Server Merge: Too much lag for roaming

in WvW

Posted by: EremiteAngel.9765

EremiteAngel.9765

I main a Pure Power Reaper and love to solo roam.
I tried roaming a couple of times and gave up.

Pure Power means Full Zerker means I need to see and react fast.

I feel like I’m seeing things a few seconds after it happens.
I used to see and react to a daredevil blinking and striking me within the first 1 to 2 hits. Now I see and react to daredevils blinking and striking me when they have landed their 3rd or 4th hit.
I’m already half dead or 3/4 dead by then.

Can we not have server merges? I would love for there to be less crowded times where I can roam with minimal lag.
Crowded maps with lag is the reason why I don’t roam during NA prime. Now all time zones are practically full maps and its too much lag to roam!

Note: I did not get older and slower. It was just one month ago when I was lag free and roaming fine! All those 4 videos in my signature I reviewed and showed that I did react within the first 1-2 hits of Daredevils blinking and striking me. Now I can’t!

Scourge Demo Weekend Roaming Video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsby6rYkxS8

(edited by EremiteAngel.9765)

in WvW

Posted by: FrownyClown.8402

FrownyClown.8402

Lag is a result of your client unable to keep up with the servers updating information. The best you can do is reduce the amount of info your computer has to process or get a computer that can process it faster.

Reduce the amount of people that appear on map, turn off animations and lower the visual quality. That will help you the most. If those are all low/turned off invest in a new computer.

Bad Elementalist

in WvW

Posted by: zinkz.7045

zinkz.7045

Lag is a result of your client unable to keep up with the servers updating information.

Wrong, lag may be down to the client, it may also be down to the servers being unable to process and send data fast enough, in WvW, the latter is generally the problem, which is why he may be fighting a 1v1 in some corner of the map, requiring minimal information sent for that fight, but be lagging, because there is a 3 way blob fight going on that the servers can not keep up with.

(edited by zinkz.7045)

in WvW

Posted by: Kitiara.2706

Kitiara.2706

The lag has been very intense. I agree. However, it has always been pretty intense with blob vs blob. Now, it is much worse on the Desert borderlands, but the server merge has magnified this issue.

in WvW

Posted by: Helly.2597

Helly.2597

Honestly the merge combined with the stability change (which I presume increased the calculations needed by the server) has made skill lag much worse than before. Usually I could roam with no skill lag even with huge SM fights going on. Now I’ll get 2-5s delay whenever a fight is going on on the other side of the map. Ping remains below 100 but skill lag has been a huge issue.

People call me Hobo.
Violent Tendency [vT]
Ferguson’s Crossing Roamer

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Havent noticed any difference at all when roaming on borders.

in WvW

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

This is mainly about EB.

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

This is mainly about EB.

Oh you mean the zone that’s lagged since release when 3 full zoneblobs meet? Ok.

in WvW

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

This is mainly about EB.

Oh you mean the zone that’s lagged since release when 3 full zoneblobs meet? Ok.

It used to be much less than this,don’t act like a tool please Ok.It started getting worse after the condi cap removal and stabi stack change months back,then it got resolved again and now since recently it’s really heavy again on zerg fights,not even 3 ways only.Ok

in WvW

Posted by: Aidal.4901

Aidal.4901

This, plus EB.

I also have a pretty nice connection speed though, I don’t think this is an issue on their end, either that or my speed is able to plow through it.

in WvW

Posted by: RodOfDeath.5247

RodOfDeath.5247

I don’t dare roam in EB, too much lag. DBLs haven’t experience any as of late.

in WvW

Posted by: Reh.5986

Reh.5986

EB is actually fine for me unless there’s a blob fight nearby. SM fights in lord room are like a slideshow though. I play on an older laptop but with a decent connection.

in WvW

Posted by: FogLeg.9354

FogLeg.9354

I only had lag once in 3-way SM fight. Other than that, it’s fine. BL maps with blob fights = fine. EB outside SM = fine. Off-hours any map = fine.

in WvW

Posted by: Magical Things.8465

Magical Things.8465

Lag is a result of your client unable to keep up with the servers updating information. The best you can do is reduce the amount of info your computer has to process or get a computer that can process it faster.

Reduce the amount of people that appear on map, turn off animations and lower the visual quality. That will help you the most. If those are all low/turned off invest in a new computer.

You are absolutely incorrect. Lag is both client and server side. But in WvW it’s more focused on server side and client side CPU utilization. GW2 is heavily CPU dependant and not GPU dependant.

in WvW

Posted by: Magical Things.8465

Magical Things.8465

I don’t dare roam in EB, too much lag. DBLs haven’t experience any as of late.

I can confirm. Zero lag in the borderlands. EB has lag so severe sometimes the skill lag exceeds 5 seconds. It’s virtually unplayable at times.

in WvW

Posted by: Sadrien.3470

Sadrien.3470

The Eternal battlegrounds is still on worse servers than Dredgehaunt cliffs…. It literally had kitten delay for EVERYONE in SM when we were trying to fight a 80+ TC zerg.

