Seperate reset times for NA and EU

in WvW

Posted by: Terra Dactyl.2047

Terra Dactyl.2047

I love how their initial reaction to any game change that causes an uproar is to lock the post to keep people from commenting. They really need a PR person to advise them that doing things like that is not in their best interest.

It was rather smart of them to lock it though, since it was more or less only people flaming, no real discussion.

Step 1, EU servers complain about something that inconvininces them (Rightly so, btw)
Step 2, Anet decides EU has a point, and makes a band aid fix that doesnt actually fix the problem and screws over NA players
Step 3, NA players complain about being screwed over with short notice, and voice much hate for a kitten fix on Anets part, and no forethought planning to seperate reset time due to region
Step 4, Anet throws up their hands in frustration, lock/delete all threads that hint at the topic, and hope the issue magically goes away

Predicting Step 5, People start seeing that Anet isnt taking this stuff seriously, and start to seriously look at other games to play.

You missed a step between 3 and 4, where the EU players (who have been complaining for 8 months) freak out at the NA players for complaining.

Oh the magical land of internet forums where hypocrisy reigns supreme.

in WvW

Posted by: Bertrand.3057

Bertrand.3057

I love how their initial reaction to any game change that causes an uproar is to lock the post to keep people from commenting. They really need a PR person to advise them that doing things like that is not in their best interest.

It was rather smart of them to lock it though, since it was more or less only people flaming, no real discussion.

Step 1, EU servers complain about something that inconvininces them (Rightly so, btw)
Step 2, Anet decides EU has a point, and makes a band aid fix that doesnt actually fix the problem and screws over NA players
Step 3, NA players complain about being screwed over with short notice, and voice much hate for a kitten fix on Anets part, and no forethought planning to seperate reset time due to region
Step 4, Anet throws up their hands in frustration, lock/delete all threads that hint at the topic, and hope the issue magically goes away

Predicting Step 5, People start seeing that Anet isnt taking this stuff seriously, and start to seriously look at other games to play.

You missed a step between 3 and 4, where the EU players (who have been complaining for 8 months) freak out at the NA players for complaining.

Oh the magical land of internet forums where hypocrisy reigns supreme.

When you have been putting up with an absolutely kitten reset time for nearly 8 months running, and then finally receive a gesture from Anet like a light from heaven only to see the majority of NA players crying for that gesture to be withdrawn, it’s not hypocrisy to complain.

Many of those who have enjoyed the current reset times seem to have absolutely no empathy for those others who have not. Seeing people on the East coast now complaining that because of their 9-5 they now might not make it because of their commute is particularly disgusting since someone on the West coast with a 9-5 would never have been able to make it. I’m not saying the current situation is better for them, it’s just appalling how self-centered some people are that they don’t realize the reset was never ideal for everyone.

Playing reset for many in the EU up until now has meant staying up until 5am and further, which was not only convenient it was unhealthy. Consider this in the context of some people complaining that they couldn’t sit down for dinner now that it was 6pm EST, or saying that starting at 2am wasn’t really that bad, and and you get the sense that these people have absolutely no regard or understanding of what’s going on on the other side of the Atlantic.

Are separate reset times ideal? Yes. But we should welcome a compromise and a considerate gesture, rather than howling in anger. Frankly, there are positives as this gives you guys a longer reset run since people don’t have to head to bed so early. Yes some people are going to hit queues but there were always the queues, those privileged few who didn’t have to deal with them will simply know what everyone else was facing.

Talleyrand, Captain and Commander of the Bloody Pirates
Asura on patrol in defense of Gandara and Bessie!
Administrator of http://thisisgandara.com

in WvW

Posted by: Immolator.5640

Immolator.5640

We’ve had to deal with this for 8 months, we don’t have a ‘major community event full of thrillz and excitement’, we have a caffeine-driven, groggy, wearying journey of perseverance and who falls asleep at their keyboard first. Not to mention my stomach’s rumbling the entire time – need moar noodles – don’t have time to go get food whilst leading; making everyone wait 5 minutes so you can go get food isn’t exactly a nice thing to do when they’ve stayed up ’til all hours in the morning to attend the event.

NA dudes, I know this sucks for you, it sucked for every EU player who wanted to get a decent night’s sleep each week, and for every EU player who doesn’t want to wake on Saturday feeling like a pile of kitten (which btw we do, trust me, I’ve done it) and for every EU player who can’t stay up until 5am in the morning due to irl constraints.

Can’t you guys deal with it for like one week, then you can shaft us again and we’ll continue bearing the burden for you like we’ve been doing for 8 months? I just want to sleep for once without feeling like I’m betraying my server/guildies…

Commander Ezekiel The Paladin
Underworld Battalion [WvW] Leader (retired) – Gandara [EU]
All Is Vain https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/pvp/gf-left-me-coz-of-ladderboard/

in WvW

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

Immolator, I hope the admins move it to Saturday at 7AM PST. It fixes all time problems for everybody. It’d be preferable for EU, NA, SEA, EVERYBODY for it to be at a time everybody can play at (since it’d be Saturday for everybody). I just don’t think they really thought on the time…and I’d wish everybody would push them to move it to that time.

