Seriously? I have to go into WvW to get 100% explorer?

in WvW

Posted by: Darmikau.9413

Darmikau.9413

I’m sorry but that is absolutely ridiculous. I have 0 interest in WvW combat yet I have to have it forced down my throat in order to get a PvE based goal? You’ve got to be kidding me.

I already have to spend tons of gold teleporting between waypoints, fixing armor, and dealing with terrible drops and experience from PvE areas that are too low for my level, and now I also have to deal with a gametype I had absolutely no intention of playing – one that forces me to deal with real players who go out of their way to keep me from doing objectives that are trivial compared to the real goals.

I’m not sure who thought this would be a good idea, but they clearly never considered that massive grief potential in killing players who are trying to get exploration objectives rather than focusing on actual WvW goals. Needless to say having ANY goals inside the WvW arenas that aren’t specifically beneficial to WvW is completely counterintuitive in the first place.

Sorry Anet, but this is probably the biggest middle finger you’ve given the PvE community since you gut half the skills in GW1 for the sake of PvP balance before the skill split.

in WvW

Posted by: kriegerdeath.2053

kriegerdeath.2053

Not trying to be a prick but Lord of the Rings Online would be a perfect match for you.

Lvl 80 Human Ranger / Dark Prophecy / Stormbluff Isle

in WvW

Posted by: Lasica.5068

Lasica.5068

Free transfer to a server that has 100% control of the WvW map (there are a couple mentioned in threads today), run around and collect all the points you need for your explore achievement then transfer back.

Why make sense, when it’s so much more fun to make nonsense?

in WvW

Posted by: JemL.3501

JemL.3501

too easy i got all the wvw stuff like in the first days lol

I took an arrow to the knee

in WvW

Posted by: Nanglez.1354

Nanglez.1354

Haha what a ridiculous thing to complain about. If you haven’t explored the WvW, then you haven’t explored all of the games map and therefore don’t deserve 100% completion. It’s only logical that when you buy a PvP intensive game, that your going to have to enter the WvW at one stage or another.

Seriously cannot even tell if OP is serious or just stupid.

Get really buddy, much bigger issues to worry about then your own laziness.

in WvW

Posted by: Zee.7580

Zee.7580

Map completion isn’t a pve based goal it is a global MAP goal. And last time i checked WvW is a map.

in WvW

Posted by: shibuki.6934

shibuki.6934

It wouldn’t be a challenge if WvW wasn’t a part of the map completion.

It annoyed me at first, but then I realised that anybody with half a brain who plays the game would be able to get the 100% if it was only the PvE map.

Deal with it, and if you don’t like it, don’t go for 100%. The game isn’t forcing you to get it.

in WvW

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

World Completion doesn’t include Dungeon Maps nor SPvP Maps. Therefore there is no reason why it should include WvW Maps just because they are maps.
Forcing different game-modes is bad design. Allowing different game-modes is good design. Period.
What makes exploring WvW even worse that it relies on awkward mechanics: switching servers, not playing the gamemode as designed, waiting for team-color changes, waiting for change in WvW situation. Most importantly, these mechanics don’t exist with rest of the World Completion. This makes the World Completion progression broken.

My suggestion is: PvE World Completion, WvW World Completion, Dungeon World Completion, SPvP World Completion and optionally Master World Completion.

in WvW

Posted by: Keldrath.4735

Keldrath.4735

well there are poi’s vistas and skill points in each wvw map so yeah.

80 Necromancer/Guardian/Mesmer
Isle of Janthir
Super Ultra Mega Awesome [SUMA]

in WvW

Posted by: eladox.3457

eladox.3457

Dont buy a pvp game if you dont like it.

in WvW

Posted by: Kolisch.4691

Kolisch.4691

Pokemon game probably would suit you better. Although this is no diss to pokemon fans.

HoT = Grind Wars 2
HoT = WvW players forced to PVE

in WvW

Posted by: IdyllShade.7895

IdyllShade.7895

I’m sorry but that is absolutely ridiculous. I have 0 interest in WvW combat yet I have to have it forced down my throat in order to get a PvE based goal? You’ve got to be kidding me.

I already have to spend tons of gold teleporting between waypoints, fixing armor, and dealing with terrible drops and experience from PvE areas that are too low for my level, and now I also have to deal with a gametype I had absolutely no intention of playing – one that forces me to deal with real players who go out of their way to keep me from doing objectives that are trivial compared to the real goals.

I’m not sure who thought this would be a good idea, but they clearly never considered that massive grief potential in killing players who are trying to get exploration objectives rather than focusing on actual WvW goals. Needless to say having ANY goals inside the WvW arenas that aren’t specifically beneficial to WvW is completely counterintuitive in the first place.

Sorry Anet, but this is probably the biggest middle finger you’ve given the PvE community since you gut half the skills in GW1 for the sake of PvP balance before the skill split.

