Server Population

Server Population

in WvW

Posted by: Stridor.3057

Stridor.3057

I just saw today that Blackgate is the only full server now. Did the servers that were previously full have big guilds leave or is there some other explanation?

Server Population

in WvW

Posted by: BassHunteR.7246

BassHunteR.7246

Wvw is dead. To many players and guild barely logging.
Therefore servers are not full.
BG will be open as well. Give it 2 more weeks..
Noones cares. Players dont, anet either. So join the CU hype train and watch hoe anet finishes beating down the dead corpse aka wvw mode

Server Population

in WvW

Posted by: Keefe.3821

Keefe.3821

I can’t understand the match ups. Dragonbrand lost to YB and somehow we end up playing against JQ and FA which has the biggest server populations. Makes no sense.

Server Population

in WvW

Posted by: Reaper Alim.4176

Reaper Alim.4176

I can’t understand the match ups. Dragonbrand lost to YB and somehow we end up playing against JQ and FA which has the biggest server populations. Makes no sense.

“So I start by putting my tin foil hat on for a few minutes.”

It’s to systematically finish killing off WvW in a round about way. Look at PvP, ANet seems to be doing the same over there. Stuff has been deteriorating too long and now speeding up to fast. Because of devs. and/or upper management decisions lately.

I’m nearly 100% sure in my mind at least. I truly believe Anet is trying now silently systematically but efficiently convince players to stop playing WvW and PvP and either leave the game or play PvE and Raids.

“Takes off tin foil hat”

Nah maybe the dev. teams are just this incompetent. This is just too hard for me to believe that a once AAA game company. Could have such incompetency.

#HighOnMedsButNoRegrets

I maybe a troll with class.
But at least I admit it!
PoF guys get ready for PvE joys

(edited by Reaper Alim.4176)

Server Population

in WvW

Posted by: Dontral.7490

Dontral.7490

I think there may be some merit to that. Some of the matches I’ve seen lately where statistically improbable. Three weeks ago CD was #11 and we where matched against BG and SoS. The odds on that matchup was less than 1%. Last week we where matched against BG again.

The odds against this happening by chance is pretty slim, which leads one to consider manual manipulation, and if that is true, why.

It could be for variety. It could be for network reasons, having essentially two instead of three servers in a match could cut down on perceived lag. It could be to discourage people from playing a game mode they no longer wish to direct time and resources into, or it could be they aren’t really paying attention.

Either way it’s frustrating. I’ve been pretty much strictly a WvW player for years. There are dungeons and places in the game I’ve never been, and not a single character of mine has completed a Living Story. I log in, check the matchup and go right into WvW.

Unfortunately the last few weeks I’ve just been getting to the point that just don’t want to take part in these lopsided matches anymore. Sure it’s fun to be the underdog and occasionally squeak out a win or two, but to be in that position week in and week out… it just gets fatiguing.

(edited by Dontral.7490)

Server Population

in WvW

Posted by: RodOfDeath.5247

RodOfDeath.5247

I think there may be some merit to that. Some of the matches Ives seen lately where statistically improbable. Three weeks ago CD was #11 and we where matched against BG and SoS. The odds on that matchup was less than 1%. Last week we where matched against BG again.

The odds against this happening by chance is pretty slim, which leads one to consider manual manipulation, and if that is true, why.

It could be for variety. It could be for network reasons, having essentially two instead of three servers in a match could cut down on perceived lag. It could be to discourage people from playing a game mode they no longer wish to direct time and resources into, or it could be they aren’t really paying attention.

Either way it’s frustrating. I’ve been pretty much strictly a WvW player for years. There are dungeons and places in the game I’ve never been, and not a single character of mine has completed a Living Story. I log in, check the matchup and go right into WvW.

Unfortunately the last few weeks I’ve just been getting to the point that just don’t want to take part in these lopsided matches anymore. Sure it’s fun to be the underdog and occasionally squeak out a win or two, but to be in that position week in and week out… it just gets fatiguing.

Fairly obvious why the manual manipulation is going on. Quarterly report is due soon and they need every little profit they can get to fudge their numbers. If that means at the wvw players expense and experience, anet will do it.

Let’s not forget this is similar to the last time we questioned why BG and JQ were opened magically a few months ago when they were already massive. The quarterly report was due soon. After that, they closed. Manual manipulation is at work.

Server Population

in WvW

Posted by: Reaper Alim.4176

Reaper Alim.4176

I think there may be some merit to that. Some of the matches Ives seen lately where statistically improbable. Three weeks ago CD was #11 and we where matched against BG and SoS. The odds on that matchup was less than 1%. Last week we where matched against BG again.