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

in WvW

Posted by: airstu.2579

airstu.2579

Immolator, I hope the admins move it to Saturday at 7AM PST. It fixes all time problems for everybody. It’d be preferable for EU, NA, SEA, EVERYBODY for it to be at a time everybody can play at (since it’d be Saturday for everybody). I just don’t think they really thought on the time…and I’d wish everybody would push them to move it to that time.

Ah yes, a night of PvD points to determine NA results. Great idea.

Calisto – NSP BPTCBP
Dictator for Life
Shiverpeaks Search and Rescue [Lost]

in WvW

RyuDragnier.9476

7AM PST is 10AM EST, which is 4PM Europe time, which is about 10PM or so Oceanic time. How is this a bad thing again?

[hS]

in WvW

Posted by: airstu.2579

airstu.2579

Anything that involves “PST” (should be PDT btw), “7am” and “reset” is a bad thing.

Calisto – NSP BPTCBP
Dictator for Life
Shiverpeaks Search and Rescue [Lost]

in WvW

Posted by: graverr.6473

graverr.6473

Puts “tinfoil hat” on again.

Maybe it’s a conspiracy by ArenaNet to get guilds/players transfer (pay gems /$$$) to lower tier servers so they won’t have to deal with the queue on reset nights.

Eu nr1 wvw server is opened to free xfers.After 1 week of unbearable overcrowdness in wvw several hundreeds of players begin migrating to other servers but ofc with a gem fee.Allowing free transfers = no profit since free right.Well at least the server is “fixed now”.If going to t8 is ever a fix xd
Current transfer fee to a v high pop server is arround 63 gold just in case you wonder
Shares tinfoil hats*

Mini Somales -Seven Instincts- [siN]

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

Personally I believe if they truly wanted to issue a fix for the “reset” issue, then they would have simply moved it to Saturday afternoon, or something along those lines that would be universally time-acceptable for all parties…

Nah, just too simple and obvious, no tinfoil involved.

Yep this is the obvious fix. The fact that they’ve chosen not to do this leaves us asking questions why and grasping at other answers like they’re trying to artificially reduce the number of players on at reset. Which would just suck because it shows they have no answers for the issues like skill lag.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

<deleted>

Didn;t read the original closely enough.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in WvW

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

7AM PST is 10AM EST, which is 4PM Europe time, which is about 10PM or so Oceanic time. How is this a bad thing again?

So putting it during (or more or less as soon as work is over) for Europe is not a bad thing, but doing the same for the US is? Quite a few people in Europe works until either 4 or 5pm.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in WvW

Posted by: Blessed Bell.6895

Blessed Bell.6895

At least for me changing the time 2 hours earlier doesn’t change much. It was 3am so now 1 am I still rather just hit the sack before it usually, since the wvw opens at 20 minutes past reset or so. But since I’ve never seen the actual reset I guess this would make it possible…

But if there really can’t be seperate reset timers than somebody is gonna get shafted somehow always. Although I’m pretty sure there is a fix just that it’s gonna take a lot of work to get done. Just hope they realise this is a serious problem that needs to be dealt with instead of just wiping it under the rug for another 8 months…

Midnight Mayhem[MM] – Gunnar’s Hold
Rigardo SIlverskin – Warrior
Casca Shadowlip – Thief

in WvW

Posted by: Terra Dactyl.2047

Terra Dactyl.2047

So putting it during (or more or less as soon as work is over) for Europe is not a bad thing, but doing the same for the US is? Quite a few people in Europe works until either 4 or 5pm.

On Saturday?…

Most people work Monday-Friday. Obviously not everyone is going to be happy, but Saturday morning (even 2 am, I could just go to sleep and wvw in the morning when the queues were gone, not really an option at 6 pm) would beat the hell out of the middle of the work day on Friday for most people. And “most people” is who they should be trying to make happy.

Basically, NA’s issue with this (aside from the obvious “it kittens us over completely”) is this:

EU’s options before:
1. stay up until ungodly hours of the morning to play during reset
2. go to bed, play in the morning

NA’s options now:
1. Quit our jobs (not a real option for most)
2. Try to go to sleep at 6 pm to wake up in the morning and play then (also not a real option for most, not even a little tired at 6 pm)
3. Sit in queue for 4+ hours on anything but the lowest tiers, give up, and go to bed then.
4. Luck out, make it through the queue, and solo/follow a zerg because no one else you know got in.

