Server Linking EU biggest Joke ever!

in WvW

Posted by: Ghostdogk.3280

Ghostdogk.3280

Desolation, Gandara, Far Shiverpeaks dont need any linked server! these servers are strong without any linking, they have much and strong wvw players. next time pls link low servers like Ruins of Surmia+Vaabi etc. for servers that play alone its just too much sometimes! i think this linked server has 24/7 maybe 30-40+ players on the map, its just too much!

pls anet keep an eye on that! sorry for my bad english

in WvW

Posted by: Threather.9354

Threather.9354

Well yes these servers are strong but I wouldnt say theyre much.

Servers like Kodash and Piken can get queues on 3-4 maps on primetime, gandara and deso can cover maybe 1 map.

They just have active playerbase that plays outside primetime so they got linked, as linking is based on numbers of active players, not how many hours are covered. Maybe just make your server “more fun” and organised to play in so the people would cover more hours instead of just logging in for a few hours a week? Gandara and Deso both have Active/working community guilds so they dont have trouble gathering numbers, how is your servers community guild faring?

Anyways, Vabbis got active because they were linked to Deso, RoS is getting active now because being linked to Deso. Its just up to which server is fun to play in.

Diamond Rank Copyrights [CR]
EU Roamer, Dueler, Commander, Fighter, Scout

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

You’re idea of servers in random tiers (deso and gandara being T1 while FSP being T4) being “too strong” per your definition assumes that their tier position is static and they are never supposed to meet any stronger servers, only equal or weaker.

Then wtf is the entire point of having matchmaking and rankings?

in WvW

Posted by: Aezyr.5304

Aezyr.5304

Servers like Kodash and Piken can get queues on 3-4 maps on primetime, gandara and deso can cover maybe 1 map.

They just have active playerbase that plays outside primetime so they got linked, as linking is based on numbers of active players, not how many hours are covered. Maybe just make your server “more fun” and organised to play in so the people would cover more hours instead of just logging in for a few hours a week? Gandara and Deso both have Active/working community guilds so they dont have trouble gathering numbers, how is your servers community guild faring?

Anyways, Vabbis got active because they were linked to Deso, RoS is getting active now because being linked to Deso. Its just up to which server is fun to play in.

Piken has eventualy a queue on EB and/or one border IF there is a big name commander is tagging up. There wasn’t any queue on 3+ maps since after the week we got alpine back.
However we have people playing outside of prime time.

in WvW

Posted by: Threather.9354

Threather.9354

Piken has eventualy a queue on EB and/or one border IF there is a big name commander is tagging up. There wasn’t any queue on 3+ maps since after the week we got alpine back.
However we have people playing outside of prime time.

I guess, what I heard, from a piken commander, is that piken has 3-4 comms on primetime on though, while deso has 1, 2 rarely. Guess Pikens just scattered while Desos blobbing

Diamond Rank Copyrights [CR]
EU Roamer, Dueler, Commander, Fighter, Scout

in WvW

Posted by: Ins.7139

Ins.7139

You’re idea of servers in random tiers (deso and gandara being T1 while FSP being T4) being “too strong” per your definition assumes that their tier position is static and they are never supposed to meet any stronger servers, only equal or weaker.

Then wtf is the entire point of having matchmaking and rankings?

Glicko deviation got reset and as from reset it will be 4 international servers top ranked. Gonna be fun for first 1-2 weeks before it’s clear who dominates and everyone bandwagons to the linked server till the next relinking lol

[PT] Ins For Da Waaagh
www.twitch.tv/ins_for_da_wagh
PuG Commander, blobbing it up since 2012!

in WvW

Posted by: Cybil Song.2359

Cybil Song.2359

Welcome to Server grouping magic. That’s about to be the standard for everyone.

in WvW

Posted by: gloflop.3510

gloflop.3510

NA-servers are easy to link. EU-servers with the language restrictions pretty hard. We dont have insights into the player statistics. Hence, we have to trust the ones who have that they make the best decisions.

in WvW

Posted by: Gunner Morton.8340

Gunner Morton.8340

Yeah, this population (im)balance is amazing.

Attachments:

I used to play WvW on Gunnar’s Hold, then I took a flawed serverlink to the knee.

in WvW

Posted by: Belenwyn.8674

Belenwyn.8674

Ring of Fire is still too weak. It cannot compete with Abaddon and Gunnar. This will last six more weeks. This is one reason why players voted for monthly reevalutations.

