September 26th at 10:11 Yak's Bend Orb Fly Hacking

in WvW

Posted by: Onkarunseen.6859

Onkarunseen.6859

Gates of Madness Player, saw some weird movement of the orb and went to check it out. Heres what i saw. Saw a Yaks Bend Player doing a z-axis fly hack. This is a yaks bend player with the guild tag BV(Blackwater Vanguard).

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: Kracin.6078

Kracin.6078

thats it… im gonna roll one of the new Iron man classes.. these are definitely OP.

the fly hack seems to be pretty common now, bet it wont be around more than a few more weeks though. that is a huge game breaker and should be getting patched soon, or having some sort of auto ban upon detection coming at some point

in WvW

Onkarunseen.6859

Haha yeah GoM has been getting dumped on for having hackers, but in all honesty its all servers, unless its the same guys just switching servers. Funny thing is now were so used to it we just play through it. Just posting it because i actually caught it. If i hadn’t seen it i wouldn’t have even posted.

in WvW

Posted by: SoPP.7034

SoPP.7034

GJ gettin those screenies, must have been over in seconds.

As for Blackwater Vanguard…. teehee

A warrior, a guardian, and an elementalist walk into an open field…
The Warrior turns to the guardian and says, “Did you hear something?”
Guardian replies, “No, but how’d the elementalist die?”

in WvW

Posted by: fivekiller.1432

fivekiller.1432

if its any consolation we’re in worse shape now than before this.

I’m very ashamed of my fellow Yaks here. We’ve put up a good fight this week, we even grabbed the orb fairly from the BG borderland this morning and finally passed GOM in points.

This sort of behavior only serves to belittle those genuine accomplishments.

-Desirz Matheon

in WvW

Posted by: Kryptorchid.7620

Kryptorchid.7620

So I assume to emailed this to ArenaNet, right?

in WvW

Posted by: tarnin.1690

tarnin.1690

I was going to say “good, that’s how we lost ours” but meh, still crappy. As i said before, there has be no bannings so its become “well we can’t win because they cheat, they are still cheating, may as well cheat myself”.

in WvW

Posted by: etsmith.9025

etsmith.9025

looking at guild list for Yaks bend, i seee no guild by that name listed. did you right click the target and report? arena can then trace back to that character

in WvW

Posted by: Torres.2890

Torres.2890

This is also happening in other servers. There’s also people using a speedhack/teleporthack in sPvP.

Baruch Bay.

in WvW

Posted by: Bguk.1309

Bguk.1309

So horrible to see this on my server, let alone any server. Really hope this crap gets fixed asap. All we can do is report currently.

in WvW

Posted by: SoPP.7034

SoPP.7034

thats it… im gonna roll one of the new Iron man classes.. these are definitely OP.

What dance animation would it use?

A warrior, a guardian, and an elementalist walk into an open field…
The Warrior turns to the guardian and says, “Did you hear something?”
Guardian replies, “No, but how’d the elementalist die?”

in WvW

Posted by: Flying Dutchman.3214

Flying Dutchman.3214

Hmmmm. I was curious how we managed to get an orb last night. We’ve been getting stomped all week. I guess if you can’t beat em join em?

In all seriousness though, Fix the Hax Anet!

PvP Officer of You Are A Pirate [YAAR] (Yak’s Bend)
“Let our swords stay sharp until the Jolly Roger flies over all our enemies keeps!”

in WvW

Posted by: etsmith.9025

etsmith.9025

the orb last night was taken legitimately. the orb in post was taken this morning.

in WvW

Onkarunseen.6859

the orb last night was taken legitimately. the orb in post was taken this morning.

Ya this was taken at the time i posted.

in WvW

Posted by: fivekiller.1432

fivekiller.1432

@Flying Dutchman

A group of us worked together with several siege golems and some clever mesmer portals to quickly over run black gate on their home map and get the orb there. Another group did fine work elsewhere last night and we managed to secure two orbs legitimately.

This ill-gotten orb was short lived and a while after all of that. I assume after BG took their orb back from us.

not to diminish my distaste for this act. obviously this behavior is unacceptable no matter how long the orb is actually held. but there were some great achievements by many Yaks last night to get a orb and hold it for a while that had nothing to do with cheating.