Worst case scenario, you “missed” friday because you went to bed. We’re now going to miss Friday while sitting at our desks in the queue lottery banging our heads against the wall for 5 hours. NA might as well officially have a 5 and a half day WvW week now (No Friday at all, Thursday only counts as half a day because the match is usually already decided and there’s no one to fight)

Now, if they would at least fix the queue system so people weren’t getting in in 10 minutes while the rest of us sat in a queue for 5 hours, it might be a little more bearable, but they “can’t” fix that either. Makes you wonder about the coding a little when things can’t be fixed.

in WvW

Posted by: Saint Scarlet.2906

Saint Scarlet.2906

So you never had 4hour queues before this reset time change? Or were you always the lucky one that got in and made everyone else queue for 4 hours? If as all you keep saying that you’re all(90% has been chucked around a few times) going to be queing for 4 hours, who the hell is actually in WvW to make you queue? Everyone here is making it sound like guilds and servers are going to die, when in reality all it means is that a few people wont make reset and are crying that they might actually face a queue for once. If you all hadn’t of stacked in the top 2 tiers, you wouldn’t have this problem.

Commander Oracle Of Glint
Executed [EXE]
Piken Square

in WvW

Blessed Bell.6895

On Saturday?…

Most people work Monday-Friday. Obviously not everyone is going to be happy, but Saturday morning (even 2 am, I could just go to sleep and wvw in the morning when the queues were gone, not really an option at 6 pm) would beat the hell out of the middle of the work day on Friday for most people. And “most people” is who they should be trying to make happy.

Basically, NA’s issue with this (aside from the obvious “it kittens us over completely”) is this:

EU’s options before:

NA’s options now:
2. Try to go to sleep at 6 pm to wake up in the morning and play then (also not a real option for most, not even a little tired at 6 pm)
3. Sit in queue for 4+ hours on anything but the lowest tiers, give up, and go to bed then.
4. Luck out, make it through the queue, and solo/follow a zerg because no one else you know got in.

Worst case scenario, you “missed” friday because you went to bed. We’re now going to miss Friday while sitting at our desks in the queue lottery banging our heads against the wall for 5 hours. NA might as well officially have a 5 and a half day WvW week now (No Friday at all, Thursday only counts as half a day because the match is usually already decided and there’s no one to fight)

How does changing the reset time make any changes to the queues though? Wouldn’t the queues be there regardless if the reset was as it is or 2 hours later? I thought the issue would be that there wouldn’t be enough to actually play during the reset on US servers if everyone was in work? Everybody is now claiming that some unknown mass is going to take their place, make them queue for hours and nobody in the US is getting to wvw. As it was EU had pretty much nobody playing in wvw during reset so servers with NA guilds had a big advantage to PvD all night/morning.

Casca Shadowlip – Thief

(edited by Blessed Bell.6895)

in WvW

Posted by: King Amadaeus.8619

King Amadaeus.8619

I would gladly take 3 pm.Would plan a guild raid for 7-8 pm but that’s just me.Midnight still sux but at least people in EU get to play for 2 hours and still get some sleep before work/school on saturday instead of nothing at all

I am not a fan of the fact that Anet needs to screw someone over in the 1st place and i really don’t understand why the reset times can’t be separate since the NA and EU servers are *completely*separate in the 1st place.You can’t even guest from NA to EU so this thing really leaves me perplexed.

But ,being from EU i can’t not be glad for getting even such a small improvement.Either way here on the old continent still have it a lot worse than you guys even with this “improvement” and im not rying to make it a justification in any way is just a personal opinion.

See the problem with this on my server will be queue’s. On a normal reset night you have to be on the button/portal to get in, if you miss getting in right at reset you are in a queue for 5-6+ hours, if you get in at all. I would actually prefer a 2am reset, that way there is no big reset push and most ppl would just log on Saturday morning and do their push.

Don’t play on a T2 server then.

Lol, kids go to school on Saturday in EU???

In some countries yes.

School on Saturday is crazy;)

T1-T6 has a long queue on reset night, so that leaves T7/T8, no thank you.

Neither T5 or T6 has queues on reset night. Don’t know about T4, but I don’t believe it’s much different, since all T4 servers have strong overnight presence rather than a strong prime time presence.[/quote]

T7 does have queues on reset, mostly in EB, but also if theres a push on a certain BL, then theres a queue….

PS: Stay in your elite tier, no queue avoidance down here.

Mag Server Leader

(edited by King Amadaeus.8619)

in WvW

Posted by: naphack.9346

naphack.9346

I would gladly take 3 pm.Would plan a guild raid for 7-8 pm but that’s just me.Midnight still sux but at least people in EU get to play for 2 hours and still get some sleep before work/school on saturday instead of nothing at all

I am not a fan of the fact that Anet needs to screw someone over in the 1st place and i really don’t understand why the reset times can’t be separate since the NA and EU servers are *completely*separate in the 1st place.You can’t even guest from NA to EU so this thing really leaves me perplexed.

