[Serious] What purpose do you give Eotm now?

in WvW

Posted by: Willkilliam.5012

Willkilliam.5012

Eotm has been there for quite awhile and it was a basically a beta test for new things to implement in WvW but now it just sits there and count toward servers populations. If you go in to Eotm all you see is K-trains and that doesn’t sound like beta test to me. SO why not get rid of it?

in WvW

Posted by: Ben K.6238

Ben K.6238

Because when you delete things from WvW at this point, you’re not going to get them back in any form. At least if it’s still there, there’s motivation to find a use for it.

in WvW

Posted by: Willkilliam.5012

Willkilliam.5012

I feel like its just another thing that they have to maintain and instead could put those resources toward WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

Eotm has been there for quite awhile and it was a basically a beta test for new things to implement in WvW but now it just sits there and count toward servers populations. If you go in to Eotm all you see is K-trains and that doesn’t sound like beta test to me. SO why not get rid of it?

Eotm does not count toward wvw populations…

Just because you don’t like it and find no purpose to it, doesn’t mean others don’t feel the opposite.

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.

in WvW

Posted by: Xenesis.6389

Xenesis.6389

Eotm wasn’t a beta test for anything, don’t know where anyone got that idea, I don’t remember anything being thrown in there before wvw.

It was developed to help deal with heavy map queues that happened in the first year of wvw. It turned into a k-train since it was mostly uplevels in there and nothing is upgraded. It still is an area to level, just not as good as before.

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“Game over man, Game Over!” – RIP Bill

in WvW

Posted by: Joshhh.2076

Joshhh.2076

I don’t play it myself anymore, but I imagine its something to do when “normal” WvW is quiet, or your matchup is dead. Or its there as an alternative for people who want a more chill environment where they can run around giving zero kittens with (presumably) less salt.

Either way, people seem to still play it and enjoy it so I don’t see the need to remove it.

Gandaran.

in WvW

Posted by: Ben K.6238

Ben K.6238

There’s no time being spent on maintaining EotM – it hasn’t changed since 2014, so it’s not consuming development resources. It’s just another loose end in WvW at this point.

I’m optimistic that there might be some way to make better use of it in future. So I’d prefer it to stay around, even if I never go there myself.

in WvW

Posted by: Sartharina.3542

Sartharina.3542

I think EotM is a nice bridge between PvE and WvW.

in WvW

Posted by: Digikid.7230

Digikid.7230

Eh it’s fine, the players in EoTM are mostly PVE players getting some karma/exp, doesn’t really affect wvw at all.

Some guy on a bunch of servers, mostly Mag
Former top 50 spvp engi main.

in WvW

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

Mostly an open world PvX map.

I always thought it could be a giant hotjoin map where parties of upto 5 could join the lowest population side only and with volunteer rewards just like the spvp version.

Another route I would go with updating it is portals in the regular pve open world map tied to current LS and introduce events where you enter it and it takes you to a random location in EotM. Then they should add/update some relevant LS pve stuff to it for players to compete over.

in WvW

Posted by: Korgov.7645

Korgov.7645

EotM is for PvE players. It would be fair if it was migrated over to PvE, so that Living Story and whatnot would introduce new content and rewards to it.

Pack in the suitcase PvE designs from the desert borderland: vertical maze like layout, both old and new Jump Pads, hay bales, vertical portals in fire keep and around earth keep, earth keep mortar teleport pads, Lava Portals.

If EotM was on the PvE side, then maybe, just maybe, the profession balance team would give half a thought on large scale player vs player implications of their designs.

Good riddance.

Sulkshine – Mesmer
This won’t hurt [Much]
Ring of Fire

in WvW

Posted by: atheria.2837

atheria.2837

Wait, WHAT?

WvW and EoTM populations are connected STILL?

No wonder the populations are counted WRONGLY.

Anet, you are more abusive than any other MMO past or present.

If true, the game can be fixed to a huge degree by making sure one mode can’t affect the other.

How very evil! Stack EOTM, your server gets a bonus that others can not hope to fight at all?

The next MMO that doesn’t abuse players is going to make a lot of money and gain a lot of players from this game immediately.

Not keeping all IT jobs here is a major reason IT is so bad HERE. 33y IT 10y IT Security

in WvW

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

Wait, WHAT?

If true, the game can be fixed to a huge degree by making sure one mode can’t affect the other.

How very evil! Stack EOTM, your server gets a bonus that others can not hope to fight at all?

The next MMO that doesn’t abuse players is going to make a lot of money and gain a lot of players from this game immediately.

… eotm doesn’t count toward wvw population metrics.

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.

in WvW

Xenesis.6389

Wait, WHAT?

I nominate this for the wvw mistaken freak out post of the year.

North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.

in WvW

Posted by: Zephyra.4709

Zephyra.4709

Meh.

It’s a flow for some fun & giggles to be had (lol who doesn’t love rocking up with a guild and steamrolling PUGs once in a while just to stir the pot a bit?), although mostly lopsided due to server populations – probably when all BL’s are Q’d or when a side is doing bad/playing like a dog’s breakfast in WvW they go mess around in Edge.

I’d be pretty annoyed if I had no where to go stuck in PvE land Q’d up for WvW.