Have fun. Be Alive. K Thnx Bye.

in WvW

Posted by: Sadrien.3470

Sadrien.3470

The lag has been very intense. I agree. However, it has always been pretty intense with blob vs blob. Now, it is much worse on the Desert borderlands, but the server merge has magnified this issue.

Only bad on desert bls if you have way too many people in one place.

Have fun. Be Alive. K Thnx Bye.

in WvW

Posted by: Baldrick.8967

Baldrick.8967

Three way fight in Deserted BL last night during prime, laggy for a little bit- enough to cause many deaths as any lag kills my ele and it’s fields.

It’s server side. I play on a 200mb+ connection on a brand new gaming beast of a machine with settings turned right down, and still get issues in 3 way fights wherever they are if numbers are high enough.

With settings turned up high, the game crashes and i get to send another error message.

WvW player. Doing another world completion for my next Legendary. Hater of mini-games.

in WvW

Posted by: Turamarth.3248

Turamarth.3248

Three way fight in Deserted BL last night during prime, laggy for a little bit- enough to cause many deaths as any lag kills my ele and it’s fields.

It’s server side. I play on a 200mb+ connection on a brand new gaming beast of a machine with settings turned right down, and still get issues in 3 way fights wherever they are if numbers are high enough.

With settings turned up high, the game crashes and i get to send another error message.

Sounds like oom crashes. Are you using the 64bit client?

Brandar – Kodash [DE]
[SPQR]

in WvW

Posted by: EremiteAngel.9765

EremiteAngel.9765

Can we not have server merges? I would love for there to be less crowded times where I can roam with minimal lag.
Crowded maps with lag is the reason why I don’t roam during NA prime. Now all time zones are practically full maps and its too much lag to roam!

Note: I did not get older and slower. It was just one month ago when I was lag free and roaming fine! All those 4 videos in my signature I reviewed and showed that I did react within the first 1-2 hits of Daredevils blinking and striking me. Now I can’t!

Scourge Demo Weekend Roaming Video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsby6rYkxS8

in WvW

Posted by: Teon.5168

Teon.5168

I still have not experienced this lag in wvw that some people here are talking about, and I have an older AMD 940 quad core cpu(oc’ed to 3400) and a GeForce 970 card with a very fast fiber optic internet connection. (I have a feeling that my superfast ISP is probably the main reason why I have not experienced this lag)

Now, I do turn my graphics down quite a ways before I go to wvw, as I know I will encounter blobs that will chug my cpu….and keeping my graphics down may not look the prettiest, but the game stays smooth no matter what, even in huge Lord room battles.

I did experience skill lag in PvE a couple nights back during a boss mob battle in the HoT areas, but as soon as I turned my graphics down, the skill lag disappeared.

Maybe you all are already doing it, and maybe you’re not…..I know it doesn’t look the best graphically, but I would highly recommend that you crank your graphics down while in wvw. Seems to work great for me. Better to have somewhat subpar graphics and smooth gameplay than gorgeous graphics and 4-5 seconds of lag, imo.

But then again, it might have more to do with a much slower ISP, and turning your graphics down might not help a whole lot.

Best of luck!

Forum discussions -
Mmo players with a screw loose vs mmo players with two screws loose. All very important stuff.
-Zenleto-

(edited by Teon.5168)

in WvW

Teon.5168

Of course it is going to be slower than it was in wvw a month ago. A month ago there weren’t near the numbers in wvw that there are now. Expecting your computer to handle it just as it did is unrealistic.

Forum discussions -
Mmo players with a screw loose vs mmo players with two screws loose. All very important stuff.
-Zenleto-

in WvW

Posted by: Kanebrake.6192

Kanebrake.6192

The lag is nothing new for wvw, especially in the upper tiers. No doubt people can remember how bad the lag could get across the map when there was a 3-way garri fight going on in the old BLs when there was a decent population. You had time to make dinner, and walk the dog waiting for a skill to fire off.

Really not much you can do about it if you want to play wvw. Now that the population has started getting back to where it belongs you’re going to have to contend with it until they figure out a way to fix it.

BG

in WvW

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

I agree the lag has become an issue. At times it’s smooth and others it’s bad. I must have had an 6-8 sec skill lag the other night. Yet, there was only two of us on BG BL fighting a single YB at our Spawn camp.

Because the pairing came so close to the Autoloot and other changes, it’s hard to pin point what is the cause of the lag exactly.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

in WvW

Teon.5168

I agree the lag has become an issue. At times it’s smooth and others it’s bad. I must have had an 6-8 sec skill lag the other night. Yet, there was only two of us on BG BL fighting a single YB at our Spawn camp.

Because the pairing came so close to the Autoloot and other changes, it’s hard to pin point what is the cause of the lag exactly.

I remember one of the devs getting on here and talking about how the lag can be caused by many, many different issues, and not just one thing. They sound like they’re trying to solve the issues with it, but, as you said, hard to pin point where the main problems are.

Forum discussions -
-Zenleto-