But ,being from EU i can’t not be glad for getting even such a small improvement.Either way here on the old continent still have it a lot worse than you guys even with this “improvement” and im not rying to make it a justification in any way is just a personal opinion.

See the problem with this on my server will be queue’s. On a normal reset night you have to be on the button/portal to get in, if you miss getting in right at reset you are in a queue for 5-6+ hours, if you get in at all. I would actually prefer a 2am reset, that way there is no big reset push and most ppl would just log on Saturday morning and do their push.

Don’t play on a T2 server then.

Lol, kids go to school on Saturday in EU???

In some countries yes.

School on Saturday is crazy;)

T1-T6 has a long queue on reset night, so that leaves T7/T8, no thank you.

Neither T5 or T6 has queues on reset night. Don’t know about T4, but I don’t believe it’s much different, since all T4 servers have strong overnight presence rather than a strong prime time presence.

T7 does have queues on reset, mostly in EB, but also if theres a push on a certain BL, then theres a queue….

PS: Stay in your elite tier, no queue avoidance down here.[/quote]

SF != T7
the score proves, you don’t belong there either way.

The only crime, turrets committed, is being good against the celestial meta.
The mob has spoken and the turrets shall be burnt at the stake.

in WvW

Posted by: Gab Superstar.4059

Gab Superstar.4059

Neither T5 or T6 has queues on reset night. Don’t know about T4, but I don’t believe it’s much different, since all T4 servers have strong overnight presence rather than a strong prime time presence.

PS: Stay in your elite tier, no queue avoidance down here.

Why do I have to repeat myself all the time? Read the thread before posting crap like this.

Very Good Detectives [VGD]
Devonas Rest 4 lyfe

in WvW

Posted by: naphack.9346

naphack.9346

yay a missquote!
<3 you, too!

The only crime, turrets committed, is being good against the celestial meta.
The mob has spoken and the turrets shall be burnt at the stake.

in WvW

King Amadaeus.8619

Yeah someone well before me messed up the quotes…pretty much none of that is going to the right people now lol…

Mag Server Leader

in WvW

Posted by: Bunter.3795

Bunter.3795

So you never had 4hour queues before this reset time change? Or were you always the lucky one that got in and made everyone else queue for 4 hours? If as all you keep saying that you’re all(90% has been chucked around a few times) going to be queing for 4 hours, who the hell is actually in WvW to make you queue? Everyone here is making it sound like guilds and servers are going to die, when in reality all it means is that a few people wont make reset and are crying that they might actually face a queue for once. If you all hadn’t of stacked in the top 2 tiers, you wouldn’t have this problem.

Hmm, Stacked the top 2 tiers? So maybe in your obvious wisdom, since you seem to know all about queues, you could explain how we have 4 hour queues in Tier 3 on reset night? This is not one borderland, this is all 3 borderlands and EB as well. Explain that if you would. We also had the same thing when we were in Tier 4. OH that’s right you can’t. At least before this obvious attempt to placate the EU whiners we had a chance to be in game at reset and avoid a queue. Now we’re at work and have no choice. If you’re not in the EST you’ll be faced with 4 hour (or longer) queues. “A few people won’t make reset” you mean the few people that live in the 75% of the landmass of NA and SA that will be at work when reset hits? Those few people? All so a few EU can play for what? 2 hours? Because if they couldn’t stay up to 2 am before for reset, they’re now going to magically stay up all night and play? Gimme a break.

The thing that tops all that is the obvious, blatant attempt by ANET to ease thier guilt for caving into the the EU whiners by calling this change “convenient”. “Convenient” for whom in NA or SA is this time change convenient? The people still at work? I guess it’s convenient for us not to have to try and rush home to be online for the reset, since we’ll STILL BE AT WORK when reset happens. Yep, really convenient there.

in WvW

Posted by: Ruprect.7260

Ruprect.7260

So this is how a Fri reset goes in my guild at least:

We all gather at a location away from LA about a half hour before reset. We get our strategies layed out, get setup in groups, and separate into squads. By this time it is almost reset. Reset time comes and there is no reset yet, at about 15 minutes after reset time people finally start getting kicked out of the BL’s. 5-15 minutes after that the scores reset. As soon as the scores reset you must be spamming the BL you want to get into over and over. Sometimes you get lucky and get right in and sometimes you are not fast enough and get put in the queue, which basically means your WvW night is over, unless you are willing to sit in the queue lottery for anywhere from 1 hour to 6+ hours. It has yet to happen to me, I usually get in right away but the people that do get put in the queue usually log for the night because there is almost no one on to PvE on reset night and if you could find a group you don’t really want to start anything in case your queue pops.

How it will work now:

People who work will get home and be put in the endless queue lottery. They will most likely just log for the night.

Ruprect – [DIS] Dissentient
Mesmer/Elementalist/Guardian/Necromancer/Warrior
[TC] Tarnished Coast

in WvW

King Amadaeus.8619

So one thing I am hearing in all this is NA needs a T9…3 more servers….