-Desirz Matheon

in WvW

Posted by: Boose.6201

Boose.6201

Hey everyone, i am the guild leader of Blackwater Vanguard [BV]

I was alerted to this in game, i am looking into as fast as i can to take care of it.

We are smaller so hopefully it won’t take as long to find out, but i don’t know what ALTs the new members have.

This isn’t how our guild is/going to be ran and i am going to try and fix it and get it reported.

in WvW

Posted by: Clever.7918

Clever.7918

Thi happened on HoD server.

in WvW

Posted by: Deified.7520

Deified.7520

Hello. I am an officer with BV. I can confirm this picture and who it is. Today we were recruiting and a new person joined. I was about to leave for class 5-10 mins. He started saying how he was hacking and bla bla bla. I took screenshots of him admitting it, reported him for scamming (no real report button for hacking). I have no idea how to report him. But i can confrim that this person was hacking. I have screenshots of him admitting it in guild chat. If a GM or somebody who can handle this thing will get in contact with me, I will give you the name and screen shots if required. He seemed new (he didn’t even know what orbs looked like, where they were kept, etc).

in WvW

Deified.7520

And I’m sorry for this stupid person matt and whoever else is affected by it. I didn’t take him seriously, (kids make this stupid boast all the time). But I do have proof of him admitting it. I will get him kicked out of the guild asap.

in WvW

Posted by: Treize.7026

Treize.7026

Aw man… I was pretty happy with our server (Yak’s) after the fight we put up at Anza’s last night… Had a great time defending that place for half the night it seems, this kinda ruins that. Hopefully that dude eats a perma-ban.

in WvW

Posted by: WereDragon.6083

WereDragon.6083

Props to BV for taking care of this and not just sitting back and laughing. Shows guild quality. o7

What do we say to the god of death? Not Today….
Eleshod|80 Thief|Tarnished Coast
Malsavias|80 Necromancer| Tarnished Coast

in WvW

Deified.7520

Yeah, I’m really embarrased by this. We’re not a big guild. Recruitments hard these days. We dont have any requirements and we just recruit everyone, no matter level or class. This person seems young. (What idiot announces hes going to hack in a guild he just joined). Anyways, I tried sending him an email saying if he wants to join the guild to send me his player name (I’m not aware of the account names of players, only their char names and we had recruited a few people along with him), but the mail didn’t work. He might have been banned already.

in WvW

Posted by: Chronologist.9782

Chronologist.9782

I support this thread, on blackgate

in WvW

Deified.7520

Let me give you a bit of info. The perp in question did this around 1-2:30 server time. I reported him at that time and left for class. I just got home and have PMed a mod on the forums. We would have had 2 orbs then, 1 we got in all fairness, the other hacked. I am being told by other members of our server that we were hacked back to retake the orbs (someone else using fly hack, though no proof was taken). So don’t worry, we have no unfair advantage anymore haha. But again, i apologize. If the mod replies and we get this guy banned, i will reply with whats going on. Lets be patient with Anet, i’m sure they are working on getting these hacks fixed.

in WvW

Posted by: Clever.7918

Clever.7918

Good to see BV guild leader taking care of business!

in WvW

Posted by: Natural.7013

Natural.7013

Lol…ok I posted pics and named names a few weeks ago and got a warning.

in WvW

Posted by: Teknobug.3782

Teknobug.3782

Oh boy, I’m from Yak’s Bend and that makes me unhappy. I guess I’m glad I haven’t been able to get into WvW with the long queues in a few days now.

I’ve been hearing about the flying hack as well as the mesmer portal exploit, that didn’t take long for WvW to become ruined by hackers did it? Guess I’m not going to queue for a while, too bad because I got GW2 mainly for pvp.

