Seriously how is this being ignored

in WvW

Posted by: Nikkinella.8254

Nikkinella.8254

If ele can’t vapor form through doors than thief shouldn’t be able to go into doors while stealthed. Oh and just so you know, you can get inside a door when you’re downed as a thief if you’re close enough. go try it. Shadow Escape will teleport you inside the door if you’re close enough.

in WvW

Posted by: lunyboy.8672

lunyboy.8672

If such a ridiculous escape mechanism can be tolerated – Anet said (and I paraphrase): “just ignore him and move on because you will never be able to catch the Thief” – then how is the Ele mist form state broken at all?

Because it is an INVULNERABLE mist form. It can’t be cced, chilled, crippled or rooted, and even after the nerf of the normal mist form (which also nerfed engineers, because… why not, right?) this is still the most OP downed state ability on a WAY too quick charge up.

I get it, SOMEONE has to have the most OP ability when downed, but why does a profession with decent to good combat movement get the BEST downed state movement when other professions haven’t been balanced up to it? Or even had the bugs worked out of theirs?

Necros had (and may still have) 1/3 the HP when down, Rangers can bug and go invulnerable, If I am blinded, my AoE explosion hits nothing… unlike a guardian bubble, and it’s charge up is longer than 2 FULL STOMPS.

Come on. The QQing is because other professions don’t have access to good, non-buggy downed states, and if they were on par, without being absolutely equal, people wouldn’t complain so much.

But a Thief? Who shouldn’t GET caught? And has both a stealth AND a teleport, complaining about OP downed skills?

Really man? Come on. I will tell you what the thieves who used to stomp me say;

roll one and quit complaining.

Miss Fisthammer – Engineer | Urgard Fistorsen – Guardian
Physti – Elementalist | Fistful of Blades – Thief
[WHIP] Quaggan Slavers – HoD

in WvW

Posted by: Shemsu.8721

Shemsu.8721

If ele can’t vapor form through doors than thief shouldn’t be able to go into doors while stealthed. Oh and just so you know, you can get inside a door when you’re downed as a thief if you’re close enough. go try it. Shadow Escape will teleport you inside the door if you’re close enough.

Just tested. You are wrong, thief cannot port through door while downed

in WvW

Posted by: Hanibull.5124

Hanibull.5124

As an Ele, I completely support nerfing downed Mist Form so it cannot pass through doors… as long as the perma-stealth Thief build is also removed from game.
Otherwise, suck it up.

in WvW

Posted by: katniss.6735

katniss.6735

Seems like every day someone is complaining about another class until they get their way, and that class loses something.

Stop trying to ruin more things for an already squishy class. Hey, you downed the ele not because you’re more skilled, but because they probably had no cds left, and you didn’t anticipate using an immobilize, or didn’t have one up at the time. Too bad for you. Why are you fighting eles in front of portals anyway? That’s like fighting perma-stealth thieves and chasing them all over the map. It’s pointless.

Eles took 2 huge hits: mobility reduction, and using healing skills in mist form. And after the resent patch, with all the new dots and fears, it’s even harder to cleanse. D/D is becoming terrible compared to other weapon sets because of endless whinging on the forums.

Vapor form is not more powerful than other classes. Look how godly the healing is of ranger down state. If you don’t spike them, you’ll be sitting there for another minute trying to out-damage it. Refuge/timewarp/warbanner rezzing is also un-preventable. Everyone is entitled to their own set of life-saver abilities.

Server: Maguuma – Leafy Lass – Elementalist (WvW)
Guild: Bill Murray [Bill]/ [DERP]
twitch.tv/mlgw2

in WvW

Posted by: SoPP.7034

SoPP.7034

Thieves… even their posts are annoying.

I hope thieves get nerfed again before ele’s do. I just love to read their posts on forums, they have so much nerd rage. Buff mist form! Nerf stealth!

A warrior, a guardian, and an elementalist walk into an open field…
The Warrior turns to the guardian and says, “Did you hear something?”
Guardian replies, “No, but how’d the elementalist die?”

in WvW

Posted by: Nikkinella.8254

Nikkinella.8254

Then that is something new. Must have stealth nerfed it in the last patch. Hehe kinda funny they did it in stealth

in WvW

Posted by: Shemsu.8721

Shemsu.8721

As an Ele, I completely support nerfing downed Mist Form so it cannot pass through doors… as long as the perma-stealth Thief build is also removed from game.
Otherwise, suck it up.

Haha. Why would you want that? That would mean even more full zerk insta give thieves (now with 1500 range) a thief permanently in stealth is a thief permanently not attacking = 0 threat

in WvW

Posted by: TyPin.9860

TyPin.9860

U said it. You can’t catch a competent thief. But any ele can escape back into keep. The big difference here is, that u don’t need any skill as ele to go back into keep. The other difference is, that the ele already “lost”. He is down, he just needs to be stomped and no number of ppl can stop the ele from going back. However, if the thief is outnumbered heavily, he can be stopped, no matter his skill. So ele near tower/keep = invincible as long as the tower/keep still stands.

[ROSE] – Fissure of Woe
Chronomancy works, I am proof of it. Now stop asking me questions. Time must be preserved!

in WvW

Posted by: Caffynated.5713

Caffynated.5713

“You can’t down a thief at all. I down so many eles that I get all ragey when a few escape into a tower. Ele OP.”

Dat thief logic.