But you’re right in a way; it’s mostly plagued with kiddy k-train mentality.

in WvW

Posted by: Ragnarox.9601

Ragnarox.9601

EOTm is good way to level elite specs cause HoT maps were borring hard and multilevel clusterkitten. I will never go there again levelin some alt.

in WvW

Posted by: Me Kill You.9035

Me Kill You.9035

I play eotm on my P/P condi engi which I would probably never or rarely do in WvW. It’s also kind of just a change of scenery every once in a while.

Jade Quarry [TPA]

in WvW

Posted by: Jim Hunter.6821

Jim Hunter.6821

Eotm wasn’t a beta test for anything, don’t know where anyone got that idea….

" Edge of the Mists serves as a testing ground for the new features that may be introduced to WvW"

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Edge_of_the_Mists

Also known as Puck when my account isn’t suspended
LGN

in WvW

Xenesis.6389

Ok.. what was tested in there?

in WvW

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

Give you something to do when you have to faces BG in wvw. They need to let you do guild wvw mission in eotm.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

in WvW

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

They should add super cannons and more cliffs in normal wvw maps. I have tested both features lot in EotM and i can tell that those are very good features.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

It doesn’t count towards server pop, they explicitly said so.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in WvW

Posted by: Swamurabi.7890

Swamurabi.7890

It doesn’t count towards server pop, they explicitly said so.

Yeah, the “EotM counts towards WvW populations” and “the players voted for DBL” are the two biggest WvW myths

in WvW

Posted by: trueanimus.4085

trueanimus.4085

EOTM is bascially an overflow (or used to be) for wvw.. If you were in que, you would goto EOTM to wait til your que popped for wvw.. if you didnt like pve.

LOTS of people farmed there when they introduced ranks… so some people had diamond early on.

Then it became a training ground for wvw, sort of.. to show people how to move with a zerg etc.

Now its just… there.. havent been inside in at least 2 years.. so no clue.

oh and there is only one aspect of eotm that counts tword real wvw… when you win it puts supply in the spawn of all your teams wvw maps. Useful if your entire map is taken and you need supply to start retaking the map. But there is a drawback, there is nothing you can pop that gives you more than 15 supply from it.

It doesn’t count towards war score, map completion or anything else.. it is and always has been basically an overflow zone.

(edited by trueanimus.4085)

in WvW

Posted by: Shaogin.2679

Shaogin.2679

Yeah, I always understood EotM to be a WvW overflow zone. I still go there when the WvW maps are dead and I feel like doing a bit of zerging.

Doc Von Doom – Asuran Necromancer
Gate of Madness
Contribute to the Wiki MetaBattle Builds

in WvW

Posted by: Lady Deedra.3126

Lady Deedra.3126

I go to EOTM on a hammer guardian and hide by the middle tower place by the airport. I pull unsuspecting people to me, leap to the other side of them then JI into them and then banish them off the cliff. So basically golf. I go to EOTM to play Golf with people’s bodies.

Skjold Pjod
I am “That” guy you have all heard about.
1,073 precursors forged and counting.

in WvW

Posted by: anduriell.6280

anduriell.6280

I go to EOTM on a hammer guardian and hide by the middle tower place by the airport. I pull unsuspecting people to me, leap to the other side of them then JI into them and then banish them off the cliff. So basically golf. I go to EOTM to play Golf with people’s bodies.

same but easier can be done with a LB ranger + wolf. You should try that.

I TOLD YOU SO
Inverse to Apple: SBeast is the worst yet.. jurl jurl
I’m all in for Team Irenio!

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

EOTM is bascially an overflow (or used to be) for wvw.. If you were in que, you would goto EOTM to wait til your que popped for wvw.. if you didnt like pve.

EOTM should have been a literal overflow map for WvW but the big problem is it wasn’t and it became the main map for a lot of people, taking them away from WvW itself. Its one of the great mistakes in WvW development that anet has made.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in WvW

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

the original intention for EotM is for people who cannot get into WvW, but i think they forgot to put in place a condition that it should open only if all your WvW map are full. EotM has further reduced the WvW participation for the world with already low WvW population.

close EotM OR open it only if all 4 WvW maps are full, let people k-train in WvW map if they wish to, and WvW will be merry again. the fight guild will have more people to kill, isn’t that what they wish for?

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

(edited by azizul.8469)

in WvW

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

But they could close normal WvW because EotM is so much better.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

in WvW

Posted by: joneirikb.7506

joneirikb.7506

@azizul.8469

Seriously, if htey closed EotM, how many of the players do you think would bother returning to WvW? Personally I think most of them would just go back to PvE instead. Doubt you’d get as much as 5 more people per link at this stage.

@Junkpile.7439

Laughs Despite your usual trolling, we’re halfway there with the links. At this stage it isn’t unreasonable to start imaging going the rest of the way.

Elrik Noj (Norn Guardian, Kaineng [SIN][Owls])
“Understanding is a three edged sword: your side, their side, and the truth.”
“The objective is to win. The goal is to have fun.”

in WvW

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

its funny. eotm is meant to be for wvw map q overflow yet you can enter it anytime. so all it does is take away from wvw population. seems to me that whatever bonuses you get from eotm you could also get from wvw. I would rather have uplevels and pve people then no one at all, or tiny groups / collection of roamers and scouts which seems like what wvw is most of the time. I think the uplevel system could stand to be upgraded, maybe to 3k armor 20k hp baseline or something. with all of the noobs in the general wvw population, skill groups of 20 wiping a blob of 60 could be a popular thing again.

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE