Server Loyalty

Server Loyalty

in WvW

Posted by: Reanne.5462

Reanne.5462

So I see that GOM is flailing, apparantly losing numbers. I recall it wasnt too long ago that a bunch migrated from there to HOD, and then left shortly therafter.
Personally I have been on HOD since beta, (not counting a brief day on Yaks, because our guild had originally decided to start there…)

I wonder which server has had the least loyal player base? Hey anet can we get some stats on migration movements?

Server Loyalty

in WvW

Posted by: Conaywea.5062

Conaywea.5062

its just a game

Server Loyalty

in WvW

Posted by: Reanne.5462

Reanne.5462

its just a game

HOLY CRAP!

Wait… What do you mean?

Server Loyalty

in WvW

Posted by: CrimsonNeonite.1048

CrimsonNeonite.1048

Deso probably has had the least loyal guilds over the span of 2 years, who eventually returned to Deso in some capacity.

Player wise the Community here has counted on the PVE side of things – which boosted our Player population, especially when there’s a WvW Tournament going on.

That’s loyalty for you in this game.

Scrubio
Plays completely opposite professions to his main Teef.

(edited by CrimsonNeonite.1048)

Server Loyalty

in WvW

Posted by: Coyote.7031

Coyote.7031

I think most servers have their up and downs. I’m not sure many players have server loyalty. I’m sure some would correct me, but I don’t think the majority of players read the forums or get in their server’s TS/etc. I mean if you aren’t having fun on your server why stay? Many servers seem stuck always facing the same few match ups, I could see why people would get cranky or bored. I can see why WvW would get stale, and changing servers means new people, commanders, and new servers to face.

This is also why I understand balancing being a hot topic. If they force balance with mergers it means servers could be more equally ranked and thus you’d get many new match ups. However this would also kill existing communities of loyal players. Seems like a hard choice.

Server Loyalty

in WvW

Posted by: Chris.3290

Chris.3290

It’s 2015; server loyalty, while not dead, is a lesser concern for most guilds and it comes to quality of play and what kind of environment you wish to play in.

Numbers and coverage fluctuate as you go up and down the ladder.

If you are looking for server stability, you might as throw the dice as anyone can implode. T1 is FULL but seem to have that worked out. T2-T3 are as unstable as you can get but are also the most competitive scene (as in, there can be surprises).

You usually see a mid-tier make a rapid ascension and then equally rapid descension every 6 months; but most of those servers are looking mostly stable.

Server Loyalty

in WvW

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

they need to reduce the server number to 9……..

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

Server Loyalty

in WvW

Posted by: Noia.9413

Noia.9413

Somehow… I feel as if those who are saying “the number of servers needs to be reduced” are just looking for a way to draft numbers into T2/T3 (where server identities are generally very weak), in disregard of what we may feel and want elsewhere. If we actually wanted to go to more populated realms, we would simply have purchased transfers to those a long time ago.

Server loyalty is alive and well in at least three servers I have measured: Yak’s Bend was recently accused by someone I was conversing with in Malchor’s Leap of having “too many zealots” and how “BP is almost as bad as they are”. The Northern Shiverpeaks are almost always the first to respond with slogans like “NSP pride!” when I would demand transfers to the Pass for the whole map to hear.

An avenger of the Pass.

The Feared Intelligence Chief of Borlis Pass

(edited by Noia.9413)

Server Loyalty

in WvW

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

Anet really dropped the ball when it comes to social grouping in this game. Worlds should have been the most important social classification in game. Guilds unfortunately lessened our Worlds significance. Then the Mega Server reduced World importance to near nothing. The only World identities come from a small percentage of WvW players.

The least Anet can do, for those players who have been loyal to one world, is some form of a buff. Some extra Magic find or a title or something.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

Server Loyalty

in WvW

Posted by: Noia.9413

Noia.9413

A small percentage these days indeed. Ever since I became one of the few non-transfers who have regularly cast eyes outside our particular realm, I have been starting to get the feeling that the residents of the Pass live in some kind of highly insular bubble of world identity.

