Server Combos - NA

Server Combos - NA

in WvW

Posted by: Luvpie.8350

Luvpie.8350

I think it’s fair to say that 3 months is TOO long to ‘beta’ different server combos to create any sort of balance. Anet really needs to try shorter time (min 3weeks or Max 6 weeks) to try to ‘combine’ different servers in WvW so that glicko spreads out and filters down to create dynamic matches every week. Glicko is already starting to settle and it looks like kitten,T3,T4 will have gaps once again that will lock these servers. Stale matchups every week ruin the fights/game. In my experience JQ has had lots of fun in T2 because we have had a different matchup every week with different server coming up from T3 and coming down from T1. We really need to keep this going.

Apply @ Fang-Gaming.US
Follow @twitch.tv/Luvpie

Server Combos - NA

in WvW

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

They need time, to see how many of rerturners will go away again, and then make adjustments to it again.

Servers population are very unstable…. it needs time.
Altough i feel the result will be always the same….

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

Server Combos - NA

in WvW

Posted by: Teon.5168

Teon.5168

Yea, I believe the quarterly schedule on server pairings is more for Anet to analyze the data, make changes, prep changes, etc…..

Ideally, I would like to see the pairings change about every month, if they keep this system after beta.

Forum discussions -
Mmo players with a screw loose vs mmo players with two screws loose. All very important stuff.
-Zenleto-

Server Combos - NA

in WvW

Posted by: Jaina Ashlynn.1043

Jaina Ashlynn.1043

Yea, I believe the quarterly schedule on server pairings is more for Anet to analyze the data, make changes, prep changes, etc…..

Ideally, I would like to see the pairings change about every month, if they keep this system after beta.

How many people would be willing to pay the transfer fee potentially every month in order to play with the locked server they want to or with their guild that is on a locked server?

Anvil Rock: Beta →Friday 13th 1/13/2017
Crystal Desert: 1/13/2017

Server Combos - NA

in WvW

Posted by: Nate.3927

Nate.3927

How many people would be willing to pay the transfer fee potentially every month in order to play with the locked server they want to or with their guild that is on a locked server?

hopefully not many, that way people will actually spread out properly.

Server Combos - NA

in WvW

Posted by: Jaina Ashlynn.1043

Jaina Ashlynn.1043

I’d fall under the “not many” category. My guild is locked on BG and I have no desire to transfer to ET in order to run guild WvW missions due to potential shuffling of linked servers. The guild leader even told me they’d pay for the transfer, but why waste resources if in a couple of months, ET gets linked to another server.

Anvil Rock: Beta →Friday 13th 1/13/2017
Crystal Desert: 1/13/2017

Server Combos - NA

in WvW

Posted by: Nate.3927

Nate.3927

I’d fall under the “not many” category. My guild is locked on BG and I have no desire to transfer to ET in order to run guild WvW missions due to potential shuffling of linked servers. The guild leader even told me they’d pay for the transfer, but why waste resources if in a couple of months, ET gets linked to another server.

you can actually still do some of them even if you’re not on the same server e.g. fairly sure the OS mission and the WvW Rank missions are all doable while not on the same server.

Server Combos - NA

in WvW

Posted by: Xenesis.6389

Xenesis.6389

Since it is beta testing they should probably try switching links every 4 weeks or so. The problem is if it’s kept short, players will be unwilling to move and spread out.

Ultimately I’m sure that’s what they would like to see happen, if players are having problems with queues on say BG for a while then maybe they would be willing to move servers(fat chance), but they would have to move to the lower population servers to jump to a server in the higher matchups.

As it is, it looks like T1/2 will have a rotation and having fun with that, T3 has a good chance to roll up into T2, while T4 is close to being stuck in a glicko hole of almost 200 points behind and leeching off themselves with no one wanting to transfer there.

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“Game over man, Game Over!” – RIP Bill

Server Combos - NA

in WvW

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

while T4 is close to being stuck in a glicko hole of almost 200 points behind and leeching off themselves with no one wanting to transfer there.

And guilds are starting to leave T4. Remember, these were the middle-tier servers before server linking. Three months does seem like a long time.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

Server Combos - NA

in WvW

Posted by: Xenesis.6389

Xenesis.6389

while T4 is close to being stuck in a glicko hole of almost 200 points behind and leeching off themselves with no one wanting to transfer there.

And guilds are starting to leave T4. Remember, these were the middle-tier servers before server linking. Three months does seem like a long time.

Yup, Ehmry just lost 2 of it’s biggest guilds, thinking of getting one of my accounts back up into T1/2 again cause it seems like it’s could be a lot of fun, even T2 right now is a really close match with a 9k spread.

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“Game over man, Game Over!” – RIP Bill

(edited by Xenesis.6389)

Server Combos - NA

in WvW

Posted by: BOA smid.1783

BOA smid.1783

T3 is losing guilds to BG/T1 as well. Funny how the stacking hasn’t stopped even as people are still crying for population balance. Servers being able to roll up/down a tier and being able to be competitive in those tiers when they get there are completely different things. There is still a population difference between the different tiers that caused those glicko walls to begin with. No one wanted to roll up/down a tier and either be rolled by superior numbers all week or run over the competition for the entire week. Only way for these match-up changes to be anywhere near fun enough to encourage those walls to not get rebuilt is to actually truly achieve some sort of population balance. Currently we do not have that and T1 is stacking just like old times.

(edited by BOA smid.1783)

Server Combos - NA

in WvW

Posted by: Sus.3610

Sus.3610

T3 is losing guilds to BG/T1 as well. Funny how the stacking hasn’t stopped even as people are still crying for population balance. Servers being able to roll up/down a tier and being able to be competitive in those tiers when they get there are completely different things. There is still a population difference between the different tiers that caused those glicko walls to begin with. No one wanted to roll up/down a tier and either be rolled by superior numbers all week or run over the competition for the entire week. Only way for these match-up changes to be anywhere near fun enough to encourage those walls to not get rebuilt is to actually truly achieve some sort of population balance. Currently we do not have that and T1 is stacking just like old times.

The top tier servers are “stacking”, but they aren’t stacking themselves. They are stacking their lower tier counter part. Guilds go to the lower ranked server to play with the higher tier server (b/c they can’t go to the higher tier server). This in and of itself could balance populations from top to bottom “IF” ANet somehow locks down transfers (though I don’t see this happening since transfers = $$$). I know many guilds would be pretty upset if they got locked into a lower tier server and then had to play on a lower tier match up (that, say, maybe didn’t get as well stacked on other servers).

I’m interested to see what comes of this after beta. I’ve been enjoying Mag (who said that? looks around) and have been working to become an active part of their server play, but it would be cool to get linked with someone indefinitely so I could put down my roots proper though.

Barricka
Leader of [GIT] Git Off My Lawn
Devona’s Rest

Server Combos - NA

in WvW

Posted by: Liston.9708

Liston.9708

Apparently they are hung up on the quarterly number per Reddit. Will lmao when ET server status becomes very high or full (unless of course Anet has now locked statuses as well)

YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→most likely YB

Server Combos - NA

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

The top tier servers are “stacking”, but they aren’t stacking themselves. They are stacking their lower tier counter part. Guilds go to the lower ranked server to play with the higher tier server (b/c they can’t go to the higher tier server). This in and of itself could balance populations from top to bottom “IF” ANet somehow locks down transfers (though I don’t see this happening since transfers = $$$). I know many guilds would be pretty upset if they got locked into a lower tier server and then had to play on a lower tier match up (that, say, maybe didn’t get as well stacked on other servers).

With the model they’ve chosen they need to redo linkages often and they need to increase the cost of transfers so the bandwagoners can’t just jump from ET to BG’s next partner when it changes for 100 gold which can be earned easily.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

Server Combos - NA

in WvW

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

Guilds go to the lower ranked server to play with the higher tier server (b/c they can’t go to the higher tier server). This in and of itself could balance populations from top to bottom “IF” ANet somehow locks down transfers (though I don’t see this happening since transfers = $$$).

I don’t believe this. Do you? Guilds will move again so they can fight different guilds. Tyler’s message on Reddit said 4-6 matches for glicko to stabilize. I don’t think it should be allowed to stabilize, TBH.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

Server Combos - NA

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

With the model they’ve chosen they need to redo linkages often and they need to increase the cost of transfers so the bandwagoners can’t just jump from ET to BG’s next partner when it changes for 100 gold which can be earned easily.

100g, 200g, it doesnt matter. As long as people can do it, they will. And when GW2 WvW become a race to not play WvW and instead farm gold in PvE for the next transfer, it will become a kittenty game.

Server Combos - NA

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

100g, 200g, it doesnt matter. As long as people can do it, they will. And when GW2 WvW become a race to not play WvW and instead farm gold in PvE for the next transfer, it will become a kittenty game.

Then as I and others have said they need to change the entire structure of WvW cause the mode is kittened.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

Server Combos - NA

in WvW

Posted by: Humphrey Bear.2698

Humphrey Bear.2698

Next world linking should look like this going by rankings /populations

1-no linking
2-24
3-23
4-22
5-21
6-20
7-19
8-18
9-17
10-16
11-15
12-13-14

And increase transfer prices for the 23rd and 24th rank server .

Server Combos - NA

in WvW

Posted by: Fatherbliss.4701

Fatherbliss.4701

Guilds go to the lower ranked server to play with the higher tier server (b/c they can’t go to the higher tier server). This in and of itself could balance populations from top to bottom “IF” ANet somehow locks down transfers (though I don’t see this happening since transfers = $$$).

I don’t believe this. Do you? Guilds will move again so they can fight different guilds. Tyler’s message on Reddit said 4-6 matches for glicko to stabilize. I don’t think it should be allowed to stabilize, TBH.

Maybe not guilds. I’m quite certain individual players are moving around to the lower tier servers. Why not? From what I’ve heard moving to some of those lower tier servers is 500 gems. People like to win. Coverage does that. Which is odd because sleeping without anything on is much more enticing.

I agree with you about the glicko stabilization. If we get some surprises each week with servers moving up and down throughout the tiers glicko will continue to spike. Plus this is still in beta. I think.

Leader of Goats of Thunder [GOAT]
Tarnished Coast: Bringing the Butter to you (no pants allowed)