Mag Server Leader

in WvW

Posted by: endirasae.3015

endirasae.3015

Well, Australian players gets shafted again. Shocker.

10-11am on a Saturday morning was too perfect to last, I suppose.

in WvW

Posted by: Bunter.3795

Bunter.3795

On Saturday?…

EU’s options before:

NA’s options now:

How does changing the reset time make any changes to the queues though? Wouldn’t the queues be there regardless if the reset was as it is or 2 hours later? I thought the issue would be that there wouldn’t be enough to actually play during the reset on US servers if everyone was in work? Everybody is now claiming that some unknown mass is going to take their place, make them queue for hours and nobody in the US is getting to wvw. As it was EU had pretty much nobody playing in wvw during reset so servers with NA guilds had a big advantage to PvD all night/morning.

Yay for EU arrogance and assuming this is all about NA. Ever hear of the continent to the South? You know South America? That big land mass that is not part of the US or NA. The same landmass getting screwed over by this change. My server has a large contingent of Chilean and other players from all over SA. Guess they won’t be affected by this because they aren’t in NA, nope. Really? Why don’t you complain about the US and NA some more. My server had queues within 5 minutes of reset and that was for all 3 Bl and EB. Before this change, anyone not in EDT had a chance to be online and avoid the queue. Now we cannot be in game and therefore will have to queue. That is the effect that 2 hours has on everyone outside of EDT. Did I make it without queueing every reset, no, of course no,t but at least I had the oppurtunity to try. Because of the EU whinig and ANET caving, that choise has now been taken from myself and everyone else in 75% of the landmass of NA and SA.

in WvW

RyuDragnier.9476

That’s not going to help at all. All the servers on the NA side are Very High status, and you’re not going to get people who have put roots in a community to just leave it that fast.

The problem here is that anytime somebody gives a suggestion that is convenient for everybody, some of the EU players in this thread complain and blow it out of the water when said time makes it convenient for MOST PLAYERS, REGARDLESS OF REGION. And then said players have the gall to say the same time they’d get in said situation NA players can deal with when said complaining players refuse to want to deal with the same situation. Get off your kitten high horses people, either we attempt to appease most of the player population regardless of location or we don’t.

[hS]

in WvW

Posted by: Space.8053

Space.8053

Yay for EU arrogance and assuming this is all about NA. Ever hear of the continent to the South? You know South America? That big land mass that is not part of the US or NA.

There’s also quite a large land mass below Europe called ‘Africa’. Geography is great isn’t it!

If you’re upset about the change take it out on Arena Net, not the whole of the European player base.

Fat Rob
[TCHU]
Gandara

in WvW

Posted by: Quenta.2978

Quenta.2978

I am trying to decide if arrow carts were one of the worst decisions ever made for WvW, or if this time change is. I am banking on this time change. It’s a bigkittento all Pacific Time, Mountain Time and Central Time. A bigkittento NA and SA players. I mean, if reset is at 5 PM CST, people who work until 5 PM won’t be getting in either.

Great decision.

in WvW

King Amadaeus.8619

That’s not going to help at all. All the servers on the NA side are Very High status, and you’re not going to get people who have put roots in a community to just leave it that fast.

The problem here is that anytime somebody gives a suggestion that is convenient for everybody, some of the EU players in this thread complain and blow it out of the water when said time makes it convenient for MOST PLAYERS, REGARDLESS OF REGION. And then said players have the gall to say the same time they’d get in said situation NA players can deal with when said complaining players refuse to want to deal with the same situation. Get off your kitten high horses people, either we attempt to appease most of the player population regardless of location or we don’t.

I see your point and agree to an extent, but there have been mass exodus’s in the past pertaining to WvW…It would happen again if they opened 3 new servers.

There are people who by the week, still come to lower tiers because of the congestion on the higher tiers…while adding 3 new servers, would not be end-all fix, it would alleviate some of the problem, because I assure people would migrate.

Mag Server Leader

in WvW

Blessed Bell.6895

Yay for EU arrogance and assuming this is all about NA. Ever hear of the continent to the South? You know South America? That big land mass that is not part of the US or NA. The same landmass getting screwed over by this change. My server has a large contingent of Chilean and other players from all over SA. Guess they won’t be affected by this because they aren’t in NA, nope. Really? Why don’t you complain about the US and NA some more. My server had queues within 5 minutes of reset and that was for all 3 Bl and EB. Before this change, anyone not in EDT had a chance to be online and avoid the queue. Now we cannot be in game and therefore will have to queue. That is the effect that 2 hours has on everyone outside of EDT. Did I make it without queueing every reset, no, of course no,t but at least I had the oppurtunity to try. Because of the EU whinig and ANET caving, that choise has now been taken from myself and everyone else in 75% of the landmass of NA and SA.