Fairly obvious why the manual manipulation is going on. Quarterly report is due soon and they need every little profit they can get to fudge their numbers. If that means at the wvw players expense and experience, anet will do it.

Let’s not forget this is similar to the last time we questioned why BG and JQ were opened magically a few months ago when they were already massive. The quarterly report was due soon. After that, they closed. Manual manipulation is at work.

I don’t know. Wasn’t the PvEers that ANet invests so much into. Are single handedly carrying the game now? The only thing I can think of that changed. Is the WvW and PvP populations. Because it seems to me at least the PvE community is stronger then even before now.

I maybe a troll with class.
But at least I admit it!
PoF guys get ready for PvE joys

Server Population

in WvW

Posted by: Blockhead Magee.3092

Blockhead Magee.3092

Anet is trying to encourage server transfers to boost profits. Its the only explanation, beyond incompetence, for letting mismatches like we’ve seen continue.

SBI

Server Population

in WvW

Posted by: DeadSurvivor.6157

DeadSurvivor.6157

When more players leave Guild Wars 2 and head for greener pastures, that will be the time Anet works on all the content they need to work on … Hoping to bring people back after mistakes are made.

Guild Wars 2 News & Links
Guilds: [AoL]
( Swindle Rogue )

Server Population

in WvW

Posted by: casantis.3106

casantis.3106

They are way too slow to react, almost like they don´t care.

Por la Razón o la Fuerza [CL]

Server Population

in WvW

Posted by: BassHunteR.7246

BassHunteR.7246

They are way too slow to react, almost like they don´t care.

It is not “almost lie if they dont care”.
They just dont. Simple as that.
It is like: “what? We have a problem with the wvw game mode? Really?.. Hey look we got a new raid, new legendary weapon ans somd new ls episode… yay i jope you all enjoy those”

Server Population

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

I just saw today that Blackgate is the only full server now. Did the servers that were previously full have big guilds leave or is there some other explanation?

The mode has been leaking guilds and players for months now.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

Server Population

in WvW

Posted by: Keviin Snow.5760

Keviin Snow.5760

why are Anet allow spawn camp ?
this is the only game that allow spawn camp
really kitten ppl off
server with more ppl spawn for hours , days , spoil the fun for other , making them don’t wanna play anymore
and there is no way to get outta spawn cuz all 3 exit are being spawn camps / with sieges etc …

Server Population

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

really kitten ppl off
server with more ppl spawn for hours , days , spoil the fun for other , making them don’t wanna play anymore
and there is no way to get outta spawn cuz all 3 exit are being spawn camps / with sieges etc …

All spawns have 3 or more clear exits, a server would require 1000+ players coordinating the camping of them all yadayadayada… I am tired of people choosing to be spawn camped complaining about spawn camping.

Server Population

in WvW

Posted by: Balthazzarr.1349

Balthazzarr.1349

really kitten ppl off

All spawns have 3 or more clear exits, a server would require 1000+ players coordinating the camping of them all yadayadayada… I am tired of people choosing to be spawn camped complaining about spawn camping.

1000 players to camp the three exits? Not sure what game you’re playing but not WvW in GW2 that’s for sure. 10-20 people per exit can keep a server with just a few people from being able to do anything to get out of spawn unless they have a wp in their keep. Mag right now has been spawn camping pretty much all night and although you can get out at least one way they have enough people that they simply send some others to stop you then go back to spawn. It’s pretty silly really.

WvW isn’t dead… yet… but it’s getting closer every day.

… just call me … Tim :)

Server Population

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

1000 players to camp the three exits? Not sure what game you’re playing but not WvW in GW2 that’s for sure. 10-20 people per exit can keep a server with just a few people from being able to do anything to get out of spawn unless they have a wp in their keep.

No they cant. If we assume you have Alpine hbl, its ~200-300 enemy players to cover that alone because there are tons of exits. Add another 100 players for each of the other maps. That just assumes one server camps another too – if you want to talk one server camping both foes then yes we are up to about a thousand players trying to cram themselves onto 4 maps capable of fitting maybe 300.

What you think I am just talking about EB? EB is not the only WvW. I’d like to see your 30-60 peeps cover all spawns on 2 ABLs, DBL and EB at once and not let a single class pass except maybe a necro without any speed traited. I would also like to see them do that without getting bored within 5 minutes.

Server Population

in WvW

Posted by: Balthazzarr.1349

Balthazzarr.1349

The talk was about a server camping ONE other server spawn.. not every spawn on the map… and not talking about the owning BL’s spawn point(s) depending on wp’s etc.

If you’re talking about all spawn points then yes obviously you need more and depending on the number of enemy it could be many more, or not so much… and so on.

… just call me … Tim :)