For instance, we have a phenomenon among some of our transfers of intense nostalgia for the glory days of the Pass, and a good part of borlis.org’s upkeep is paid for by those who do not at present reside in BP any more. I used to think this was normal in the majority of enemy lands as well — before I started spying outside the realm and seeing for myself that this was not the case.

It is a disconcerting feeling, both in the sense of an unaccountable discovery and in the sense of the overall health of the Mist War’s potential turnout rates, when nearly all the powerful and intimidating foes you always feared and hated turn out to be held up mainly by inertia and little else these days.

An avenger of the Pass.

The Feared Intelligence Chief of Borlis Pass

Server Loyalty

in WvW

Posted by: Liston.9708

Liston.9708

Server loyalty died with megaserver IMHO…

YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→most likely YB

Server Loyalty

in WvW

Posted by: pepper.6179

pepper.6179

yup megaservers messed up wvw. Almost all of the new players have no idea at all of what server they’re in.

[SA]

Server Loyalty

in WvW

Posted by: Shinjo.6092

Shinjo.6092

At least you don’t have people on your server building golems from keep supply then jumping them off a cliff…how’s that for server loyalty?

Attachments:

Server Loyalty

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Since megaservers dropped, its all about the competition. If your side loose the wars with no hope of ever winning… moving is understandable. Its not a bad thing. I applaud those wanting to stick with their servers, but its still just a game and we all want fun.

Server Loyalty

in WvW

Posted by: Tom Gore.4035

Tom Gore.4035

Gandwagon. Just saying.

One – Piken Square

Server Loyalty

in WvW

Posted by: Tiffany.8576

Tiffany.8576

Speaking personally, I’m loyal to my guild ahead of my server. It’s a game though. People should play where they’ll have the most fun. For some, that is remaining loyal to a server’s community. For others that is transferring around to switch things up to prevent fighting the same people/servers constantly, etc.

Tiff | [TW] Tempest Wolves | WvW Staff Tempest Guide
NA/EU sPvP Elementalist

Server Loyalty

in WvW

Posted by: SkyShroud.2865

SkyShroud.2865

guild loyalty is hard enough to find…
and now talking about server loyalty…

thats like super rare…

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

Server Loyalty

in WvW

Posted by: pdavis.8031

pdavis.8031

But how to you make it so staying with a particular server is worthwhile? Many people move for a better WvW experience in a higher tier. There really is no reason to stay with a particular server with a low/uninterested WvW population. Even if you did offer loyalty rewards for staying with a particular server for longer, why would one want to stay with a server that doesn’t share their WvW vision? Why not transfer and stay with that server?

I personally don’t see how Anet can do anything to fix this. They restrict transfers, which leads to people who want the better experience unable to do so, so they stop playing WvW because their server isn’t working with them. Which leads to an even more dead server. They merge servers, but that removes any matchup changes, and you’re basically stuck fighting the same servers all the time.

I suppose it’s up to the guild leaders/commanders to incentivise loyalty. Make it worth your players time to stay with a certain server. Start organizing WvW raids/events. Learn to be a good commander and how to win fights so you can move up in tiers. Other than those types of things, there isn’t much you can do.

“You know what the chain of command is?
It’s the chain I beat you with until you
recognize my command!”

Server Loyalty

in WvW

Posted by: Chris.3290

Chris.3290

In the end, it’s up to the players on servers to determine if people want to stay and play WvW there. Ignoring the commanders, trolling, not playing as a team, all those make people who know what they are doing want to leave.

You might just be on a server full of meatheads and you can either transfer or figure out how to deal with it.

Server Loyalty

in WvW

Posted by: Shademehr.1397

Shademehr.1397

We’ve got some people who are intensely (rabidly?) loyal to Eredon Terrace. MANY of them have resided here since launch and refuse to bail regardless of heck or high water (me included). We’ve invested lots of time and energy (and sometimes money with our web site and TeamSpeak) into our community.

Least loyal player base? Not really sure as my experience is limited, but I’m guessing any of the “bandwagon” servers maybe?

Server Loyalty

in WvW

Posted by: lil devils x.6071

lil devils x.6071

TBH Server loyalty is the primary reason T3 is as broken as it is. Server loyalty is the problem right now. They need a meteor to wipe out all the severs and start over with 6 max , make more maps and solve the problem once and for all. Server loyalty sounds great on paper, in practice with a games fluctuating populations it can kill the game in the long run and runs off new players preventing it from improving. It would have been better with either 1) No servers, choose side b4 match starts or 2) reducing he number of servers to around 6 and adding more active maps available to accommodate the larger population.