Now I don’t really follow why you try to avoid the issue by complaining that I didn’t mention South America (if you have any ounce of reason you can understand that I’m talking about the general time zone of NA which involves… well people living on those latitudes). But I was simply saying that the server will still have people from the server in the wvw areas right? Just maybe not the ones who have in past come straight from work to sit on the queue lottery during the reset.

Like I’ve said I haven’t personally ever been in the reset since for me it’s been 2-3 am so I can’t tell how wonderful magical thing you’re going to miss because of this, but somebody else is still going to get the spot regardless.

Casca Shadowlip – Thief

in WvW

Posted by: Snowreap.5174

Snowreap.5174

I don’t see a huge problem with the current “solution”.

it’s only a 2 hour difference, and affects all servers the same way. people who were easily able to queue at reset before, might find it harder now. and people who could never queue before (because they were 2 hours too late due to their timezone) will now get their chance.

I don’t really expect this to change overall server strength very much, but of course we won’t know for sure until it happens. but worst-case, if it does, we might see some movement between tiers as a result, rather than the current stagnation. that wouldn’t be altogether bad.

personally, I wouldn’t mind a rotating system where resets are 2 hours earlier every week. players in every timezone should have the opportunity, at least sometimes, to be on for reset.

-ken

The Purge [PURG] – Ehmry Bay

in WvW

Posted by: Cicero.3492

Cicero.3492

I don’t see a huge problem with the current “solution”.

it’s only a 2 hour difference, and affects all servers the same way. people who were easily able to queue at reset before, might find it harder now. and people who could never queue before (because they were 2 hours too late due to their timezone) will now get their chance.

I don’t really expect this to change overall server strength very much, but of course we won’t know for sure until it happens. but worst-case, if it does, we might see some movement between tiers as a result, rather than the current stagnation. that wouldn’t be altogether bad.

personally, I wouldn’t mind a rotating system where resets are 2 hours earlier every week. players in every timezone should have the opportunity, at least sometimes, to be on for reset.

-ken

I swear most people on this forum are so narrow sighted to think that the only issue NA, SA, and Oceanic has with this are the Q times. Reset night is the 1 night a week were guilds and servers can get together and work vs a coordinated opponent with everyone on an equal footing (aka no t3 keeps).

I know from experience in the hour prior to reset we are setting up, deciding what guilds are going were, and what our strats will be. And once the reset hits for the most part the dedicated wvwers can get in (yes a few zone out and miss the Q). On every other night people come and go, people get bored and only play the weekend, or 1 server has every t3 by the time another time zone logs in, etc etc.

Now move the reset to 6est. Est folks are rushing home to try and get on, pst folks are at work thinking about ditching early, oceanic folks are hitting snooze again. PST get home log in, wait in Q and the equal footing is gone and the server meetings are over guilds are split between BLs all rdy. Player X whose guild went to Green BL now has a 4 hr Q so player X can’t play with his/her guild tonight, etc etc.

See what I am getting at here? Its not just Q times people are upset about, GW2 is a mmo and people what to play with their friends and guildies.

This isnt directed directly and you Snow, more a generalized point a lot of people don’t consider

(edited by Cicero.3492)

in WvW

Posted by: Ruprect.7260

Ruprect.7260

I swear most people on this forum are so narrow sighted to think that the only issue NA, SA, and Oceanic has with this are the Q times. Reset night is the 1 night a week were guilds and servers can get together and work vs a coordinated opponent with everyone on an equal footing (aka no t3 keeps).

I know from experience in the hour prior to reset we are setting up, deciding what guilds are going were, and what our strats will be. And once the reset hits for the most part the dedicated wvwers can get in (yes a few zone out and miss the Q). On every other night people come and go, people get bored and only play the weekend, or 1 server has every t3 by the time another time zone logs in, etc etc.

Now move the reset to 6est. Est folks are rushing home to try and get on, pst folks are at work thinking about ditching early, oceanic folks are hitting snooze again. PST get home log in, wait in Q and the equal footing is gone and the server meetings are over guilds are split between BLs all rdy. Player X whose guild went to Green BL now has a 4 hr Q so player X can’t play with his/her guild tonight, etc etc.

See what I am getting at here? Its not just Q times people are upset about, GW2 is a mmo and people what to play with their friends and guildies.

I would agree with this but would add that EU and everyone else should also have this opportunity. Then need to find a way to split NA/EU resets.

Reset is the night of the week I look forward to all week long. I am devastated by this change.

Ruprect – [DIS] Dissentient
Mesmer/Elementalist/Guardian/Necromancer/Warrior
[TC] Tarnished Coast

in WvW

Posted by: Cicero.3492

Cicero.3492

I agree Ruprect.