“We recognize that the changes to [ele] will essentially remove it from play. In the future,
we may consider whether or not there is an incarnation of [ele] that would be viable
but balanced. For now, we do not expect it to see serious use.” – ANet

in WvW

Posted by: Kallist.5917

Kallist.5917

Im pretty sure there was a change long a few months ago that stated that they changed it so they couldnt do this anymore. Clearly the patch didnt work, and they are still able to do it. Its kittening stupid. They dont do any damage running out there and dying, but you cant stop them from keeping on and doing it ether. Thief lost his Random shadow step while downed ability, remove the Ele’s Mist form ability.

in WvW

Posted by: Kallist.5917

Kallist.5917

Then that is something new. Must have stealth nerfed it in the last patch. Hehe kinda funny they did it in stealth

Its not new, and has never been part of any patch. Ive been here since the first beta, and a Thief has never been able to do that.

in WvW

Posted by: Korsbaek.9803

Korsbaek.9803

Then why have I never had a problem doing it? The second you see them hit the floor, you immobilize them. Works every single time. I don’t know what you’re doing wrong that you can’t do it when everyone else can. Maybe your timing is off.

You seem to be a bit slow so let me explain this more.

An elementalist enter downstate. As soon as he enters downstate ALL conditions are cleared. He also gets 1 second of INVULNERABILITY, meaning you can’t apply immobilize. During that one second of invulnerability, he can use vapor form, which grants invulnerability for its duration. And remember: You can’t immobilize someone who is invulnerable. Since he is invulnerable, he also ignores any other form of CC, such as line of warding. The elementalist, who is invulnerable, proceeds to enter he keep, while still invulnerable. And again: You can’t immobilize someone while they are invulnerable.

As you can see, there is no point from the moment the elementalist enters downed, until after vapor form drops, that you can immobilize him. The elementalists youve been fighting are just bads that don’t know what they’re doing.

Did you know we can’t cross a Line of Wrading while Vapor form (downed state)?
We arent that invulnerable, it’s not like we have stability, but indd direct immo-skills have no effects..
That’s why ppl need to learn to immo right before ele’s drop (rangers are pro at it, no mistake)

cheers

10k kills in wvw and you still dont even know your own class? After playing my ele in spvp, I can confirm that you CAN pass line of warding in vapor form. Invulnerability basically: Grants stability, Reduces all damage taken to 0, and prevents the application of conditions.

Immobilize is a condition. All conditions are cleared upon entering downed state. Immobilizing an ele prior to him being downed in order to prevent him from entering the keep is a moot point as it will be removed as you down him.

Question: How do you stop an ele from entering a keep when he has -97% immobilize duration?

you can pass line of warding under some conditions but under otheres you cant(given that i have stopped eles with warding skills before when they vapored into them) tho that might been a bug in wvw thats not precent in spvp tho

Commander Korsbaek lvl 80 Guardian
Ayano Yagami lvl 80 ele

in WvW

Posted by: hackdZ.6352

hackdZ.6352

USUALLY wouldn’t reply to this sort of kitten post, but i guess OP critical success’d on his enrage roll..

OP -> I suppose i understand what it is that you’re trying to hint at – that mist / vapor form is overpowered yadda yadda..

But your justification seems a bit..how can i put this? childish? IDK, just the way i read it sounded like this . WAAAAAAAAA THIEVES SKILL GETS NERFED BUT ELES DONT GET NERFEDED TOO?!

If you’re going to try and justify a skill being nerfed or losing it’s current form for another, please don’t whine and kitten about your class’s own nerfs. It really makes you sound petty.

I don’t think that’s what he’s saying at all. (I’m not saying I agree either but…)

It’s more to do with Ele’s ability to get up from downed state and then get through the Keep Door to revive.

I think essentially what OP is saying is that, Ele’s can bypass a zerg that are attacking a keep, by running at them with their face, and mist forming through the portal.
Which completely invalidates any attempt to cut off reinforcements from the tower/keep/etc.

in WvW

Posted by: Zephyrus.9680

Zephyrus.9680

I think essentially what OP is saying is that, Ele’s can bypass a zerg that are attacking a keep, by running at them with their face, and mist forming through the portal.
Which completely invalidates any attempt to cut off reinforcements from the tower/keep/etc.

No because mist/vapor form is very limited range. That’s not an argument anyway. What about thief that can stealth into the tower or mes that can AoE stealth and/or just portal? Or warrior that can endure pain+break CCs. Many classes can get through if you’re just balling at the door.

Zefyres – Ele | Maguuma | (ex) top100 solo/teamQ casual | Youtube

(edited by Zephyrus.9680)

in WvW

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

Look at all the bad eles thinking it’s fine they can mist form to safety regardless of how they play before they get downed.

Seriously… no you shouldn’t be able to suicide bomb a group trying to take a tower with multiple eles… and then mist form (instantly available on down) back inside and then repeat. It’s not a big deal if it’s just one ele… but in larger numbers they can man multiple siege or suicide bomb. That’s when it becomes a problem.

No because mist/vapor form is very limited range. That’s not an argument anyway. What about thief that can stealth into the tower or mes that can AoE stealth and/or just portal? Or warrior that can endure pain+break CCs. Many classes can get through if you’re just balling at the door.

You can kill the ones that stealth… they aren’t immune to damage/wardings/marks. A warrior can not lightning flash, vapor form, then mist form to get into a portal, they have far more limited range (Seriously… lol @ Ele’s “limited range”). For the portal to work the mesmer must already be inside… and then they need to reach the other people to drop the 2nd part….

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

(edited by Aberrant.6749)