New players coming into a dead server see a dead game and leave thinking they missed the boat already. That is not good for increasing a game’s population or lifespan.

[KILL]Killing Tiers Leader [TOON] Toons of Terror Leader [NEWS This Just In Leader
WvW / PVP ONLY

Server Loyalty

in WvW

Posted by: Cottage Pie.6215

Cottage Pie.6215

Deso since day minus three, through thick and thin.

Taua Roqa – Desolation since day minus 3

~~~My Elite PvP Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04xOsNW7zTA

Server Loyalty

in WvW

Posted by: King Amadaeus.8619

King Amadaeus.8619

15 dudes screaming server loyalty, 1500 players transferring every week. It really is just a game, go farm some pve and get off your ded server if you don’t like it. If you are cool with it then cool, have fun.

Mag Server Leader

Server Loyalty

in WvW

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

guild loyalty is hard enough to find…
and now talking about server loyalty…

thats like super rare…

When players talk about guild loyalty, server loyalty, etc., what the conversation really revolves around is loyalty to a community. Servers are not much different from guilds in this respect, only more difficult due to being of a larger scale.

OP asks about servers with the least loyal playerbase. He fails to see a playerbase that is loyal to each other.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

Server Loyalty

in WvW

Posted by: Deathdom.8250

Deathdom.8250

TBH Server loyalty is the primary reason T3 is as broken as it is. Server loyalty is the problem right now. They need a meteor to wipe out all the severs and start over with 6 max , make more maps and solve the problem once and for all. Server loyalty sounds great on paper, in practice with a games fluctuating populations it can kill the game in the long run and runs off new players preventing it from improving. It would have been better with either 1) No servers, choose side b4 match starts or 2) reducing he number of servers to around 6 and adding more active maps available to accommodate the larger population.

New players coming into a dead server see a dead game and leave thinking they missed the boat already. That is not good for increasing a game’s population or lifespan.

You can’t be serious. How in the world did server loyalty kill T3? It died when guilds from all over silver league jumped onto the T2 bandwagon. In what world does server loyalty mean leaving your server?

Server Loyalty

in WvW

lil devils x.6071

You can’t be serious. How in the world did server loyalty kill T3? It died when guilds from all over silver league jumped onto the T2 bandwagon. In what world does server loyalty mean leaving your server?

Game population decline is what killed T3. It is the age of the game. If you have played other mmorpgs, you are well aware that games start out with high population then plummit when the next flavor of the week comes out. The players that populated the servers left for other games, thus why they have the mega server now. Mega server solved the population issues with the PVE maps, but not the wvw maps.

This is just what happens when a game ages, population declines, and they usually merge servers for both pve and pvp portions of the game on other games to solve the problem.. Server loyalty is the only thing preventing them from doing so. They cannot solve the problem without having fewer servers, yet no one wants it to be their server that is hit by the meteor. THIS causes ghost towns and matchup imbalance because there is not enough population to cover all the servers that currently exist, spreading the coverage too thin, and the people are too stubborn to leave. It is like they are the last people in Kolmanskop and would rather die there than allow them to fix the game.

Server loyalty is what is preventing them from leaving, and preventing Anet from fixing the game, so new players walk into ghost towns and either leave thinking it is a dead game by now, or they have to pay to move to civilization.

[KILL]Killing Tiers Leader [TOON] Toons of Terror Leader [NEWS This Just In Leader
WvW / PVP ONLY

(edited by lil devils x.6071)

Server Loyalty

in WvW

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

From a t3 player, NSP PRIDE!!"
I can say nsp population has been very stable, we never had bandwagons not major exits(*) and we are ranked 8(props to comms work and peeps support ), the problem is the disparity of population since every one stacked on the top servers.

(*)Sideonote
(actually we had a large exodus righ at very the beggining of the game a very large guild left to other server, but very stable after that).

yup megaservers messed up wvw. Almost all of the new players have no idea at all of what server they’re in.

