour mark…it’s a big deal for those who can’t be there to join a map the moment the reset happens.

Yes but there will be other WvW players on the maps if you can’t get in. Take a break and do some PVE or sPvP where there are no queues. Friday is only one day of the week.

in WvW

Posted by: Steelo.4597

Steelo.4597

“5PM on Fridays I’m usually either cooking or meeting up my parents somewhere to eat.”

wow really.. you know what EU players do at reset? sleep for the next 7 hours.

i fear we will look back to this day and remember the good old wvw as it is now – Jan 2015

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

All I have to say is thank you Devon Carver and the whoever else thought it would be a good idea to screw over the NA reset. Thank you so much for picking the middle of the day.

Not only screwing over the US this also screws over oceanic and if anything makes it worse for SEA. There is no way this can be spun as being a solution which finds any sort of balance. It only benefits EU, no-one else.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in WvW

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

It is so cute that it is apparently the end of the world that SOME NA players will get the reset in the middle of the work day, but it was apparently not a problem whatsoever that ALL of Europe have had the reset in the middle of the night for the eight months since release.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in WvW

Posted by: Jikap.6547

Jikap.6547

To me, the US complaints seem to be more about the queues than the reset time itself.
I don’t think they would complain as much if they could enter immediately upon returning home, or after eating dinner…

This is said by someone from a EU T7 server where we never have to queue unless we really want to play on our own borderlands or EB at primetime, so please correct me if I’m wrong.

The SEA playerbase has their reset even earlier in their saturday morning now, and EU reset is still rather late at midnight. If nothing else, it’ll be interesting to see how this reset actually plays out, and when those seemingly overly crowded US servers actually starts to queue when there’s no-one left with an ideal server reset time.

(maybe they should have made a US T9 as well? o_o )

Jikap
Elementalist
Ring of Fire

(edited by Jikap.6547)

in WvW

Posted by: naphack.9346

naphack.9346

I think EU does mysteriously have a larger playerbase than the NA side. First of all there are 27 EU servers compared to 24 NA servers so there must be some reason for the 3 extra EU servers.

Whatever, just let them make the change then. The tiers are already too stagnant on the NA and EU sides already and perhaps this will shake it up a little.

there are more than 2 continents.
1) There are loads of asians and oceanics playing on us servers.
2) There are loads of south americans playing on us servers.
3) Heck, there is quite a bunch of EUROPEANS playing on US servers.

So basically, if you simply compare “only EU” to “only NA” or even “only US”, the EU probably has more players.(EU and NA not as in servers but as in geographic regions)
If you include south america, middle america etc to the equation, it should even out tho.
And if you look at it not in a continental way but simply by server populations, the NA servers probably got more players.

The only crime, turrets committed, is being good against the celestial meta.
The mob has spoken and the turrets shall be burnt at the stake.

in WvW

Isaac.6041

To me, the US complaints seem to be more about the queues than the reset time itself.
I don’t think they would complain as much if they could enter immediately upon returning home, or after eating dinner…

Very true.

in WvW

Posted by: ThaOwner.7560

ThaOwner.7560

you can say its just one day out of 7, but its almost always THE most fun and action packed day

Tybstra| Everything Purple [EP] | Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: Gab Superstar.4059

Gab Superstar.4059

Very true.

The queue problem is exclusive to some tiers, and self-inflicted in 90% of the cases.

Very Good Detectives [VGD]
Devonas Rest 4 lyfe

in WvW

Posted by: Bunter.3795

Bunter.3795

Let’s see before this change:

An Eu player could get off work on friday night, commute home at a leisurely pace, eat dinner, spend the night out with family/friends/a movie/etc and then return home and CHOOSE whether or not to stay and play reset as it started.

A NA (other than Eastern time) was basically made to choose between playing the game or doing anything else. Most of the country did not have the ability to do anything other than maybe eat a quick bite and then join the game and they had to hope they weren’t delayed on their commute home or they wouldn’t get to play due to the queues. Yeah we had it so great according to the EU players here. No time to relax after a hard days work, no time for friends or family on a friday night. Yep, such a great time.

Now let’s look how it goes:

An EU player, oh that’s right they really have no change in their Firday night, they still can do everything they did before and now only have to decided whether to play the game at @midnight.

A NA player, hmmmm let’s see what choice. OH that’s right no choice at all as they’ll still be at work or commuting home.