Yak’s Bend WvWvW’er [Mount Phoenix Imperials]
Intel i7 3770K @ 4.5GHz | 8GB G.Skill DDR3 1600 ram | Gigabyte R9 280X 3GB (14.2)
Win 8 Pro 64bit

in WvW

Deified.7520

Alright guys. He has been successfully reported. The mod was nice enough to tell me how to. Now this post might get taken down, posting pics and what not is not allowed i think, so just to anyone who wants to know before this goes away, i did report him correctly and with the proof.

in WvW

Onkarunseen.6859

Alright guys. He has been successfully reported. The mod was nice enough to tell me how to. Now this post might get taken down, posting pics and what not is not allowed i think, so just to anyone who wants to know before this goes away, i did report him correctly and with the proof.

in WvW

Onkarunseen.6859

Hey guys thanks for the quick response and taking action. I know that this player does not represent your guild, or your server as we have had similar issues in Gates of Madness with hackers as well. Good luck to Blackwater Vanguard and all pvp’ers in general. We are here for fun, so nothing wrong with weeding out people who try and ruin it. Its come to a point that we are all tired of this and so used to it we just play through it. Hopefully these things balance out and the hacks are patched.

Have a great day, or night, and see you guys in game.

in WvW

Posted by: Deecee.2748

Deecee.2748

Yep, someone from Gates of Madness grabbed all 3 orbs using that exploit last
Friday. Gates of Madness are also currently exploiting their orb.

Hopefully these issues are fixed and the players are permabanned.

in WvW

Posted by: Nunna.6413

Nunna.6413

that is just sick, if they do nothing about it then what’s the point on playing wvw

in WvW

Posted by: hyttemaier.7950

hyttemaier.7950

Dear Arenanet, please give us some info how you will deal with this problem.

in WvW

Posted by: Cupcake.8341

Cupcake.8341

that is just sick, if they do nothing about it then what’s the point on playing wvw

Dear Arenanet, please give us some info how you will deal with this problem.

Disclaimer: I do not work for Anet and I don’t come from Yak’s Bend.

I think the issue is that you can’t see names of the opposition.

I’d imagine that Anet wouldn’t have some special tool to detect who it is unless someone from BV has said “HEY LOL I FLY HACKED” in their chat log and looks like the character in the screenshot, because I don’t think they can ban on assumption – Nor would it be fair to ban or disadvantage and entire guild or server for one person’s inability to play a computer game without resorting to pathetic tactics.

I doubt that they “Aren’t doing anything” it may be that they ARE doing things but different players from either the same guilds/servers are using the same tool. (Which can be hard to find if you consider that links can be shared through other forms of contact rather than chatlogs. GMs do not have dominion over other forms of outside correspondence because it is not by Anet and therefore would not have published logs.)

Keep in mind that the game being released to the general public is fairly new and the GM’s I’d imagine, could have orders not to speak on the issue (if it is being looked into and they release too much information, it could compromise catching the hackers as they could find ways to get around it faster than figuring it out themselves.)

I’d imagine that the GMs are employed with the Publisher rather than the developer – and therefore would be VERY on edge about hacking as a certain other game GW2 shares a publisher with was brought down within a few months due to people leaving because of botting and whatnot, so it’d be a VERY serious issue as to not repeat history.

Keep in mind, the GMs are NOT developers and therefore can only pass on information and pass approved correspondence to us.

With this in mind, please do not demand specific answers. Anet has said that they are cracking down on bots and with them sticking very closely to their word with many other things right now as well as trying to compromise with players – I’d give them the benefit of the doubt and saying it IS being dealt with, even without specifics.

in WvW

Posted by: BlueOrange.5740

BlueOrange.5740

As a Yak’s player, thanks Onkarunseen for reporting this with the GMs and giving us a timely reminder that we also have a house to keep in order. Thanks also to Deified and Boose for acting to keep our house in order.

in WvW

Posted by: Primexes.2165

Primexes.2165

As a Yak’s player, I have seen strong support and acknowledgement of Blackwater Vanguard response to this on our guild official forums… of which I am not allowed to name due to being a peon, but we were glad to see the strong response and responsibility by Blackwater Vanguard – and congratulate their leader on such an adamant and strong response.

We are doing very well as a community in rooting out those that wish to ruin our fun.

Pxs

in WvW

Posted by: Revenant.2691

Revenant.2691

Good job getting those screenshots OP, and major respect for BV for doing the right thing and reporting this guy. This kind of deplorable behavior ruins the game for all legitimate players. Hopefully it’ll be fixed soon… until then, I’mma level me some alts. WvW’s some of the mokittenn I’ve ever had in an MMO, but I always end up rage-quitting when something like this happens =/