100% agree with you Darm. I abhor WvW, yet I’m forced to go there for map completion and monthy achievements – I am assured that the WvW players do not want me there, I don’t want to be there, but the mechanics of these game elements force unwilling partipants like myself to join for enormous amounts of time preventing players who actually like the format from getting through the queue.

in WvW

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

you also HAVE to wvw for legendary weapons. You need Gift of Battle for 500 honor badges.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

in WvW

Posted by: kaesebrezen.3104

kaesebrezen.3104

Play on a high pop server → hardest part about 100% completion is the WvW Queue
Play on a low pop server → near impossible to get 100% completion.

Usually no pvp bases combined with no chance of getting 100% completion… Not really much incentive for people to transfer to low population servers.

If you haven’t explored the WvW

You don’t have to explore the maps… the whole thing is visible from the beginning.

in WvW

Posted by: byolith.8160

byolith.8160

I can’t even pvp in WvW cause of the low fps, so I agree with the OP. ;__;

:: Gandara ::
- Rhéidyn :: Thief

in WvW

Posted by: Ajwz.7316

Ajwz.7316

-I really have a problem with this – I have tried ignoring the battle and just running around to all the point but the french have camped nearly all of them so I can’t get any

in WvW

Posted by: brandon.6735

brandon.6735

I agree.

I really don’t want to waste a spot in WvW to try to get the 100% map. I have a feeling a lot spot are being wasted for this.

Guardianhipster
Thiefhipster

in WvW

Posted by: Cameirus.8407

Cameirus.8407

Was originally not bothered by this, but on thinking about it, I agree. A PVE player shoudl not be forced to PVP and a PVP player should not be forced to PVE. Keep the world explorer 100% separate from WvWvW, put in a separate WvWvW 100% explorer.

in WvW

Posted by: SKYeXile.2716

SKYeXile.2716

Last night one of out allied guilds had an officer who needed a vista inside an enemy garrison, for that reason, we took the garrison with 4 Allied guilds.

Xile | TRF – GM | [AU] Trf-guild.com – Now Recruiting.

in WvW

Posted by: DKP.4196

DKP.4196

Map completion isn’t a pve based goal it is a global MAP goal. And last time i checked WvW is a map.

Sure about that? It might not be

But yes, its a global map goal, not a PvE based goal. I dont know where OP got his idea that the 100 Percent World Completion was PvE based.

Keep trying, or die trying. Never give up, never forgive. We will Desolate. – Desolation
Not A Message.

in WvW

Posted by: Slamz.5376

Slamz.5376

So you want credit for exploring the ENTIRE game.
But you don’t want to explore the entire game.
You only want to explore the parts of it that you like.
I’m sorry, there is no “just the parts you like” badge.

Incidentally, I have credit for exploring 100% of the real-life world.

(But only for the parts I like. I mean, who wants to explore Madagascar? There’s snakes and spiders and stuff there. I didn’t think it was fair to make me go there to get a “100% earth explored” badge.)

Camelot Unchained – from the makers of DAOC
A game that’s 100% WvW
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/13861848/camelot-unchained

in WvW

Posted by: Vim.7318

Vim.7318

I explored all of the 3 borderlands with my necromancer who was level 10 at the time. If your server is dominating it is pretty easy to pick them all up with a little bit of effort and not a lot of PvP. You just need to pick the right time if PvP isn’t your thing.

in WvW

Posted by: MadJoker.5132

MadJoker.5132

It’s really easy to get the exploring stuff in WvWvW. It just isn’t as fast, and cannot as simple be rushed. The thing is, whenever a new match begins, your server gets a random color which determines the starting position of the keeps etc. So to get the points in those areas you just have to wait until your server starts in that area and you can easily take the points. However, as it is random and the matches now start to get longer, this can well take over a month to do. But so what? Do you get something special from being fast? No. So don’t rush it, take your time, and in the end you will get to 100%.

I also agree with others, that this was known to be a PvP heavy game, that explorer stuff is in no way PvE related, and that for 100% world completion, you should have really seen everything in the game (personally I would even include dungeons).

in WvW

Posted by: Kokako.5791

Kokako.5791

*1, Harden up

*2, it’ll take you a whole, like, 2 hours.

*3, see *1

in WvW

Posted by: Eliteseraph.4970

Eliteseraph.4970

Also of note, many explore points can be obtained simply by running through the area, or suiciding to get it. Just take off all your armor so you don’t have to pay for repairs, and run through. Put it back on before skill challenges that require fighting tho.

Running around during off hours is another option. Pay attention to the map and the crossed swords symbols so you know where the fighting is in order to avoid it. Keep your eyes open for “INVADER” nametags.

Waiting until your server controls a keep to get those explorers can be a little bit annoying, but it’s not like you’re paying a monthly fee or anything, so there’s plenty of time. And you’re probably waiting on broken skill challenges to be fixed before getting completion anyway.

Talk to your server. Find out what times of day/night your people are dominating. Check the WvW maps regularly to see if the explorer you need is available.

If you’re really determined to get 100% completion, it’s not all that difficult to do without EVER seeing an enemy player. You just have to be smart about it.