The EU playerbase needs to get their head out of their kitten and realize how good they had it. YOU had a CHOICE in whether to stay up or not, Get it, a CHOICE. The NA people now have no choice, they have to work.

in WvW

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

Oh, so getting no sleep at all EVERY Friday night for 8 months is “having it good”?

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in WvW

Posted by: Grav.3568

Grav.3568

If we can’t have separate reset times for NA/EU servers, then there’s little point in having NA/EU servers to begin with.

in WvW

Posted by: Space.8053

Space.8053

Brilliant stuff, our guild’s reset numbers have shrunk to just the insomniacs since the clock changes a couple of weeks ago. This should make resets a lot more fun and interesting for the majority of servers.

Fat Rob
[TCHU]
Gandara

in WvW

Posted by: gabal.4520

gabal.4520

Explain me this – if you complain you’ll have queues now I guess you have them anyway at that time of day. Last week we got outmanned on our home borderland one hour after reset started.
Even if you get queue you’ll get in eventually and manage to play for a few hours on reset night. In EU participation dwindled considerably as it is really hard to stay up every week until dawn, last few resets I managed to stay for hour or two maximum before collapsing in bed out of tiredness.

Infidelija, boatswain of Bloody Pirates [YARR], lvl 80 elementalist
hobby: busting Trebuchettes
Gandara server

in WvW

Gab Superstar.4059

Let’s see before this change:

An Eu player could get off work on friday night, commute home at a leisurely pace, eat dinner, spend the night out with family/friends/a movie/etc and then return home and CHOOSE whether or not to stay and play reset as it started.

A NA (other than Eastern time) was basically made to choose between playing the game or doing anything else. Most of the country did not have the ability to do anything other than maybe eat a quick bite and then join the game and they had to hope they weren’t delayed on their commute home or they wouldn’t get to play due to the queues. Yeah we had it so great according to the EU players here. No time to relax after a hard days work, no time for friends or family on a friday night. Yep, such a great time.

Now let’s look how it goes:

An EU player, oh that’s right they really have no change in their Firday night, they still can do everything they did before and now only have to decided whether to play the game at @midnight.

A NA player, hmmmm let’s see what choice. OH that’s right no choice at all as they’ll still be at work or commuting home.

The EU playerbase needs to get their head out of their kitten and realize how good they had it. YOU had a CHOICE in whether to stay up or not, Get it, a CHOICE. The NA people now have no choice, they have to work.

What if you work on Saturdays? What if you are too old to stay up until 6am? What if you have other responsibilities the day after? Taking your kid to practice, meeting relatives and friends, shopping?

You are assuming that everyone who plays this game is 15 years old. Maybe the NA players should get their head out of their kitten and realize that the EU player base is the largest one.

Devonas Rest 4 lyfe

in WvW

Terra Dactyl.2047

Also, on the NA servers, a culture has developed around reset night that goes back 7 months. On my server at least (Tarnished Coast) the reset night push is what really brings all the WvW guilds together and creates intra-guild relationships.

Why Anet would want to destroy that, is beyond me. Study after study shows that it is social ties that keep people playing MMO’s. Destroying reset night on the NA servers will give people just one more reason to jump to another game, if one comes along.

No doubt guilds will continue working with each other, but I can’t see how it can be as good as what we had before.

That’s ok… don’t worry, we will ask Anet to change the NA time to 2am instead… that way you can continue to all play together out of work hours.

Oh wait? you are not happy with that suggestion? duh… we have been like that on EU servers since summer time kicked in… and 1am CET prior to that.

I am sure a little inconvenience of 2 hours earlier is not going to hurt you that much.

I’d prefer 2 am over 3 pm. At least we’d have the option of staying up late . Most people unfortunately do not have the option of leaving work at 2 pm every Friday afternoon.

What if you work on Saturdays? What if you are too old to stay up until 6am? What if you have other responsibilities the day after? Taking your kid to practice, meeting relatives and friends, shopping?

You are assuming that everyone who plays this game is 15 years old. Maybe the NA players should get their head out of their kitten and realize that the EU player base is the largest one.

The EU player base may (or may not) be the largest one, but the “too old to stay up past midnight and/or works on saturdays” player base has to be the minority. 15 year olds in NA won’t care, they’re mostly home by 3-4 in the afternoon (just in time for reset!).