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again:

Split EU and NA = Win

in WvW

Posted by: DevonCarver.5370

Previous

DevonCarver.5370

WvW Coordinator

Next

We are in the process of working out how/if we can split the NA and EU resets. For now, this change is the way going forward. It’s my hope we will have an update about this soon as I’ve made it a priority.

in WvW

Posted by: Draygo.9473

Draygo.9473

I was about to post that I was pretty sure that anet was going to work on splitting NA/EU.

Then a Devon arrives, and displays mad ninja posting skills.

Delarme
Apathy Inc [Ai]

in WvW

Snowreap.5174

If you want to have one night where your guild can all play together, make it Monday night. Why does “the 1 night a week were guilds and servers can get together” have to be reset night? (This is a rhetorical question, I know why reset night is the best night for this).

My actual question is: why is it that guilds and servers that can get on at reset should be able to do this, while guilds and servers with timezone issues should be locked out by queues?

If all your guild members are able to get in on Friday nights for the reset because you all live in a ‘good’ time zone, you can’t forget that guilds that have players in other time zones don’t have this same opportunity.

Queue times aren’t really my focus here. Opportunity for all players in all time zones is my focus. As it happens, I am a US east coast player so the old timing was just about perfect for me. The new timing is worse for me personally, but arguably “fairer” for European players. I would prefer timing that rotates the scheduling so that every time zone gets a chance to enjoy being able to play at reset, rather than the current system where some time zones are always able to be there at reset and other time zones are never able to.

As much as I love being able to participate in every reset, I have to concede that it is unfair that there are players on my server who cannot.

-ken

PS: And yes, split resets for EU/US would be optimum, but until the game tech is changed to allow it, we have to work within the existing technology limits.

in WvW

Posted by: ekleenex.1654

ekleenex.1654

I was about to post that I was pretty sure that anet was going to work on splitting NA/EU.

Then a Devon arrives, and displays mad ninja posting skills.

I want to know what has higher priority in WvW then this, haha.

sociablegnomes / ekleenex / swághili [Rekz]
“dodging saves lives.”

in WvW

Snowreap.5174

Even if this is the #1 WvW priority, it may require back-end server changes that are not the server team’s #1 priority.

-ken

in WvW

Posted by: Ojan.7264

Ojan.7264

I assume the majority of the people are like me and live in the US and play on the EU servers, and we’re really happy with current reset times. It resets shortly after I get home from work every day. So if I didn’t complete my dailies the night before I have time to do so, or if I did I don’t have to wait long to do them again. But if you change the times then it’ll be less optimal for me
To clarify for those who can’t tell the difference, I’m joking. Well, except for the part that I like the current reset times.

in WvW

Posted by: Bella.6432

Bella.6432

We’ve had to deal with this for 8 months, we don’t have a ‘major community event full of thrillz and excitement’, we have a caffeine-driven, groggy, wearying journey of perseverance and who falls asleep at their keyboard first. Not to mention my stomach’s rumbling the entire time – need moar noodles – don’t have time to go get food whilst leading; making everyone wait 5 minutes so you can go get food isn’t exactly a nice thing to do when they’ve stayed up ’til all hours in the morning to attend the event.

NA dudes, I know this sucks for you, it sucked for every EU player who wanted to get a decent night’s sleep each week, and for every EU player who doesn’t want to wake on Saturday feeling like a pile of kitten (which btw we do, trust me, I’ve done it) and for every EU player who can’t stay up until 5am in the morning due to irl constraints.

Can’t you guys deal with it for like one week, then you can shaft us again and we’ll continue bearing the burden for you like we’ve been doing for 8 months? I just want to sleep for once without feeling like I’m betraying my server/guildies…

You EU players certainly have my sympathy, you probably now have it from most of the other NA players .. It seems most of us never even knew of your plight with reset night. I mean, you are a seperate set of servers, we can’t guest there, and personally, I thought you were just like us.

I was under the assumption that if I decided to play on your servers, your reset would be at least 5 hours before the one I was used to because of the time difference, so instead of 7 or 8pm eastern, it would be at 2 or 3pm GMT.

Obviously I don’t read enough.. and tend to make assumptions based on what seems most logical. :P

I truly am sorry you guys have had to deal with this sort of thing for 8mos and that it’s taken this long to get any sort of solution that was at least somewhat beneficial for all of you. I honestly had no idea, I mean, there was no reason for me to even look at the goings on with EU servers seeing I didn’t and couldn’t play on them.

This doesn’t mean that I agree with what Anets done, with many of us already looking at other games because it took so long to fix WvW, the taking away of the one thing that kept us playing, the Friday night reset event, is sort of the nail in the coffin for many of us as far as GW2 goes.

We’ve lost many dedicated players in the past because of things not being fixed, causing WvW to lose it’s appeal to many. Recently it’s been so much better, we’ve even had PvE’ers who never WvW joining us on Friday nights as they began to discover how much fun WvW could be… and then Anet does this..