Or you could just suck it up and learn to WvW. It’s actually a LOT of fun to run around a map with a huge zerg, putting up siege engines and using a battering ram to break down the gates. And it’s not like the movies. The ‘heroes’ don’t always win. Sometimes they get routed and beat down. Lucky for us we just respawn and try again.

in WvW

Posted by: Casia.4281

Casia.4281

its a completely reasonable complaint. And a poor design choice.

Borderlands are just cut/paste. its busy work at best.

Heavy load server- wait in queue. Wasting valuable spot in WvW on a purely pve objective.
Win or lose? A losing server won’t have control over areas, making getting some of the other colors very hard to actually get. or never.
Even a winning server might get stuck in green over and over, and thus making grabbing Blue and Red PoI, which are IN keeps, very hard to grab.

Moving PoI from inner courtyards, to gates would help. So you dont have to own a keep, just visit it.

Server colors are NOT random. And no longer swap daily. Green is #1 seed, Blue #2, Red #3. HoD has been Green for 4 weeks straight now. And even then, with week long, and later 2 week rotations, even servers that do rotate, will have a very hard time getting the KEEPS in EB.

in WvW

Posted by: Bull.5491

Bull.5491

I didn’t like it as well, but I got it done today within 2 hours. How? Free transfers. Just use them to the fullest extent now before they start costing you. Just transfer to a server that’s wrecking the other 2 servers and explore all the points that are available. If somehow the other 2 servers are holding 1-2 points, transfer to them and explore from their side. Between Eredon Terrace/Isle of Janthir/Sea of Sorrows, I only had to queue up for a maximum of 10 minutes about 2 hours ago. A lot of IoJ and SoS aren’t even bothering to do Wv3 since ET has capped almost everything. Take advantage of the free transfers now and get the explorer done. You won’t even run into any opposition most of the time.

Live today, for you may die tomorrow.
Life is too short to carry the baggage of hate.

in WvW

Posted by: Lifiane.5203

Lifiane.5203

Reverse complaint: people doing explorable map completion/jump puzzles as a vital keep is being sieged/taken.

Jump puzzlesshoul port players to a different zone, where they are removed from the que and returned to Lion’s Arch whn finished.

Denunciate — Ruin — ET
Mesmer.

in WvW

Posted by: Rolo.9248

Rolo.9248

I’m sorry but that is absolutely ridiculous. I have 0 interest in WvW combat

Have you tried it? …given it an honest go?

yet I have to have it forced down my throat in order to get a PvE based goal?

WvW was designed for folks not particularly interested in PvP.
In the original Guild Wars, cartography required mapping PvP areas as well. Up hills. Both ways. In the snow.

I already have to spend tons of gold teleporting between waypoints,

Did you take an arrow to the knee?

fixing armor

Ah, I see, you have. Perhaps re-examine your strategy (build) and tactics (see arrow, move knees; see hostiles, move knees, see friendlies, move knees).

and dealing with terrible drops and experience from PvE areas

I’ve observed two different loot tables always in effect: one for the area and one for the player; I get level-appropriate drops even in far lower-level areas. Besides, the TP has better loot.

and now I also have to deal with a gametype I had absolutely no intention of playing

Why not? Give it a go ol’ boy! You may enjoy it.

one that forces me to deal with real players who go out of their way to keep me from doing objectives that are trivial compared to the real goals.

You’re condemning something based on assumption? tsk tsk

I’m not sure who thought this would be a good idea,

Perhaps the folks who called it Guild Wars.
Perhaps they thought that this would be a way to get some out of their shell (don’t get me wrong: I like my shell, it’s safe and comfortable) and quash assumptions.

but they clearly never considered that massive grief potential in killing players who are trying to get exploration objectives rather than focusing on actual WvW goals.

Have you experienced this? No. Why go on about it?
Besides, killing the enemy is a part of WvW goals. Why not find WvW goals being worked and go with the flow and discover your areas along the way? (worked for my cartography)

Needless to say having ANY goals inside the WvW arenas that aren’t specifically beneficial to WvW is completely counterintuitive in the first place.

Are they even mutually exclusive? (people who have actually played WvW say ‘no’)

- Because you inferred it does not mean they implied it (c’mon..give Anet more credit than that)
- They tried to keep it unified but, after hard effort, they split the skills; I, for one, appreciate the significant undertaking Anet took upon itself and gave us awesome games as a result

My advice is to really, really get out of the Trophy Generation mentality.

i5-2500K 4.2GHz | 8GB Mushkin DDR3-2133 | Gigabyte Z68XP-UD4, GTX580-882/2033
Crucial m4 128GB SSD (64GB SRT cache) | WD 2TB 2002FAEX | Antec Twelve Hundred
When I was your age, I could outrun a centaur…until I took an arrow to the knee

in WvW

Posted by: Dysaniac.9734

Dysaniac.9734

Gamer’s today: complain when there’s not enough content, still complain when additional content is made. Can’t win.