We’re pretty much going to have a 6 day WvW week in NA now, since the EU players on NA servers (who will probably continue to stay up until dawn anyway) and 15 year olds are going to eat all of our queue spots on Fridays.

(edited by Terra Dactyl.2047)

in WvW

Gab Superstar.4059

I’d prefer 2 am over 3 pm. At least we’d have the option of staying up late . Most people unfortunately do not have the option of leaving work at 2 pm every Friday afternoon.

The EU player base may (or may not) be the largest one, but the “too old to stay up past midnight and/or works on saturdays” player base has to be the minority. 15 year olds in NA won’t care, they’re mostly home by 3-4 in the afternoon (just in time for reset!).

Then what’s the problem?

Devonas Rest 4 lyfe

in WvW

Posted by: flickky.2634

flickky.2634

This issue/solution sounds like you have a massive gaping wound in your leg, and nurse anet has gone and put a hello kitty plaster on it in an attempt to fix it.

From what I gather, there’s quite a few EU people out there that are happy with this change. But while it’s fixing EU, it’s effectively breaking NA. There are multiple large guilds on different servers who are primarily West Coast NA. If your guild does not get in during reset, then you will have to wait a good few hours in order to zone a decent amount of your guild in to any borderland (not going to even start on EBG) and make a difference.

Not just this, but if you’re in an Oceanic guild that played at reset then good bloody luck trying to get Kiwis and Aussies up at 8am on a Saturday morning now.

While EU may have it better, it doesn’t actually solve the problem – just moving it from one region to another.

Flickky / Landsplash
[TwitchTV] [Twitter]
Oceanic Leader of [KnT] Knights of the Temple ~ Blackgate

in WvW

Gab Superstar.4059

This issue/solution sounds like you have a massive gaping wound in your leg, and nurse anet has gone and put a hello kitty plaster on it in an attempt to fix it.

From what I gather, there’s quite a few EU people out there that are happy with this change. But while it’s fixing EU, it’s effectively breaking NA. There are multiple large guilds on different servers who are primarily West Coast NA. If your guild does not get in during reset, then you will have to wait a good few hours in order to zone a decent amount of your guild in to any borderland (not going to even start on EBG) and make a difference.

Not just this, but if you’re in an Oceanic guild that played at reset then good bloody luck trying to get Kiwis and Aussies up at 8am on a Saturday morning now.

While EU may have it better, it doesn’t actually solve the problem – just moving it from one region to another.

If you want a decent amount of your guild in the same zone then don’t play in T1.

This has been the case since day one, you had what? Half a year to transfer servers for free?

Devonas Rest 4 lyfe

in WvW

Terra Dactyl.2047

Then what’s the problem?

The problem is that we can’t leave work 2 hours early every Friday. Whereas we could sacrifice 2 hours of sleep if the reset was at 2 am. By the time we get home, the multi-hour long queues that you used to be able to dodge by being on at reset time are already going to be there.

The other problem is that they claim to have found a time that both sides could be happy with, which is pretty obviously not true. EU is happy, NA is not.

And the last problem is that when anyone from NA expresses their dissatisfaction, someone from EU (who have been whining for 8 months to get it changed in the first place) tells them to stop complaining and explains how great we had it before, rushing home from work and just barely squeaking in before the queues formed.

in WvW

Posted by: xxxzavulonxxx.8413

xxxzavulonxxx.8413

I think the timeframe of 6pm resets on east coast and 3pm resets is horrible.

[SU]

in WvW

Posted by: naphack.9346

naphack.9346

If we can’t have separate reset times for NA/EU servers, then there’s little point in having NA/EU servers to begin with.

this.
Why did they bother splitting them anyway?
The only thing it causes is not allowing me to guest half the servers.
So much to “everyone should have the possibility of playing with anyone, any time”, which they stated as being their philosophy.
Basically, if I transferred to NA for wvw, I’d not be able to PvE with my friends over at the german servers.

The only crime, turrets committed, is being good against the celestial meta.
The mob has spoken and the turrets shall be burnt at the stake.

in WvW

Posted by: Terrahero.9358

Terrahero.9358

I think the timeframe of 6pm resets on east coast and 3pm resets is horrible.

Well you could always petition to get the same reset times Europe had. The beloved Europe, that Anet caters to so greatly. That Europe.

How does 2am – 5am depending on timezone sound? Thats what we have had to endure.