Server Transfer before Tournament

in WvW

Posted by: Triston.7639

Triston.7639

Q:

Hi guys I am in Sorrows Furnace Server but I want to switch out to Crystal Desert or another Server! But tomorrow is the Spring Tournament start date so if I switched to a different server would I not be able to participate in the tournament?

Example: SF 6-8 hours later (I’m about to sleep soon so ill be doing transfer on tournament day 1) > transfer > CD GoM etc… Couple hours later Tournament starts= Me participating or no?

in WvW

Posted by: Dethl.2875

Dethl.2875

I believe that as long as you transfer before the tourney begins (or at least while the transfer costs are at pre-tourney levels, such as the 0 gem transfers), then you should be fine to play in the tourney. Otherwise, if you transfer after that, you’ll get locked into Edge of the Mists for a while.

some server who knows
Foolsworn (M) | Dehtl (M) | Iofo (G) | Foolburt (W) | Fooloop (T)
Fools Foolentine (EN) | Fooliqi (EL) | Fooniols (N) | Foylshen (R )

in WvW

Posted by: Mute Paladin.5043

Mute Paladin.5043

In my best and honest opinion, do not transfer to Crystal Desert. Personally transfer to a server who has actual skill over numbers. Lately I been playing on NSP Server for months now, good group of people, skilled and knowledgeable. You won’t find much skill among severe numbers in a given group (30 – 60).

Henge of Denravi is not the server, they lack skills among their numbers. They cannot win a true engagement. They have to bring in three or four times their numbers to win. In other words they are nothing but a bunch of Barbarians with inferior intelligence. Secondly, they are predictable. They are guessed to maybe take Third Place in Silver due to their stupid numbers, and massive coverage. Don’t expect a real fight other than them giving you bags, if you perform advance tactics on them, they are slow to learn. Also there is reports of 99 people Queues for Eternal Battlegrounds, and quite possibly more for borderlands. So if you plan to get tickets, you won’t.

Crystal Desert has had 5 or 6 of their major guilds leave to Henge in prospect to do better, so it severely lacks numbers, and they’ll desperately take anyone.

Darkhaven has loss numbers and three of their major guilds, they’ll severely feel the pinch now. They’ll get rolled over in this tournament in Bronze.

Ferguson’s Crossing also severely suffered in numbers. They’ll get steamrolled in tournament in Bronze.

{Northern Shiverpeaks} Yoren Foehammer / Raelin Torchwood

(edited by Mute Paladin.5043)

in WvW

Posted by: Aitadis.8269

Aitadis.8269

I’m curious who these 5-6 guilds who left from CD to HoD are. As a players whos been on CD since day 1 the only guild thats left to HoD was kome, not sure where your getting your info. You also say it severely lacks numbers and skill but I dont remember ever losing to NSP ppt wise, and we have always stomped them in open field.

Illusionary Mesmer
[oof] Crystal Desert

in WvW

Posted by: neomagic.9056

neomagic.9056

Don’t listen to Mute Paladin. He knows nothing about Crystal Desert.

in WvW

Posted by: Impact Blue.5864

Impact Blue.5864

Such salesman talk
Much Hate Crystal Desert
So Not True

Impaçt Blûe [RI]
Crystal Desert

in WvW

Posted by: Kobi Beef.3895

Kobi Beef.3895

Mute Paladin made me laugh today, he has absolutely no idea what he’s talking about, where exactly are you getting your information man?

in WvW

Posted by: SkyShroud.2865

SkyShroud.2865

Hi guys I am in Sorrows Furnace Server but I want to switch out to Crystal Desert or another Server! But tomorrow is the Spring Tournament start date so if I switched to a different server would I not be able to participate in the tournament?

Example: SF 6-8 hours later (I’m about to sleep soon so ill be doing transfer on tournament day 1) > transfer > CD GoM etc… Couple hours later Tournament starts= Me participating or no?

I am not sure if transfer is still open when I post this, didn’t bother to check. I read that there are people receiving warning message yet still able to enter WvW. So, I assume you will not be able to enter WvW if you transfer after the reset timing. Gotta need deve to confirm this.

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

in WvW

Posted by: Mattoid.3206

Mattoid.3206

In my best and honest opinion, do not transfer to Crystal Desert. Personally transfer to a server who has actual skill over numbers. Lately I been playing on NSP Server for months now, good group of people, skilled and knowledgeable. You won’t find much skill among severe numbers in a given group (30 – 60).

Henge of Denravi is not the server, they lack skills among their numbers. They cannot win a true engagement. They have to bring in three or four times their numbers to win. In other words they are nothing but a bunch of Barbarians with inferior intelligence. Secondly, they are predictable. They are guessed to maybe take Third Place in Silver due to their stupid numbers, and massive coverage. Don’t expect a real fight other than them giving you bags, if you perform advance tactics on them, they are slow to learn. Also there is reports of 99 people Queues for Eternal Battlegrounds, and quite possibly more for borderlands. So if you plan to get tickets, you won’t.

Crystal Desert has had 5 or 6 of their major guilds leave to Henge in prospect to do better, so it severely lacks numbers, and they’ll desperately take anyone.

Darkhaven has loss numbers and three of their major guilds, they’ll severely feel the pinch now. They’ll get rolled over in this tournament in Bronze.

Ferguson’s Crossing also severely suffered in numbers. They’ll get steamrolled in tournament in Bronze.

Pretty hypocritical to say groups of 30-60 take no skill when NSP has Os on their server. Probably the worst and most zergy guild on the game who often pull 40+ but then claim that NSP must have loads of skill. Guess it’s ok when you’re server does it but no one else is allowed to?

Dragonbrand
No. 1 Scrub [EDGE]

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

All of the silver free transfer servers are worth the move if you want to fight. Silver is full of wall to wall fighting of all sorts.

HoD is more populated by a good margin over NS and CD but it is very unorganized and there are map queues so getting on EB is a chore. The advantage to HoD is that it will likely finish in the top 5 servers and you will get a Mistforged weapon.

CD and NS both seem to have some solid fighters and decent organization. NS seems to have better overall coverage and they siege very well. They just aren’t as populated so they probably will not finish high enough to get a top tier WvW item as a reward.

If you don’t care about Season 2 rewards, any server will work fine in Silver. If you do care, HoD is the only one with free transfers… in Silver anyway.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

in WvW

Posted by: TogoChubb.3984

TogoChubb.3984

I’m not trying to say that my guild has skill (We play for fun!) or any one else on HOD has skill but we certainly engage in our share of fights. Sometimes we have more numbers sometimes we don’t. Sometimes we win fights and sometimes we get wrecked. Here are a few fights from Tuesday and Wednesday this week. When we aren’t roaming we will run a group average of 10-12. I would say CD and NSP have fine players too but don’t let people tell you that HOD is just numbers without skill.

http://youtu.be/DWtbNLTrBtA?t=1m40s
http://youtu.be/DWtbNLTrBtA?t=4m47s
http://youtu.be/9ArbMd7vEDg?t=1m50s
http://youtu.be/9ArbMd7vEDg?t=3m37s
http://youtu.be/9ArbMd7vEDg?t=6m52s

Commander Togochubb aka Chubby
Perfect Dark [PD] – Yaks Bend

in WvW

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

@Togo what people are saying is that you guys at the momment have way to much cannon fodder, not that HoD core is bad.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.