(edited by Belenwyn.8674)

in WvW

Posted by: Deniara Devious.3948

Deniara Devious.3948

The screenshot really proves nothing. You don’t seem to have any outnumbered “buff” at the moment, so either you just got wiped or the 3rd server has even smaller numbers.

I have been commanding and playing roughly half of my WvWvW time with that outnumbered “buff” on my side, granted recently Desolation has been having good numbers. I have even tagged up to have just 1 guy on my tag and that 1 guy has been level 2 (nowadays you to be at least level 60 to enter WvWvW with a free account).

Just let the enemy blob roll over the gates and capture something at the other end of the map. Don’t give up!

Deniara / Ayna – I want the original WvWvW maps back – Desolation [EU]

in WvW

Posted by: Gunner Morton.8340

Gunner Morton.8340

You don’t seem to have any outnumbered “buff” at the moment, so either you just got wiped or the 3rd server has even smaller numbers.

Obviously ROF has even smaller nummers, the current scoring, posts from ROF folks in this thread and my observations ingame all confirm this, so this is why we didn’t have the buff.

I used to play WvW on Gunnar’s Hold, then I took a flawed serverlink to the knee.

in WvW

Posted by: Ikihiki.2316

Ikihiki.2316

Just hilarious, that Gunnar’s Hold’s player complains getting zerged.

Ring Of Fire is outnumbered most of the day, suffering both Abbadons Mouth’s and Gunnar’s Hold’s simultaneous 30+ men raids against us.

Or you were joking about imbalance, right?

Go big or go home

Im on fire in Ring of Fire

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

EU kind of got shafted with the fixes they made universally for NA. We were fine before.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

in WvW

Posted by: Hoaxintelligence.4628

Hoaxintelligence.4628

EU kind of got shafted with the fixes they made universally for NA. We were fine before.

+1

Sît[MII]Ultimate Dominator
U N D E R W O R L D
W v W-r o a m e r

in WvW

Posted by: Deniara Devious.3948

Deniara Devious.3948

How so?

Actually there isn’t currently any blow out match ups (100k + or bigger lead), except for Vizunah Square + Arborstone, F. Ranik vs Augury Rock and Dzagonur.

http://mos.millenium.org/eu/matchups

In NA however Crystal Desert + Kaineng, EredonTerrace & Borlis Pass and Jade Quarry + Anvil Rock are both owning their match ups.

http://mos.millenium.org/na

I think server linking is a good idea, because otherwise many match ups would be more or less empty, especially outside prime time. You have to understand that many of us have lives and families. Evening is not optimal time for everybody to play. Playing with just 1-2 vs doors get boring, at least now there is more fights. In fact I would say the current week has been very good in EU tier 1.

I would like to ask a counter question: What is wrong about server linking in EU if there still isn’t any significant queues at any hour? Of course I can just speak of my personal experience. Maybe some other EU server pairings have long queues, but I doubt that.

NOTE: Players like me want activity outside prime time as well. Without server linking this doesn’t seem to working that well. Removal of server linking will probably reduce the playing experience for those who mainly play outside of prime time.

Deniara / Ayna – I want the original WvWvW maps back – Desolation [EU]

(edited by Deniara Devious.3948)

in WvW

Posted by: Jana.6831

Jana.6831

NA and EU are different, it’s kind of silly that both are mashed up together and not viewed separately.
We’ve had a lot of people complaining about not enough people (in this forum) and I do agree that the lower tiers, even on EU, might have needed some help. Lowest I’ve ever been was rank 24 on EU – but even we had blobs during prime time, so all the server linking did was making the queues bigger. Ironically my friends from the lower servers quit the game after the linking.
I don’t think the linking will work out, as the smaller servers don’t have a chance to be on their own and form some sort of community, they’re thrown into another server then ripped out and thrown into the next. The idea is nice but with no means to communicate as a bigger group it’s bound to fail.
But those who think only the smaller servers are the ones suffering: My server is the bigger server and we’ve almost never had any commanders, we were a bunch of roamers who went where they were needed. The first smaller server complained about us not providing commanders, so we now have commanders everywhere, a lot of the regulars quit and nothing really works out anymore. But that’s my point of view – I pretty much quit wvw myself (lot of reasons).
I have no idea how it could’ve been solved for EU so that all would have been happy, but I fail to see how server linking should work out in the long run – and yes especially on EU where you can’t just put any 2 servers together.