I’m sure people will adjust. For the EU players, I am glad that you’ve finally gotten Anet to listen, but for many of us NA players, I can’t help but be quite sad really. Our one big server wide event destroyed as so many will be unable to attend now.

Playing with them is what made it such a big deal, so much fun, and is the one thing that kept a lot of us in WvW and playing GW2 at all. Sure, many will still play regardless, but sadly, there will be many who will not.

This time change just shows how little Anet understands about the community we have on our servers, how important the players are to one another, and unfortunately, shows their lack of concern for us altogether, as they continually do things which cause us to be so disgruntled.

WvW being broken for MONTHS.. many people left after being so fed up.
EU? 8 Months of having a totally ridiculous reset time!??!
And now this fix — taking away reset night for a good portion of people on NA servers.

in WvW

Posted by: graverr.6473

graverr.6473

Funny how not even culling or skill lag got so much whining and they are far far far more gamebreaking than these mere 2 hour change in a once a week event .

Mini Somales -Seven Instincts- [siN]

in WvW

Posted by: Isaac.6041

Isaac.6041

Why is this issue even being given a priority. People were already acclimated to the previous reset time.

Change the reset time. Who cares, people are just going to get used to the new reset time. This doesn’t really add anything to the game. Don’t you guys have some real improvements to work on.

It seems it’s really much ado about nothing. Let’s see what’s been done recently.

1) Culling fixed. great.
2) T8 NA fixed. great (for T8, there were multiple threads about this)
3) Change the reset time (really? only a few people complained about it)

I can’t believe they’re choosing to focus on this very minor issue over other more important issues like tier stagnation, use of hacks, and overall improvement of the WvW experience. This change only benefits a few people (the ones that asked for it) on one day of the week.

in WvW

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

@Devin – Glad to hear that this being worked on. I just wish this had been the only priority vs making a short term change. All that did was increase the number of people who have an inconvenient reset time.

in WvW

Posted by: Rackhir Tanelorn.9123

Rackhir Tanelorn.9123

We are in the process of working out how/if we can split the NA and EU resets. For now, this change is the way going forward. It’s my hope we will have an update about this soon as I’ve made it a priority.

While the communication is appreciated, I hope you appreciate the message still is not.

There have been many Community-Proposed solutions that are far better than what ANet has chosen to go with Devon. Here are a summary of some of the best I’ve seen and I hope you take these to heart before holding with the current one:

• Rotating Reset Times (6 hour or 8 hour offsets)
  • Saturday 8am PST/15:00 UTC Reset
  • Friday 10am PST/17:00 UTC Reset

All of these improve the situation for EU players while either allowing greater overall participation at Reset (Rotating/Saturday) or hopefully reducing massive NA queues Reset Night while allowing EU to experience “Prime Time Reset” (Rotating/Friday).

As it is, your decision is having a massive negative impact on a huge number of NA WvW and PvX Guilds. I truly hope you take that into account with whatever you decide.

NAGA|TC

(edited by Rackhir Tanelorn.9123)

in WvW

Posted by: Vena.8436

Vena.8436

I can’t believe they’re choosing to focus on this very minor issue over other more important issues like tier stagnation, use of hacks, and overall improvement of the WvW experience. This change only benefits a few people (the ones that asked for it) on one day of the week.

You may want to realize that the server team, who’s problem this is, is not the WvW team. So… no.

Vena/Var – Guardian/Thief
[Eon] – Blackgate

in WvW

Posted by: Bella.6432

Bella.6432

I was writing my post, so didn’t see this until after I posted.

This is truly good to hear! And I’m sure restores some of the faith we’ve lost in you guys. Hopefully too, it will help us live with the time changes that have been made until you find out about splitting the resets.

Kudos for the effort and thank you.

in WvW

Posted by: Gab Superstar.4059

Gab Superstar.4059

@Devin – Glad to hear that this being worked on. I just wish this had been the only priority vs making a short term change. All that did was increase the number of people who have an inconvenient reset time.

Do you have statistics on this?

Very Good Detectives [VGD]
Devonas Rest 4 lyfe

in WvW

Posted by: Hickeroar.9734

Hickeroar.9734

For now, this change is the way going forward.

SMH. It’s a lousy change which messes up reset night for a huge portion of NA. Going forward is absolutely the wrong decision.

in WvW

Posted by: Bertrand.3057

Bertrand.3057

In the spirit of Bella’s post, apologies if I lashed out too broadly. Anyone who thinks the old EU reset time is better than the new NA one is obviously a troll or a very special person.

Bella, our community has pulled through this for 8 months and there will be a nice boost this reset. I am sure yours can be just as resilient, we’ve faced all the same WvW issues, and will even adapt to enjoy what positives a longer reset night brings.

Talleyrand, Captain and Commander of the Bloody Pirates
Asura on patrol in defense of Gandara and Bessie!
Administrator of http://thisisgandara.com