^this is so true, ive seen guilds recruiting saying they are a megaserver wvw guilds, wich is one of the best contradictions ive seen in any mmo, implemented decisions conflits with game design.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

(edited by Aeolus.3615)

Server Loyalty

in WvW

Posted by: rhejeckt.5791

rhejeckt.5791

I guess us ppl from T3 owe an apology to the rest of the population for being loyal. o_O Bandwagon guilds & those that transferred for gold have no bearing on the state of affairs.

Server Loyalty

in WvW

Posted by: Naz.2607

Naz.2607

Anet really dropped the ball when it comes to social grouping in this game. Worlds should have been the most important social classification in game. Guilds unfortunately lessened our Worlds significance. Then the Mega Server reduced World importance to near nothing. The only World identities come from a small percentage of WvW players.

The least Anet can do, for those players who have been loyal to one world, is some form of a buff. Some extra Magic find or a title or something.

Naz ©

Server Loyalty

in WvW

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

Despite the megaservers, SBI still holds a lot of pve events and people thought megaservers would end all of that due to us being a pvx server… not true. So yea, communities and stuff still exist. So, no I don’t really care for all this merging and crap… yet. Certainly, this server isn’t a hardcore wvw one but it did help to be into most aspects of gw2.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

(edited by ArchonWing.9480)

Server Loyalty

in WvW

Posted by: Azrael.4960

Azrael.4960

In some cases, it’s the majority population of a server that turns their collective backs on the rest. I used to be on Blacktide and went through 3 guilds in a year before settling in to the one I’m in now. Blacktide had a strong WvW presence for a time then like with good things, imploded on itself. Then the server became flooded with Polish players. Now, it’s a good thing that people can build themselves a community with others who speak their own language. You have the German, French, Spanish and of course the Chinese servers. But Blacktide became, at least in my time, the unofficial Polish server and that disaffected all of the non-Polish players so when time came for wvw, the commanders would arrive in LA and make the call and in the beginning many would answer but eventually the commanders alienated most of the regulars who largely transferred away when the openings came.

Most of my guild, or at least the remaining ones, moved to Gandara and before megaservers hit, boy was that a breath of fresh air. Both in wvw and pve, Gandara really became our guild’s home. Although now the guild is mostly pve since the wvw members have long moved on to wvw guilds and those of us who did go in don’t find it much fun anymore

Server Loyalty

in WvW

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

And you could no longer go to LA and say “Hills being rushed need help” and have half your server show up to help

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

Server Loyalty

in WvW

Posted by: Dhemize.8649

Dhemize.8649

And you could no longer go to LA and say “Hills being rushed need help” and have half your server show up to help

lol Good times recruiting casuals.

You know server loyalty is dead when you see baddies repping a guild tag with the name of a different server. It makes little sense as to why you would name your guild after your home server and then abandon them (but still rep it to live the dream?). Funny/sad.

Server Loyalty

in WvW

Posted by: Guardian of Angels.9867

Guardian of Angels.9867

I’m a PvE player, but will still shout: FOR THE GLADE!!!

Loyalty. I will never switch server!

aka Holy Blood Guardian
Guild Website: http://www.wtnf.net
Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCb07P-bW94jE3-mKHGToyOg

Server Loyalty

in WvW

lil devils x.6071

I’m a PvE player, but will still shout: FOR THE GLADE!!!

Loyalty. I will never switch server!

Yes, so they should just take them all out with a meteorite and no one will be switching servers at all. The servers should be destroyed so we can have balanced wvw matches and not get stuck playing the exact same people forever. LOL

WvW / PVP ONLY

Server Loyalty

in WvW

Posted by: PookieDaWombat.6209

PookieDaWombat.6209

My sig says it all. That being said, we had a large number of people jump recently for their own reasons. i really think as others have stated already, that megaservers dealt a huge blow to server identity and by extension server loyalty.

I don’t WvW nearly as much as i used to, in part due to real life getting in the way, but also because the exodus did kinda hurt.

I’ve been coming back into though as more of a roamer, so yeah. There’s that.

[OTR] – Greck Howlbane – Guardian
Soraya Mayhew – Thief
Melissa Koris – Engie – SF for Life!