Server Q's and transfer decision.

in WvW

Posted by: Ventari.8257

Ventari.8257

Q:

Im trying to make my transfer decision and im thinking that i want to transfer to the highest tier i can that has very little q times. I was thinking any t2-t4 server. I really just want a server that has active players and that i can have fun in. halp me?

in WvW

Posted by: CHIPS.6018

CHIPS.6018

A:

You can expect major queue wait times in SoS, JQ, SoR, BG and FA. TC, Maguuma, CD and DB would probably be slightly better. Kaineng would probably have the least wait time of them all, specially if you play in NA prime times. And these 10 servers would be T1-T3 in the foreseeable future.

All in all, if queue time is a big turn off for you, your best bet would be Kaineng.

Chipsy Chips(Necromancer) & Char Ashnoble(Thief)
The Order of Dii[Dii]-SBI→Kaineng→TC→JQ
Necro Encyclopedia-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrAjJ1N6hxs

(edited by CHIPS.6018)

in WvW

Ventari.8257

i was considering kaineng. but q times are a huge turnoff especially since i like to be able to get into EB. thank you both for the replies, im thinking.

in WvW

Posted by: Kerithlan.1659

Kerithlan.1659

Tarnished Coast only hits 3+ queues on reset night. Otherwise, and for most of the week, we have few queues.

We only really have queues on our home borderland or the Eternal Battleground outside of reset night, and when we do it’s almost always during NA prime time (2:00 pm to 11:00 pm server time). They never last more than 10-15 minutes.

Remember that Tarnished Coast is a large, robust and varied server community. We have strong PvE, strong WvW, and a whole lot of RP. If you’re looking for a server to transfer to with multiple options for when you’re done with WvW, check us out.

This website has a lot of information regarding our roleplay community, events, etc, while this website is our server community website and covers a lot of our WvW needs.

Fosthe — Sylvari Elementalist
Men of Science [MoS] – Tarnished Coast

in WvW

Ventari.8257

thanks alot for the replies. does anyone happen to know what server prefers NOT to zerg, as i love small scale encounters and just roaming solo, what server would welcome this?

in WvW

Posted by: Kerithlan.1659

Kerithlan.1659

That used to be Maguuma, but they just got overstacked on transfers recently and can’t really do it as well anymore. Plus they don’t want people transferring there anyway.

Every server in every tier zergs, you won’t get away from it. However, there’s people on every server that get their kicks from roaming. TC is no exception, and we have a very solid group of roamers in our community. I’d visit our community site and ask around if you’d like to know more or meet up with any of them, as even our big guilds have roamers in them.

Fosthe — Sylvari Elementalist
Men of Science [MoS] – Tarnished Coast

in WvW

Posted by: Kurthos.2354

Kurthos.2354

You can expect major queue wait times in SoS, JQ, SoR, BG and FA. Maguuma, CD and DB would probably be slightly better. Kaineng would probably have the least wait time of them all, specially if you play in NA prime times. And these 9 servers would be T1-T3 in the foreseeable future.

All in all, if queue time is a big turn off for you, your best bet would be Kaineng.

This is not entirely true. Queue times aren’t uncommon, but its even more rare for all maps to have queue times. You’ll mostly find Queues on EB and Home maps.

My choice of a Tier 2 server would be SoR or Blackgate personally.

Go to Sorrows Furnace, Gates of Madness, or Devonas Rest if you’re looking for small scale fighting.

in WvW

Posted by: Chiolas.1326

Chiolas.1326

SFR is usually medium, in T1, and with no PvD during the night, just huge french zergs.

Quit WvW and Gw2 in August 2013

in WvW

Posted by: Unfortunately.5940

Unfortunately.5940

You can expect major queue wait times in SoS, JQ, SoR, BG and FA. Maguuma, CD and DB would probably be slightly better. Kaineng would probably have the least wait time of them all, specially if you play in NA prime times. And these 9 servers would be T1-T3 in the foreseeable future.

Actually FA has a max queue of about 10 minutes on 1 map in NA primetime.

Differently/Sixtysix Sixes – Fort Aspenwood